• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Link

A scientist plunged a kitchen knife into his colleague as he was fed up with the man telling him the endings of books, say investigators.

Sergey Savitsky, 55, and Oleg Beloguzov, 52, would pass the lonely hours during four harsh years together in a remote outpost in Antarctica by reading.

However Savitsky became angry after Beloguzov kept telling him the endings, it has been claimed.

Daily Record reports that the victim is now in intensive care with a knife injury to his heart.

He was flown from Russia's Bellingshausen research station on King George Island to Chile following the alleged attack.

Savitsky is back home in St Petersburg under house arrest.

He has been charged with attempted murder.

It is believed to the first time a man has been charged with a murder bid in Antartica.

Attacker Sergey Savitsky
0_PAY-Sergey-Savitsky_2_east2west.jpg

Savitsky became angry after Beloguzov (pictured) kept telling him book endings, it is claimed
0_PAY-Oleg-Beloguzov_3_east2west-news.jpg

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to come in and make some lame joke, but a knife injury to the heart is very serious - hopefully he pulls through

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think he tried to do the same thing to his lawyer when he tried to tell him how this case would end ahead of time?

Biceps King

Mar 21, 2018
If he brought his Amazon Kindle fire he could have kept his books a secret and not had them spoiled. No excuses for the stabber in any context

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wouldnt have gone for murder. Probably just went for a leg or something. So he couldnt easily counter.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Are we sure it is not those mind control earworms from X-Files?

latest

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
For real though while terrible and completely wrong I can see why someone would lose their cool like that in those circumstances.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Belugazov could not help himself, knowing that Savitsky would wake up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat, shouting hysterically, "No! I'm not listening to you!" It was just too boring out in this veritable desert of ice.

Well, he took it too far. Savitsky snapped. he was reading Breaking Dawn, the last book in the acclaimed Twilight series. Belugazov would NOT spoil this for him, even if it meant wrenching the life from his beating heart!

Even as he sits with a shackle on his hands, Savitsky leans in the chair with a subtle, confident smirk on his face, knowing he can finally conclude the amazing story of Bella in peace.

Spoil this, you piece of shit, Savitsky thought.

Last edited:

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt The Mirror a tabloid?

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...shows-how-crimes-are-prosecuted-in-antarctica

On October 9, in an isolated Russian Antarctic research station at the bottom of the world, Sergei Savitsky snapped, according to several news reports.

Oleg Beloguzov, a 52 year-old welder, had been fighting with Savitsky, a 54 year-old electrical engineer, for months. But this time was different: Beloguzov allegedly teased Savitsky by suggesting that he should dance on top of the dining room table for money. Savitsky, who was dangerously intoxicated, lunged at Beloguzov with a knife and stabbed him in the chest several times.

Hm...

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
So The Thing was actually a pretty accurate portrayal of life in Antarctica (without all the space alien body horror, anyway).

large_gourd

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 29, 2018
4 years isolated

just the two of them and some books to keep them sane

one of them keeps ruining all the books

i can't really judge this guy on society's usual standards

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
This surprises me. Spending months in a remote Outpost surely would drive many people up the wall

Perhaps not many people had that big of an asshole of a coworker.

Imagine if your coworker would piss on your seat every day just because he enjoys seeing your reaction.

I do not agree with the stabbing to the heart, but this guy obviously doesn't care that he is using the detriment of others for his own gain (entertainment).

Don't be an asshole.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I had a friend who used to do this with games. I would get 80% of the way through and he would drop a spoiler like it was no big deal. Don't talk to him anymore.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The Mirror is a sensationalistic tabloid and we discourage threads based on poorly sourced stories.

Feel free to make a new thread based on a better source for this story if you find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.