• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do this! DO THAT! Whoa, look out, you did the third thing as well at the same time cowboy šŸ¤  and WHATTTT you just got fifteen kills in a 60-minute span so you just unlocked a super box with a guaranteed, no duplicate, rare-or-better skin spray and DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH A SHOTGUN? That's another challenge today! You're progressing like crazy you madman šŸ˜ hey be sure to log in for your daily drop and to clear all 40 tiers this month, and don't forget about the 80 tiers in this season, and if your friends log in you'll get a 1.15x tier progression boost! And if you tweet about it, you'll get a free hyperionosis cell that allows you a MEGA BOX with double the loot.

Yikes

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
If they're really serious about an overhaul, then next-gen will be a good opportunity for them.
I have no doubt they are, in their discord they've basically been like we have work to do to fix the game and they are gonna remain silent and let the revamp speak for itself when finished. The one dev said that they're done with hype and are focusing on making it the best game they can and not repeating the same mistakes as before. I mean it's at least good that their being honest and as far as I go I'm willing to give them the benifit of the doubt and seeing as I've been through the FFXIv reboot, No Mans Sky reboot and many more I still think they can turn things around.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Are people still playing? I played through the campaign within a few weeks following launch and I remember at the end, some sidemissions weren't filled out with other players. Had the impression that people dropped it early.

I have to say that I did have a lot of fun with the game. The flight mechanic was pretty cool, as were the armor designs. I also liked the hub world. It was a little barren, but in the dialogue and general athmosphere you saw glimpses of the game Bioware was trying to make (vs what EA wanted them to make).

If 2.0 is a big relaunch, or adds a slab of new content I will be in day 1.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
is 2.0 going to be free for existing owners?...I played the game at launch for a few weeks and enjoyed it...basic framework is great...the mechanics, particularly the flying mechanics are one of the best I've seen...problem is it gets very repetitive and it needs lot more new content drops

OP
OP
cmagus

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
is 2.0 going to be free for existing owners?...I played the game at launch for a few weeks and enjoyed it...problem is it gets very repetitive and it needs lot more new content drops
They haven't really said anything yet about the update. I imagine it will be free to existing owners because if not it'll be DOA if they try to charge existing owners full price for it.

You could just do the campaign which is relatively fine and not touch any of this stuff.
Pretty much but honestly the dailies and weeklys are almost always related to doing things like killing a certain amount of enemies, collecting certain things, running so many dungeons and so on so you'll be completing most as you play through the campaign and usually by the end you'll have some nice currency built up to go into end game being able to buy some decent high end stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I would love for 2.0 to be a Realm Reborn-level 180 for the game, but I just don't see that happening.
that fact that it will launch no more than a year after starting this sort of heavy rework does not bode well, IMO. Even a sizable, skilled team would need a good amount of time to restructure the foundation and gameplay found here. Anything less than 1.5 years, to me, is going to result in a half measure of improvements. I doubt that will be sufficient to fix everything broken with this game.

How many copies did Anthem sell?
A lot. It was highly anticipated.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
This all sounds pretty neat so I went ahead and bought an Origin copy for like $10 since it's on sale right now to check it out for a few hours. Hopefully this 2.0 relaunch is all it's hyped up to be when if finally launches.

I've always really like how Anthem looked and I hope they tun it all around eventually.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Do this! DO THAT! Whoa, look out, you did the third thing as well at the same time cowboy šŸ¤  and WHATTTT you just got fifteen kills in a 60-minute span so you just unlocked a super box with a guaranteed, no duplicate, rare-or-better skin spray and DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH A SHOTGUN? That's another challenge today! You're progressing like crazy you madman šŸ˜ hey be sure to log in for your daily drop and to clear all 40 tiers this month, and don't forget about the 80 tiers in this season, and if your friends log in you'll get a 1.15x tier progression boost! And if you tweet about it, you'll get a free hyperionosis cell that allows you a MEGA BOX with double the loot.
This is my favorite post in the Citadel.

Jun 2, 2019
I always though that this game was being unfairly treated.

Sure it was hyped as hell and then severely underwhelming, but it's not genuinely bad and the core gameplay feels pretty good. I had fun with it while I had Origin Access

I'm thinking on getting it now that it's cheap, and hopefully they'll manage to turn it around with the 2.0 update

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
giphy.gif

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

Man, you guys need to get outside more.

Y'all too miserable

Oct 27, 2017

Sure, if you remove all the promises/marketing and evaluate the game in a vacuum, it might even look like a decent looter-shooter proposition today. People, including me, are vicious because the publisher LIED about the game.

From the initial trailer, to the promised features, to the delay (the justification for the delay was the packed holiday season, and Anthem was supposedly already ready in Fall 2018), to the launch features, to the roadmap.

EA/Bioware sit on the throne of lies. Trashing games for broken promises is the only counter we have to more broken promises and lies in the future. They do not deserve "it is not that bad" defense.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Sure it was hyped as hell and then severely underwhelming, but it's not genuinely bad and the core gameplay feels pretty good. I had fun with it while I had Origin Access

I'm thinking on getting it now that it's cheap, and hopefully they'll manage to turn it around with the 2.0 update
The only core gameplay element that feels good is the flying, and even there they messed up with the overheating and non-interesting leveldesign.

For a looting game the loot is abysmal, the mission design is staggeringly uninspired by the numbers shit, the lategame basically nonexistent, the encounter design isnt anything to write home about, either.

Outside of the core gameplay its easy to see why people didnt like it, too. The story is just...there. the game was a buggy mess for a while, the loading times atrocious, the matchmaking where people randomly got spoiled important story bits way ahead of time was a meme.

Lets not go down the revisionist history route.

Necron

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

giphy.gif

Jun 2, 2019
Sure, if you remove all the promises/marketing and evaluate the game in a vacuum, it might even look like a decent looter-shooter proposition today. People, including me, are vicious because the publisher LIED about the game.

From the initial trailer, to the promised features, to the delay (the justification for the delay was the packed holiday season, and Anthem was supposedly already ready in Fall 2018), to the launch features, to the roadmap.

EA/Bioware sit on the throne of lies. Trashing games for broken promises is the only counter we have to more broken promises and lies in the future. They do not deserve "it is not that bad" defense.
The only core gameplay element that feels good is the flying, and even there they messed up with the overheating and non-interesting leveldesign.

For a looting game the loot is abysmal, the mission design is staggeringly uninspired by the numbers shit, the lategame basically nonexistent, the encounter design isnt anything to write home about, either.

Outside of the core gameplay its easy to see why people didnt like it, too. The story is just...there. the game was a buggy mess for a while, the loading times atrocious, the matchmaking where people randomly got spoiled important story bits way ahead of time was a meme.

Lets not go down the revisionist history route.

Well aren't you guys passionate?

Relax, I'm not saying it's the best game ever nor I'm excusing bioware and EA, I'm saying it's not the second coming of superman 64 like some people has been trying to make it look from the start.

Also, I was there since the beta, no need to tell me what I already know.

I just like the game and find it fun to play. That's all. Awful crime, I know

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
they should give out Anthem via PS+ for a month (like Bungie did for Destiny 2) to boost up the numbers before the 2.0 relaunch,

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm more interested in seeing what they do for 2.0 at this point, it's nice to see they're still doing iterative updates for those still playing currently.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well aren't you guys passionate?

Relax, I'm not saying it's the best game ever nor I'm excusing bioware and EA, I'm saying it's not the second coming of superman 64 like some people has been trying to make it look from the start.

Also, I was there since the beta, no need to tell me what I already know.

I just like the game and find it fun to play. That's all. Awful crime, I know
Lol Im chill. Sorry if actually bringing forth arguments on a discussion board is too intense for you.

If you know that it has like one well working mechanic in the entire game, why are you trying to tell people its core gameplay is actually good?

A game doesnt have to be as bad as Superman 64 to be a shitty experience.

Jun 2, 2019
Sorry if actually bringing forth arguments on a discussion board is too intense for you.

Part of being on a discussion board means that people has different tastes than yours, if you can't acept that, well, i'm not even sorry, that's how the real world works.

If you know that it has like one well working mechanic in the entire game, why are you trying to tell people its core gameplay is actually good?

Because i'm not saying it's objectively good nor i'm trying to tell people anything, what i said is

the core gameplay feels pretty good. I had fun with it while I had Origin Access

Meaning, it's merely my opinion of the game? Don't like it? Again, i'm not sorry.

A game doesnt have to be as bad as Superman 64 to be a shitty experience.

When a game is treated as bad a Superman 64 is while not being nearly as bad as it is, there's nothing wrong in thinking that maybe, just mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe, people are exaggerating quite a little bit.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Personally gonna wait for the relaunch, game has a lot of cool things but it needs that relaunch to hopefully fully realize it

vhm74

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't renewed my PS+ subscription. I was considering getting the game since is so cheap now, Is there any SP content that I could play without the online services or connection is mandatory?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is brilliant

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017

sounds like the division 2 that i was playing and droped

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Part of being on a discussion board means that people has different tastes than yours, if you can't acept that, well, i'm not even sorry, that's how the real world works.

Because i'm not saying it's objectively good nor i'm trying to tell people anything, what i said is

Meaning, it's merely my opinion of the game? Don't like it? Again, i'm not sorry.

When a game is treated as bad a Superman 64 is while not being nearly as bad as it is, there's nothing wrong in thinking that maybe, just mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe, people are exaggerating quite a little bit.
You can have different tastes all you want, but when you say "thing is good" and I say "no because of these reaons" and you go "lol calm down", I have to wonder what the purpose of a discussion is. If you arent interested in one just dont reply in the first place?

Anthem has never been treated as bad as Superman64. Its just perceived as a bad game compared to other games in the genre and the AAA space in general, and after pages of reporting we even know why exactly that is.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I know a bunch of people are probably working hard on this but hope they are very few and most of BioWare is on DA4.
I have a feeling not many real care for this to pull a no mans sky. Maybe we need a poll.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Perfect post.
Perfect.

Jan 10, 2018

Hahaha! I'm reading this in the voice of Flex Tape Phil. Wonderful!

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Dreams-Visions you love shitting on this shitty game. i just have high doubts you ever played it.
Doubts, you say? I'll call you Boromir from now on.

3h2V24T.jpg

The one who failed because of his lack of belief. I'm sure you won't mind.

But yes, thank you for noticing. I do enjoy bowel relief and yes, I shit on this game from breathtaking heights. That's because it's in a shit state and I will stay shitting on it until that changes. Fun story: I bought the game at launch after putting about 20 hours into the Beta and opted to not play it for what ended up being months because I was afraid of missing story cut-scenes because early on there was a good to great chance that they would often bug out on people forcing them to miss the entire thing. Story and lore being very important to me, that was unacceptable. Watching the variety of reports coming in regarding weapon bugs, mod bugs and so on, the wait became much easier. I waited until it was confirmed that the story bug would not happen to me. Long wait was long but I eventually got through it and to the end game before pausing in favor of waiting for 2.0 as the end game situation is well documented at this point. No reason to waste time.

The irony of waiting to make sure I didn't miss the cut-scenes isn't lost on me, given the sad state of said story. At least the models were nice on the 2080Ti. And don't get me started on how the campaign ended.

As you can see I did redeem my free vinyls, btw. So there's that, at least. :3

cLspiQm.png

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I do like how they change the map based on the season. It's something I wish Destiny and Division did as well. Ok maybe not Destiny as it already has a lot of variation but Division could certainly benefit from rotating seasons.