• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
So i was selected by chance and they just screwed up? E-mail should have said "You have been invited to waste your time all day to press F5". Super disappointed now. Still can't sign up got to click on the par beta page and the field is empty with a next button....

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Just finally got to finish through quick bursts of it being online. Shits probably filled though. Last time I trust an EA email.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting for a game that a lot of people on this site think is gonna bomb
469.gif
lol I see people who have been fearmongering about this game's death trying to sign up on this thread
people are funny

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been in the closed sessions for both Destiny and The Division, hopefully I'll be in here too as the main thing of a loot shooter (to me) is how smooth, fun, comfortable it feels to traverse and battle, as that is what I'll be doing most of the time. Happy to give feedback on that if they pick me up.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to enter but forgot my EA password lol. Guess I'll just wait for early access. I'm not resetting my forgotten password for a day or two of playtime.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
lol I see people who have been fearmongering about this game's death trying to sign up on this thread
people are funny

I guess it's not within the realm of your reality people want to try before they buy? Even if there's a demo coming in early Feb.

Jut like FO76, I'm glad they did a pre-order "demo" that I could cancel and get a refund with.
I love FO, I am less hyped but still excited for Anthem; but that doesn't mean I'm not blind to signs I've seen so many times before.

I will again take any opportunity to see how the game fares before buying, I don't want to solely rely on reviews if it ends up being good and miss playing with the few friends I've got that play games.
That and reviews don't always correlate to what I like and dislike, by their nature.

But yeah, keep on thinking people who are fearmongering aren't instead just worried people who want the game to succeed because that's impossible, surely people can only love or hate something and nothing in between. /s.
Like it hasn't happened a hundred times the last few decades before. (hyperbole but you get it)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
signed up for 1x. normally I wouldn't do this for free but im curious to see how the near complete version is since I have it preordered from a few years ago.

OP
OP
Deleted member 11093

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's not within the realm of your reality people want to try before they buy? Even if there's a demo coming in early Feb.

Jut like FO76, I'm glad they did a pre-order "demo" that I could cancel and get a refund with.
I love FO, I am less hyped but still excited for Anthem; but that doesn't mean I'm not blind to signs I've seen so many times before.

I will again take any opportunity to see how the game fares before buying, I don't want to solely rely on reviews if it ends up being good and miss playing with the few friends I've got that play games.
That and reviews don't always correlate to what I like and dislike, by their nature.

But yeah, keep on thinking people who are fearmongering aren't instead just worried people who want the game to succeed because that's impossible, surely people can only love or hate something and nothing in between. /s.
Like it hasn't happened a hundred times the last few decades before. (hyperbole but you get it)
I knew that F76 was a terrible game just from watching a few of the footage they released after it was revealed, I'm surprised that it took people actually buying it to see that it was a bad game, I figured that the game wasn't for me and moved on with my life, forgetting it ever came out or had a beta in the first place.

My comment wasn't toward people who want the game to be a success but are worried about it (If you check my posts history in regards to Anthem, you'd see that I'm one of these people), but was aimed at people who deemed this game as failure the moment it was announced and now they're trying to get into a tech-test, that's just hilarious to me, are they trolling? Are they genuinely interested in Anthem but they've spent so much time getting outraged at video games it's become the norm for them? I don't know. I mean you said it yourself, there's a demo coming eventually that's tied up to pre-orders where people could just cancel it after getting their code without wasting the time of their day to get into a tech-test for a game that's apparently just a boring third person shooter.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I love most BioWare games and I love destiny. This game could be great for me. Signed up just want to try it before I buy. After the last mass effect, don't want to get burnt again.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So because this sign up was never meant to be made public, the people who actually received invitation emails for it (like myself) have not been able to complete the registration all day.

Awesome.

And for those worried about the servers:

They can't be that naive. Millions will rush to sign up for a Barbie Pony Groomer Online alpha/beta if given the opportunity.

I know it's controversial to say. But the industry needs something like this to be a true Destiny Killer. There needs to be stuff competition from a real flushed out ARPG title in this sector.
That could only lead to great things for Destiny fans and Destiny 3.

Deleted member 4072

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I signed up as soon as Shinobi tweeted it, site was smooth then before it crashed. Got no email yet though.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Can someone tell me what feeling a sense of ownership means of what motivates you to play a game?

Do they mean your created character or something???

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
huh, when i signed up and selected times and dates it didn't even say pending lol. It seemed like it just said confirmed.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They can't be that naive. Millions will rush to sign up for a Barbie Pony Groomer Online alpha/beta if given the opportunity.

That could only lead to great things for Destiny fans and Destiny 3.
I think I've just been playing with/encounter a lot of ride or die Destiny fans. My playgroup who bought me Forsaken (because I was feeling burned, some welcome improvements but same core issues) are basically all, I'm not interested because I have Destiny. But the underlying message is the uncomfortableness that if something is better, it means wasted time/enagement etc. Which, is sad, because if they had fun, then they had fun.

I'm a variety gamer so it's always odd there's so many single title/genre focused people for me.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I think I've just been playing with/encounter a lot of ride or die Destiny fans. My playgroup who bought me Forsaken (because I was feeling burned, some welcome improvements but same core issues) are basically all, I'm not interested because I have Destiny. But the underlying message is the uncomfortableness that if something is better, it means wasted time/enagement etc. Which, is sad, because if they had fun, then they had fun.

I'm a variety gamer so it's always odd there's so many single title/genre focused people for me.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone actually gotten a confirmation that they're in?

registrations just closed yesterday and knowing how smashed the site got it sounds like a ton of people probably were not even supposed to get in or know the link according to an article. So, probably won't get confirmations till thursday or even friday

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Apparently we'll know about confirmation after game awards, also the forge will disabled as this is a stress test. Bioware will also be doing more press and sharing more so hopefully story stuff, loot and endgame. I dunno how to tweet.

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I got done registering last week I never received an email or anything. Guess we'll see. And otherwise we'll always have the demo before release.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently we'll know about confirmation after game awards, also the forge will disabled as this is a stress test. Bioware will also be doing more press and sharing more so hopefully story stuff, loot and endgame. I dunno how to tweet.

Did you get this info from a tweet? Mind linking (if so)?

Oct 27, 2017
I never signed up for anything and got an email the other day that I was invited to test it out on PC. Hopefully it's good and not like destiny. I'll be playing on Saturday if I remember correctly.

Edit: preliading now