• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got enough crystals to do a multi-pull. Got Akane, Parisa and Bivette in terms of 4*s. Are any of them worth using?

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
I started this last year (jp version) but had to put it on hold because of other stuff to do, despite really liking it. This thread is pushing me to go back to it asap. I stopped just after beating the boss of chapter 13 which was hard as nails.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got enough crystals to do a multi-pull. Got Akane, Parisa and Bivette in terms of 4*s. Are any of them worth using?
On status screen, do they have all 4 stars lit up or only 3? If all 4 are lit up then they will be easier to level as you won't have to farm for class change mats.If you don't have any 5*s then they are probably worth using. I use this to get an idea of a chars usefulness https://altema.jp/anaden/charalist-2

I started this last year (jp version) but had to put it on hold because of other stuff to do, despite really liking it. This thread is pushing me to go back to it asap. I stopped just after beating the boss of chapter 13 which was hard as nails.
Yeah the game does have some difficulty jumps. I do think though that they are expecting you to switch between the story and doing the hard mode dungeons, going by the gear you unlock in each at least. Up to ch13 atm myself and am doing a few runs of HM marsh to get some mats for gear.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the game does have some difficulty jumps. I do think though that they are expecting you to switch between the story and doing the hard mode dungeons, going by the gear you unlock in each at least. Up to ch13 atm myself and am doing a few runs of HM marsh to get some mats for gear.
Definitively. Wouldn't have been able to beat him without upgrading my gear and leveling Aldo up to 4* (that took a lot of time, but I don't like not having the MC in my party).

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
I'm up to chapter 10. The game kind of makes me just want to play Chrono Trigger instead. The dungeons are getting long and repetitive and the bosses are just damage sponges that are battles of attrition.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
On status screen, do they have all 4 stars lit up or only 3? If all 4 are lit up then they will be easier to level as you won't have to farm for class change mats.If you don't have any 5*s then they are probably worth using. I use this to get an idea of a chars usefulness https://altema.jp/anaden/charalist-2

All four stars are lit up for all three of them, yeah. Looking at that list, it looks like no, none of them are any good. Disappointing.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to chapter 10. The game kind of makes me just want to play Chrono Trigger instead. The dungeons are getting long and repetitive and the bosses are just damage sponges that are battles of attrition.

I do like the game but I do get that feeling as well. It really just makes me want to play chrono trigger again.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
So, what's the point in the first "pull" (character selector thing)? Am I supposed to know who to pick from their small portraits? Which character should I choose?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I just played 4 straight hours after installing this due to this thread. Holy shit I wasn't prepared for how good this game is!

It's the closest thing to a "normal" rpg I have played on iOS maybe ever damn wow.

-beautiful graphics

-OMGWTF- level soundtrack. I have heard tracks that remind me of Xenoblade Chronicles and Chrono games. A+++ soundtrack

-fun battles but simple so far. Loading is fast, enemies are animated, and there is no dumbfuck stamina system so you can fight as much as you want

-Story is pretty good so far. Side quests are nice little stories that flesh out the world and characters. Localization seems a bit amateur I mean it's fine and it's not engrish at all but it's not ok the level of FF games or other rpgs with great translations

-Lots of cats! This must be a Chrono reference right?!

-weird you can't sell anything that I can see??
-I wish it was full control movement. It is alright and works for mobile - you move on set paths and it works fine but I'd prefer something like Zelda:lttp
-gacha seems uninvasive and the characters I have now seem fine for the whole game like I can't imagine not being able to beat the game with them and if that's true then it's great

Overall I'm loving it so far :) Can't wait to play more tomorrow. Recommended if you are looking for a legit turn based rpg on ios that is devoid of the usual terrible free to play mechanics plaguing games on mobile nowadays!

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the pace was overall faster. Not being able to skip dialogues is already slow enough and every sidequest is full of text, now dungeons are getting longer and longer, even the random encounters are starting to become tedious.
It's like the game wants to make you lose as much time as possible.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I read online that Ciel is a great choice due to the abilities they get so I went with her. Seems good so far!
Him*

So I did my first 10-pull last night. I can't find a tier list anywhere online but I'm really happy with my pull I think I got some good characters. As of now I've got:

Ciel
Miyu
Mariel
Cyuca
Breeno (I got 2 of him, a 3* and a 4*, not sure what's up with that)
Pom
Nomar
Akane

Which is kind of suddenly overwhelming to have so many 4* characters. I'm not sure how to build a party and who night be worth investing in. I ended up leveling up Mariel because I've heard a lot of good stuff about her, and I leveled up Cyuca because I liked her design and that she used an axe and can inflict poison. Any recommendations on if I should really be developing some of these guys though?

Already halfway to my next 10-pull too, btw, seems to be going a lot quicker the second go around.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Gah, I went and rerolled after I found out Ciel was a dood and my ten pull couldn't create a proper jrpg harem team.

Happy I did; now I have a harem party for all 5 additional spots!

dS4kWPu.jpg

YEAH BOI!

Just some things I noticed for those beginning out.

-Filling out your party is incredibly important to surviving later encounters, and two healers make a world of difference.
-Eat your food! You'll get another one when you rest at an inn.
-You can level up your character by going into Status and pushing the "+" sign next to the level (THANK YOU ERA!)
-Status effects are very op atm.
-Try and train up another healer beside the free one.

But yeah, I felt like I didn't need to reroll at all but wanted a specific time waste team so I did and thought it wasn't too bad if your tap tap tap through all the dialogue.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What happens in short? Maybe I will have to play this game after all...

A knight named Cyrus who is cursed to be in frogperson form joins your party and talks about his lost disciple before sending you on a quest to unlock your magic sword and enter the Tower of Time to stop the king who is under the influence of an evil Oracle from messing with the space-time continuum.

That sounds more interesting than it actually is, as most of the game (through chapter 10, at least) compromises interminable fetch quests and grinding though shallow battles with identical enemies in identical corridors using characters that are flatter than what you'd find in NES RPGs.

My advice is just to play Chrono Trigger or Cross again.

I'm out.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
What happens in short? Maybe I will have to play this game after all...

You literally open up an End of Time-like hub world from which you can access the different time periods.

Downloading right now.

Is it doable as a free game? How intrusive are the pay elements?

From everything I've seen it's doable without partaking in the gacha for a long time and I don't think you even see the payment screen unless you seek it out actively.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Downloading right now.

Is it doable as a free game? How intrusive are the pay elements?
It's incredibly F2P friendly and you can beat the main game with the freebie units. When you do pull, you have a good chance at getting powerful units since powerful units can be summoned as a 4 star that you can invest in to get the same top tier unit.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
You can do the whole thing without spending a penny. Honestly I don't know how they make money at this rate.
It's incredibly F2P friendly and you can beat the main game with the freebie units. When you do pull, you have a good chance at getting powerful units since powerful units can be summoned as a 4 star that you can invest in to get the same top tier unit.

That's great news.

If it needed some sort of investment, I'd rather known up front vs getting in deep and feeling like I'm strong armed into it.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
That's great news.

If it needed some sort of investment, I'd rather known up front vs getting in deep and feeling like I'm strong armed into it.
Yeah, like commish replied earlier, I have no idea how they plan on making a steady stream of revenue. If you played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it feels like the summon system in that game. You can get through with a good plan and good team composition but it adds a layer of collectibility that is the real catch for a lot of players. The story is actually decent to boot.

I'm having more fun with this than Bravely Default (similar art style) and I paid full price for that game. We'll see how it evolves with the future updates since it just released but going by the japanese release table seems pretty good!

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to reroll after my not getting a 5* in two multis and got two 5* on my new account, Lokido and Toova (although she's only 4* right now). Pretty happy with that

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
The game is indeed basically earning no money in the US during these launch days but it's shockingly high ranking in Japan for what it is. I have no idea why except for possibly word of mouth and the names involved. Era is honestly the most negative on the game I've seen anywhere.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
The game is indeed basically earning no money in the US during these launch days but it's shockingly high ranking in Japan for what it is. I have no idea why except for possibly word of mouth and the names involved. Era is honestly the most negative on the game I've seen anywhere.
I've stuck with the jp version since launch.
I think the game being really low maintenance compared to the typical FGO, GBF, Dragalia mobages is probably key to it.

Reading some complaints of global versions everywhere, seems you got some people expecting some crazy console-type of jrpg.
When I say the game is decent, I'm really basing it as a phone game and comparing it to all other true gacha mobages.
No denying that if you want a real jrpg experience, go play recent DQXI or emulate some Chrono Trigger.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've stuck with the jp version since launch.
I think the game being really low maintenance compared to the typical FGO, GBF, Dragalia mobages is probably key to it.

I apologize if my wording was unclear but I meant revenue wise, and those games (at least for the first two definitively) earn a lot more so I doubt being low maintenance is an advantage for this.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
I apologize if my wording was unclear but I meant revenue wise, and those games (at least for the first two definitively) earn a lot more so I doubt being low maintenance is an advantage for this.
Oh, I was commenting on the negativity.

Well it's pretty obvious they're not aiming for FGO numbers.
Else gameplay would be just like every other mobile games.

Oct 25, 2017
traveling a bit so internet is spotty for rerolling, how is this game so far?

I'm enjoying the music but the story is kinda dull. Gameplay reminds me of Gbf and danmemo...

How do you reroll anyways? seems like a good while before I can even get enough for a 10 pull.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
There is no reroll in this game IIRC. You get to pick one 4 star character at the beginning and after that you just have to save up gems to roll. It took me a few hours of gameplay to save up enough for my first 10 pull.

Last edited:

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I'm still really amazed at how well this game handles being offline. I commute in New York City and there's only cell phone service in the subway stations, not on the ride between. I can't play Granblue Fantasy because as a browser game it demands a constant connection, and I can kinda play Fate/Grand Order if I load into a battle between stations and happen to have those characters' NP attack animations cached. But Another Eden will let me keep playing along until I finish a quest and increase my hard gacha currency count (that's the only time it'll boot me). I can loot items, buy equipment, do battles, and accept quests while underground just fine!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really amazed at how well this game handles being offline. I commute in New York City and there's only cell phone service in the subway stations, not on the ride between. I can't play Granblue Fantasy because as a browser game it demands a constant connection, and I can kinda play Fate/Grand Order if I load into a battle between stations and happen to have those characters' NP attack animations cached. But Another Eden will let me keep playing along until I finish a quest and increase my hard gacha currency count (that's the only time it'll boot me). I can loot items, buy equipment, do battles, and accept quests while underground just fine!

Even in Manhattan where the metro WiFi is "improved" >.> its still spotty at best. This game is a dream come true for manhattan commuters lol

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Reached chapter 6. I find it a bit strange how the length of chapters varies so widely. I mean, chapter 5 was basically a single cutscene.

The chapter 4 boss was cool. That was actually already what I was asking about yesterday in terms of difficulty. I wasn't really in any danger, but you couldn't just brainlessly attack him.

I should have around 600 Chrono Stones at the moment. So I guess in a few days I can do my 10 pull (since I basically only play 1-2 hours if at all per day at the moment).

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I got my butt kicked by ch. 10's final boss. I've been upgrading my gear and using APs but I just can't recover from the group damage from one of the boss' attacks. Should I grind a few levels or is there something I'm missing?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I got my butt kicked by ch. 10's final boss. I've been upgrading my gear and using APs but I just can't recover from the group damage from one of the boss' attacks. Should I grind a few levels or is there something I'm missing?
At some point the boss starts talking, it'll go to 25% one turn, then do an aoe attack the next turn(you should be able to survive this but make sure no one is low on health) and then it'll go to 50% on the third turn. During that time get any buffs/debuffs up that you want up and/or swap in your best damage dealers and then make sure to use the super move which allows you to spam skills after you see the 50%. You should be able to burst it down during the super. I think the super bar runs down in real time so you might want to put all your best attacks on the same slot for everyone so you can just mash the same area and not waste any of the bar to thinking where to press.

If you can't beat the boss in that super then you'll likely wipe as past it getting to 50% it just spams a 900 damage attack which most party members won't be able to take even at full health.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At some point the boss starts talking, it'll go to 25% one turn, then do an aoe attack the next turn(you should be able to survive this but make sure no one is low on health) and then it'll go to 50% on the third turn. During that time get any buffs/debuffs up that you want up and/or swap in your best damage dealers and then make sure to use the super move which allows you to spam skills after you see the 50%. You should be able to burst it down during the super. I think the super bar runs down in real time so you might want to put all your best attacks on the same slot for everyone so you can just mash the same area and not waste any of the bar to thinking where to press.

If you can't beat the boss in that super then you'll likely wipe as past it getting to 50% it just spams a 900 damage attack which most party members won't be able to take even at full health.

Thanks for the tip! I'll change some party members around to get magical buffs and prepare better for that burst window.

edit: it worked wonders! with careful planning, I did 3x what I normally do during supers and killed the boss. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just finished Chapter 6. The difficulty is actually nice now. Also I can do my first 10 pull soon. I think I am missign 50 stones or something.

Also, I loooove the boss theme! <3

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
Haha, I keep forgetting about the super meter! I find it hard to be timed like that.

Currently my tactic is having two spellcasters on rotation (one up hitting with hard skills and one in the back regenning mana) and two healers (same deal). I also have a Lancer Tank character that can help mitigate things if they get spicy but Mariel's heals/clears are a godsend (I got really lucky with her showing up in my first 10-pull). Did my second free 10-pull today and got Ciel and Yio. Kinda outta leveling scrolls till I get to a place with new sidequests.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Woo! My second multi on my new account pulled through!

Couldn't be happier! I now have two 5* characters in Mariel and Lokido as well as Toova who can become 5*. Very nice!

Now off to see if I can beat the chapter 14 boss. That damn thing is difficult!

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking the game but the fact that you can't play on two devices without doing the transfer thing might kill the game for me.

The Facebook link apparently does nothing, so...yay?

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
So chapter 1-10 is pretty much the intro or beginner's guide and the game opens up vastly.
Wild. Such a departure from other gacha that is more than welcome in my book.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the weird baby face boss and can travel through time now. I REALLY liked returning to Baruoki and reuniting with the mayor. Whupping that big boss on the way was nice too.
My party is still all level 20/21 so I think I need to grind some before the next section.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the weird baby face boss and can travel through time now. I REALLY liked returning to Baruoki and reuniting with the mayor. Whupping that big boss on the way was nice too.
My party is still all level 20/21 so I think I need to grind some before the next section.
I recommend going off to do hard modes.

Oct 25, 2017
You may want to add this to OP, it has vast of information about Tier characters, equipments, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZflfCZc7xaSKHvS7w6fh3EUpMo/edit#gid=129744855

Also, a bit info about summoning:

Free stones guarantees a 4s hero per ten summons
Paid stones guarantees a 5s hero per ten summons, but only maximum one try each month
Chance of a 5star hero is 2%, maximum three 5s per 10 summons
In future the game will have banner events for specific heroes via 10 summon, and specific 5 star hero u can obtain through quests
Aldo, Miyu, Ciel are all 4s heroes but able to ''upgrade'' to 5 star via future chapter release of the storyline

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnotherEdenGlobal/comments/ambpmb/general_game_guide/

Last edited: