• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also dont forget that "legendary missions" are just story missions rehashed to higher level. Not new content.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
It took me a shockingly long time to realize "Cortex Locked" wasn't the name of a oft-recurring free play event.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this so vague come on! You would think they want to be detail as possible right now to get people excited

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I really wanted this to be good. Specially since I was in for some streamlined loot shooter that played welll like Destiny but with matchmaking and less obscure stuff.

Seems I'll stick with Destiny. What a waste.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a shockingly bad roadmap. It's the same stuff over and over again. The cataclysm stuff is in May? Oof.

Anthem will be in big trouble come Division 2 release.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This didn't tell me a damn thing. Also, the same freeplay event two months in a row being touted as a bullet point... really?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thats something else then "only symbols"
They said they are doing livestreams constantly and social media to show whats gonna be included when it gets closer to the release.
Then why even post this today? There's not enough information here to get excited about anything.

Oct 29, 2017
Content is not the issue right now Bioware, making a decent game is and been as though you've been on this 5 to 6 years now I have no faith you're going to miraculously fix it through the odd patch.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond disappointing; a stronghold in APRIL and their "aspirational content" in May?

How on earth did they whiff this hard?

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that guilds are that far away.

I hope the best for this game. But looking at the next 3 months, there are so so so many game and that are coming out that it's gonna be tough to keep going back if you've gone in already.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not at all confident this game will have any form of meaningful ongoing support longterm.

If it sells well and people stick around, maybe, but initial reports aren't really pointing to a smashing success right?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the roadmap, it looks like the game probably should have released in April/May.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
That doesn't tell me anything. And I play the game...

It also just occurred to me that EA stands for Early Access. EA Games, Early Access Games. That explains it.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks boring/bland and also subject to change. New stronghold was the only thing that caught my eye.

If someone is on the fence about the game that roadmap sure as Hell doesn't inspire any confidence.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
When "Fixing the game" is a feature, heh.

Seriously though, it's nice to see some details on that roadmap. Godspeed with this Bioware, I may pick this up down the road if the game improves.

Happo

Jul 5, 2018
Why would ANYONE be excited for freeplay events when freeplay itself is fundamentally broken for group play. This is garbage.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm most curious about are the planned fixes, improvements, and optimizations, but I guess we'll have to wait for those plans. Hopefully they realize that some people want to see those details!

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Roadmaps are looking more and more like damage control and less like an assurance of future content lately....
This.

I'll be excited for roadmaps when they have substance and when they aren't apologies for bad launches. I don't think that they should promise what they cannot deliver in these roadmaps, so I guess the only solution here is not to launch utterly broken games? Then they can keep roadmaps as vague as they want.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Is it just me or is it weird that all these GAAS games expect you to play them and nothing else for months on end...........saying that I've just started The Witcher III and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be playing it for months on end,lol.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Played all week on PC with minimal issues playing today on xbox one x has pissed me the fuck off! Kicked completely out at end of missions several times not sure if I got any reward or XP. People talk shit about Destiny but it was never as busted as this shut I'm so angry feel like call Microsoft for a refund!

Edit turns out it was joining my nephew on his busted ass connection that was causing our issues!

Last edited:

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I think the two data points that matter are (I asked this in review thread) - is a new Stronghold in April and a Catsclysm in May going to be soon/substantial enough to maintain a healthy player base?

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
So the game launched basically 6-12 months to early with barely any content.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
"A world left unfinished..."

tenor.gif

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Talking Heads called it in the 80's with this one.

I really hope Bioware gets back on track eventually, hopefully theres a team somewhere there working on at least one of their old franchises.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Uhh we got already a roadmap before release. This is just more detailed. Wich they said before release they would show.
It's slightly more detailed but it seems to be mostly just a bigger version of the original roadmap. Not bad, but I wish it was more like the FO76 roadmap released today.

I also really hope they come out soon and say something about the state of the game at launch and how they plan on fixing it. There are many of us that held off buying it, but really want to see this game succeed long term.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This is hilarious, I made the joke earlier today that all Anthem had to do was emulate Bethesda and trot out a pretty 2019 Roadmap to get fickle gamers excited again.

But I'm pleasantly surprised to see the collective shrugging going on in this thread lol.