• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Just pre-ordered LoD edition. Eff the haters I'm going all in!

Are there any catch up mechanics for leveling alt. javelins? What's the fastest way to level up if you've done all story missions. I have a main Collosus but want to level up an Interceptor.
Dude, it's your money and your time. I like the game, but admittedly, I have a built-in ignore button - meaning that what people say, doesn't affect my decision to buy or not. I do my own research and judge for myself.

Last edited:

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Javelins don't have a level, but you won't have any components for your particular Javelin if you haven't used it. So you'll probably have to play at least a handful of normal (or easy) missions to grind out components and skills to kit out the new class.

You can just craft components to use, may not be the best but theyll be more level appropriate

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
I can not handle all the affixes and stats without a stats screen. It's driving me crazy. I am writing stuff on paper already... what the hell. Does anyone else feel they have less HP after the patch? I only have 3 health bars, I am pretty sure I had way more.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Patch made the game run considerably worse for me. Better loading but I am getting crazy stuttering (especially when loading into zone) and hard crashes on top of other bugs not being fixed.

Pretty disappointing patch for me. It wasn't running perfect on my rig before but was holding around 50-55fps on High settings with some drops to 40s. Now its hovering around 30 FPS but with a new stuttering issue.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 2080 and wondering what drivers everyone is using? I'm still at 416.94 because of Apex. Wondering if going to a later one would increase my FPS. Get anywhere from 80 to 145 doing story line missions solo.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
What's the consensus on this then? I dunno if I should get it or not. Would be PC btw.
If you played the "demo" and enjoyed it, $15 for a month of premier is a fine asking price. But hold off on paying $60 for at least a month or two to see how Bioware corrects issues and rolls out additional content. We'll probably start hearing about Cataclysms in April, so we should have some idea of what Bioware's definition of real "aspirational content" is at that point.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I can not handle all the affixes and stats without a stats screen. It's driving me crazy. I am writing stuff on paper already... what the hell. Does anyone else feel they have less HP after the patch? I only have 3 health bars, I am pretty sure I had way more.

interesting about the health bars, I've seen a few report bugs like that in reddit

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Eugh, I want to do quickplay reinforcements but 100% of the time it puts me in a bugged mission.
I didn't have time for strongholds.... there's nothing else to do in the game otherwise now, that's literally my option.

Freeplay is total jank, nobody plays together, no chat, no voice. :(

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Eugh, I want to do quickplay reinforcements but 100% of the time it puts me in a bugged mission.
I didn't have time for strongholds.... there's nothing else to do in the game otherwise now, that's literally my option.

I feel like if the events showed up on the map people would actually help each other. But you could be in the same "room" and not even know the event is happening.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Game unlocked for people in my PS4 friends list, and it shows up as Dylan in the feed.

Onk2DJp.jpg

This is hilarious.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
You can select metal as a material, and then change the colour to gold.

Gold is not unlocked by default.
Guillaume Onyeaghala informed me that the developers clarified what it does and that the wording is just very confusing. There is blast, the elemental type, and blast, the AoE type. I tested it out and yeah, it works on AoE.

Faction reward I believe. Either Arcanist or Freelancer since I had it before maxing Sentinels. Could have been something else (I'll check in a bit). If you mean more than just the color, that's the store Storm armor. Had 180K gold, so why not?
Thanks man! I have the same armour so that's not what I was asking

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game unlocked for people in my PS4 friends list, and it shows up as Dylan in the feed.

Onk2DJp.jpg

This is hilarious.

If this game continues to get bad stuff happening to it into the weekend, it will generate a cascade of bad press exactly like Fallout 76. Watch it crash and burn over the next month.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

if you look at the bug list in reddit, the quickplay bug is a common occurrence

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know how to get rid of these fucking items and weapons that are stuck in my inventory with a little locked type of symbol? I have like 5-6 of these in each category and I keep hitting the vault limit because of them.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to get rid of these fucking items and weapons that are stuck in my inventory with a little locked type of symbol? I have like 5-6 of these in each category and I keep hitting the vault limit because of them.

Are you sure the weapon isn't on one of the loadouts of another javelin?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I actually like the story, thought it would be terrible based on the impressions, the characters are pretty good too.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the story, thought it would be terrible based on the impressions, the characters are pretty good too.

You can try the game for 4-5$ people have no reason to complain, for the price of a movie rental you get 10 hours of gameplay. I just don't get the people that complain, I mean you can try the game before buying.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What's the consensus on this then? I dunno if I should get it or not. Would be PC btw.
Avoid it until it resembles a complete game. The $15 I spent on Premiere is too much. It is a hollow, lifeless shell of a game with rote, crappy mission design and utterly uninteresting loot. A looter shooter with bad loot and bad bullet sponge encounters with shit AI makes for a bad overall package. Play literally any other looter shooter before you play this.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Avoid it until it resembles a complete game. The $15 I spent on Premiere is too much. It is a hollow, lifeless shell of a game with rote, crappy mission design and utterly uninteresting loot. A looter shooter with bad loot and bad bullet sponge encounters with shit AI makes for a bad overall package. Play literally any other looter shooter before you play this.

The bullet spunginess to me is t that bad. And is more believable since you are not always killing humans. Compared to The Division, which has guys with baseball bats running at you taking more than a clip to down them. Now that's worse lol. Hell they are not even wearing armour, shirt, pants and bandanas on their faces. Yet they take sometimes 2 mags to down.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can try the game for 4-5$ people have no reason to complain, for the price of a movie rental you get 10 hours of gameplay. I just don't get the people that complain, I mean you can try the game before buying.

Wait, so if people pay money for a product (a trial), they shouldn't complain if the trial isn't fun, or to their liking?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The bullet spunginess to me is t that bad. And is more believable since you are not always killing humans. Compared to The Division, which has guys with baseball bats running at you taking more than a clip to down them. Now that's worse lol. Hell they are not even wearing armour, shirt, pants and bandanas on their faces. Yet they take sometimes 2 mags to down.
At least they attempt to flank you, rather than just watching you shoot them in the face for 20 goddamn seconds. The bullet sponginess is an issue because you don't feel particularly powerful as you level. The numbers get a bit bigger but you don't actually kill anything all that quickly. Compare this to something like Diablo or Path of Exile where you mow down more and more monsters, and the challenge comes from not just their health but also their sheer numbers and damage as you progress. In Anthem, I literally felt exactly as powerful at level 17 as I did at level 2. And the endgame actually makes you feel less powerful, not more so, because these bullet sponge enemies take 10x the bullets and one shot you while dropping loot that barely feels like an upgrade, ever.

Mathmarauder

Nov 14, 2017
It shouldn't be equipped anywhere else, I even have these items on my main javelin which already has level/power 36 stuff equipped.
From the forge, go into your javelins, then select the javelin "type" you are playing, it probably has those weapons in a "default" loadout, that's why they are low level. Delete that loadout and it will free them for salvage.

Zonagh

Feb 17, 2019

The sad thing is I saw myself having a ton of fun in free play. It could have been a fantastic place to zen out, fly around, kill some things, run into other folk and help them with events. I did that for more hours than I care to count in Destiny and Destiny 2 via planetary patrols. But there's just not enough to do in free play, nothing to keep driving me forward to explore and play. Plus, it feels almost like a solo instance because the people are so few and far between.