• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Javelin preference

• Ranger

Votes: 191 17.8%
  • Colossus

Votes: 253 23.5%
  • Storm

Votes: 366 34.0%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 266 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
If anyone's still wondering if I'm freaking out about the star icon fiasco from yesterday, I am not, Ben confirmed on Twitter the old Detonator icon is completely gone - so the gameplay video yesterday must have been a mix of different builds as it had both. But my V0.2.1 version of the chart is still accurate and current - good stuff.

And of course the current version of the chart can be found here:
RkZAyMi.jpg

MINOR UPDATE to the Damage Chart. The Detonator icon is updated across the board. The discrepancy in the video we saw today was because they rolled the UI updates out on a per Javelin Basis and this star symbol is the new detonator symbol across the board.
I posted this on reddit too and ended up getting Reddit gold so people must like it.

As I've previously mentioned this is the chart going into the demo - no further updates. But come day one of the demo I'll be collecting screenshots of every single ability in the menu (so it shows name, element and if it primes/detonates) and adding all of that new/recent info into the chart and then releasing a 1.0 version of the chart.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That legendary contract showing was pretty great and probably their best to see how high level gameplay is, though sad there doesn't seem to be much need for tanking and everything is about doing damage.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
That legendary contract showing was pretty great and probably their best to see how high level gameplay is, though sad there doesn't seem to be much need for tanking and everything is about doing damage.
I mean they had some issues with... death. A few times. If the colossus had its taunt support ability (and had components speccing into it) it could have tanked and then the others could have all dished our damage simultaneously. It wasn't the most organised display of the combat loop but it still showed off the difficulty and some fights against tougher/different enemies than they'd shown before.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean they had some issues with... death. A few times. If the colossus had its taunt support ability (and had components speccing into it) it could have tanked and then the others could have all dished our damage simultaneously. It wasn't the most organised display of the combat loop but it still showed off the difficulty and some fights against tougher/different enemies than they'd shown before.
How does the taunt work? Is it an AoE skill or single target and how long does it last? Also, how much damage can the Colossus' shield actually absorb?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
How does the taunt work? Is it an AoE skill or single target and how long does it last? Also, how much damage can the Colossus' shield actually absorb?
The taunt is a support ability, it's AoE and seems to be quite wide in its reach to taunt enemies. We didn't see how long it lasted as the video ended but enough for the interceptor to get in and do some damage. The colossus' shield can really take a beating and you can get components and equip them that will make the shield have even more health so it can tank more damage too. The downside to the colossus' shield is the fact that it leaves your back and sides open to direct attack to your health bar.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
I can't understand what the Legion of Dawn edition adds to the game. Is it new suits or additional loot? Are these exclusive to the LoD edition? Is it even worth the extra $20?

Also, has anyone bought a digital game via Best Buy? Got a gift card from Xmas, think about getting the digital version there.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I can't understand what the Legion of Dawn edition adds to the game. Is it new suits or additional loot? Are these exclusive to the LoD edition? Is it even worth the extra $20?

Also, has anyone bought a digital game via Best Buy? Got a gift card from Xmas, think about getting the digital version there.
The LoD version of the game includes Legion of the Dawn Cosmetic Armor for every Javelin, a Ranger Legendary Gear Attachment and 1 weapon (the weapon is also apart of the pre-order bonus for the game too) and you get the Digital Soundtrack too. It's worth nothing this cosmetic LoD armor is not available ingame any other way than through the LoD edition - it's exclusive.

Other pre-order incentives include: Founders player banner, VIP Demo access.
GrogkFx.png

OP
OP
Datajoy

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

You get four armor sets, one for each javelin and three of which are exclusive to the LOD edition. You also get a weapon and a gear piece which I assume are not exclusive but im not sure. Whether or not it's worth it is kinda up to you!

Edit: comprehensively beat!

xxx shiv xxx

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
I've been back and forth on this between XB1 vs PS4, but I have a one month EA Access code so I think I'll just go ahead and redeem that to get the VIP demo and then preorder the LOD edition for my XB1X to see it in the best possible way being sans PC. Hopefully The XB1 gets a strong following for this.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are there any images/info about the LoD skins and weapons? I may purchase the LoD version depending on if I like them. If not I'll just save my $20.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Who here is getting this on PC?
Who here is playing with a controller on PC?

This guy right here is.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Who here is getting this on PC?
Who here is playing with a controller on PC?

This guy right here is.
I will also be on PC. I'm being pulled towards controller too, it just seems like the way to go. You don't need to be super precise, auto-aim is kind enough and I've heard from multiple sources that flying feels better on a controller.
Are there any images/info about the LoD skins and weapons? I may purchase the LoD version depending on if I like them. If not I'll just save my $20.
Here's the two images of the armor and weapon you get that I've seen. I believe if you just preorder the game in general you get the LoD armor for the ranger and the weapon anyway.
anthem-legion-of-dawn-armor-1215.png

anthem-legion-of-dawn-weapon-1215.png

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If this is like every other loot game, that Legion of Dawn stuff will be used for a day and dumped for better looking gear. Pass on that.

Anthem is doing similar thing as e.g. WarFrame, looks are separated from your "gear" / stats.

You can play FashionFrame Lite in Anthem with looks of your gear while equipping that latest masterwork leet gear you just looted from instance.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I know about all the crazy customisation you can do but with gear also have a "default designed look"? I'm not all that big into vanity stuff and generally just like wearing the gear in games as is so hope that the gear you get is more then just "change it to whatever you want".

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
this may be the first game that will make me add people to my barren Origin friends list

yeah, don't know about controller though i still can't aim for shit with it
i'll probably decide during the demo
Ditto. Hoping to add as many people to my origin friends list as possible.

There's a good amount of sticky/auto-aim with controller but I'm going to try both K&M and Controller in the demo and make a choice then.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Interesting. I will be sure to hand mine on to people that want them. Once they say how they will make them available.

I am on the fence about this game so I will either try to get VIP access or just wait for the open play. But its really cool that they are giving a team codes.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
We need to make a plan before the demo. We start making a chart that has era username, platform and ID. I suggest iFirez makes it because he's brilliant. That's ofcourse if you have time and willing to do it

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ditto. Hoping to add as many people to my origin friends list as possible.

There's a good amount of sticky/auto-aim with controller but I'm going to try both K&M and Controller in the demo and make a choice then.

I'm somewhat torn at this point, I'll likely grab it on PS4 as some of my old MMO Guildies/Desinty Clan will be playing there, I would prefer Xbox since I have an X, yet others of my old guildies would prefer PC. Should I end up on PC I'll like a decent friendlist as well, you the same on origin as here iFirez, as I'll add you if I may. :)

Also great stuff with the graphic, can't offer and reddit gold, but can doff my cap :)

Go for it! I'll add everyone :D

As Above Jorgie, I may end up on Xbox myself, have sent a FR in case. I've also sent you an invite to the XBL Era club, instant large friendslist :D

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
We need to make a plan before the demo. We start making a chart that has era username, platform and ID. I suggest iFirez makes it because he's brilliant. That's ofcourse if you have time and willing to do it
If we want to do this, creating a google sheet or something similar to begin with, is the best route so that we have a list - then I can fancy it up and design something. There's some people on the AnthemEra discord already that have listed their username and platform - if we assume their discord name are their era names then we have some data there to begin with.
(3 data sets: Era Name - Platform Username/Gamertag - Platform)
So for example for me it would be:
iFirez - FireDragon04 - PC (Origin)

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
If we want to do this, creating a google sheet or something similar to begin with, is the best route so that we have a list - then I can fancy it up and design something. There's some people on the AnthemEra discord already that have listed their username and platform - if we assume their discord name are their era names then we have some data there to begin with.
(3 data sets: Era Name - Platform Username/Gamertag - Platform)
So for example for me it would be:
iFirez - FireDragon04 - PC (Origin)
I'm not into discord much tbh so I didn't know about that
Flight being limited has completely turned me off.
No it's a great thing. Being able to manage all your abilities is something nice and makes the game more fun and challenging. Where's the fun in flying the whole time and the enemies can't reach you? That would've turned me off really

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not into discord much tbh so I didn't know about that

No it's a great thing. Being able to manage all your abilities is something nice and makes the game more fun and challenging. Where's the fun in flying the whole time and the enemies can't reach you? That would've turned me off really

They premiered this game with the premise of flight being the backbone. I figured it would be designed with that in mind. Now, it's just a temporary movement mechanic in a typical 3rd person shooter loot game.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Totally sold out all copies wtf

Yea that was a head scratcher for me too when I was trying to preorder yesterday, did they really sell out of standard copies of the game or are they just not letting people preorder for fear of people cancelling once they get the beta code? Anywhoo, I ended up preordering through Best Buy and got a code immediately. Bring on the 25th!

Status
Not open for further replies.