• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
šŸ
Resolution scale works if you put it in the config file : Documents\BioWare\AnthemDemo\Settings\ProfileOptions_profile (open it in notepad)

Put this line in the file :

Code:
GstRender.ResolutionScale 0.800000
0.8 being 80% of the selected resolution.

You can also adjust the HDR peak with this line :
Code:
GstRender.Hdr10PeakLuma 0.400000
0.4 is 4000 nits, 0.1 (1000) is the default one.

And maybe disable HDR with this line (did not try it, much better with HDR) :
Code:
GstRender.HdrEnabled 0
With 80% of 4K and settings lowered to high I can almost get 60 fps on a 2080 Ti but it still tanks badly during combat. At least the traversal is smooth.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
So I turned off chromatic aberration and motion blur in the options menu but it seems both effects are still present to a certain degree. Setting post process-effects to low helps a little bit with motion blur but it`s still there.
Any way to to turn these effects completely off?

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Anthem just further cements my belief that Bioware needs to get out from under EA and away from the Frostbite Engine.

Maybe Epic can buy them, lol.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played some more and now I'm certain this is one of the worst AAA ports I've seen in a long time. If they release the game in this state it will be DoA on PC.

I am playing on a 1080Ti and a 4K screen, while obviously I wasn't expecting locked 60FPS at full 4K, I thought certainly 1800p will be fine. Nope, not a chance. Then I lowered to 1440p and while at first it seemed to be 60FPS lock, once I got into heavy firefights FPS tanked way below 60. I had to lower resolution all the way to 1080p to get 60FPS lock. Again, this is on a 1080Ti. Unbelievable.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Have to remember it's like 25fps on consoles too the optimization either isn't there yet or that's how the game is going to be :(, 1080p is prob the best compromise now to get consistent performance unless you have a gsync screen ofc

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have to remember it's like 25fps on consoles too the optimization either isn't there yet or that's how the game is going to be :(, 1080p is prob the best compromise now to get consistent performance unless you have a gsync screen ofc
That's not an excuse. Destiny 2 is 30FPS on consoles yet it performs beautifully on a wide range of PC hardware, including low end components like a GTX1050.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I turned off chromatic aberration and motion blur in the options menu but it seems both effects are still present to a certain degree. Setting post process-effects to low helps a little bit with motion blur but it`s still there.
Any way to to turn these effects completely off?
Chromatic aberrations come back after game restart, you have to enable/disable it each time.

Motion blur is tied to post-process settings in this build, it won't in the final game.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Lol it crashed on me again, but less than 5 minutes of gameplay even...

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
The UI is atrocious in general, not just on PC. I play with a controller on PC and its still awful. Needs a complete redesign.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Installed it yesterday, played for an hour, uninstalled it.

1440p, Ultra settings. I didn't have a FPS meter on screen, but if I had to guess, I'd say it spent most of its time in the 40s, up into the 50s if nothing was going on. Maybe lower here and there based on what I deemed "too much motion blur", meaning it was dealing with lower framerate. I have G-sync, so it stayed smooth more or less throughout except for occasional straight up dips where it held for a quarter second or so, loading or whatever.

i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and a GTX-1080. Both my CPU and HDD were maxxed out the entire time the game was running, so it was clearly struggling, CPU-bound (I know I'm using an old-ass CPU), and constantly streaming data from the hard drive.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I just uninstalled it, I hope the full game is more stable and runs better too.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Installed it yesterday, played for an hour, uninstalled it.

1440p, Ultra settings. I didn't have a FPS meter on screen, but if I had to guess, I'd say it spent most of its time in the 40s, up into the 50s if nothing was going on. Maybe lower here and there based on what I deemed "too much motion blur", meaning it was dealing with lower framerate. I have G-sync, so it stayed smooth more or less throughout except for occasional straight up dips where it held for a quarter second or so, loading or whatever.

i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and a GTX-1080. Both my CPU and HDD were maxxed out the entire time the game was running, so it was clearly struggling, CPU-bound (I know I'm using an old-ass CPU), and constantly streaming data from the hard drive.

The demo straight up performs worse on HDDs. I was constantly getting terrible stutter/dips when it was streaming in assets. Moved it to an SSD and it was much better.

And even with a much better CPU than yours I still can't get consistent performance. This demo is just poorly optimized.

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
When I tried the VIP demo I had a gtx670 and the game barely ran, Ive replaced it since with a rx580 and when I started up the game with low settings it ran just as bad which made me believe for a second that the game was unplayable.
Though I noticed the physics going crazy so I set the options to ultra to see if it changes anything about the physics and it actually made the game playable for me, as in, I can play with like 40-60fps

I had fun with the game but it feels really unfinished and buggy.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
1440p and turning on adaptive vsync in NVCP makes it a mostly steady 60 fps for me on my 2070. It's all maxed out except for post processing on medium. Not too happy with the performance but the most important part is disabling the games vsync as it's double buffered. This game drops below 60 once a large explosion or a bunch of particle effects/combination of the two are on screen and since that happens quite often you do not want double buffered vsync, the very common plummeting framerates to 30 are harsh.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
i5 6600k
16gb RAM
GTX 970

I've mostly played on 1080p medium with no issues, but I tried it on Ultra settings today.
Fort Tarsis chugs a bit, but it's surprisingly tolerable in the game world. No idea what my frame rate is though.
The shadows are nice in this stormy weather.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OC'd 1080ti and 6700k, 16Gb RAM.
1440p GSync max settings except blur and grain off. Mostly ranging between 60-90fps, occasional dips below during the busiest moments. Nothing serious, the network issues and rubber-banding are, however.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
its surprising how much it taxes the cpu. Puts my 7700k at 100% usage along my gpu for the first 10 minutes or so after launching the game then the cpu stays at 55%-ish. No idea how they managed to put that game on the consoles' ancients cpus.

Troublematic

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This seemed like a step back from Bioware's previous Frostbite titles as far as graphics options go. Maybe they'll have more for the final release, I'd at least hope for an internal rendering resolution slider. Also the lack of triple buffered vsync was a weird omission. I guess you can do borderless, but that's using windows native resolution and HDR didn't seem to work with it. I'm not getting this game so it's no skin off my back, but it is disappointing to see Bioware put less effort on the PC version than in their previous titles.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
I hope these issues are resolved in the final build or things could get bad quick.
If not a delay is needed.

Last edited:

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
This seemed like a step back from Bioware's previous Frostbite titles as far as graphics options go. Maybe they'll have more for the final release, I'd at least hope for an internal rendering resolution slider. Also the lack of triple buffered vsync was a weird omission. I guess you can do borderless, but that's using windows native resolution and HDR didn't seem to work with it. I'm not getting this game so it's no skin off my back, but it is disappointing to see Bioware put less effort on the PC version than in their previous titles.
Honestly, the game runs like crap on consoles too, so this just feels like rushed on all platforms.

Nov 16, 2017
Birmingham, AL
6700k and an OC'd RTX 2080 - Set it at 4k and more or less max settings but AA off. Full screen tanked the framerate something fierce so borderless windowed mode was what I rolled with.

Average FPS hovered in the low to mid 50's with fairly frequent dips down to mid 40's but they weren't nearly as distracting as the hitching and low FPS I experienced on my 1X. That was rough.

GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0
GstRender.ResolutionHeight 2160
GstRender.ResolutionWidth 3840
GstRender.SetAutodetectedQuality 1
GstRender.UI_AmbientOcclusion 2
GstRender.UI_AntiAliasing 0
GstRender.UI_ChromaticAberration 1
GstRender.UI_DepthOfField 1
GstRender.UI_EffectsQuality 2
GstRender.UI_GraphicsQuality 4
GstRender.UI_LightingQuality 3
GstRender.UI_MeshQuality 3
GstRender.UI_MotionBlur 0
GstRender.UI_PostProcessQuality 2
GstRender.UI_TerrainQuality 3
GstRender.UI_TextureFiltering 3
GstRender.UI_TextureQuality 3
GstRender.UI_VegetationQuality 2
GstRender.VSyncEnabled 1
GstRender.VideoOptionsInitialized 1
GstRender.WindowBordersEnable 0
GstRender.autodetectedQuality 3

I hope they have smoothed out performance of the game by launch without sacrificing any more visual quality. I hate to use the word downgrade but the visual disparity between the initial reveal and what we have now is staggering. At the very least I hope we can use color grading to fix the washed out look it seems to have.

I had zero intentions of buying the game at launch but my GPU came with a code for the game so I guess I wont be too chapped if the game still needs work at launch.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
i7 4790k
16 GB ram
RTX 2070

The game runs at 55-60 playing 1080p Ultra, but when it started to rain (during the mech boss fight) it went down to 30-40. Rain destroys the game (both in performance and visually, as it makes everything really hard to see). Really disappointed at the performance and the lack of overall polish.