• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
as fun as shooting a pile of inanimite rocks, and that is the sad part of all of it after ME: Andromeda. I'll wait for the (obvious) downgrade talk to stir nearing the release, as Anthem was the next(-gen) big thing on the horizon everyone was upgrading their rigs for, and now it all ammounts to this.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
We've seen small bits of footage that shows that there's at least also a desert environment in the game for people who keep thinking this game only has tropical forests.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking only for myself, my post refers to the footage as unimpressive. I'm still very much excited for the game.

I was just more under the impression that showing off things such as world events and bosses that there would be at least some level of difference in the challenge they pose, even for press footage.

Previous footage with mob enemies look makes them look like the pushovers that they are. This footage of supposed bosses proves little difference.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
as fun as shooting a pile of inanimite rocks, and that is the sad part of all of it after ME: Andromeda. I'll wait for the (obvious) downgrade talk to stir nearing the release, as Anthem was the next(-gen) big thing on the horizon everyone was upgrading their rigs for, and now it all ammounts to this.
You saying it doesnt look good graphics wise?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You saying it doesnt look good graphics wise?
I think they were expecting something pushing limits. Anthem isn't really that. It does look good though.

Edit: Wasn't there some Dylan codename internally too? Lol. Maybe something happened where initially it was going to take more chances than it does and push tech but ME:A flopped and they had to pull back.

Last edited:

datbapple

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Wow, that finally sells me on this game. Looks good and different enough from division and destiny to pick up

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I keep switching from wanting to be an Interceptor or Storm...I probably won't juggle too many classes because I won't have the time, but which one!?

I wonder if the Storm can be spec'd to be more of a support class, like a red mage...

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Enemies are so helpless.

Are there raids in this game? Imagine the chaotic air battles in a hard mode raid.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Have my eye on I this though Ive been burned before. Going to see how it shakes out but...this game is looking damn fine.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I want to like this, but... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gameplay still looks so mediocre and weightless. Audio design is weak and there is next to no feedback via animation work. World is still very barren in this footage and doesn't come across as that engaging. I HOPE this is from same build they used for gameplay tests.

It's pretty to look at and has potential for good FashionFrame Lite gameplay.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I want to like this, but... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gameplay still looks so mediocre and weightless. Audio design is weak and there is next to no feedback via animation work. World is still very barren in this footage and doesn't come across as that engaging.

It's pretty to look at and has potential for good FashionFrame Lite gameplay.

I feel the exact same way -- especially the environments, hope they show some more varied spots. I was really hoping the melee combat would win me over but it give me that same weightless, non-impactful melee combat vibes from Warframe. But who am I kidding, I like looters and shooters, so I'll wait and see...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I feel the exact same way -- especially the environments, hope they show some more varied spots. I was really hoping the melee combat would win me over but it give me that same weightless, non-impactful melee combat vibes from Warframe. But who am I kidding, I like looters and shooters, so I'll wait and see...

At least in WarFrame you can go all nutty with melee builds so you rip and tear through enemies so fast you wont even care that melee combat isn't meaty and weighty, bodies are just dropping all over.

Maybe you can reach same peak levels of power in Anthem (I really doubt that) and it could remove some issues from melee spam, but gunplay would still sound and look weak ass.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Everything looks so fluid and smooth, I'm still flashed to see this in a Bioware game. They made such big leap with Anthem.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to guess that a lot of what we've seen is from the beginnings of the game from environments, enemy types, weapons and so on. I agree with a lot of people on the enemies seeming a bit lackluster but I'm waiting till they show off some end game content before I make that judgement on the game as a whole.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I think my biggest gripe with this game is how noisy the image looks. Destiny has a lot of things going on, but it's all very easy to read. I think it's a combination of the art direction and the HUD that makes like this, so it's not something that will be fixed. The video compression certainly isn't doing it any favors, tho.

Aug 9, 2018
A lot of people are talking about the game looking easy. I don't recall getting killed in destiny when free roaming around Earth/russia

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
i had zero interest in Anthem. Then i saw those little combat clips from a couple weeks ago and the game got on my radar. This though? The first minute in and im sold.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I continue to be amazed by how a game that sounds so good on paper can look so dull in practice.

"You fly around in an Iron Man suit exploring an alien world and getting in fights."
"Awesome!"
*game consists of chipping numbers off health bars while doing fetch quests and collecting crafting materials*
*snore*

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
A lot of people are talking about the game looking easy. I don't recall getting killed in destiny when free roaming around Earth/russia
You can have the highest level gear in D1 and those enemies would still body you.

Anyway, I keep watching these videos and I played the alpha. Do I need to pre-order to get into the demo in a few weeks? I don't mind if I have to I'm still purchasing.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can have the highest level gear in D1 and those enemies would still body you.

Anyway, I keep watching these videos and I played the alpha. Do I need to pre-order to get into the demo in a few weeks? I don't mind if I have to I'm still purchasing.
Origin Premier or Pre-order for the VIP demo. Open demo comes after that.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
We've gotten glimpses of other styles of enemies that don't seem like push overs. This multi legged mech with the missile spam for example. Also looks like a particular enemy from Horizon Zero Dawn.

BountifulNippyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to guess that a lot of what we've seen is from the beginnings of the game from environments, enemy types, weapons and so on. I agree with a lot of people on the enemies seeming a bit lackluster but I'm waiting till they show off some end game content before I make that judgement on the game as a whole.

Ditto, though I'm prob gonna give it a month or so. I didn't jump into Destiny 1 until "The Taken King" ...I kinda hoping it wont be the case for Anthem and there is enough content there to maybe win me over much sooner.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We've gotten glimpses of other styles of enemies that don't seem like push overs. This multi legged mech with the missile spam for example. Also looks like a particular enemy from Horizon Zero Dawn.

BountifulNippyKinkajou-size_restricted.gif
Was someone citing this as a desert looking area earlier? Think it's just a Scar junkyard or something. Enemy does look cool though. It's like a walking anti-air battery.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
My concern about the enemies isn't the challenge in killing them, but that they won't just be bullet sponges.

Also, I feel like I've definitely seen Storm and Interceptior dynamically work together more and IGN didn't really do that much. Definitely enjoy the streams with Bioware folks better.

I just want to see a really tough battle of folks trying to figure an enemy strategy out. That's been really missing thus far for me. Love how it looks, just hope there's more depth to enemies than a pulse rifle blast.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the gameplay has looked solid. My concern as someone who is keeping an eye on this that came from both of the previous Destiny titles is whether it can keep my interest without feeling grating and grindy.

From what I hear it took a positive step by letting your character be able to get multiple suits instead of having to redo a bunch of new characters. This can mean you can skip story based missions and focus on leveling up your newest gear instead of replaying story missions cause you HAVE to, and swapping relatively on the fly.

Now questions will be how much customization there is. How much variety and exploration there can possibly be. in the map. How grindy leveling up either armor or finding mats to level up equipment gets. Variety in the missions themselves. Relative speed new content is being brought in to keep things fresh. If Microtransactions are present, how bad will they be.

Destiny 2 didn't fail me because the gameplay looked bad. It failed me on the content side. And that's the topic I will focus on in reviews.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still salty about getting this over more Dragon Age or another full on Bioware RPG but... this is looking really fun.

Like the perfect, "just chill with your friends" game. Hopefully it's as addictive as ME3's multiplayer ended up being. I didn't want that either but it turned out great.