• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Can't wait to buy colored chem trails for my guardian or whatever he will be called. This will be a GaaS and it's prime for MTS no matter what the devs say, EA will have the final say and will not leave money on the table.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Micro-transactions make too much money for these publishers. It is a fact. Anthem will be knee deep in them due to it. Especially when you see what Activision/WB is currently doing and even after getting the historical update from Jim Sterling on Dead Space series, where I even forgot how EA implemented transactions very early in that series as well.

Anthem is going to be gross on the micro-transactions front for sure.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are going to Battlefront 2 the shit out of this thing. No way it isn't filled to the brim with lootboxes, overpaid 2 hour expansions and microtransactions.

May still be a neat game under all that though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It would benefit them to be aggressive in avoiding the same mistakes as Destiny Year 1 and The Division before they even think about adding microtransactions but I don't see that happening.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Mass Effect 3 one of the first, if not first game to use loot boxes? Back then it was a different time and I remember grinding Platinum (Gold before last DLC) matches to get credits but I knew people who would spend $50+ buying Premium Spectre Packs

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind lootboxes/crates so as long as they're implemented in an unobtrusive way and only contain superficial things. As long as character progression isn't dependent on purchasing them, why do I have to concern myself with? If people want to buy loot boxes, that's they're business and if they're mature enough to play the game, they're mature enough to make their own decisions concerning their money and the lootboxes.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Don't trust EA in the least. The second Anthem is confirmed to be a paid free-to-play game, I'm out.

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All I think when I see this stuff is "remember horse armour?"

What I wouldn't give to go back to those days.