• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You'll be set to clear the game at least. Post game grinding you're gonna want to hope for an AOE sweeper though, but Mariel will be able to heal you through anything you can throw at her. Mine is only 4* and she's a mainstay in any party of mine.
Yeah, that's more-or-less what I read. Hopefully by then I'll have another natural 5*, but considering this account already has more solid characters than my launch one (I spent every crystal I grinded, and only managed one 5* character and even she came at 5*), I think it was worth re-rolling. I wasn't in very far anyway, since I stopped playing for a while and just did daily logins.

I will miss the healing robot-bot, though.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from healer, is it important to make sure you have one high leveled party member of each element to get through the game? I have a party like that, but I'm starting to think just stacking 5*s of any kind is the best way to go.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from healer, is it important to make sure you have one high leveled party member of each element to get through the game? I have a party like that, but I'm starting to think just stacking 5*s of any kind is the best way to go.
It's always a good idea to level a variety of characters to tackle a variety of challenges.
5* characters without a type advantage are still great but if they are at a disadvantage they're quite bad.
So if you're grinding a difficult dungeon or trying to clear chance encounter events you need to have a fully on element team, or as close as possible.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm trying to get the master fencer tome, should I be farming hard industrial ruins / miglance Castle or should I stick with tower of the stars for the experience so I can level other characters at the same time?

I got Toova and I'm working on getting her to level 80 as well as trying to get some tomes to get 4 * characters to finish Azami. Tower of the stars seems to hit all of these, but the chance of getting the tomes I want probably drops significantly?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm trying to get the master fencer tome, should I be farming hard industrial ruins / miglance Castle or should I stick with tower of the stars for the experience so I can level other characters at the same time?

I got Toova and I'm working on getting her to level 80 as well as trying to get some tomes to get 4 * characters to finish Azami. Tower of the stars seems to hit all of these, but the chance of getting the tomes I want probably drops significantly?

It's hard for me to answer this as I still haven't done, like, past chapter 15 but have been farming AD a decent amount so I'm very overleveled (40s and 50s) without having access to everything. (Actually, it's a bad situation, I spoiled myself for something I wish I hadn't seen when I could have steamrolled through the story already.)

But I think the way tome drops work is that the chance of getting one is split across all the types, so the AD with the lowest number of different times that includes the one you want would be best? Which, unless I miscounted, would be Miglance or Xeno-Domain (tied with 10 types) with Ruins (11) only being slightly worse? Which I guess also means at Stars you have like half the chances of any given tome drop being Master Fencer compared to the other dungeons.

I feel like getting the tome over with and then farming exp after may be ideal. But then again, since it's all luck, maybe dealing with half as good luck but with an actual benefit to running it so much wins out?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Don't grind Stars for tomes. Stars is for decent EXP and the exclusive equipment basically.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'll just do hard miglance to try and get the tomes then, won't be getting much XP with that though unfortunately.

What exclusive equipment are you talking about?

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I finally completed Dierdre's quests and that hit me like a gut punch. To be honest I found the main story and a lot of the side quests a bit trite, so this was completely out of left field.

Given my luck I'll never get Anabel's side of the story, but at least there are videos of that out there.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with Gariyu's encounters, forgot each one is time gated for events like this.

Finally got around to recruiting Azami a few days ago too.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing less (basically full VH keys forever) but advanced to H Castle and can easily clear it; even have at least one of every equip from it. So should probably start running VH Labyrinth again now that it'll go faster and I can bring everyone without needing both of Toova+Mariel. Actually, I think I forgot to mention it, but I missed that I didn't have one of the bonus characters... but then I got 3* and then later 4* Soira in my next 2 10s, so I do have the full multiplier for the first episode now and it is truly ridiculous. So I should wrap that up very fast and move on to IDA.

...also I really do need to fricking advance the story already now that I'm 10-20 levels above what I last played, which was chapter 14? whoops... I don't want to be spoiled more than that thing I saw... still annoyed about how I was foolish enough to see that

But first I need to finish up all these new character quests... Done almost everyone's first, since they're generous enough to usually have like 4 or 5 end on the same map, and there's less second ones I can do due to levels or rarity/chapter gating. So that'll be a good time to advance while H runs level some characters.

I finally completed Dierdre's quests and that hit me like a gut punch. To be honest I found the main story and a lot of the side quests a bit trite, so this was completely out of left field.

Given my luck I'll never get Anabel's side of the story, but at least there are videos of that out there.

I was much more thankful that I got her after that... I also really enjoyed that side story, so it'll be nice to be able to see that conclusion in-game. But, yeah, at least people have recorded it.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Been running industrial ruins vh and miglance Castle hard last couple days trying to get nikeh 4* tome, got 4 sword master tomes. Also ended up getting Azami sun tome, which is ironic cause I'm trying to get nikeh tome to finish fighting Azami......... The farming continues.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...I really underestimated how much those Castle H equipments improved my damage, even with seeing the numbers shoot up on characters; I should have realized I was fine once I was casually doing Castle to begin with, but since I'd been playing less I didn't think it though. Doing more VH Labyrinth today, and Toova + Miyu's AOES just easily kill all enemy groups, and then the boss simply needs a half AF bar (to the point that I should probably kill more enemies solely to have it at that point at the start of the fight) to be horribly overkilled.

Rushing through VH, not touching any chests or stopping to fight extra enemies, gets me a beautiful 37k points. So I'll be done that uhhhh tomorrow; it's gonna be a real downer when I'm switching to these other episodes where I only have 2 4*s, though at least Sevyn element apparently fits IDA's dungeon even if Foran's doesn't. Guess I should play a decent amount tonight, and do some story + start IDA to be ready for switching to that. And next week I expect to spend some time with the rest of the story, since I'll be traveling, hmm.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to give this game a go, having a decent time. Do the limited Encounter characters get added to the permanent pool?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give this game a go, having a decent time. Do the limited Encounter characters get added to the permanent pool?

Nice to see you in here too, haha.

Depends by what you mean by Encounter. If you're talking about the banners, you can see that Yuna and the other new characters from the most recent banner (Gariyu) are already now in the regular permanent pool as is. "Limited" banners just mean the banners don't stay around forever, and you can see that there's some mutually exclusive characters in the current ones, with different things rated up as well, so you should pick between them based on who you want.

In this case, Yuna is very highly recommended by people, so Gariyu is probably best until you get her. Since pulling can be much rarer than other games, my perception so far is that you really do want to be only aiming for specific characters like this if possible. (Meanwhile, Gariyu himself is actually a Chance Encounter gained for free from beating some very hard fights.)

The only things that aren't permanent in this game are the banners themselves as I described; some of the banners will even stay available to you if you don't update the game (I think this Gariyu one might be the start of the end of this ability though). I'm actually not sure if we get limited character banners at some point, but we have not so far.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...oh. I really did not realize quite how many points Horrors in the VH Labyrinth gave, wow. Killed one with full bonuses on a whim, and got a whopping 57k points.

so just racing through and only stopping to do that got me uhhhh 95,276 points in that last run alone, so I guess I'm now completely finished with the first Episode and should quickly try to actually get access to IDA VH in the next day or so

definitely going to hurt running these other ones with barely any bonuses, hah

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So erm, decided to spend the dosh for the guaranteed 5* because I've definitely spent more for less on games I've put less time into than this one, and got Yuna. I decided to do some tenpulls since I've banked like 3800 free stones from the promotion and going through the game (haven't pulled at all until now), then hit Mariel on the second tenpull. I guess I'm all set pulling-wise...?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So erm, decided to spend the dosh for the guaranteed 5* because I've definitely spent more for less on games I've put less time into than this one, and got Yuna. I decided to do some tenpulls since I've banked like 3800 free stones from the promotion and going through the game (haven't pulled at all until now), then hit Mariel on the second tenpull. I guess I'm all set pulling-wise...?
You'll definitely be able to beat the story of the game without hurting for a healer. :)
You'll need specialized elemental characters for event bosses though and a sweeper or two for post game grinding but those can come later.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Those are basically the two characters that are considered extremely worth pulling for that we have currently, so you are pretty much set to begin with, hah. This basically has you extremely covered for healing and support; it's covering elements well that you'll want from there, and so on.

The third character I know is considered similarly amazing is Suzette's Another Style, but that's probably not coming for ~4 months or something, IIRC. And obviously you'll need more than just those 2 pulls, so it's not like you should entirely save, but that's what to specifically save for if you want to, I guess.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to spend on the guaranteed 5*. Got Toova upgraded from 4* to 5*. I was hoping for Anabel or Suzette but oh well. I really need a good Wind or Water character.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My only full 5*s are water (Anabel and Laclair) so I'm a bit the opposite on that one.

Regarding 4.5s... 4* Toova's great for Earth so far, and 4* Mariel is obviously still pretty good in general. 4* Suzette... well, I haven't had to use her much so far, as I haven't had time to try VH Saki's yet (which she seems like she'll help with) and but she seems only decent- mainly single target until she's 5*? I feel like I'm lacking Wind the most still.

Actually, on that note, I just got 4* Mighty and he's kinda frustrating? He has a very good fire res skill at least, but it seems like 5* immediately takes him from only having an S AOE skill to an XL AOE skill? So that's cruel... at least Laclair's L one is decent for now.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Nero's Monk Tome wasn't dropping at all so everybody is getting 5 of both key colors and a free Monk Tome.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I foolishly opened the gift thinking it might be nice and save them.

Now I have 14 green and 10 red and won't have time/the inclination to drain them for a day or two (especially as VH is still just trying to get Diedre some shadow, or else score for Ida which will take some actual time/strategy currently), so I'm wasting even more...

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the master fencer tome for Nikeh, now i just need the tome for Glenn and i can work on finishing Azami.........

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
My only full 5*s are water (Anabel and Laclair) so I'm a bit the opposite on that one.

Regarding 4.5s... 4* Toova's great for Earth so far, and 4* Mariel is obviously still pretty good in general. 4* Suzette... well, I haven't had to use her much so far, as I haven't had time to try VH Saki's yet (which she seems like she'll help with) and but she seems only decent- mainly single target until she's 5*? I feel like I'm lacking Wind the most still.

Actually, on that note, I just got 4* Mighty and he's kinda frustrating? He has a very good fire res skill at least, but it seems like 5* immediately takes him from only having an S AOE skill to an XL AOE skill? So that's cruel... at least Laclair's L one is decent for now.

Yeah, I used to think it was better to just have very good single enemy DPS, but Toova's AOE has been the MVP for me when grinding.

On another note, I completed Lokido's and Toova's level 50 quests. Both were quite moving.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Did the guaranteed 5* pull and got Laclair from it.

So now i have 5* Toova and Laclair
4.5* Lokido, Shion, Isuka and Anabel

I guess now I can use Anabel, Shion, Laclair, Nikeh to finish the Azami encounter?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Did the guaranteed 5* pull and got Laclair from it.

So now i have 5* Toova and Laclair
4.5* Lokido, Shion, Isuka and Anabel

I guess now I can use Anabel, Shion, Laclair, Nikeh to finish the Azami encounter?
imo ditch Shion and sub in Cyrus when you get him to 4*. with Nikeh's water resistance debuff you'll want a full water team, so Shion will be the odd man out. With Laclair and Cyrus' multi hit water attacks you should be more than golden to have a long AF to safely take down Azami. For reserves toss in a healer or two just in case.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming i ever get the tome for his 4*..... i also have Mariel 4.5*, but she doesn't heal as much as Pom does, so i usually just use Pom for healing.

It'll take time to level Laclair up anyway, so we'll see if i get the tome while doing Volcano (VH) and Man-Eating Marsh (H) for the tome and exp

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming i ever get the tome for his 4*..... i also have Mariel 4.5*, but she doesn't heal as much as Pom does, so i usually just use Pom for healing.
Oh, I used Mariel 4.5 for my healer in the match. She did great but with the right attackers you shouldn't need to heal more than once just to be cautious and ensure your attackers make it to the AF barrage

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Got Azami and 5* her. Now I have Toova, Laclair and Azami, how much of the VH dungeons do you guys think I can do with these 3 once I get them all maxed level?

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Well, i can complete Moonlight Forest, Industrial Ruins and Nadara Volcano VH (Toova makes most things super easy with her XL AOE).

Used Laclair, Nikeh, Annnabelle, Cyrus, Pom and random character to beat Azami. A lot of swapping Cyrus and Pom(between heals) in and out to keep the def+ and atk- VC up until I got my AF bar to full and using the rage attack on Annabelle (Knights Pride?), then used all the water attackers in the AF.

Took like 5-6 attempts where I had her at like 5% before she wiped me out but it worked out.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I take back what I said about being disappointed my paid guaranteed pull only upgraded Toova to 5*. Her AOE is the best thing to use against 99% of trash mobs in the post game.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the next update brings an Isuka focused banner.
The following update will have fishing. Supposed to be around May 8.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
What did everyone else do for the Adamantine Weapon? I'm thinking maybe get a bow for Laclair as the current options don't seem to scale as well as the Swords and Katana's

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
What did everyone else do for the Adamantine Weapon? I'm thinking maybe get a bow for Laclair as the current options don't seem to scale as well as the Swords and Katana's

I went sword but I had done that way before I got Laclair
If I could change it I would've picked bow.
The adamantine weapons also get upgraded in the future.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Bow is often called the best choice just cause it doesn't have better options while other weapon types have decent alternatives.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
New content! Was getting a bit concerned with the rehashed banners for the past few weeks. Really like the vibe from this new episode as well.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
What do you guys do between Another Dungeon refreshes? I'm starting to do character quests, but i'm not sure if there's anything else to do after that? Leveling outside of ADs seems inefficient........

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Another Dungeon farming for scripts/tomes/mats, character quests, and world bosses like Azami and Ganryu are really all there is outside of the event dungeons that you can farm for milestone rewards. It's pretty repetitive and I lost my drive to keep doing after about a week of running Volcano on VH. Hopefully this upcoming fishing minigame is enjoyable enough to give folks something to do once they're finished with the new story content.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do between Another Dungeon refreshes? I'm starting to do character quests, but i'm not sure if there's anything else to do after that? Leveling outside of ADs seems inefficient........
New update will have fishing, which you can do when done with whatever else.

It's crazy grindy though.
I don't know if they'll have the QoL features we have in JP version, or they'll release as it was originally.

BTW, in JP last update they finally released an AD for leveling purposes. Crazy experience gain per kill.
Complete joke to level now.

havokex

Oct 26, 2017
Leveling is just a pain right now, so I'm really only doing it while farming VH dungeons. I can do up to Miglance right now, although I haven't tried further than that since I want to get the tier 2 level 60 weapons first .