• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
how does this perform now on 1X? df said it was fairly stable 30 fps day one - did it get better or stay the same?

I actually stopped playing during the icetide event in part because of performance, with all the snow and shit, but also because I was new to it and wanted to play the campaign as "vanilla" as possible in regards to graphics and environments.

Played yesterday for a couple hours and it's quite ok even if not perfect at all, not even playing solo. But it feels responsive and looks nice.

I don't know anymore though if graphically the environments are back to original or if that doesn't exist anymore, because now there were flowers and rain. But it's pretty. It was with snow and red leaves too anyway, but it seemed to perform worse.

I got it for 6 euro so I won't really complain much anyway.

Jun 1, 2018
Do this! DO THAT! Whoa, look out, you did the third thing as well at the same time cowboy šŸ¤  and WHATTTT you just got fifteen kills in a 60-minute span so you just unlocked a super box with a guaranteed, no duplicate, rare-or-better skin spray and DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH A SHOTGUN? That's another challenge today! You're progressing like crazy you madman šŸ˜ hey be sure to log in for your daily drop and to clear all 40 tiers this month, and don't forget about the 80 tiers in this season, and if your friends log in you'll get a 1.15x tier progression boost! And if you tweet about it, you'll get a free hyperionosis cell that allows you a MEGA BOX with double the loot.
its funny cause its true

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Never tried Anthem, but looking forward to see how 2.0 will be.

Post of the day. Contender for post of the year and perfectly summarizes the absurdity of everything that is wrong with gaming today.
If daily and weekly challenges is the biggest problem with gaming today, it means that gaming today is pretty damn good? :P :) Most of these challenges can easily be ignored, and are often not necessary at all. Its more of an attempt to keep people engaged, having a goal to work towards. I personally dont see any problem with this.

Last edited:

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to keep holding off in hopes that the "relaunch" is amazing. Had initially purchased Origin Premiere for both this and Battlefield 1 and I play neither of them now. Couldn't even entice my friends to pick this up when it was cheap.
Yeah my year of origin went to waste.

I mean, at least FIFA 19 was fun for a bit. Got a good 50 hours out of it, but more importantly made me watch the sport more.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Doubts, you say? I'll call you Boromir from now on.

3h2V24T.jpg

The one who failed because of his lack of belief. I'm sure you won't mind.

But yes, thank you for noticing. I do enjoy bowel relief and yes, I shit on this game from breathtaking heights. That's because it's in a shit state and I will stay shitting on it until that changes. Fun story: I bought the game at launch after putting about 20 hours into the Beta and opted to not play it for what ended up being months because I was afraid of missing story cut-scenes because early on there was a good to great chance that they would often bug out on people forcing them to miss the entire thing. Story and lore being very important to me, that was unacceptable. Watching the variety of reports coming in regarding weapon bugs, mod bugs and so on, the wait became much easier. I waited until it was confirmed that the story bug would not happen to me. Long wait was long but I eventually got through it and to the end game before pausing in favor of waiting for 2.0 as the end game situation is well documented at this point. No reason to waste time.

The irony of waiting to make sure I didn't miss the cut-scenes isn't lost on me, given the sad state of said story. At least the models were nice on the 2080Ti. And don't get me started on how the campaign ended.

As you can see I did redeem my free vinyls, btw. So there's that, at least. :3

cLspiQm.png

I'm sorry to hear you play games for the story, I can't Imagine what's that like. If you want to fly around and shoot things feel free to hit me up!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Every time I see Anthem pop up it gets harder and harder to resist popping back. I'll definitely wait for 2.0 considering the magnitude but there is a fondness there from my time with it.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded this again last night to try the new stuff.I played a lot of Anthem when it came out but after the roadmap was dropped I quit. It's still a lil janky, but there is more to do in freeplay. The new vinyl looked good on the Interceptor. I think I'll try the campaign again to see all the improvements. I still need a bunch of collectibles for the exploration challenges. And hey they can't get my money twice, amirite...

Edit:
Can I get free stuff if I re-download?

Do I need to play through something?
If you're talking about the vinyls, then yea you can. They are automatically in your inventory.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Do this! DO THAT! Whoa, look out, you did the third thing as well at the same time cowboy šŸ¤  and WHATTTT you just got fifteen kills in a 60-minute span so you just unlocked a super box with a guaranteed, no duplicate, rare-or-better skin spray and DID YOU JUST DO THAT WITH A SHOTGUN? That's another challenge today! You're progressing like crazy you madman šŸ˜ hey be sure to log in for your daily drop and to clear all 40 tiers this month, and don't forget about the 80 tiers in this season, and if your friends log in you'll get a 1.15x tier progression boost! And if you tweet about it, you'll get a free hyperionosis cell that allows you a MEGA BOX with double the loot.
Gaming was a mistake.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm sorry to hear you play games for the story, I can't Imagine what's that like. If you want to fly around and shoot things feel free to hit me up!
That sounds good too. That's the plan when 2.0 drops. I hope it reaches the promise all of us who bought the game early hoped it would reach but has yet to.

But with a 2.0 reboot, playing now just doesn't make sense. We have no idea what existing weapons, components or gear -- if any -- will still exist or otherwise be viable. And given how long it takes to farm things, I'd rather just wait and see what they announce. Once we have a feel for what is leaving, what is staying, and what presently exists that looks to be worth farming sooner rather than later, I'll be looking to grind. Until then, it's just a gamble and there's just no reason to. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a full item reboot. Plenty of other stuff to play until we know more. Good game are out, and big games are coming soon.

You gotta be fucking kidding me.
LMAO

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018

i just died inside, watch out or you will be hired for a GAAS Management role.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
If daily and weekly challenges is the biggest problem with gaming today, it means that gaming today is pretty damn good? :P :) Most of these challenges can easily be ignored, and are often not necessary at all. Its more of an attempt to keep people engaged, having a goal to work towards. I personally dont see any problem with this.

the problem is like an NPC is talking to you saying this, ya'know? while you are playing comes this voiceover with portrait in your char's radio haha so there's no "ignoring". it's very invasive.

Benefits include a 3000 V-Bucks signing bonus, a free emote of my choosing every month, and commission-based character intros.

i feel SO engaged right now thank you community manager i'm gonna spend a lot today hehe

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Man, you guys need to get outside more.

Y'all too miserable

www.resetera.com

I don't how I can keep living without Destiny anymore

It's pretty simple. Destiny was my happy place. My special safe space where I can play happily with no care for the world and just relax. And with Bungie killing the game slowly, it's making me depressed to the point I dont want to get out of bed. People talk about how easy it is to move...
It's pretty simple. Destiny was my happy place. My special safe space where I can play happily with no care for the world and just relax.

And with Bungie killing the game slowly, it's making me depressed to the point I dont want to get out of bed.

People talk about how easy it is to move on. But believe me, it's not that easy.
šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

Okapi

May 31, 2019
This is so painful to read LOL

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I just installed the new Update Data. Bro, time to see what's new!

I popped back in the disc in the tray and fell on my ass in my bed, turned on the TV and started playing v1.7.0.

...Man this game sucks.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
the problem is like an NPC is talking to you saying this, ya'know? while you are playing comes this voiceover with portrait in your char's radio haha so there's no "ignoring". it's very invasive.
Got it. What does the NPC say? As i mentioned, i havnt played Anthem before, so i cant say much about it. But the guy i was replying to was talking more in general about gaming today, not just Anthem in specific. Many games have those daily challenges etc.. just as a menu entry and not much else, at least from the games i've played.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
What's this like if you plan to play virtually everything solo? In similarish (that should be a word) games like borderlands series and division series I predominantly play solo. Just don't do much online gaming with friends anymore and I don't currently have a working headset.

Is most of the content doable solo? I usually have above average skills in most games. Not a pro or anything but able to beat the vast majority of games and do some challenges that are meant for more than one person.

I pretty much Platinum'd this game solo. I did a few Cataclysms with others but that wasn't for a trophy. I loved the game. I stuck with this more than Division 2 and maybe Division 1.

It is VERY playable solo. I did play Colossus exclusively and most don't play that javelin.

Hey, you are playing Anthem, right? Because there is no portrait that comes up. Are you thinking of Titanfall 1?

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Got it. What does the NPC say? As i mentioned, i havnt played Anthem before, so i cant say much about it. But the guy i was replying to was talking more in general about gaming today, not just Anthem in specific. Many games have those daily challenges etc.. just as a menu entry and not much else, at least from the games i've played.

Hey, you are playing Anthem, right? Because there is no portrait that comes up. Are you thinking of Titanfall 1?

i was giving a general example, sorry wasn't clear enough.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
You should be proud of this post.
source.gif

Doesn't sound all that interesting tbh. Certainly not enough to reinstall. I'll come back to the game when they do their big revamp.
I agree, sounds like a bunch of dailies.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty tempted to buy it at rock bottom price ATM then park it until 2.0. Just of the off chance it's worth it.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
i was giving a general example, sorry wasn't clear enough.
Understood. Which games do have a NPC that bugs you about completing certain daily/weekly challenges etc.? I'm honestly wondering. If that is what you mean that the NPC is talking about? I cant recall seeing that in the games i've played, but theres many games that i havnt played, so i might have missed something of course.

Last edited:

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I remember playing the beta and thinking, "Yeah, this is gonna stink", and then it did. And I'm still tempted to buy it for 10 bucks just out of curiosity. To experience the full trainwreck and maybe, hopefully, see it all fixed when 2.0 arrives.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I pretty much Platinum'd this game solo. I did a few Cataclysms with others but that wasn't for a trophy. I loved the game. I stuck with this more than Division 2 and maybe Division 1.

It is VERY playable solo. I did play Colossus exclusively and most don't play that

Thank you kind sir. I know Anthem had plenty of issues but I've definitely enjoyed many games that started off with a ton of flaws. I typically come into these type of games late for that purpose. It's pretty rare that I buy anything day one with the exception of games I absolutely want to play right away. Typically my experience is much better than early adopters although I suppose one could say the potentially always exists for a game to get worse.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I remember playing the beta and thinking, "Yeah, this is gonna stink", and then it did. And I'm still tempted to buy it for 10 bucks just out of curiosity. To experience the full trainwreck and maybe, hopefully, see it all fixed when 2.0 arrives.
Similar situation here. Played the beta with three friends and given this impression and the release shortly after we decided to wait. Just yesterday my mate said "hey itĀ“s 9 euro right now on this site, I would buy it if you are also on board". He wants to test it on his new PC and is hoping the 2.0 version will turn out decent .... IĀ“m very sceptical if and when 2.0 will hit after all that happened this year, with people leaving the project etc.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my year of origin went to waste.

I mean, at least FIFA 19 was fun for a bit. Got a good 50 hours out of it, but more importantly made me watch the sport more.
Same with me. At the very least I did play a lot of BF1 for a while. I also got to play a Madden game on the PC for the first time in ages, which was nice. I did resub to Premiere for another year after that for BF5 and whatnot. Got a good 279 hours out of that one before DICE ruined it. At least Battlefront 2 and the new PvZ game have been great. Not sure I'll go for a 3rd year though.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
This game still looks incredible.

Hopefully they can actually fix it because I'd love to hop back in at some point down the line