• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
irg6eQV.png

Launch time: 19:00 UTC

Developer: Wright Flyer Studios
Publisher: GREE
Scenario Writer and Director: Masato Kato
Music by: Yasunori Mitsuda, Shunsuke Tsuchiya, Mariam Abounnasr
Art Director: Takahito Exa
0msWG6S.png
Another Eden is a free-to-play side-scrolling jRPG that leans heavily on the story and less on the gacha. The game involves Aldo, a teenage boy who was found in a forest as a baby alongside his sister, Feinne. As a threat attempts to steal Feinne for her dormant abilities, a distortion in time space rips open, flinging Aldo 800 years in the future.

It is important to note that there is absolutely no co-op/competitive modes or ways to play. It is fully solo. There isn't even a friends list. No PVP, no raids, no group dungeons, no friend supports, no nothing. Just a single-player jRPG with story updates and character stories.

And it has a sword-wielding frog man.

2bjrX6Z.png
JJydgda.png

The gameplay in Another Eden is a traditional turn-based battle system. The player team inputs their commands, executes the commands, then the enemy has a turn. The game has standard gacha/RPG mechanics like leveling up, elemental attacks to consider, status effects, team attacks, and so on. Exploration is done through a side scrolling map, similar to games like Valkyrie Profile.

Qtnvq0Q.png

It's also worth noting that unlike other gacha games, this game really is a jRPG with some gacha elements. There aren't your traditional events like in gacha games. There aren't daily missions. There is no energy (outside of specific dungeons you can run limited times). You don't select a stage and play that level. You walk from point A to point B. You accept a quest? You walk to where you need to complete it, just like "real games". Want to grind? Walk back and forth in the field. Go for it. This is a jRPG-ass-jRPG that just happens to be on mobile with a sprinkle of gacha.

Y1SEj7M.png
While new characters come out twice a month, the banner they are on never goes away. You can summon from their banner at any time, even if their story chapter update has long passed.

Will update with rates and such once it's launched should they be changed, but the rates in JP are:
5* : 3.26%​
4* : 17.97%​
3* : 78.77%​

Note from Reddit on rerolling:

I wouldn't recommend it since it takes 30 minutes to get to the part where you can have a chance to summon a five star but if you do decide to do it and you want meta then your definitely gonna want Mariel the healer. Basically your whole F2P story party should you decide not to roll will be able to five star EXCEPT for the healer so your gonna want Mariel in case you have bad gacha luck.
Edit: (The game's main story is still beatable with the Main healer BUT once post game and future chapters come out your just really gonna want a better healer cause shit, gets, HARD.)

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the nice OT! :) I was unaware of the game existing until today but I'll definitely give it a try once it's out!

Oct 25, 2017
Also, keep in mind that if you're planning to reroll, you may have to get through the tutorials for almost 30 minutes to get it, and it also gonna a bit hindrance due to unskippable feature.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game seems like such a weird oddity. I hope the fact that it tries to please everyone doesn't screw them over, seems refreshing and it's ties to the Chrono series is enough for me to try it.

Oct 25, 2017
You might want to add this to OP.

I wouldn't recommend it since it takes 30 minutes to get to the part where you can have a chance to summon a five star but if you do decide to do it and you want meta then your definitely gonna want Mariel the healer. Basically your whole F2P story party should you decide not to roll will be able to five star EXCEPT for the healer so your gonna want Mariel in case you have bad gacha luck.
Edit: (The game's main story is still beatable with the Main healer BUT once post game and future chapters come out your just really gonna want a better healer cause shit, gets, HARD.)

From Reddit.

Last edited:

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Also, this game 'suffers' from random encounters which I know some people on ResetERA can't stand, though I personally don't think they're too bad with the battles not being too obtrusive that you dread every battle like some JRPGs.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
How long would it take to roll Mariel? Looks like she has a 3% rate and it takes ~30 minutes for a reroll if I understand, so . . . awhile?

Actually I answered my own question lol, I just was wondering if she is THAT indispensible.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
How long would it take to roll Mariel? Looks like she has a 3% rate and it takes ~30 minutes for a reroll if I understand, so . . . awhile?

Actually I answered my own question lol, I just was wondering if she is THAT indispensible.
As said, she's just "necessary' at the end game, so you might be lucky to pull her (or another 5* healer) over time.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
This game is so odd. I'm intrigued and already pre-registered, it's just that I've never thought of a gacha that wasn't very...predatory.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017

You won't need her for launch content, and for any side-story content added for that matter.

She only really comes into play when the REGION dungeons (not story related, just junk to grind) and all those extra hidden bosses gets added.

Basically, post-year endgame content mostly boils up to 4 dps of same element + support + Mariel. Her burst heal and magic shield are just too good.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for this one, heard lots of good things. Any tier list available yet or is that too soon?

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward trying that one for that Chrono feel. As there aren't any daily, can we still pull once in a while without putting any real money?

Also as it's mainly a solo rpg, is it really worth rerolling for end game content not tied to the story? End game in a gacha without coop/pvp seems kinda strange.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward trying that one for that Chrono feel. As there aren't any daily, can we still pull once in a while without putting any real money?

Also as it's mainly a solo rpg, is it really worth rerolling for end game content not tied to the story? End game in a gacha without coop/pvp seems kinda strange.
End game is mostly side stories (the events you'd find in other gachas) and character stories

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit it came out ? God I don't remember my fake app store australian account right now

edit: oh it's a day early i'm lucky then

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the beautiful OT, Einbroch!

To surprise of no one (*cough*, my username, *cough*), I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll try re-rolling Mariel, but if it gets to be too much of a headache I'll just go ahead with whatever the next best thing is. It's really interesting to see a single-player gacha game such as this.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Subbed. Seems it releases 8 PM my time tomorrow. Depending on whether I already get my hands in Kingdom Hearts 3 or not, I may give this a shot in the evening. Else... I will play this in a few days. xD

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
As said, she's just "necessary' at the end game, so you might be lucky to pull her (or another 5* healer) over time.
You won't need her for launch content, and for any side-story content added for that matter.

She only really comes into play when the REGION dungeons (not story related, just junk to grind) and all those extra hidden bosses gets added.

Basically, post-year endgame content mostly boils up to 4 dps of same element + support + Mariel. Her burst heal and magic shield are just too good.

Thanks, I'll try rerolling a bit and see what I get.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested in trying this after hearing about it a long time ago. Probably an unpopular opinion, but the lack of multi-player, guilds, etc. that a lot of mobile games can never get right actually makes me more excited to try it.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
There's no events? How frequent are new content updates for the Japan version?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
This sounds intriguing as hell so it's really disappointing to find it has random battles. I'll still give it a shot, but not seeing encounters on the field almost always ruins games for me, and I imagine it could be even more frustrating in a mobile game where I might be opening it to play for just a few minutes.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So... how much is there to it currently? Do you really have free reign to just continue playing? How much story will there be to do at launch? Is there a lot of grinding/farming that you have to do still?

I'm still pretty fond of Dragalia; I don't want to ruin things by adding another mobile game, since I'm already amazed I've played that daily instead of dropping it after a week like I do with most things.

So this seems neat, but I'm wary of picking it up. If it's very episodic and I can just play a little whenever, that's worth trying maybe. But if there's a ton to do and you have to keep up with it... dunno.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So... how much is there to it currently? Do you really have free reign to just continue playing? How much story will there be to do at launch? Is there a lot of grinding/farming that you have to do still?

I'm still pretty fond of Dragalia; I don't want to ruin things by adding another mobile game, since I'm already amazed I've played that daily instead of dropping it after a week like I do with most things.

So this seems neat, but I'm wary of picking it up. If it's very episodic and I can just play a little whenever, that's worth trying maybe. But if there's a ton to do and you have to keep up with it... dunno.
There's no rush on anything, since there's no timed events, just single player content. Play at your own pace whenever you have time, there's nothing pushing you to play. I'm not sure if there are login rewards or anything, but I'm assuming there is. If there is and you don't feel like playing or don't have enough time to, just log in, claim the rewards, and log back out. When you feel like playing a bit of the content, it's there for you to enjoy.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There's no rush on anything, since there's no timed events, just single player content. Play at your own pace whenever you have time, there's nothing pushing you to play. I'm not sure if there are login rewards or anything, but I'm assuming there is. If there is and you don't feel like playing or don't have enough time to, just log in, claim the rewards, and log back out. When you feel like playing a bit of the content, it's there for you to enjoy.

If it's just that sort of thing, that's doable, sure.

...I collected Miitomo daily coins for a ridiculous length of time after I stopped actually using it. Same for some KHUX daily stuff, back near its launch...

If there's daily limited access to farming stuff without a way to auto and such, that's a bit more annoying. But it sounds like I'll be checking it out tomorrow, in any case.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Game launches 21:00 here about. Depending how I get apk I might test rerolling.
Seeing mentions as low maintenance game sounds good thus it might not be so important to get in by "Day one player". Just so that I can acquire launch freebies.

Very ok that there is no any in game stuff between players. I can post all the shit I get and not get to this thread :P.

Looking forward to this one

Same here. Just hoping that EU folks can play this.