User requested account closure
- Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: If the alpha isn't letting you find a server, then check the sessions you were approved for on this site:
Find out what you need to know about the Anthem™ Closed Alpha and how to join EA’s Community Playtesting program.
What’s a Closed Alpha?
It’s an opportunity for you to check out Anthem but we’ll also be adjusting things like matchmaking and server load on the fly.
These Community Playtests are more limited than what we want to share in the pre-launch demos. All of these factors combined mean that we’re making access to our Playtests limited, which is where the “closed” part of the name comes from.
When is it?
The Anthem Closed Alpha is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It runs from December 8-9, 2018. There are multiple sessions across the two days, you can play in one or in all of them, but you can only sign up to play on one device (PC, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One).
How do I register and sign up for the Closed Alpha?
This Community Playtest is organized by the EA Community Playtesting team. Places are limited, and sign ups close end of day December 3, 2018.
Here’s how to sign up:
If you have any questions about how Community Playtesting works, check out the Community Playtesting FAQ.
- Head to the EA Community Playtesting site.
- Sign in with your EA Account.
- Choose your platform, and let us know when you want to play. Once your choices are completed, click Submit.
- Signing up does not guarantee you’ll be invited to take part, it’s on a first come first served basis.
- If you’re in, you’ll see a confirmation on the Community Playtesting site and you’ll get an email from us letting you know how to download the Anthem Closed Alpha game client.
What if there’s no room left in the Closed Alpha?
If our sessions for a particular device are full, you can still sign up on a waitlist. We can’t promise that everyone on the waitlist will be able to join. Once the Community Playtest has started, check your email to see if we’ve sent you instructions to download the Anthem Closed Alpha client.
You can also check your status on the Community Playtesting site to see if it has changed.
Can I pre-download the Closed Alpha?
Yes. If you’re registered for a Community Playtest, you’ll get an email with instructions to download the client for the Closed Alpha before it begins.
I have Origin Access, EA Access, or I pre-ordered Anthem. Can I join the Closed Alpha?
If you’d like to join the Closed Alpha, you’ll need to sign up for it – the Closed Alpha isn’t tied to pre-orders or EA Access/Origin Access membership.
If you have Origin Access (Basic or Premier), EA Access, or you pre-ordered Anthem, you’ll still get VIP access to a pre-launch demo. Find out more about the pre-launch demo here.
Can EA Advisors add me to the Closed Alpha?
No, EA Advisors cannot add you to the Anthem Closed Alpha or to any of the Community Playtests.
We can only help invited players with downloading or installing the Closed Alpha game client.
What if I want to report issues?
To report issues, please go to the Closed Alpha forums on Answers HQ and sign in on the EA Account you’re using for the Community Playtest.
Can I share or stream content from the Closed Alpha?
There are strict non-disclosure requirements in place for EA Community Playtesting. If you are invited to a Community Playtest you must not talk about, stream, or otherwise share information about the game you are playing with anyone.
Everything in the Anthem Closed Alpha is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. This means no posting or sharing on social media or anywhere else, however, feel free to privately share the registration link to a small number of trusted family and friends.
What you can do:
Anything else I need to know?
- Share the link to the EA Community Playtesting site with your family and friends so that they can sign up for Community Playtesting themselves.
- Use the hidden forums on Answers HQ to share your experiences and feedback with the developers and other players.
- The Closed Alpha is online only, you must have an internet connection to play.
- The Closed Alpha is only available in English.
- You must be 18 or older to take part in our Community Playtests.
- PlayStation Plus membership is required to take part on PlayStation4.
- Xbox Live Gold membership is required to take part on Xbox One.
- The build we are making available is limited and does not represent the final version of the game.
- Progress you make in the Closed Alpha does not carry forward from Community Playtest to Community Playtest, or to the game at launch.