• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Here in Denmark they simply sent the mail with the info on the day one patch and asked if we wanted to review the game later or not. We decided to push our review one week because I wanted to give our readers the most accurate description of the product they would be spending their hard earned money on.
How dare you.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's a fundamental disconnect between people's expectations and what the game has been advertised to be. The amount of complaining I've seen makes it sound worse than my own experience with the alpha.

The game has been marketed as an co-op loot shooter. The loot is bad. The shooting is bad. The co-op is functional but uninspired.

I do think that Bioware doesn't really know what the game is either, though, contributing to the severity of these issues.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Why? Care to elaborate?
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/aspzjb/day_one_patch_notes/

Summary:
People now having issues launching the game
Worse perfromance than pre patch
Loading times either not changing or getting worse(I think they may have just not changed)
Various crashing being reported.

How did EA manage to put out a game like Apex Legends?
Respawn has made it very clear that EA had no hand in Apex.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/aspzjb/day_one_patch_notes/

Summary:
People now having issues launching the game
Worse perfromance than pre patch
Loading times either not changing or getting worse(I think they may have just not changed)
Various crashing being reported.

Respawn has made it very clear that EA had no hand in Apex.
Wow that sucks. I hope Bioware can turn this game around. I am pretty interested in it but not in it's current state

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Haha we can't revive in the stronghold, day one patch people! full game! LOL.
Vid coming soon.
EDIT: here it is!

Last edited:

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
If the game got worse with the "Day 1" Patch then people who paid to play it earlier actually had a better experience and were not beta testers.

Thats a genius way to fix at least that complaint lmao

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
On Monday I fired up a game on console. Tried to play the next mission. Game crashed both times. I thought 'ok, I'll wait for the patch'. Oboy.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Performance does seem worse. Using 2080Ti at 4K and was averaging 60fps, but post-patch, in the high 40s.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Where's the lie, though?

People that bought in to play the game eight days early got saddled with a buggy mess of a game with broken progression and PS1-era loading times.
I noticed on pc, it kinda came down to your hard drive, on a solid state drive the loads were irritating but was way way better than hdd

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I haven't really followed this game but when I hear the words "massive patch" I expect a bunch of new features, not a long list of bugfixes.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cool.

So, um, why are you in this thread, then?

Because I've played a good amount of Anthem between its free demos and 10 hour trial. With Anthem finally launching, and myself having been their guinea pig for the time I actually played, I care little about playing their final product. Especially since their massive patch doesn't fix the fundamental issues of the game. That's the irony of it that I thought of in my head when making that post, but didn't actually type in said post.

Essentially, this shit still ain't enough to justify us testing their final product in early access which ain't very final and I'd rather play something else. Like another patch for another unfinished product.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bioware's following the GaaS playbook to a T.
We really gotta stop with this shit.

Games got released unfinished and buggy (like, oh yeah, Bioware's last game) when they weren't on a GaaS model, right? There are also so many GaaS games that are not only successful, monetarily, but celebrated by their players.

This is just incompetence. It's not exclusive to GaaS. It probably just feels new because we were used to incompetence in the old model.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am so confused with the release of this game. Isn't it out for like 2 weeks? Friends already finished it last weekend, lol.
What a clusterfuck.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am so confused with the release of this game. Isn't it out for like 2 weeks? Friends already finished it last weekend, lol.
What a clusterfuck.

It's a staggered release. It just turns out the early access to it is quite literally early access in the sense it's a shittier version of the game, prior to a lot of fixes that come in the supposed "day 1" patch of its official-ish release date. Fixes that somewhat don't do a whole lot-ish.

Yeah.

Basically, the game was briefly an early access game for one week.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's a staggered release. It just turns out the early access to it is quite literally early access in the sense it's a shittier version of the game, prior to a lot of fixes that come in the supposed "day 1" patch of its official-ish release date. Fixes that somewhat don't do a whole lot-ish.

Yeah.
Looks like this will have an early access feel for a few more weeks ;)

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
what is it about some users losing their savedata? is the character data saved on EA´s servers or not? does anyone knows that?

there are reports about people losing their savefile and this sounds that there is a local save file instead of a server based storing system

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
No mention of being able to turn off Dolby Vision which doesn't work
I imagine that priority is very low for that one, though still embarassing considering how popular LG OLED TV's are among PC gamers nowadays.
And it's not even Anthem specific and also concerns ME:Andromeda and BF.

EDIT:

Well, call me surprised. Looks like HDR has been fixed.

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
We really gotta stop with this shit.

Games got released unfinished and buggy (like, oh yeah, Bioware's last game) when they weren't on a GaaS model, right? There are also so many GaaS games that are not only successful, monetarily, but celebrated by their players.

This is just incompetence. It's not exclusive to GaaS. It probably just feels new because we were used to incompetence in the old model.
While I don't completely disagree with you, the argument keeps coming up because GaaS focussed games in particular keep launching lacking in content and quality with promises that it'll be better down the line. Destiny eventually got there after 2 games and half a dozen dlc packs. The Division after its massive updates overhauling most of its systems. BFV will probably get there some day, BF2 probably not.

It's not that it's something new to GaaS because yes, plenty of non GaaS game launched bad but it seems to be damn near universal with these games. Like I can't think of a single one off the top of my head that launched in a really strong "finished" feeling state which in an ideal world is how these should work. The launch game should be great then you build on it over time to make it bigger. Not "well it's bad now but won't be in a year."

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I already posted in the other thread but:

1) The patch is 5GB on Xbox
2) I am about to jump in with my remaining 2 hours of my trial. I'll post impressions here and answer any questions but if you guys want I can also set up a stream?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
PC here.

I still get lag and slowly loading enemies because of super heavy CPU usage after patch :(

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I'm n
Less money, actually. $15 instead of $60. Only Origin Premier subscriber who can play right now (without 10 hour restriction).

Most Origin Premier subscriber wouldn't extend their sub past the first month, let alone purchase the game.
It sure if I want to buy or just get a year of origin, wish I knew what will be coming out from ea in the fall besides sports. For what it's worth, Destiny, Gran Turismo Sport, No Mans Sky, Sea of Thieves - none of these games were probably worth full price when they launched, but are night and day better now. I'm sure it will be same for Anthem.