• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
From the forge, go into your javelins, then select the javelin "type" you are playing, it probably has those weapons in a "default" loadout, that's why they are low level. Delete that loadout and it will free them for salvage.

Yeah I just noticed this. Ugh, I had to create new loadouts to stop the game from deleting my javelin paint jobs, so all these default loadouts are filling my vault space up with these old weapons.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep. On PC (GTX 1060 6gb) game went from disappointing performance but still playable before the patch (40-70 fps depending on factors) to COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE after the patch. It stutters profusely every second. It's literally no longer playable. I've had to just stop playing all together because it's no longer possible since the patch. Crazy times we live in.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I played Fallout 76 a lot and nah. That game has no hope.

You are going to need the patience of a mountain to overcome the loading in this game. It will get to you, eventually. A lot of what's currently in the game could be easier to forgive if not for the constant loading. At least a third of your total "playing" time is loading.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Game unlocked for people in my PS4 friends list, and it shows up as Dylan in the feed.

Onk2DJp.jpg

This is hilarious.

Hi, it's me, the game.

Deleted member 21665

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
holy shit post patch theyve actually managed to make the loading screens slower, didnt think that was possible. also been frozen in place at start of mission, been dumped back to fort mid mission and just been dumped back to desktop while flying in freeplay. what an utter shitshow.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Loot in this game is weird. I now have ONE masterwork item and ONE legendary weapon both from GM1, rest is epics.

BNSXwpi.jpg

So basically 100% elemental increase for 10 seconds? Do I see the stacks somewhere? What does "hitting them" mean? I need 20 bullets for the 20 stacks? Does this increase the elemental damage for the group or just for me? So many questions...

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather play F76 than I would Anthem, and that feels really weird for me to say.

I've been thinking about exactly this comparison. I'm mostly worried at this point that I will not get 60+ hours of gameplay out of Anthem, which I was absolutely able to do out of Fallout 76 before I petered out about halfway? through the main quest.

Fallout 76 is broken in a lot of dumb ways that add up to the whole thing feeling like it's held together with masking tape. But never has the act of playing Fallout 76 felt as bad as the worst bugs I've seen in Anthem. On the other hand, when Anthem works, the moment-to-moment gameplay is a lot better. So tradeoffs. But just the fact that you can make this comparison and not immediately dismiss it out of hand is real bad for Anthem.

The real question is whether Bioware is better at post-game support than Bethesda has been so far. That's a very low bar to clear, sure, but it's not impossible to see EA and Bioware just give up. The promise of major ongoing story content for free may prove to be unsustainable.

Happo

Jul 5, 2018
A popup popped into my screen in freeplay telling me that the server is going to shut down in 2 hours. Well, every minute of the countdown the popup pops into my screen for 10~ seconds and blocks my jetpack heat gauge... what the fuck is this game.

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Loot in this game is weird. I now have ONE masterwork item and ONE legendary weapon both from GM1, rest is epics.

BNSXwpi.jpg

So basically 100% elemental increase for 10 seconds? Do I see the stacks somewhere? What does "hitting them" mean? I need 20 bullets for the 20 stacks?

You will see the stacks (Or any bonuses from your gear / components) on the left hand side of the screen as you shoot an elite enemy!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

BNSXwpi.jpg

So basically 100% elemental increase for 10 seconds? Do I see the stacks somewhere? What does "hitting them" mean? I need 20 bullets for the 20 stacks? Does this increase the elemental damage for the group or just for me? So many questions...
Wait a minute , is all the legendary gear in the game just the master work gear with 47 power instead of 45? And minor stat increases due to that bump? Because I have that same exact gun as a master workb item that does the same exact thing.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute , is all the legendary gear in the game just the master work gear with 47 power instead of 45? And minor stat increases due to that bump? Because I have that same exact gun as a master workb item that does the same exact thing.

Well that's...shitty. I actually thought for a second that Legendaries actually had unique perks. I have that same gun (can craft them in fact) and the only difference is two levels.

Gold is not unlocked by default.

Thanks man! I have the same armour so that's not what I was asking

OK, I didn't believe what I was using was actually gold, but it sure as hell looks like it regardless. It's Brass, and you get it from Arcanist rank 3.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Something tells me Quick Play is totally broken now. Most of missions and contracts just run into bugs that 100% halt progress, forcing you to quit out without completion reward. Then I got this...

anthem_2019_02_21_22_j6j0r.png

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Something tells me Quick Play is totally broken now. Most of missions and contracts just run into bugs that 100% halt progress, forcing you to quit out without completion reward. Then I got this...

This was my experience anytime I did quickplay yesterday.

And with no text chat, unless folks have voip on, you have no way to coordinate a squad wipe which is apparently the way to "fix" the progression being broken.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
There is only one thing Bioware/EA can to to try to savage some of their reputation. Mass Effect trilogy remaster with a new ending.

The worst part is that it's an easy thing to do, probably not very expensive and will pay back financially and with people's goodwill. But EA won't do it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You all want to know something really sad? I've yet to complete the third stronghold in the game because once the first chest is open everyone just drops out lmao
It's happened five times in a row now. Is the rest of this strong hold that hard? I don't even know what the boss is at the end.

I either have to wait for my friends to beat the game so we can run it together, or just play on an easier difficulty setting so I can solo it. What a ridiculous problem to have.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I think it's kinda a circular problem. People run into a bug, drop the group, then the quick play algorithm probably prioritizes filling those extra spots thinking that a group is close to finishing. It sucks.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
You all want to know something really sad? I've yet to complete the third stronghold in the game because once the first chest is open everyone just drops out lmao
It's happened five times in a row now. Is the rest of this strong hold that hard? I don't even know what the boss is at the end.

I either have to wait for my friends to beat the game so we can run it together, or just play on an easier difficulty setting so I can solo it. What a ridiculous problem to have.

I don't think the stronghold is hard; three separate stages, each with their own quirks. It's just more efficient to grab a chest, end expedition, and then go immediately back into another one.

I saw this happen last night with another stronghold and hey, can't blame them I guess.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Which do you mean of the last two (they both unlock at the same time IIRC)? Because honestly, the "harder" one is actually the most fun IMO, but the easier of the two that were not in the demo has an awful area to actually fight in. It sucks so bad.

Also, I hope some of you love a good grind, because this game doesn't fuck around. You need 150K faction for this, and each of the "quests" only give 50 XP most of the time, and I think maybe the rarer Legendary contracts might give 100. As painful as it will be to constantly talk to everyone. Do it (or mash Esc and 1). You often rack up more faction XP from one round of conversations across Tarsis for two of them than a contract, but that only seems to get you to Rank 3 for all of them, then most everyone shuts up.

Anthem-2019-02-21-15-40-31-601.jpg

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Hmm just played with the new 1.2 patch on X1X. Seems MUCH better. Shorter loading and better performance. I didn't have bugs. Not bad... I was getting annoyed by loading, but this is a good move in the right direction.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Which do you mean of the last two (they both unlock at the same time IIRC)? Because honestly, the "harder" one is actually the most fun IMO, but the easier of the two that were not in the demo has an awful area to actually fight in. It sucks so bad.

Also, I hope some of you love a good grind, because this game doesn't fuck around. You need 150K faction for this, and each of the "quests" only give 50 XP most of the time, and I think maybe the rarer Legendary contracts might give 100.

Anthem-2019-02-21-15-40-31-601.jpg
Not the final level one, but the other one that is a brand new mission.

And yeah, it blows my mind the amount of faction rep needed for arguably the most important blue prints in the game.. What the fuck were they thinking? That'll have to get adjusted.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Hmm just played with the new 1.2 patch on X1X. Seems MUCH better. Shorter loading and better performance. I didn't have bugs. Not bad... I was getting annoyed by loading, but this is a good move in the right direction.

Is 1.2 what was released yesterday or was another patch released today? I had thought it was 1.1 when I played last night after it was patched up but I might be mistaken.