• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Check out the latest exclusive 4K Anthem gameplay revealed at our CES 2019 keynote! It features never-before seen Javelin, enemies, and environments. The team is happy to announce that DLSS is coming to Anthem thanks to the hard work of Bioware and NVIDIA. Be ready for the PC launch on February 22nd, 2019! For a limited time you can receive a free copy of Anthem with the purchase of select GeForce RTX graphics cards, laptops and PCs as part of our new Game On bundle

funo

Oct 27, 2017
I still like what I am seeing but man .... I'm getting really weird vibes from everything that has been shown about Anthem so far...
I cannot explain it, this game looks like it could be perfect for me, I really want to be hyped but ... I'm not?!

Will wait for the PC demo, I guess.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
"We are working with Nvidia to bring DLSS technology to Anthem"

No mention of RTX, Ray Tracing is dead.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great visually. Is there a trailer that focuses on its story? Havent really followed this yet. I know it can be played multiplayer but can i also play it single like an adventure/action game?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looks great visually. Is there a trailer that focuses on its story? Havent really followed this yey. I know it can be played multiplayer but can i also play it single like an adventure/action game?
At the moment the developer streams have dealt with loot, customization, Strongholds (Dungeons) etc. I am hoping story gets a stream Jan time to flesh it out a little more.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Looks great visually. Is there a trailer that focuses on its story? Havent really followed this yet. I know it can be played multiplayer but can i also play it single like an adventure/action game?

My biggest problem with this game is how badly single player gonna be, they focusing so much on "play as a group" but this is coming from the studio that made KOTR and ME... Yet I bet the single player experience will be horrible

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Hype levels rising to unreasonable levels (and hooray for announced DLSS support).

My biggest problem with this game is how badly single player gonna be, they focusing so much on "play as a group" but this is coming from the studio that made KOTR and ME... Yet I bet the single player experience will be horrible

"Playing solo will be bad, because it will be bad" is a bit of a weird stance, no?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Another trailer that looks like the same like most of the other stuff that they put out.

It really feels like the game gonna be 10 different jungle missions that almost look the same in terms of environment variety.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Hype levels rising to unreasonable levels (and hooray for announced DLSS support).

"Playing solo will be bad, because it will be bad" is a bit of a weird stance, no?

The reason I'm saying this is because Bioware themselves said it won't be as enjoyable as in group, that's what has me worried and gets me red flags all around me

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Another trailer that looks like the same like most of the other stuff that they put out.

It really feels like the game gonna be 10 different jungle missions that almost look the same in terms of environment variety.

Yeah, that's my main concern so far with it. Everything has looked the same. It's a big reason I'm in wait and see mode with the game, Destiny has such beautiful and different environments that it would be a shame if everything looks the same in this game.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

I think there are a couple of story trailer.
Based on Destiny, MHW, and Division, it's most definitely can be enjoyed solo.

Nvidia description is wrong then

The one showed in the majority of the video is a Ranger (shock mace melee). Not sure about the other one (the flying one), but it looks like Interceptor.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

It's online focused game and even a dev from BioWare said the single player player probably won't be as rewarding as playing it with your friends.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Except this is online focus than rather optional, content is build around you being grouped
Since the game ships with like 7 difficulties that you can change in the open world and before a mission afaik I expect the lower difficulties to be both easy and enjoyable to play solo. They've said as much. The only thing you can't do is the strongholds.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I still like what I am seeing but man .... I'm getting really weird vibes from everything that has been shown about Anthem so far...
I cannot explain it, this game looks like it could be perfect for me, I really want to be hyped but ... I'm not?!

I have the exact same feeling.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Came for the new Javelin, left disappointed.

I've seen this attitude thrown around a lot. I have no idea why.

Yes it's the studio that did KotOR and ME, but nothing about this game has really tried to describe it as a tight SP narrative experience. There have been bold claims about the quality of the story, the whole "Our world. My Story" idea but anyone who's expecting anything like ME or KotoR simply hasn't paid attention to the game.

They're selling it as a Destiny/Division-like with a greater emphasis on story. Of course it's going to be better as a group.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Came for the new Javelin, left disappointed.

I've seen this attitude thrown around a lot. I have no idea why.

Yes it's the studio that did KotOR and ME, but nothing about this game has really tried to describe it as a tight SP narrative experience. There have been bold claims about the quality of the story, the whole "Our world. My Story" idea but anyone who's expecting anything like ME or KotoR simply hasn't paid attention to the game.

What is a bit funny to me as a long-time fan is that many of these complaints ("it is not a rpg" "too much action" etc.) from Mass Effect or KotOR fans are the same complaints we saw from Baldur's Gate fans when they first started doing games like Jade Empire or Mass Effect. History repeats yet again...

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"We are working with Nvidia to bring DLSS technology to Anthem"

No mention of RTX, Ray Tracing is dead.

With all the Water and reflective surfaces Ray Traced reflections would probably tank performance badly.
But it is supported by the Frostbite engine so I wouldnt be shocked if they announce RTX features down the line or patch the features in, since Nvidia went on and on about how "easy" it is to setup RTX to work in engine.

I still want to see Anthem with RTX Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion, Global Illumination, Shadows and Reflections High running at 4K+ DLSS on RTX Titans NV Link'd

If I win the lottery im so in.

Is the 9900K the best gaming processor money can buy or are any of the new threadrippers actually better gaming wise?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018

Yeah I'm the same. It should be perfect for me, everything is exactly what I want and yet I'm watching these videos and leaving feeling underwhelmed.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Fuck, they`re doing that 7-days-earlier-with-premier-shit again...

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

I feel the same but I think figured it out what it is for me. Its a Bioware game. Like honestly, if this game was developed by anyone else, I would be 100% on board but because its a Bioware game it just feel so damn weird and out of place. Like this game is almost coming out and I have absolutely no interest in the story of the game (which again, is weird for Bioware game) but on the other hand I freaking love how the game looks and how the traversal works.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so say if i start an EA access month on 25th i can play the demo and the first 10 hours?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
New Javelins will be saved for later content. Way too early to start sneaking in new stuff.

Deleted member 12177

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the Water and reflective surfaces Ray Traced reflections would probably tank performance badly.
But it is supported by the Frostbite engine so I wouldnt be shocked if they announce RTX features down the line or patch the features in, since Nvidia went on and on about how "easy" it is to setup RTX to work in engine.

I still want to see Anthem with RTX Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion, Global Illumination, Shadows and Reflections High running at 4K+ DLSS on RTX Titans NV Link'd

If I win the lottery im so in.

Is the 9900K the best gaming processor money can buy or are any of the new threadrippers actually better gaming wise?

No one should be buying a thread ripper for gaming. They're not designed for that.

A 2700x can work, which is Ryzen but 9900k is the best option negating price differences. Let's see what AMD shows at CES though.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Visually, it doesn't look like shit. I just don't see myself playing it tbh. Destiny style games are not my thing.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
so say if i start an EA access month on 25th i can play the demo and the first 10 hours?

Yeah as long as your EA Access is active you will be able to play the 10 hours....even if you only purchase 1 month of it.

Hell if you have multiple accounts on your Xbox you could play 10 x as many accounts as you have on the console, because the EA Access membership is shared with every account on console.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Having been part of the alpha, I can confirm there actually is a story. I can't specifically say how much of one. But it's absolutely there.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What i do has usual is. I get EA Access just before the vip demo. So i can play it. Then pre order the game digital with that 10% discount because of EA Access. Then play the 10 hours trials also.
At the end its win win. I get to play earlier (demo and full game) and with the discount its overall cheaper.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah as long as your EA Access is active you will be able to play the 10 hours....even if you only purchase 1 month of it.

Hell if you have multiple accounts on your Xbox you could play 10 x as many accounts as you have on the console, because the EA Access membership is shared with every account on console.

Oh. even better. Though i never really did use my trial on xbox . i just realized its free.
I'll have no problems buying it if by some miracle im not bored at the end of the trial/beta.

Edit : also xbox uses regional pricing for this so i can find it even cheaper

Last edited:

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

the heck is this? are there melee skill trees or something?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark

They have yet to show you the full vertical slice and reward loop.

First trailer: "Guys get quest in Fort Tarsis, take off in suit, mysteriously fly off into some storm event we don't see." You: "What happens then??"
Second showing: "You can fly and there's combat and all that jazz! There's a boss!"
Next: "Let's walk around in Fort Tarsis."

It's like Destiny. You're sitting and wondering "how does this sustain itself for potentially years? What is the catch? Is this ALL it is?"