• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
The Temple of Time boss is a blatent equipment check and with a 500+ damage aoe I feel bad for anyone stuck with Ricca as a healer. What a dick.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just finished chapter 10. Finally I have access to the "full" game so to speak. I tried one of the T-Rex thingies but those were 28 when my party was around 20-23. But there are several weaker FOEs which I will now try and hunt.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ch. 10's final boss is the first wall in the game, and ch. 13's is an even bigger wall.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Tower of Time boss was my first wipe of the game. It pushed me to grind for the first time, too.

Long story short, screw that boss.

Last edited:

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
New player here. Did my first 10 character pull today and got 5* Lokido and Toova. Think I got lucky, but if I understand the part about rerolling, I really only have to ever try and roll for Mariel right, since the rest of the story part except Riica will get 5* eventually?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you reroll if you get 2 5* units...

I think having two healers would be nice, I've only got one and I wish I had two, but it's not worth chucking away a good account like that considering how long it takes to reroll.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Do I get the various class change items only sometimes from hard (and later maybe very hard) dungeons? Or do I also get them from regular quests later on? Basically, since I am now in chapter 11, should I farm said dungeons or just continue and not bother with class change for now?

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got enough 4* characters from my free 10 pulls that I have never bothered going after a class change, and I'm on chapter 20 right now. As long as you have a few 4* on your party, you should be good to complete the story.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I got enough 4* characters from my free 10 pulls that I have never bothered going after a class change, and I'm on chapter 20 right now. As long as you have a few 4* on your party, you should be good to complete the story.
Yeah but if you were unlucky enough to not get a 4* healer I'd say getting Riica up to 4* is fairly mandatory at least. Though maybe even if you did it might still be worth it as I'd imagine having two healers would be useful. Wish I had two so I could swap between them in the front and back to restore MP.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, true, had not thought about healing. Besides Riica I only have a 3* Krervo to heal, but as weak as he is it's still good to heal twice per turn.

As to your other question: yeah, scripts and tomes are only gotten from Hard and Very Hard dungeons.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I wish they would drop more in the dungeons they have a ridiculous rate. Luckily I've been very fortunate from my pulls, I've got Pom and Mariel for healing, then like 5 4* attackers, and also Lokido.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PC with an emulator, full screen and earphones is the way to go. Really doesn't feel like a mobile game like this.
I particularly like this track, so relaxing and Chrono-like to me:

Anyway, chapter 21 now and the game continues to be pretty easy after the wall that was the ch.13's boss.
My current team:
- Aldo 4*
- Cyrus 4*
- Mariel 5*
- Suzette (Another Style) 5*
- Toova 5* (20 levels behind so I haven't actually used her yet)
- Yuuin 5*
Basically, every 5* I have + Aldo and Cyrus because it feels wrong otherwise.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Another day another no patriarchs tome
I did get 2x low scrolls instead on one of my runs so yaaaay

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Did my first ten pull today. Didn't even get a four star with five star potential. :( I'm really enjoying the game, so I'll just keep playing, but I hope this doesn't happen another... like... three days from now, lol?

As a slightly related aside, usually I'll buy a monthly deal pack or "First-time discount" currency in gacha games before going totally cold turkey (Danmachi Memoria Freese's monthly Syr's Lunch Box is still the GOAT for gacha games; offering you a small amount of bonus premium currency every day for the next thirty days at a very discounted price). The prices in Another Eden are just... really high? Like the monthly discounted pack is $33 CAD for 1000 Chronos, and the other discount pack is a $110 CAD/4000 Chronos pack. Like... I can acknowledge that those are both absolutely discounted from their original prices (Approx $44 CAD and $144 respetively), but bearing in mind that you really want 1000 Paid Chronos for 10-pulls, I don't feel like there's one that's hitting the cost range for me. I wish more gacha games could have a Fortnite-style Battle Pass or a Danmachi-style Syr's Lunch Box, because I struggle to justify paying over $30 CAD for a single ten pull.

As another aside, I feel like the rate at which you collect Chronos is really slow in general. I think it'd be more fun for users if the big pull were 500 Chronos for five instead of the industry standard 10-pull purely because the rate you gather Chronos at is so slow (this might honestly sound like I'm bellyaching because I didn't get a 5*, but I genuinely just feel surprised at how long it took to get 1000 Chronos the first time, bearing in mind that in like every gacha game the first time is almost always the quickest and it only slows from there). Does anyone who's played the game to story completion know how the rate of Chronos acquisition is post-game? I imagine it'd grind to a halt but I'd love to hear otherwise.

EDIT: God this post is written horribly but I hope you guys can make sense of it lol <3

Last edited:

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Managed to get a DRUID tome instead which meant I could 4 star my Krevro but it's sad that for now at least I have to bench Riica

Oct 28, 2017
I made the third free pull yesterday of course. Getting closeish to a 4th but still have to beat Ch 13. I did get Pom as my 2nd guaranteed 4*, and I've picked up enough stuff to upgrade Miranda and Cyrus of all characters. Most of the tomes that drop are for characters I already have at 4*. Is there a list or something of which dungeon is more likely to drop which tome or am I best off just doing Man Eating Marsh (Hard) repeatedly until I crack the story barrier? I'd really like Aldo and Riika's tomes in particular.

I've already gone back to kill most of the elite encounters that I can think of, and looted some pretty high level goods too. Just procrastinating on trying to finish Ch 13 again for now.

Back to back boss encounters are some bullshit.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So I've not really played any more but I wish the reset time wasn't arbitrarily midnight UTC.

I miss like every other day or more of free currency because I keep forgetting and also I remember past 7 PM at night. Which then means I don't form a habit of checking the next day, and...

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
there are documents over on r/AnotherEdenGlobal that detail which Hard/Very Hard dungeons drop which tomes, and also where to find materials for equipment, it's worth a look.

Oct 28, 2017
there are documents over on r/AnotherEdenGlobal that detail which Hard/Very Hard dungeons drop which tomes, and also where to find materials for equipment, it's worth a look.
Will do. Thanks!

I did beat that boss and am doing some side quests and character quests now, huzzah. Valor Chant Power Up here I come!

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is at least 1 Murmur/Prayer Script guaranteed per dungeon run? I am now also at chapter 13 - the enemies already are hard (as in, I can't 1 round them xD). Not much gear left I could potentially get unless I go into the 33+ dungeons. But it would really help if I could at least upgrade my healer to 4*.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the chest at the boss room will always have script, and there are other chests throughout the dungeons that may also contain them. I have heard that you can get from 1 to 3 scripts when you open a chest too, so maybe you can get lucky!

The weapons from Hard Man-Eating Marsh were what helped me go past Ch. 13, haha

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am only doing 1-2 dungeons per day at the moment so I am lacking in scripts like hell. Then again, since I can't really progress now anyway (except for some character stories) that may change a bit now. But good to know that you will get at least one script. So only like 25 more runs with the correct drops... xD

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked Aldo's 4* uncap and raised his light enough for the first stat upgrade.

I think I'm approaching what is most likely the end of the game's current story.

The enemies in this dungeon are quite the difficulty spike though lol even with levels in the mid 50s.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Playing on PC with an emulator, full screen and earphones is the way to go. Really doesn't feel like a mobile game like this.
I particularly like this track, so relaxing and Chrono-like to me:

Anyway, chapter 21 now and the game continues to be pretty easy after the wall that was the ch.13's boss.
My current team:
- Aldo 4*
- Cyrus 4*
- Mariel 5*
- Suzette (Another Style) 5*
- Toova 5* (20 levels behind so I haven't actually used her yet)
- Yuuin 5*
Basically, every 5* I have + Aldo and Cyrus because it feels wrong otherwise.

Which Emulator runs it?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Welp, no Mariel for me, I did get 4* Pom though. So now I can just level her instead of upgrading Rica.

Also got 4* Nikeh and 3* Benedict. Rest were either dupes or part of the Knights/Robots.

Oct 28, 2017
Got enough to pull again on the healer banner. Walked away with 5 Star Mighty and guaranteed 4 Star Yio. Probably my worst overall pull, the other 8 characters were 3 Star and half of them were duplicates.

Been playing less and less as time goes by. For a free/gatcha game it is pretty good although on the mtx side for the price they want you to pay for a guaranteed 5 Star, they should let you pick the one you want. I'm just not in the mood for more playing right now. Some of the character stories are really neat though.

Going to also recommend grinding Man Eating Marsh (Hard) for new weapons and armor if you're having a hard time with the boss of 13. Earth heroes are very good for the boss of this dungeon too. Having Lokido and Ciel double team that boss made it ridiculously easy to reliably and repeatedly walk out with full sacks of materials.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
After Prom and Darunis reached levl 28 I tried Maneating Marsh today. Worked, but since Mighty does water damage he is rather useless for the boss. But damn, I see why the equipement is so god. Especially the armor stuff increases stats by 25-30+. The only other thing I could buy would be armor and a few weapons from Nadara Volcano hard, but I need thos Smoledring something which are rare drops. D:

I will probably do a few more Marsh runs and hope for some good drops, so at least 1-2 characters get new weapons and armor.

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh, this game is mad annoying on newer iphones. The navigation bar keeps fading in and out overlapping text and battle ui

8J2w2lW.jpg

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing the game very occasionally. Got to... I'm guessing Chapter 6. Finally got 1000 stones and realised the banner with the guaranteed 5* uses paid stones only. lol

So I just rolled instead on the 10 allies with Mariel roll rate up and funny enough:
Screenshot_20190219-133457.png

That takes care of that since I'm planning to just play free as much as possible.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Was able to 4* my Aldo yesterday. :A
I will probably run Marsh a few more times to get some more gear and then try the chapter 13 boss.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Unlocked Aldo's 4* uncap and raised his light enough for the first stat upgrade.

I think I'm approaching what is most likely the end of the game's current story.

The enemies in this dungeon are quite the difficulty spike though lol even with levels in the mid 50s.

Sorry how do you raise his light? I figured you do that by getting duplicates but you can't get duplicates of Aldo

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, guess I really do gotta get started on playing again if I want to do that 10 pull before the banner ends...

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Did three rolls for Mariel, only got a 4* version. A long horrible grind it is for me then.

The title of the game turned out to be very blunt. Aldo is made into another Eden and is a time travelling cat.