• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you remember, a while ago, a Reddit user by the name of DasVergeben made a post claiming to know various info on games like Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, Dragon Ball FighterZ, along with a claim that a new Soul Calibur sequel is in the works. Now, another Reddit user is claiming what he said about Soul Calibur VI is true. Could this be a real game in the works? Only time will tell. Take with a grain of salt just in case, though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...irm_and_deny_some_of_the_leaks_that/?sort=new

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The subreddit has NSFW stuff so don't leave that post. Just a warning to those out there.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I just read the thread title and my first thought was that some insane guy was positing the theory that the Soul Calibur universe existed somewhere as a real-life thing.

Confused for a second there.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I would be legit surprised.

I remember the last time Soul Calibur came to a Nintendo console. *shudders*

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
So, without further, ado, here's the list.

• Sakura, Sagat, Cody and Sodom are indeed part of the SF5:AE Season 3 DLC roster.

• The other two characters he was uncertain about are indeed Roxy and a Shadaloo Doll - specifically, Satsuki.

• C. Viper, Q, Oro and Necro being free updates is only partially true. They're free for anyone who purchased Vanilla SF5, but anyone who buys AE will have to buy them (with real money or FM). Only C. Viper and Oro will be available at the launch of AE, while the others will come later. These characters are considered separate from "Season 3" and can only be purchased individually.

• The only things about Marvel vs Capcom Infinite I can confirm as being true are that the next season of DLC characters will in fact be Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Asura, Lady, Gill and Rashid. I have no idea where he heard any of the other characters, and I can't say for certain that they aren't true, but I haven't heard anything about any of that myself.

• 4 player 2vs2 matches in MvCI is definitely coming.

• His Dragon Ball Fighterz sources are either trolling him or just have no idea what they're talking about. I've seen so much disinformation about the roster of this game that it's not even funny. The rest of the default roster is Gotenks, Roshi, Mystic Gohan, Kid Buu, Raditz and Android 21 (including her since no gameplay as been shown of her and some people question if she's playable or not - she is). The 8 DLC characters will be released over 16 months, two months in between each character, the first being available at launch.

• "Regular Goku" and "Regular Vegeta" are not true, but I think that probably it's more like his source had no idea what they were looking at. In reality, there IS another Goku and Vegeta, but they're Ultra Instinct versions of them, not regular.

• Bardock isn't true. His source is full of shit. "Goku Black" is only half true - it's actually Zamasu and Goku Black is his assist character.

• The 8 DLC characters actually are Goku (Ultra Instict), Vegeta (Ultra Instinct), Broly, Zamasu (with Goku Black), Beerus, Hit, Kefla and Jiren (with Pride Troopers). I don't know what order they'll be released in, except that Goku UI is the first one.

• Soul Calibur VI is true. Everything he said about it is correct as far as I'm aware.

• One thing I'd also like to mention while I'm here that he didn't touch upon is the future of Guilty Gear Xrd. Rev2 will be getting one more new DLC character - Bridget. After this, we'll be seeing Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Rev3 (which you of course will have to pay for), most likely in late 2018 , which will have 3 new characters available at it's launch - Zappa, Robo Ky and Dr. Paradigm. As for the future after that, I'm not entirely certain but I'm hearing rumors of playable Justice as a DLC character for Rev3, but that bit I can't actually confirm for certain.
And I think that's about all I've got. Sure hope I'm not forgetting anything important lol

There we go

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I honestly don't know what to say about these leaks.
The SF5 info is just plain weird
At least 10 characters to be added starting from 2018? That's just too difficult for me to take in.
Capcom need to just put Haggar into SF5 already though.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Everything what happened after Soul Calibur II was only solid (III) to mediocre (IV) to lackluster (V). I always hoped for a comeback of the franchise, but then again, Namco doesen't know how to design a great beat em' up anymore. What once was free in Soul Calibur will most likely be a paid DLC or microtransactions in a new game. If they have to announce something, they will most likely publish the game in the arcades first. Bamco knows how this genre suffered the past years and with Tekken 7, they've gone the most safest route they can get. Releasing Soul Calibur VI in the arcades and then port it 2 years later to Consoles and PC. Even if they announce something, I don't expect anything here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
No Bardock???

Reconsidering my purchase of FighterZ now.

I swear if Soul Calibur VI doesn't happen, I will rage.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the game would return to its "simple" roots like SCI and II. Hate all the flashy armors, fanservice and crappy game mechanics that came after SCIII

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
"Satsuki"

Lame. Santamu pls. Also where's Azam? He's such an egregious omission. Anyway, the fact he's repeating the Q/Oro/Necro/C. Viper stuff convinces me he's just bulling about SFV. It's a lie "leakers" are pushing in the hopes that people will start to believe it through repetition.

Also yay SC6. Rumors or no, I don't doubt SC6 is real and we'll see it announced within two years time.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical about all of this guy's sources too. Specifically, Beerus and Hit are seemingly leaked for Dragonball Fighterz and that is in direct conflict with his info.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
The FighterZ one sounds like BS. No way ultra instinct goku is the first DLC. Weren't Hit and Beerus also seen in the arcade mode portraits?

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the game would return to its "simple" roots like SCI and II. Hate all the flashy armors, fanservice and crappy game mechanics that came after SCIII
To be fair, SCV had the most "grounded" designs since SCII.
And SCII was already quite fanservicey.

*Opens "character art gallery"*

Good lord

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
dancing-warriors-mom.gif

*getting ready for that sweet sweet SC6 announcement on PSX*

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still calling BS on Soul Calibur 6 skipping XBO but/and releasing on Switch. I'm not sure how you can even think that considering Bandai Namco's recent strategy.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, recent Namco has taught me to never have hope that anything good will happen. Not having hope means no disappointment, and if something like this does happen, I can be pleasantly surprised!

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Bah, all I want to know about is DMC5. Is it real!? Is it ever happening!? Is it still "progressing smoothly"!? I must know!!!

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
Only when I see the announcement.

I don't really care about guest characters so do whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.