• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo_Directshima.gif

Here's betting on January.

Shayla

Oct 27, 2017
Nah it should be early to mid December if there's already a slot. I hope it's a general direct since I need to know Q1 games as I keep spending my money on what's out now instead of saving it. :(

(Getting AA6 & Rhythm Heaven 3DS on sale was great tho. I actually had money when a sale happens. :D)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by this blank space, I am going to predict that we'll see a Nintendo Direct within the next six months.

Oct 31, 2017
Well we don't have a game for January yet (only Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Japan) so if they need a game there they'd need t announce it in December

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah January is a lock IMO. No need for one in Nov/Dec but there's gotta be a lot to announce and January has been a great time for these that they've used before.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Early/Mid Januray is likely as they'll want to lay out their 2018 line up.
It's also the time of year where we get the most announcements from Nintendo.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time we had a December Direct? I remember a general direct in December 2013 when Hyrule Warriors was revealed, but that's it

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
*sighsighsighsigh*

That "empty" spot has been there since the last Direct.

Those "empty spots" don't mean jack sh*t. When will people learn?! They're not trying to keep a round number of links on that page, you know...

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it always just a few weeks from people noticing an empty spot to the direct occuring?

*sighsighsighsigh*

That "empty" spot has been there since the last Direct.

Those "empty spots" don't mean jack sh*t. When will people learn?! They're not trying to keep a round number of links on that page, you know...

Well, guess not.

Oct 31, 2017
Well we don't have a game for January yet (only Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Japan) so if they need a game there they'd need to announce it in December

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
January Direct is a good way to start 2018.

I think it'll have to show up before January. Nintendo has yet to announce the big game of January, so I figure they'll drop that info sooner rather than later. January Direct would be too late, unless they won't have a January game and will start the monthly game rollout in February.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll have to show up before January. Nintendo has yet to announce the big game of January, so I figure they'll drop that info sooner rather than later. January Direct would be too late, unless they won't have a January game and will start the monthly game rollout in February.

There probably won't be a big game in January. The Switch isn't going to have a big first party game every month.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
It might mean nothing, but I think a January direct is happening anyway. I don't know about December, though.

Well, of course there's a Direct happening, either in December or January, or some other sort of event. But the ND page isn't one way to predict them, unless you count looking at a broken clock for when it gives the right time twice a day as valid :P

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Last time a slot owned up, how long was the gap before we got a Direct announcement?

Pre-Chrimbus Direct in December with announcements like Smash 4 port, anything else that might come out in Q1, big Switch OS updates like theme support, etc.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
There probably won't be a big game in January. The Switch isn't going to have a big first party game every month.

They've pretty much done this since the release of the NS. I'll admit that it's possible that they'll take a breather for January, but I don't imagine they'll really relax until the end of their fiscal year, so they'll have a big game even if it's a third party game. If they do a Direct next week or the week after, then they'll have plenty of time to hype it up as they roll into next year.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Means nothing honestly. Nintendo have been steady with directs after going a hiatus since Iwatas death.

A January (or so) date for a Direct is easy to guess.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
Why January? Have i missed the zelda dlc2 direct?
Or would they not have a direct for that?

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
On one hand, it's fair to say that they won't make a Direct before the holidays so they don't take the attention away of the games already released.
On the other hand, they might want to make a Direct before Christmas to incentivate Switch sales with the promises for 2018.
Either way I'm OK. Xeno is coming, fuckers.