• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Now... I'm just not sure if i should give into more temptation and do a 10 for Mariel's banner. I have her as a 4* and am willing to use chants on her, but it'll be a while before I'll even try doing VH Riftbreaker for her tome and it'd probably be helpful to have her as a 5* before then. Getting dupes of the 4* healers I probably won't ever use beyond specific fights is scaring me away, though, and I could always stand to actually save up...
I'd say wait. You'll be set for everything besides the final Gariyu bird fight, Leviathan, and Otherlands VH with her at 4.5. Maybe you'd be lucky and pull her on an upcoming banner anyway!

Also congrats on taking down Azami!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wooo Cerrine encounter tomorrow and new banner, plus the return of the guaranteed 5* banner for paid gems.

Also the game is spreading to more countries so for prereg and likes worldwide will be getting two 10-pull tickets and stones for Miyu and "Woodcutter" who I don't know who that is off the top of my head. Just gotta hit that 200k goal which should be easy.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
lmao

jvXPnDw.png

guess I'm getting 5* Azami sooner than expected

also the bonus campaign stuff is nice but a little w/e; at least Miyu getting +4 light will be helpful, I can hit 96 light on an ok team after that so that'll be good for H keys... sorta wish I'd dumped some of my VH keys into Sheila instead of entirely Jade when I was stuck on the emulator and not finishing the story, but it was faster for me and at least he hit 25 shadow (as seen above) so that'll help someday, maybe

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Did the paid pull and got 5* Nagi (!!!!!) and another 5* Mariel so she's at 36 Light now.
All around well worth it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
As always, I only summon with my cat on my lap for good luck.

...she happily dug her claws into my lap for the 5-10 minutes I waited for the game to update, then left right as I opened it. So I'll be doing mine tomorrow evening, haha.

(actually, it was bizarre - it downloaded, wouldn't let me open the app while it installed, and then... it wasn't actually updated because the fateful encounter wasn't in the shop? I was afraid it was one time ever and I'd played myself out of $24, but then I opened the app store again and the update button was still there... tapped that, it loaded for a few seconds, and then it was immediately actually updated?? 0 idea what happened there but sure, whatever)

EDIT:

well, cat came by again so

this... kinda sucks? like now having 36 light on one character certainly isn't the worst thing, but it's frustrating to be stuck with only 2 full 5*s still and both in the same element with one (Anabel) having a more limited use, and I hate just getting all these 3*s one by one with absolutely 0 benefit, this sure isn't the first time literally everything was junk but the guaranteed either

I've spent enough time with it lately and enjoyed the story/episodes enough that I'm more or less fine having spent another $24 on it, but as always I'd so much rather it be like Dragalia where I can either get daily pulls for a month for less than half this price, or similarly pick a 5* for even less than this... so I should probably keep myself from doing it again as long as my luck in this game remains something I might regret, I guess, because I already didn't love the idea of basically paying for a 10 pull for exactly this possibility

...I remember last time being lackluster too but it helped that I finally got a natural 5* immediately after as well and so I think I blocked that out, hmm

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Cerrine is an interesting fight so far, though I've only beaten her twice.
REALLY wish I had Suzette since my Wind team is so weak. Basically only Azami and Sevyn are leveled.
When I get Cerrine finally I'll have a monster Earth team between her, Ciel, Toova, Deirdre, and Nagi.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Woodcutter gem we'll get with the new country spread prereg will be for Benedict.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to beat Cerrine and Flame Eater 3 times each in the past day (going between them each time I did it) but I think that's my limit for the time being. Not like I applied much strategy, but just going by the numbers I don't think I can deal or withstand enough damage currently, even with buffs + debuffs involved.

Cerrine I think may be doable pretty soon, since I don't even have proper level 60 gear yet and there's some vaguely neglected 3.5/4s I can bring into the mix (I'd upgraded Akane, but missed that I'd gotten her 2x L already so I didn't use her this time). And Azami still has some leveling to do + I gotta go do quests for her debuff. I've looked at what her full fight is and I think I can handle it with who I have now once that's all dealt with. Running Azami/Akane/Amy/Aldo/Jade/someone else, not sure yet.

But that bird and his friends... I just dunno if I have access to strong enough AOE skills, which is frustrating. That may similarly be an issue of dipping into neglected 3.5s/4s for another L skill or two, but I dunno if that'd be enough either or if they'd be good enough otherwise. Laclair only has M AOE even if it is water + pierce, same for Sheila, Suzette 4.5 thankfully has L pierce AOE w/ poison but no element, and Mighty 4.5 only has S...

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyy the social media milestones were hit so everybody will be getting two 10-pull tickets as well as free Miyu and Benedict!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! 4 more light on Miyu is somewhat helpful and free pulls are always appreciated. I'm guessing it's its own banner and not something we can save, right? That's not ideal, but it's fine enough.

Meanwhile, my tome luck has been surprisingly good. Very quickly got Gariyu's on Volcano so soon after I went back to running Ruins with VH keys. Wasn't quite as fast, but I did eventually get Cerrine's tome. I keep getting multiple of the same tomes in more or less a row, too... with Gariyu's I also got Laclair's (though this is useless for me) and then got hers again the next run; before I got Cerrine's I somehow got 3 of Mighty's with I think only a small gap before the 3rd.

Then in the past couple days I managed to finish getting Cerrine, so now I'm out of chants but I just need to level her and I can hopefully take on VH Marsh. And with Amy suddenly getting several light in a row, I finally can hit 120 light (I was expecting it to not happen till that free Miyu) so I can try to farm power badges from Volcano. Thankfully that light mostly comes from water characters (and, well, Laclair's AOE alone destroys most of the random fights), so it's extremely easy to run. I've also been trying VH Castle, but it's not smooth just yet... I think Cerrine will help a lot there too, given the lack of resistances. So I guess I'm mainly back to Volcano and hoping for those power badges for a bit; so far I've just gotten a couple END badges with the lowest main stat possible (16, with 30 as the highest) so that's unfortunate, hah.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyy the first part of the rewards went out today with the Otherlands Ratle update.
The 10-pull ticket is on its own banner but I can't see when it expires anywhere. The second ticket will be sent out in three weeks so at least that long.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I've been logging in just to collect the daily rewards since the fishing update, but I'm very happy to have pulled both a 4* Lokido and a 5* Shanie with my ticket. The hoarding for AS Suzette continues!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
hmm

more light on Miyu is actually decent in this case, even if she's maybe not the best character to now have my second highest light at 24; if I go back to Ruins and get Any just one more light, I can swap in Cerrine to that 120+ light Volcano farm team and start leveling her much faster

meanwhile Ruina might be the better of the two new ones if I upgrade her, cause as much as I really enjoyed Nagi's part of that episode story, at 4.5 she seems to have... an earth M slash? and that's it? so I don't think she's getting in a party anytime soon, unless I'm missing something

the whole "5*s get XL on the 5* board, but may not have better than M or even just S as 4*s" thing continues to be aggravating

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I deleted my old file so I could redownload it via the playstore. If I change regions to EU, can I still use my old save or would I have to start a new one? I am currently still downloading, so I can't test it at the moment myself.

Edit:
Download finished. Of course I forgot to write down my old player ID. And facebook currently doesn't work, I only get an error message. D:

Edit 2:
Welp, guess I start a new file then. At least I can skip the dialogue until chapter 19.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, Ratle Otherlands is super handy. I can quickly burn my keys to grind up characters instead of spending my more valuable VHs on it. It's based on Nadara Volcano so Mighty just slays everything in one attack.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, it's based on Volcano?

When I glanced at Reddit recently I saw people saying Baruoki was actually the hardest of them and it was easier/more varied, at least. But it still felt very far away, I guess since they were talking about VH.

Since I'm already still doing Volcano to level and farm power badges (fiiiinally got a few good ones, and got a 22 earlier and sorta only noticed because I got a new 4* tome too, lol) anyway, I might as well take some version of that team to the first H Ratle and see how it goes.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, it's based on Volcano?

When I glanced at Reddit recently I saw people saying Baruoki was actually the hardest of them and it was easier/more varied, at least. But it still felt very far away, I guess since they were talking about VH.

Since I'm already still doing Volcano to level and farm power badges (fiiiinally got a few good ones, and got a 22 earlier and sorta only noticed because I got a new 4* tome too, lol) anyway, I might as well take some version of that team to the first H Ratle and see how it goes.
You'll be golden in H Ratle. I only tried VH Baruoki once and got my ass handed to me so it's definitely not a challenge I'm ready to face yet.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, 2 Chant Script drops running Industrial Ruins VH today. My real goal was tomes for Cerrine and Ruina while getting Light for Amy on the side but hey, I'll take two Chants lol.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Next big update is Prequel to Ogre then the REAL juicy stuff comes in.
Aldo 5* and AS Suzette immediately after, followed by Miyu's 5* update, THEN Mighty's AS the update after that.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So close...

I've never even gotten to room 4 before, so to get to 5 was a surprise. I didn't expect anything but... so close... and I forgot that there even was a 5th room before the one with the chants for a second, which made it even worse...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, congrats!!

I got to the room before it again - still haven't gotten to room 4 without also getting there - but lost. One day...

also, I've suddenly made a ton of progress with ADs in the past week alone; too lazy/tired to post about it now, but will tomorrow I guess

and then there's mining

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
One of the better side-story is coming out in a few hours.

This is one of the most enjoyable updates before the big upcoming story Arc 2.
+second free 10 pull ticket from the worldwide launch celebration

If you're thinking of playing, this is probably one of the best times since you'll start with 2x10 gacha pulls (good for rerolls).
(until July 31st)

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
This episode is fantastic. It's the most fun I've had with Another Eden so far. I love the town building aspect of it. Reminds me of Harvest moon.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This episode is fantastic. It's the most fun I've had with Another Eden so far. I love the town building aspect of it. Reminds me of Harvest moon.
Yeah, I'm LOVING it. It's exactly the kind of grind I like with noticeable progress being made each time I sit down and do it. Doesn't hurt that it's a solid source of Chronos Stones currently just before AS Suzette comes. :)

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the Mining Town episode.

I thought there were two really well-done story arcs - one with Sylvia and Terry, and the other with Grace and Hilda. I think the latter one actually made me more emotional, though the former one is what most people are talking about.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Did 50 pulls on the AS Suzette banner and 10 on the selection banner.
Rovella, Akane, Komachi, and Lovinia new.
Chose Suzette. I'll see if I can't grind out her AS for free I guess.
Also my Soira finally got upgraded to 4*. I'd been grinding for her Tome for a while.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Dropped 31 pulls on the AS Suzette. No AS Suzette, but I think I got pretty lucky this time and got normal Suzette and 4.5* Ewan and Nagi as consolation. I'll think I'll wait until the end of next month to do the paid pull with the selection banner. All the new content should make it possible for me to do 2 more pulls before then.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did six ten-pulls, no 4.5 out of it but I did get a 5* Lokido and Yuna. I really wanted Suzette though. :/

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to post about my progress for a while and it's just building up. Let's quickly do that here, then...

• Cerrine leveled enough that I went from doing Volcano VH forever to actually doing more of them. Rapidly moved through the rest of them after that. Took a couple days to realize I could get 2 rewards on Rift due to the weaknesses listed for the dungeon as a whole on the wiki being deceptive for most mobs, so I did not really need that much wind/earth, oops. Relied a lot on Azami and Cerrine's 12 MP stun skills for Rift, which I thankfully discovered immediately.
  • Fought level 70 bird (fourth fight). Really intense; I did not plan post first AF and some buffs failed to land so he survived more than expected. So I took detailed notes of every turn in case I had to repeat it, but thankfully I won.
  • Continued running later VH dungeons. Eventually got all weapons + armor completed! And a decent number of tomes too. No chants though.
  • Tried level 80 bird after a couple weeks. Spent hours and hours one night trying, thinking through my plan, taking detailed notes each time, making new steps. My level 70 notes were a good basis. My best run was so close, but a minion woke up too early and I was fucked. Have not tried again yet. It is absolutely the most I've ever thought through a fight in an RPG, and I appreciate the mental exercise, but... it is a struggle that I feel would have been fixed by having more 5*s.
  • Started running Ratle 1 VH so I could get the basic weapons and get closer to success on bird. It was a struggle at first and I could not kill the flower boss with my team, but in the end throwing the only 5*s I had, Laclair + Anabel and the free Cerrine + Azami, was the solution (with 4.5 Shion and 4.5 Mariel too). Done running it now that I have spear/bow/fist though. Too tedious to keep doing, and I don't want to waste time tediously trying Ratle 2 only to be unable to beat a boss.
  • Near the end of that, finally got a chant to drop. And then have had 2 more drop, all in the past week, once back on Rift and then once farming Castle VH for Aldo's light. I'm glad to suddenly have 3 drop so close to each other, but after 2 months without any, it's ominous...
Anyway, that's what I've been up to. Gave into temptation and already did 3 10s, and all I gained in the first two was 3* Chiyo, but that third got me 5* Mariel! Which is a very very welcome gain, as I was probably going to upgrade her before Gariyu, and now I can not waste those chants. I have about 2k left and think I can expect to at least double that this month, with a decent amount of mining left to do and the new story + remaining fishing giving more as well. I'm going to save it till near the end of the banner as (though it is apparently not dropping currently?) I want to see if I can get some AS tomes by then. If so, I'll save it and just promote Suzette.

The selector is tempting too, but I have no idea who I'd get if I do it. I have a decent number of 4.5s, so it's hard to tell if getting someone entirely new is objectively better or not given the rarity of chants. And then there's that doubling down on doing Ratle 2-4 is probably the best idea for me at this point as I don't think a single different 5* opens up Baruoki to me, but that might mean another water 5* which feels a bit questionable? And even then, it may be too tedious to do enough to get those upgrades.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the new trade shop sure will be useful. A free Chant Script each month just for doing the normal grinding? Yes, please!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've had an interesting few weeks with the game. I fiiiinally went all in on fighting the level 80 bird, and after a couple hours more of tense strategy... 30 turns into my last attempt, victory!! I do feel those basic Ratle weapons helped clear the mobs, thankfully. It was a little unfortunate to be stuck in the situation I was in with Mariel, though- I couldn't actually make use of her as a 5*, because she has speed nodes on both sides a little into her 5* board and I needed her to keep the same speed for my existing plans to work. Even then she ended up suddenly outspeeding the bird at times, but at least it was mostly ok.

Then I went for Gariyu a couple days after... He wasn't as bad, but the Mariel situation felt even worse; came away definitely feeling like I needed her leveled higher with her L heal so that I could consistently outspeed him and keep everyone alive. But then I decided to do one last try using an approach with Anabel... and that one attempt was another super intense, like, hour of me agonizing forever over every single move, adjusting on the fly to deal with low MP and such? Erina, who I'd put scrolls into so I could bring for support + her VC instead of Azami, died. So did Sheila, unexpectedly. But after nearly 40 turns, even after a second AF failed to kill him, I slowly finished him off!! And now he's been slowly leveling since then. It's very nice to have a 5* mage finally and it was extremely hard fought for...

Beyond that, I enjoyed the main story update a decent amount (though I took a big break before doing the last dungeon- I'd sorta went all the way through it by accident beforehand, not realIing I was in the wrong place...) and found Miyu's story really cute. My main complaint about the latter is just the time gating (looks like Ciel's is only 6 hours between the parts?), but doing a chapter a night was actually kinda pleasant, and in the end I decided it's actually better to still run Riftbreaker so it's not like I actually needed it to be over faster for the AD. Also thought it was kinda jarring how didn't really touch on where Bertrand/Felmina are now, but I'm guessing that's better if you have them.

And, then, well, as of last post I had 3 chants that finally appeared, and that felt ominous? Since then...
A while later, I got a chant from ADs two nights in a row. Then a week or so after that, last Wednesday I think, I went to start dumping some of my 1000 badges to the robot at Nilva, and the second thing I got:

Then got another one while running ADs while waiting in a doctor's office on Friday. And then last night, finally:

...and another one showed up just now. I think this makes 11 in the span of ~3.5 weeks, after 2-3 months with 0? I'm not even sure how to react at this point.

So... I'd meanwhile dumped 4k more free chronos into the Suzette banner and got little to show for it, not even really any useful point increases, but at least my chant luck suddenly got ridiculous. And meanwhile, I finally got a single AS clause of hers to drop, so... 2 more, somehow, and she'll eventually be getting promoted on principle I guess? With mining's remaining chants I can also promote one other unit but I won't be able to say who that'll be till I try for Mighty AS and decide if I wanna do Otherlands... Guessing it'll either be Mighty himself for going all in on water, or Shion to help build up fire with Gariyu+Aldo. There's also Miyu, obviously, but I'm not sure if she's worth the investment of those dungeon runs...? Hmm.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I've had an interesting few weeks with the game. I fiiiinally went all in on fighting the level 80 bird, and after a couple hours more of tense strategy... 30 turns into my last attempt, victory!! I do feel those basic Ratle weapons helped clear the mobs, thankfully. It was a little unfortunate to be stuck in the situation I was in with Mariel, though- I couldn't actually make use of her as a 5*, because she has speed nodes on both sides a little into her 5* board and I needed her to keep the same speed for my existing plans to work. Even then she ended up suddenly outspeeding the bird at times, but at least it was mostly ok.

Then I went for Gariyu a couple days after... He wasn't as bad, but the Mariel situation felt even worse; came away definitely feeling like I needed her leveled higher with her L heal so that I could consistently outspeed him and keep everyone alive. But then I decided to do one last try using an approach with Anabel... and that one attempt was another super intense, like, hour of me agonizing forever over every single move, adjusting on the fly to deal with low MP and such? Erina, who I'd put scrolls into so I could bring for support + her VC instead of Azami, died. So did Sheila, unexpectedly. But after nearly 40 turns, even after a second AF failed to kill him, I slowly finished him off!! And now he's been slowly leveling since then. It's very nice to have a 5* mage finally and it was extremely hard fought for...

Beyond that, I enjoyed the main story update a decent amount (though I took a big break before doing the last dungeon- I'd sorta went all the way through it by accident beforehand, not realIing I was in the wrong place...) and found Miyu's story really cute. My main complaint about the latter is just the time gating (looks like Ciel's is only 6 hours between the parts?), but doing a chapter a night was actually kinda pleasant, and in the end I decided it's actually better to still run Riftbreaker so it's not like I actually needed it to be over faster for the AD. Also thought it was kinda jarring how didn't really touch on where Bertrand/Felmina are now, but I'm guessing that's better if you have them.

And, then, well, as of last post I had 3 chants that finally appeared, and that felt ominous? Since then...
A while later, I got a chant from ADs two nights in a row. Then a week or so after that, last Wednesday I think, I went to start dumping some of my 1000 badges to the robot at Nilva, and the second thing I got:

Then got another one while running ADs while waiting in a doctor's office on Friday. And then last night, finally:

...and another one showed up just now. I think this makes 11 in the span of ~3.5 weeks, after 2-3 months with 0? I'm not even sure how to react at this point.

So... I'd meanwhile dumped 4k more free chronos into the Suzette banner and got little to show for it, not even really any useful point increases, but at least my chant luck suddenly got ridiculous. And meanwhile, I finally got a single AS clause of hers to drop, so... 2 more, somehow, and she'll eventually be getting promoted on principle I guess? With mining's remaining chants I can also promote one other unit but I won't be able to say who that'll be till I try for Mighty AS and decide if I wanna do Otherlands... Guessing it'll either be Mighty himself for going all in on water, or Shion to help build up fire with Gariyu+Aldo. There's also Miyu, obviously, but I'm not sure if she's worth the investment of those dungeon runs...? Hmm.

Congrats! I -STILL- haven't made it to the end of the white gate.

RadicalR

Oct 27, 2017
So I got the guaranteed 5 star encounter item. Why are some of the people's stars blue?

Edit : just realized those are ones I've already met.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As a new player what's the best starting investment if I wanted to throw 20 bucks at the game

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
As a new player what's the best starting investment if I wanted to throw 20 bucks at the game
Wait for a guaranteed summon. They come in two flavors: One is 5* guaranteed in a 10-pull, and the other a 10-pull that also gives you an item to choose a specific 5*.
Rates are so poor otherwise for 5*, especially if you're chasing a specific one, that I've pulled maybe two 5-star characters naturally in 10-pulls and I've been playing daily since launch.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait for a guaranteed summon. They come in two flavors: One is 5* guaranteed in a 10-pull, and the other a 10-pull that also gives you an item to choose a specific 5*.
Rates are so poor otherwise for 5*, especially if you're chasing a specific one, that I've pulled maybe two 5-star characters naturally in 10-pulls and I've been playing daily since launch.
There is a 5* pick up right now who is the best starting investment

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Decided to give this a shot and managed to get a 4* Rosetta which I've read is pretty good. Will see how it goes!

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Since this game released in Germany a few months ago I started a new playhtrough, but stopped at the Oger Rancorem fight in chapter 12. Since a few days ago I've been playing this again. Still only at chapter 14 now (one of those side quests heavy chapters). But hey, I am sure a few of you here will be interested in the new trailer.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017

Since this game released in Germany a few months ago I started a new playhtrough, but stopped at the Oger Rancorem fight in chapter 12. Since a few days ago I've been playing this again. Still only at chapter 14 now (one of those side quests heavy chapters). But hey, I am sure a few of you here will be interested in the new trailer.

Yeah, I finished part 2 yesterday. Very happy with the story. It keeps improving.