• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird imo, but I'm looking forward to the game anyway since it feels like you play as Mobile Infantry-lite.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance it might drop earlier than next year? Seems like a lot of noise for a game little less than a year out

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah, sucks that all the logos and stuff will have to be crammed at the bottom

I think i would prefer it if they removed the helmet dominating the top and shifted the camera up on an angle so that the freefall was towards the middle of the image in a fish eye type shot that emphesises the land that this "Anthem" belongs to just as much as the flying.

Then move the Title to being vertical along the left border. Logo's can go bottom left (EA) and bottom Right. (Ratings board)

I think that emphesis on the idea of land, the sense of place/home/country that this "Anthem" and these characters/people belong to would help lean more into the "space western" concept that it looks like being and draw people in a bit better

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Interesting that everyone is loving it. It feels so unbalanced with a huge uninteresting mask at the top, and an overly pronounced picture fade to the bottom part.

Edit: I think their intention it to crop the top of the image with the console banner which will perhaps help with the unbalance. Still not very excited about a robot face though, but definitely looking forward to seeing more about this game.

Last edited:

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool, along with the other image they updated their page with. These guys know how to design key art. Destiny's art looks so bland in comparison.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
figured id put together a quick rough mockup

PxpqWGQ.jpg

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really like it, tbh. The vertical title gives it some real distinction, and of course I still really like the look of the armor.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a marketing email from EA with this broader shot:

ANTHEMrebootprimerl01a.jpg

Salz01

Oct 27, 2017
It looks horrible. The face looks like an ant. And it's not helping that ANT is right over the face. ANTMEN

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Not interested in the game, but I like the box art.

Also, E3 leaks are getting, shall I say, out of hand. I didn't realize it was this hard to keep things under wraps.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Pretty rad, actually. I was expecting another "body shot of cybersuit marine looking ahead" cover.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I really hope the mecha designs are unique. I'm getting a Destiny aesthetic vibe from this and the character loot drops in that looked pretty bland.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Just got a marketing email from EA with this broader shot:

ANTHEMrebootprimerl01a.jpg

EA never ceases to amaze me how dedicated they are to focus grouping everything. This is basically just the Assasins Creed Origins cover with an inverted colour palate and Doom Guy instead of a pyramid

Edit: At least put the name in the distracting whitespace in the top left corner

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
it's alright. Hope the game turns out well. Have a destiny 1 itch that needs some scratching

DrSnap

Apr 26, 2018
Wow....imagination seems to be lacking quite a bit.
Hopefully the game is not as boring and tedious as this lackluster cover....