• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That Lore vid from Byf is pretty great. Looks like on Xbox One X also.
Also i love that the freelancer has a voice.

--

HospitableParallelAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

Oh hell yeah. As someone who played Vanguard in ME, this makes me very excited lol

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was the same content from various perspectives using various javelins. I think it's kind of cool to see Datto and his more technical take and then see Byf with his story takeaways. I'm pumped.

I mean it's just that at this point I really don't care about seeing gameplay of the 4 different classes in the game. Like, I get it, you got a big slow "tank", a floaty "spellcaster", a nimble "assasin", and an all rounder. That's fine and dandy, but we've already seen these things in action so many freaking times, it's not really that interesting to watch anymore.

Hearing "influencers", who got an all expenses paid trip, talk about about basic aspects of the game and mission I'm literally watching and have already seen also isn't really that interesting.

Nov 4, 2017
I just watched a few gameplay videos, and yikes. Everything looks weightless and floaty, nothing has any impact to it. Environments look totally generic. It's Destiny minus, you know, what makes Destiny good.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
A cool flying mechanic,nice flashy particle effects and style,but I find this game to be hollow on the inside from what I've seen so far.

Let's hope I'm wrong

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks extremely bland and devoid of any original content. Let's hope that what was shown in that first video isn't representative of the rest of the game otherwise it's going to be in the bargain bins faster than Falllout 76

I swear some of yall don't even try with these criticisms lmao. What even is this post.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's just that at this point I really don't care about seeing gameplay of the 4 different classes in the game. Like, I get it, you got a big slow "tank", a floaty "spellcaster", a nimble "assasin", and an all rounder. That's fine and dandy, but we've already seen these things in action so many freaking times, it's not really that interesting to watch anymore.

Hearing "influencers", who got an all expenses paid trip, talk about about basic aspects of the game and mission I'm literally watching and have already seen also isn't really that interesting.
Ignore the current presentations and play the free demo at months end.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait for reviews on this, because this is what I'm mostly interested in. If the game contains a full fledged Bioware RPG, im in. If it's more like Destiny, I'm out I guess.
You'll likely be disappointed if you're waiting on a full-fledged rpg. This from what I can tell is more of an ability-based action RPG with a focus on endgame loot and shoot. The story will likely fall somewhere between 15-20 hours long dependent upon who's playing and what they choose to do in terms of its overall content. In my personal opinion I think the story will be better and much more developed than that of Destiny with additionally expansive content post-launch for base cost. Maybe just wait it out a bit and see if it more properly aligns with something you'd enjoy.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched a few gameplay videos, and yikes. Everything looks weightless and floaty, nothing has any impact to it. Environments look totally generic. It's Destiny minus, you know, what makes Destiny good.
I don't know. Every time these javelins land I feel the weight of such. I've also seen variations in environmental design which I won't mention here. After 1,000 hours with D2 I'm wondering what you see that makes it any better. I'm on the complete opposite side of this spectrum I suppose. I can't wait for this as a new endeavor.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see how EA will butcher the available content and microtransactions this time. Can't be as bad Battlefront II's launch, can it?? .... Can it?!?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Can't wait to see how EA will butcher the available content and microtransactions this time. Can't be as bad Battlefront II's launch, can it?? .... Can it?!?

Anthem will have microtransactions but they will be cosmetic ONLY and all cosmetics will be earnable in-game without spending any money plus all story content will be free.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
"Weightless" and "impactless" are the last way I'd describe anything in this game. Seriously, the Javelins all feel extremely meaty and heavy and some of the abilities and explosions have so much impact that I think it might actually negatively affect gameplay a bit because there's too much going on visually. Are we looking at the same footage?

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no other environment besides this Horizon Zero Dawn type jungle? Was hoping we would get various sections of the map that were snow and other different stuff.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're about to steal Destiny's shine.
What shine? Did you miss the thread where Destiny 2's back to the lows it was at before Forsaken released? All the content they've released with the game's second season pass has sucked so far.

We'll see how this game turns out. As long as they release solid vanilla content, improve it post launch, and don't repeat mistakes with a sequel, they'll take Bungie's cake.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
If this game reviews well, Era will lose its shit.
Only way this board is drama free is if it scores in the 60s or 70s.

Feb 10, 2018
Looks like a mass effect andromoda but more shooter focus, with character flight but without a story.

Not for me.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a mass effect andromoda but more shooter focus, with character flight but without a story.

Not for me.
I don't know how you see Andromeda in this.

If this game reviews well, Era will lose its shit.
Only way this board is drama free is if it scores in the 60s or 70s.
EA's just had a bad recent history. Pretty sure people would be happy if they found their ground and turned themselves around like Ubisoft.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
What shine? Did you miss the thread where Destiny 2's back to the lows it was at before Forsaken released? All the content they've released with the game's second season pass has sucked so far.

We'll see how this game turns out. As long as they release solid vanilla content, improve it post launch, and don't repeat mistakes with a sequel, they'll take Bungie's cake.

For all it's fault Destiny has some mighty highs which is what keeps people coming back. I don't think Anthem will touch it in gameplay/gunplay but I do expect BioWare to deliver on a lot of other facets. I also hope they figure out the content loop. That said, BioWare has about 3-4 weeks to nail their landing before TD2 hits.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
That is what I need to know!
I'd say no as you'd need to group up for harder difficulties which ultimately yield the rewards that you want. Not to mention that you can't solo strongholds as of now. There's matchmaking for everything so if it's a matter of nobody to play with regularly that'll be alleviated.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Guy below talks about the characters in the game and other environments he saw (Desert, volcanic, etc) but couldn't show.
For those wondering about a story and diverse biomes.

Feb 10, 2018

I still reserve judgement on how deep the story will be and how varied the gameplay will be.

I'm getting vibes where the bulk of gameplay will shooting to gain xp. Similer to the division and destiny.

I find "go kill these things and gain xp" and now go kill these to get more xp" with some story cutscene interjected here or there. It just not my sort of thing, I find it very boring. It does look very pretty though.

Maybe I'm wrong and I will like it.

nosleep1138

Oct 25, 2017
For all it's fault Destiny has some mighty highs which is what keeps people coming back. I don't think Anthem will touch it in gameplay/gunplay but I do expect BioWare to deliver on a lot of other facets. I also hope they figure out the content loop. That said, BioWare has about 3-4 weeks to nail their landing before TD2 hits.
For me I think it's just a matter of the game having severely run it's course. I'm also not pleased with Black Armory and didn't agree with their charging another $35 on top of the $130 I already paid. After 1,000 hours the only thing I like to do is play gambit at this point. I'm ready for something new in Anthem.