• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am still playing Etrian Odyssey Nexus, so I didn't touch the game beyond daily logins in the last week or so. Still at chapter 13. Maybe I should just try the boss, a few of my units have already some hard Marsh gear.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This event is super nice. No pressure, I can just run it whenever I feel like it and the rewards will always be the same. I got lucky with the gacha and have a 3.18 multiplier too so it's going pretty fast.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
This event is super nice. No pressure, I can just run it whenever I feel like it and the rewards will always be the same. I got lucky with the gacha and have a 3.18 multiplier too so it's going pretty fast.
Everything added to AE is permanent content, which is also great for returning players.
I wish every mobage adopted this + story-cutscene concept.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finished chapter 13 yesterday. Yeah, I can imagine that boss being a wall, I had no problems but as many other I already had gear that more or less overgeared this boss... xD

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I finally got a sword master tome thanks to the Labyrinth and I also pulled my first 5 star character.(Anabel). Feeling pretty good.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the event story, got my main party in the 40s now. New banner tomorrow before the Azami stuff gets added!

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Deirdre's story was pretty good.

Finished up the last of the rewards on the list from the labyrinth.

Back to leveling up the rest of my characters and grinding light levels I guess.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Azami update is hitting Wednesday!
I'm really excited for it though my party isn't powerful enough to recruit her yet. Definitely gonna pull on the new banner though.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Azami is out! I'm definitely gonna need to grind more to get her though. Her battles are fun anyway.

I did two pulls on the new banner and got 4* Lokido but that's about it in terms of good stuff.

Also the game apparently has a million downloads across platforms and regions so we get 50 stones in our inboxes every day for the next week instead of the usual 20.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I think I am at the point where I have done all non character quests in chapter 14. Man, those were quite a few. I think next up is Xeno Domain? At least it was already name dropped. I could also try hard mode Tower of Time, but I will probably progress in the story a bit more before I go back into the dungeon. With how little I am playing this (only here half and hour and there) I would like to at least finish the main story at some point. Grinding can come afterwards. xD

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
i just like this game a lot since you can play it a little here and there and not really lose out on anything.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the story! It was really great.
I'm excited to finally be able to play Very Hard dungeons now and upgrade my equipment past lvl 48 and hopefully get some 5* tomes!

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
the issue won't be getting 5* tomes, it will be getting chant scripts... I have multiple tomes of 5* chars i don't even have but i'm still waiting for my 1st chant script...

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy the best looking character in this update is the free one! I wish I had Foran for a higher multiplier since I have Sevyn and Mighty already. Hopefully in my upcoming pulls!!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Have been playing a lot more this week after just collecting login bonuses for a long time. Of course, I didn't realize that the two different reset times were a thing (why the hell does the one that lists the time not reset at midnight UTC, but the one that doesn't does...?) so I lost maybe every other day at times. Goal is to get to the point where I can farm those hard level dungeons at least.

I'm in chapter 10 now and enjoying it a lot more than I was early on. Chapter 9 was hard but mostly because I had to use food a while before the boss due to the enemy groups, even though I almost killed the boss. I went and spent some time getting materials for upgrading all my weapons and armor, and had a little more strategy, and uhhhh that sorta was overkill because I blazed through all the enemies. And this party I made for the boss, without me realizing, leveled just enough in that time to get their medium level elemental attacks and most of them were earth element. Soooo it wasn't exactly a hard fight when Toova was dealing 2-3k, hah.

10 was also a little hard enemy wise, so I'll see how the boss is shortly...

And got 4* version of Mariel off this banner after 2 10s I did thanks to progressing, so I'm satisfied even if my other results were kinda junk. So much earth damage...

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Woops, already burned through the new update story. Good stuff! I like Jade a lot. He's like a freebie Shion.
Did two ten pulls, managed to get Foran, Soira, and Samora. Foran is nice for the extra multiplier in this event and Soira will come in handy to let me finally beat Azami's level 80 form.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.
I can't recall if it had story arc 2 detailed in it, so watch out for spoilers if you're focused on global version.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Nice.
I can't recall if it had story arc 2 detailed in it, so watch out for spoilers if you're focused on global version.
Thanks for the heads up! Luckily I'm not fluent enough to be spoiled by glancing at Japanese text so I just won't sit and translate the story stuff. The only thing I've been "spoiled" on was the playable status of a certain character but I don't think it's a huge spoiler anyway haha.
The book is really nice though! Lots of character portraits for the various rarity tiers and Another Styles, plus damage calculations for their attacks which is handy if I need to make sure I'm hitting as hard as I can. :)

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So I did play this game for a bit when it launched, but then I had to reset my phone and forgot that I didn't back up Another Eden, so I lost my progress.

I decided to pick it up again recently, but it looks like you don't get a free Miyu anymore at the beginning.

So, my question is who should I choose as my free unit: Miyu or Ciel?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I need to pick this up again. I didn't really touch it beyond a few daily logins in the last few weeks. I am at chapter 19 I think.

How much longer would I need to play to beat the main story? I think it ends at chapter 26 or something, but the pure chapter number doesn't really help when one chapter consists of a single cutscene and another one has like 10 sidequests and a dungeon... xD

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So, my question is who should I choose as my free unit: Miyu or Ciel?
They are both solid. Ciel is often favored over Miyu though. His attack power debuff is good, he has an AOE, and he's earth elemental.
Miyu can decrease elemental resistance and has some nice fire AOE.
I need to pick this up again. I didn't really touch it beyond a few daily logins in the last few weeks. I am at chapter 19 I think.
Remind me what happens in chapter 19 and I can give you an estimate. :)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Gariyu coming this week!!!
I'm excited as the bird boss for this update is supposed to be quite difficult.
Also that means Yuna will be introduced on the banner. She's a fantastic, top tier support character.
Really looking forward to this!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have 2 10 pulls saved so I'll be hoping to get Yuna, I guess.

I'm at chapter 15 now, but probably not progressing for a bit. I just did a toooon of quests including a lot of character quests. Been trying to stay on top of running Industrial Ruins (Hard) each day in the hopes of getting Amy more light even if I've only gotten a couple so far; I'm very overleveled now so it's fast at least. I just wish she really would get a few more light... I think it's 2 more and I can bring in any of the other 1 light story characters to get that exp, and 1 more after that for bringing shadow units, otherwise I don't hit 24 light if I switch those in. I don't have enough shadow to get even close to 24 points, which is a bit frustrating.

I'll probably switch to doing Labyrinth soon, though, and with Diedre in the party I'll have <24 anyway and can use that as an excuse to level others, I guess.

Meanwhile I keep getting tomes that are absolutely useless because if I have the character they're for, they're already 4*, or else I don't have them. Got two of the same worthless one in the same run the other night, even.

though I did luck out last night

MkyGR5q.png

4YohgqY.png

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Did the paid pull and got 4.5* Yuna and 5* Toova! Then a normal 10-pull got me a fully 5* Laclair which is exactly the edge I needed to be able to finish off Azami's final form so i can move on to the Gariyu event. :)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did 2 10s, almost certainly will do one more once I earn the chronos.

Getting Anabel, my first full 5*, right as I'm starting Labyrinth was perfect timing; unsure about any of the other results but having someone with 16 light (and now Ciel is 9 light too) lets me still get 2 AD rewards while leveling shadow characters, so I'm thankful for that regardless.

And... I feel weird about probably buying the paid 5* when I'm already spending $30 on Dragalia in the next few days. I can afford it without issue, but I really don't love gacha pricing and DL basically becoming a $10/month subscription is already iffy for me. But at least there it's for daily pulls, so a "subscription model" makes sense for me. A single 10 pull with a guaranteed 5*, is bordering... well, just paying for a 10 pull. Which is a line I don't want to cross for various reasons.

But... I feel like I'm probably not keeping up with this long term (I absolutely prioritize DL, and I feel like as soon as I start doing VH this is gonna feel like too much of a time commitment), or at least will eventually mainly only do story, which weirdly makes it feel more appealing? Because it's definitely a very direct benefit to have a 5* - especially as the ones I do have are 4.5s except for Anabel - for the time I do keep up with this. Or at least that's how I'm probably gonna justify it, hah.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
To celebrate the Japanese 2nd anniversary, global is getting 1000 stones today and 100 per day for the next 10 days.
That's two free ten pulls!!!

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized today that the normal 10 character pull guarantees at least 1 4* character. Guess I should have been saving my stones for later.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did splurge for the paid 5*, and used the 1k we got for free as well.

...it actually sorta feels bad to get 4*s of the same characters I literally only just got as 3*s, hah. They weren't even the ones that are slightly rated up, and I kinda want some use out of these tomes, dang it. But certainly better than more 3* junk, I guess? Which hurt badly here, especially on the paid one... since pulling is much rarer in this game, it's annoying to see units I'll literally never use, especially as you're opening the door one by one...

Laclair is certainly welcome, though, and I guess I now have full bonuses for Labyrinth thanks to Nero. And I think I've suddenly become better covered for various elements/situations too. Just need to figure out and memorize who I need to be using for different things, as I suddenly have a bigger pool of characters to consider...

Anyway, I do have 810 stones left, so I'll get at least 1 more shot in for Yuna in the next few days, then start saving for whatever. And, meanwhile, thanks to Labyrinth rewards I can go promote Aldo...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if now is a good time to re-roll, with the free 1000 stones. I still lack Mariel, so I could aim for Yuna...

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it was mentioned in the patch notes but the badge exchange in Nilva is available now.

It's in the house directly behind the inn.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Labyrinth points are sorta ridiculous now with full bonuses. Hard gives me >20k points and Very Hard is >40k. I'll probably be doing VH runs very casually, not caring about being under the cap still, since they do take extra time. But... I could always just race for the boss to benefit from the keys, since it's only points for everything. Guess I'll be moving on to the IDA side story sooner rather than later, in any case.

Meanwhile, been trying out Man-Eating Marsh with Hard keys finally, because I'm gonna need better weapons for everyone to help with that (on that note, kinda sucks that 3 Labyrinth bonus characters are using swords...). Definitely not quite as fast as Ruins but still pretty easy, so I'll use my Hard keys on that for at least a few days I guess?

Also gonna have to keep better track of materials for those, as well as all these new character quests to see what I can do. I don't want this to become overwhelming, and making lists actually turns these things into a more structured and satisfying thing to accomplish? I feel like I've went sorta hard on caring about this game in the past week or so after barely playing at all for so long, though, so part of that planning will be pacing out doing those things better. It'll be nice to find a sort of rhythm for this, hmm.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Three 5*. Wow, congrats.

Using the 1,000 stones gift, I re-rolled a bit. I managed an account with a 5* Mariel, but sadly no 4* that is 5* capable. The Mariel is already 5* at least (since I've read evolving a 4* to 5* is a hellish process), and I did get 4* Miyu out of it (since she's not gifted anymore, I chose Ciel as my 4* in the tutorial). I'll probably just go ahead with this, as trying to pull Mariel as a 5* along with something else is just a headache. So much dialogue/cut-scenes to skip through...

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Three 5*. Wow, congrats.

Using the 1,000 stones gift, I re-rolled a bit. I managed an account with a 5* Mariel, but sadly no 4* that is 5* capable. The Mariel is already 5* at least (since I've read evolving a 4* to 5* is a hellish process), and I did get 4* Miyu out of it (since she's not gifted anymore, I chose Ciel as my 4* in the tutorial). I'll probably just go ahead with this, as trying to pull Mariel as a 5* along with something else is just a headache. So much dialogue/cut-scenes to skip through...
You'll be set to clear the game at least. Post game grinding you're gonna want to hope for an AOE sweeper though, but Mariel will be able to heal you through anything you can throw at her. Mine is only 4* and she's a mainstay in any party of mine.