• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
He9yfPx.png
Anthem 1.7.0 update just released today and this is the last major update before the game goes into maintenance mode in preparation for the upcoming 2.0 version they plan on relaunching. I though I would make a thread about this update because there are some free vinyls, changes and opportunities to go back and experience previous content that people may have missed or for people just starting out.

KStnAJA.png
The snowy landscape featured in the Icetide event has come and gone and a new spring design has taken it's place with flowers growing all over the map. The Icetide event was an excellent event and luckily the team has decided to keep many of the fun features in the game until 2.0 comes around. Along with the Icetide event ending Anthem recently had it's one year anniversary and the team have released a set of free vinyls and a material for everyone who logs in an equips them once and they look pretty awesome.

7v4EdNp.png
Taken from the update page you can see they have brought back and left in much of all the previous content (Icetide features, cataclysm) along with keeping in Guardian tokens (lets you craft high end gear and weapons) and crystals are also staying allowing you to earn and trade them in for level 80 gear and weapons. With all of this they have added more oppourtunities to earn coins which was a complaint many had making it easier now to earn cosmetics, they will all be on rotation with plenty of time to get the ones you want and missed.Lastly minor updates will still be coming like smaller holiday events (length varies depending on the holiday) and the team is still taking and asking for feedback and have been pretty good about listening to the players.

• Challenges:
    • Six concurrent, active Daily Challenges that rotate regularly through these categories:
      • Contracts / Legendary Contracts
      • World Events
      • Time Trials
      • Strongholds
      • Creature Kills
      • Gameplay Style
    • Rotating Weekly Meta Challenges:
      • Factions
      • Contracts / Legendary Contracts
      • Stronghold
    • Rotating Monthly Meta Challenges:
      • Bronze
      • Silver
      • Gold
    • Festive challenges while mini-holidays are active.
  • Store Offerings:
    • A regular rotation of armor sets, wraps, graphics, decals, and materials previously available in the Featured Store.
  • Content & Game Modes:
    • Seasonal gameplay modes and features have been included in the normal event rotations:
      • Cataclysm Conjunctions
      • Cataclysm Nexus
      • Season of Skulls Conjunctions
      • Season of Skulls Nexus
      • Icetide Time Trials
      • Icetide Weekly Strongholds
      • Legendary Crafting
    • Rotating weekly gameplay modes:
      • Sunken Cell Weekly Stronghold
      • Heart of Rage Weekly Stronghold
      • Tyrant Mine Weekly Stronghold
      • Temple of Scar Weekly Stronghold
      • Nexus
  • Gameplay Inversions
    • We've created a rotating Gameplay Inversion schedule to coincide with the weekly rotating game modes. Inversions and gameplay modes are scheduled separately to create more combinations and support diversity in week-to-week content throughout the year.
  • Coin & Currency awards
    • Coin and Crystals will be awarded for Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Challenges.
    • Crystals can be earned and spent at any time.
  • Holidays:
    • Holidays are small events based on the yearly calendar that are primarily driven by unique challenges. These challenges will run for one to four weeks, depending on the holiday. Some of the larger holidays will include changes to the weekly gameplay mode or decorations in Fort Tarsis and the world.
    • When can you expect to see these events in the game?
      • We will be sharing details on these holiday events as they arrive throughout the year!
While not much new content is being added for those still interested or playing it'll be a nice chance to participate in the previous content if you're new, put together powerful builds with many more oppourtunites to gain high end gear to prepare for 2.0 or just to finish off the Champion Of Tarsis achievement. I'm looking forward to whats to come and even though it has been rough I have full confidence the team will turn things around.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to jump into this game if I played 10 min of it at launch?

I really love the ideas and the flying and graphics. But is there enough at this point to enjoy and get into while waiting for what they do in 2.0?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
So I have a year of Origin Premier and have always wondered about this game.
I'm aware of all the issues, but if I play this wanting to solo mostly and have fun, will I get that or should I not bother?
Flying sounds fun, and combat at least looks fast and entertaining

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
daily
weekly
monthly
rotating
seasonal

not gonna touch this game with a 10-foot pole

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Im finally gonna jump in after buying this on Xbox for $8 lol. I really wanna play this with an open mind even if I don't like it now, I'll at least give it another go for 2.0

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
Anyone think there will be no 2.0?

Its their intention for sure, but maybe it just doesn't come together for them?
Well they aren't confined to a release date or any other restraints so I don't see why it wouldn't work out. I see it not happening if they can't get everyone on the same page which is what led to the first disaster.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to believe in a world where they turn this around. Even in those screens in the OP, it is just so fucking cool looking.

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to jump into this game if I played 10 min of it at launch?
I really love the ideas and the flying and graphics. But is there enough at this point to enjoy and get into while waiting for what they do in 2.0?
I mean considering you can get the game for very cheap there is quite a bit of content here. I know there is a lot of doom and gloom around the game and yes there are issues for sure but personally I find gearing up fun, the event and time trials are fun I think for $10 you can get quite a bit from the game.

So I have a year of Origin Premier and have always wondered about this game.
I'm aware of all the issues, but if I play this wanting to solo mostly and have fun, will I get that or should I not bother?
Flying sounds fun, and combat at least looks fast and entertaining
If you have premiere it's included I mean you have nothing to lose to try it. The game is very solo firendly up to GM3 where you'l wanna focus with a team but even with the right build everything is pretty much soloable with a few exceptions that require groups. honestly the community for this game is really good and most people are pretty friendly, if you check out the discord there are a ton of people who will help you if needed.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, shit, I just uninstalled. Played a good bit of Cataclysm last year, but that's it.

I did mostly enjoy my time with it, lack of content be damned.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Going to keep holding off in hopes that the "relaunch" is amazing. Had initially purchased Origin Premiere for both this and Battlefield 1 and I play neither of them now. Couldn't even entice my friends to pick this up when it was cheap.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I mean considering you can get the game for very cheap there is quite a bit of content here. I know there is a lot of doom and gloom around the game and yes there are issues for sure but personally I find gearing up fun, the event and time trials are fun I think for $10 you can get quite a bit from the game.

If you have premiere it's included I mean you have nothing to lose to try it. The game is very solo firendly up to GM3 where you'l wanna focus with a team but even with the right build everything is pretty much soloable with a few exceptions that require groups. honestly the community for this game is really good and most people are pretty friendly, if you check out the discord there are a ton of people who will help you if needed.

cool thanks. I think I'll install it so I can see for myself how I like it :)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
daily
weekly
monthly
rotating
seasonal

Do this! DO THAT! Whoa, look out, you did the third thing as well at the same time cowboy 🤠 and WHATTTT you just got fifteen kills in a 60-minute span so you just unlocked a super box with a guaranteed, no duplicate, rare-or-better skin spray and DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH A SHOTGUN? That's another challenge today! You're progressing like crazy you madman 😝 hey be sure to log in for your daily drop and to clear all 40 tiers this month, and don't forget about the 80 tiers in this season, and if your friends log in you'll get a 1.15x tier progression boost! And if you tweet about it, you'll get a free hyperionosis cell that allows you a MEGA BOX with double the loot.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I do think its a fairly ballsy move to have Store Offerings for this game.

Can Ia some thats micro transactions?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do this! DO THAT! Whoa, look out, you did the third thing as well at the same time cowboy 🤠 and WHATTTT you just got fifteen kills in a 60-minute span so you just unlocked a super box with a guaranteed, no duplicate, rare-or-better skin spray and DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH A SHOTGUN? That's another challenge today! You're progressing like crazy you madman 😝 hey be sure to log in for your daily drop and to clear all 40 tiers this month, and don't forget about the 80 tiers in this season, and if your friends log in you'll get a 1.15x tier progression boost! And if you tweet about it, you'll get a free hyperionosis cell that allows you a MEGA BOX with double the loot.

This is the most triggering post I've ever read.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
how does this perform now on 1X? df said it was fairly stable 30 fps day one - did it get better or stay the same?

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
daily
weekly
monthly
rotating
seasonal

lol it's not that bad, for example my daily is to kill 30 enemies with melee which takes like 2 minutes and gives a ton of crystals letting you trade those for high end gear it's actually pretty easy, they've gotten super generous with gear and high end gear now.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't own the game but was hoping for a 2.0 comeback. Now i hope they silently walk away pretending they were going to make 2.0.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
That sounds pretty hype ngl

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
delete this

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
What's this like if you plan to play virtually everything solo? In similarish (that should be a word) games like borderlands series and division series I predominantly play solo. Just don't do much online gaming with friends anymore and I don't currently have a working headset.

Is most of the content doable solo? I usually have above average skills in most games. Not a pro or anything but able to beat the vast majority of games and do some challenges that are meant for more than one person.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem is a good game with great flying mechanics, awesome combat and a great end game loop with many many builds you can make to maximize your dps across four different classes.

Yes the game has many problems but you should be able to look past those problems because the gameplay is so good.

Its no destiny when it comes to raids but weapons, abilities and flying make for better combat than destiny. And this comes from a guy who had almost 700 hours in destiny 1 and well over 200 hours in d2. It's much more rewarding than destiny and really let's you customize your builds.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
This is magical, I'm dying here. Bravo.

If I ever go back I think I'll wait for 2.0 at this point.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Having not played since launch, I kinda want to check it out for a few hours. They fixed the constant crashes on PS4 long ago, right?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
120% sodium

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Having not played since launch, I kinda want to check it out for a few hours. They fixed the constant crashes on PS4 long ago, right?
I play on Pc and PS4 and although I'm not on the PS4 version much the times I have played it has seemed fine. Pc still has the odd crash here and there but it has gotten much better as well.

Oct 25, 2017

Post of the day. Contender for post of the year and perfectly summarizes the absurdity of everything that is wrong with gaming today.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Buying it at launch was a mistake for sure, but if you can get it cheap you can definitely have a few hours of fun with it. I wish those devs the best with 2.0...it can't be easy working on a game where the entire internet expects you to fail.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I played a bit during Icetide (hadn't played for quite a few months before) and there were a lot of great improvements so I'm definitely keen to continue playing. Love that you can get crystals more easily in this new update!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound all that interesting tbh. Certainly not enough to reinstall. I'll come back to the game when they do their big revamp.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I reinstalled a few months back to spend my last in-game currency on Tali armor for my Interceptor, then uninstalled again. I think I'm good until 2.0 (if it happens at all).

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY

giphy.gif

Forreal.

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't sound all that interesting tbh. Certainly not enough to reinstall. I'll come back to the game when they do their big revamp.
That's fine the post was more for people who were curious or needed to catch up. Seems like the 2.0 is still a ways out so if you wanna get prepped for 2.0 or just experience the older content now is definitely the time to do. Realistically the way the drops and leveling are you can certainly achieve an end game build pretty quickly, even just one night a week you can get a lot done casually now.