• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the new stronghold take place in a remixed place you already went in the main campaign.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is hilarious, I made the joke earlier today that all Anthem had to do was emulate Bethesda and trot out a pretty 2019 Roadmap to get fickle gamers excited again.

But I'm pleasantly surprised to see the collective shrugging going on in this thread lol.

Gamers will only fall for bullshit so many times before something gives.

Think back to Battlefront II. It was far from the first time a game had bullshit paid dlc, but it was the breaking point.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is it just me or is it weird that all these GAAS games expect you to play them and nothing else for months on end...........saying that I've just started The Witcher III and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be playing it for months on end,lol.
That's definitely what they want you to do, they want you to feel like you are missing content that is time sensitive. Events get repeated eventually and new better gear gets put out so it really is a feeling that is entirely manufactured. Play the game a lot if you enjoy it but don't let it take you away from something else you enjoy.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
There's just soo much content from that roadmap that should have been there on day 1.. That's all I have to say.

I didn't ended up buying the game because the performance is just sad...

Oct 26, 2017
That's a pretty empty roadmap, so much useless "Cortex Locked" padding. Why did they copy-paste Outlaw Outrage and There Be giants from February to March?

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be an emergency hotfix to the roadmap? Maybe to turn the HDR back?

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being serious now. Have you guys noticed that even the pictures of the events and steps on the progression are just images without any context that we saw before? This is so unfinished that they dont even have a working image of future content.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
They should have just called this a 15 hour co op RPG that will get content updates over the next year and to check in when those happen. Instead they let everyone think it's a looter shooter that needs to be played daily.

Go play other games while this one gets fixed and content updates. And if you don't feel like coming back, oh well, they should have made a more enticing package from the start.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at most stuff locked. Bloody ridiculous is what this game is... Been stuck at a connection issue for hours, no matter what fixes I read online.

Shame at the launch state of the game, really.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Shrugs. I'm really enjoying the main campaign. Tarsis has just enough story and character development to scratch the BioWare itch. The combat is fine and the flying is amazing. I feel like there's enough content here for February. Particularly learning the different Javelins.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
People need to stop bitching about " it should have been released in x months" at this point it is a moo point. a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
EA shareholders meeting I guess.

giphy.webp

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm hoping the next acts in the development are a bit more substantial but I think after a full year it would be something I'd like sink some time in to. Hopefully EA show a little faith in it.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
S T O K E D. I've been having a blast playing this on the hard + ^. It's intense AF, the gameplay is so buttery smooth. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take this.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
"Buttery smooth" is starting to sound suspiciously like the exact phrase in an instruction manual somewhere. I'm seeing it again and again from the rare people who claim to love the game.

Maybe it's time to put my tinfoil hat on.

Edit: after doing a quick search, it's just that I'm visiting Anthem-related threads recently, no cause for alarm, citizens.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
So many of those things being freeplay events is pretty disappointing. They're hard to find and no one is around to do them.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Cortex locked, to me, means they don't have defined plans and they're scrambling. They might be able to deliver interesting things in those slots, but I bet it depends on how long it takes to fix all of the bugs.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Been playing all day, loving it. Looking forward to the updates. Looks like next season of destiny will be more gambit stuff so need my pve fix.