• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Ralemont

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
4 dollars for an emote and 9 dollars for a skin is NOT okay.
Agreed but this is the norm for many video games in this generation. Both f2p and otherwise. I'll never pay for them but way too many people do which has allowed the devs to charge so much.

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
Wait in confused, I haven't been following Anthem too closley but isn't it wrong to sell cosmetics in a loot based game?
Isn't that the whole point of playing a loot based game?
Overwatch comparison doesn't work because I'm not playing OW to farm for loot.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
>paying f2p skin prices in a full-priced videogame

giphy.gif

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
We had a thread for the leaked image, so here's what Anthem's pricing actually is. Shards are bought at more or less a 100:1 conversion from US dollars, to give you an idea on prices.

k6fgsv122rg21.png

So, pricing is less than half what the leak showed. Epic armor skins are around $8.50 instead of 20, and emotes are $4, not 12.

Additionally, players start off with free coin (not Shards, but coin the in-game money which you can also use to buy these) in the range of 40k-200k (likely some mistakes in there, not sure what it's supposed to be), with 80k being shown above.

Edit: Removed since pricing was Canadian dollars which might be confusing.

USD here:

i0QQAFm.png

OP
OP
Ralemont

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Wait in confused, I haven't been following Anthem too closley but isn't it wrong to sell cosmetics in a loot based game?

Loot(weapons and armor items with actual stats) and skins are totally separate in Anthem. You can customize your look independent of what gear you are wearing.

Everything in the store is purely cosmetic.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its not loot. Skins etc dont drop in the world.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Siege earned it with 3+ years of stellar support.

No shit, the lauch was a disaster ( i bought Siege at day one)

Siege has MTX, lootboxes and on top of that a Season Pass, the monetization si agressive af compared to Anthem.

its the lesser evil compared to what anthem is doing. they took the free2play model and put it into a full price game

Forcing you to buy lootboxes or grind for a chance to get a skin is LESSER EVIL than buying the skin directly?

l m a o

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm old, I could never for the life of me pay 4$ for a fucking emote, of all things.

I definitely understand the feeling, but It's more for the people that are invested in the games. When you're planning on playing a game for months and months, investing a ton of time into your character, it becomes more appealing to spend a $ so you can add a new emote that you'd like to use, or unlock a new color option that will let you customize more. It's not really for the mindset of playing a game, finishing it, dropping it. It's for the people who get much more invested than that.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Paid loot in your loot game is always bad and always completely undermines the enitre game

there is no paid loot. You can only buy items that affect the look of your javelin with paid currency(shard) - and they can all be earned with in-game currency (coin), too.
Paid loot sucks should be free 2 play
See above.
eh its fine considering i paid 15€ for a overwatch skin twice but overwatch has 100% free content updates so its not comparable.
Anthem has free content updates. These cosmetics are how they are funding the ongoing game. Expansions - free - nobody gets left behind, no playerbase fragmentation.
4 dollars for an emote and 9 dollars for a skin is NOT okay.
Optional.
Some PC players have been getting multiples of 40k (highest I read was 200k) and multiple javelin unlocks at level 2.
Will the dlcs be free??
Yes

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get cool skins in game or are the best one's going to be paid? At least it's cosmetic I suppose.
It's still a paid cosmetic unlock in a game built around unlocking causmentics.

It's a bad idea.

But by all means if they want to try, make it free 2 play.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem too bad! I wonder how quickly we'll earn the in-game currency. I'm hoping it doesn't feel like a huge grind.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm okay with this. The purchases are cosmetic, the prices are more reasonable than the previous leak, currency can be earned in-game and you can buy what you want, with no loot box nonsense.

It remains to be seen how easy it is to actually accumulate the in-game currency, or if EA chooses to juice the prices in some way later on, but this implementation is relatively inoffensive, given our current reality.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
we are talking about cosmetics here not the kind of bullshit games like Battlefront 2 tried to pull
And it's also only cosmetic in Anthem, can be earned with in game currency, and no loot boxes, no paid expansions. Definitely better than anything priced 60$ with loot boxes aka Overwatch.
That poster is talking about the inherent nature of RNG loot boxes, not the content of the boxes.
Also this.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Just waiting on the legendary skin prices. I mean no one wants epic skins when there are legendary ones.

Perona

Oct 31, 2017
Loot and cosmetics are entirely separate in the game. You earn loot in the game but it doesn't change how your javelin looks.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How much is it to grind for them? 61000 coin sounds like it could be a lot.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
And it's also only cosmetic in Anthem, can be earned with in game currency, and no loot boxes, no paid expansions. Definitely better than anything priced 60$ with loot boxes aka Overwatch.

Also this.

im not buying it for a simple reason, EA. so excuse my scepticism. they gonna make you grind for it or pay for it.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I still think with the emphasis it will have on personalization of the player's suit that in a 60 dollar game MTX like these have no place. I will probably be okay once the game inevitably drops below 30 bucks in a few months though.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cosmetics that can be bought for in-game currency or actual money if you so choose. Same thing as Destiny. Therefore, who cares.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Prices seem fine to me overall at the moment. I think the real question is how hard is it to grind for those Coin totals? Seems like there's a lot of avenues to earn it though.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
When there is no stat on the skin, Legendary is not always better looking than the simple one.

I don't think I can recall skins with stats. None of the games I have played have skins with stats. Also I can barely recall a Epic skins being better looking than Legendary skins. On the rare occasion maybe but generally that isn't the case.