• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, this is looking incredible. This is the first video to really sell me on it. The wait will be long and arduous.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
No variety in the game world makes me think this is gonna turn boring very fast. Where are the deserts? Snowy biomes?
The enemies all look extremely easy too. Moment to moment you'll be spending 95-99% of your time flying around as Iron Man blasting health bars that offer literally zero resistance. The boss fight offered mild resistance but barely. This is not Horizon or Monster Hunter or even EDF. Once you get past the beauty of the game there is seemingly no depth or challenge.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
The enemies all look extremely easy too. Moment to moment you'll be spending 95-99% of your time flying around as Iron Man blasting health bars that offer literally zero resistance. The boss fight offered mild resistance but barely. This is not Horizon or Monster Hunter or even EDF. Once you get past the beauty of the game there is seemingly no depth or challenge.
It's mind boggling how people can write off an entire game from an 8 minute video from IGN.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
So this is like a AAA Warframe or something?

I think it'll be better for people to give the open demo a spin than try to compare to other games. It's not quite any of them.

Challenge is going to be higher difficulty level missions and Elder game. Not free roam open world.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
I asked discord, and Bioware dev replied that titan is a lesser one, so there are others

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Its funny people keep bringing Warframe up. WF has taken years and years of updates to get to this point. All the open world and extended mobility is all after years of content. Will be interesting to see how Anthem pans out in 6 months to a year.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see how someone gets this idea from the footage. Hoping there's more challenge and mechanics to fights in higher difficulty and dungeon type areas/activities.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
the maneuvering looked extremely fun. the player looked like they were having fun just jumping anf flying about and thats my kind of shit.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Are people just not familiar with gameplay videos from major/mainstream outlets? This is most definitely normal or lower difficulty when there are at least 3 more higher difficulty levels? But also, free roam content is usually not the most difficult content in any game (but I don't doubt there isn't somewhat challenging world events).
They're familiar it's likely just concern trolling. The amount of unique enemy behaviors for mobs and rarer enemies displayed in such a short video is promising for fights on higher difficulties.

Max Payne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay looks quite fun. Unfortunately, I hate everything mech-y, so I'll probably pass on this one.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny people keep bringing Warframe up. WF has taken years and years of updates to get to this point. All the open world and extended mobility is all after years of content. Will be interesting to see how Anthem pans out in 6 months to a year.
WF is also a pedal to the metal endless sprint/flying through levels and completely stomping enemies. Outside of some world bosses. I appreciate Anthem's pace a bit more from what I've seen.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
WF is also a pedal to the metal endless sprint/flying through levels and completely stomping enemies. Outside of some world bosses. I appreciate Anthem's pace a bit more from what I've seen.
Agreed. WF has some great sliding and zipping through the world moments. A real Ninja experience.

If Bioware can support Anthem even 10% of WF, it will be massive.

Real

Oct 28, 2017

... have you played it?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Games are almost never played at higher difficulties for pre-release footage. It's harder to demonstrate when you're trying to survive every second lol.

There's even 3 tiers of difficulty above 'Hard' for Anthem. I'm sure there will be plenty of challenge.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017

lol. you've made up your mind about this game haven't you eh.

anyways for depth i'm looking for something similar to wf in having a lot of options or 'spec' to mod out a particular javelin
e.g modding damage, ability duration, crits etc etc.
also activities that force you to play different or mod/spec different (optional i guess, some dont like this)

i'm not worried about enemy variety (yet) as this seems to be a huge world

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EqualNextAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

TanImprobableEquine-size_restricted.gif

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Warframe seems cooler. Releasing a game with only 1 biome is not a good idea. I'm not feeling this game. I would prefer another titanfall.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I still have some linger concerns with the flying but at the very least it opens up the level design without bogging it down with awful platforming or a ton of fixed interactions like climbing a ladder or riding an elevator. I'm very curious about it feels to play.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Some of ya'll kill me with this "the game looks way too easy" after watching 8 minutes of footage.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Used to be a huge Bioware fanboy and this looks solid but i can't get hyped after ME:A.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Some of ya'll kill me with this "the game looks way too easy" after watching 8 minutes of footage.

It's not so much easy, but everything I've seen (and I've admittedly not been closely following the game) are boring enemies standing out in the open waiting to be to annihilated.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Warframe is the closest thing, but even that plays wildly differently beyond the surface level similarities.

yeah totally forgot about war frame they are similar

dont know what is that I will give it a look.

Destiny 2: Forsaken.

totally different destiny doesn't feel or play like this.

Core gameplay wise? Not that I can think of really.

I see thank you.

Given that poster was referring to the core gameplay (traversal, shooting, etc) and not the progression or content structure, I would say Destiny is actually really different.

yes they feel and play totally different also destiny does not feel as fluid and mobile as this.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
It's not so much easy, but everything I've seen (and I've admittedly not been closely following the game) are boring enemies standing out in the open waiting to be to annihilated.

basically this, which honestly i'd be ok with if there was some interesting story driving all of it. from what i know so far that isn't the case.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Games are almost never played at higher difficulties for pre-release footage. It's harder to demonstrate when you're trying to survive every second lol.

There's even 3 tiers of difficulty above 'Hard' for Anthem. I'm sure there will be plenty of challenge.
Hopefully the AI is still being worked on. Currently the enemies just don't fight back so if you multiplied their health and damage x10 it would still be a cake walk if this footage is anything to go by.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the AI is still being worked on. Currently the enemies just don't fight back so if you multiplied their health and damage x10 it would still be a cake walk if this footage is anything to go by.

I mean, if I set the game to Easy in Diablo 3, some of the enemies barely even attack or move crazy slow. In Torment X, I'm constantly fighting to stay alive with elites trying to trap me in corners and such, or get around me to use fire chains to kill me, or any number of other strategies and the AI in that isn't even particularly great.
I just don't think it's worth being hugely concerned over, right now. Obviously the difficulty in these videos is probably the lowest they can set it so they can actually show off abilities and such. If they release footage of an endgame raid that looks this easy, then sure we can start being a bit concerned.