• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Finished the story.. It was.. okay. Way better than any in it's genre but was fine. Characters were great though, Faye, Haluk and Dax being my favourites. Unlocked Storm as my lvl 26 and having a lot of fun with fire balls and fire domes... trying ice now but really enjoy fire. Need to try Colossus endgame after to see how it is. So far I'm enjoying the game a lot but I'm still subscribed for one more month, will see how the game is after before I buy since I like owning my games. Just want to see how the support is.

Though I won't lie, I'm not excited for the next Dragon Age unless they get rid of Frostbite. Got same issues I have now with Anthem and some of it is present in other Bioware frostbite titles. Small hope to nothing that it'll happen but eh.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So I've finished the campaign...

I'm level 25.

What's the best way for me to tackle the game from here?

I've been playing on Hard since the start, if that matters.

Is it just running strongholds, taking remaining contracts, etc... until I hit 30, then doing all the content over with GM difficulty?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So I've finished the campaign...

I'm level 25.

What's the best way for me to tackle the game from here?

I've been playing on Hard since the start, if that matters.

Is it just running strongholds, taking remaining contracts, etc... until I hit 30, then doing all the content over with GM difficulty?

Strongholds, Freeplay and Contracts until level 30 and as high as possible GS vie Epics. You don't want go to even GM1 with shitty gear, you will get murdered so hard.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Well after unlocking colossus first then interceptor 2nd I went Ranger third. I love the movement on the interceptor but is so fragile. I think it really needs a buff.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying it so far other than the silly load times. How much does a SSD help? What are load times in missions like with one?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt as I was on my ps4 slim with wifi.

But the loading times are still insane on my wired ps4 pro with a Gbps connection.

I'm pretty easy going with games but the design of this game is so unpleasant I'm not even sure I'll make it through story mode at this point

Jan 4, 2018
I'm enjoying it so far other than the silly load times. How much does a SSD help? What are load times in missions like with one?

Load times on my SSD are about the same as on my HDD after they patched the load times. Around 30 - 45 seconds to load from Fort Tarsis to a mission. Before the day one patch load times were well over a full minute on HDD.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017

But the loading times are still insane on my wired ps4 pro with a Gbps connection.

I'm pretty easy going with games but the design of this game is so unpleasant I'm not even sure I'll make it through story mode at this point
Loading seems pretty much exclusively down to HD performance. Matchmaking times for me have been basically non-existent.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
am I able to change from male to female once I already picked one?...I see there's a 'New Pilot' option in the main menu...does that start a new game?

Truant

Oct 28, 2017

Load times are mostly a combination of whatever HDD and CPU you have. IIRC the CPU has to unpack a lot of compressed files and then load them to memory. Certain very weak hardware like the PS4 and Xbox would struggle a lot with this process due to their limited CPUs, regardless of the HDD speed.

Could be I'm in the wrong here, but that's my take on it.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I stayed up until 3am playing it with a buddy. It's been ages since I gamed that late, so I'm obviously having a blast with it. Only gripes are not being able to switch gear in missions/free roam, the load times and a couple crashes/disconnects we hit. The gear switching is the main one as it sucks when you want to try out new powers and weapons and hate what you pick and can't switch.

But the game is so fun to play for me that those don't hurt the experience a ton. We started out doing everything on hard and have stuck with that. I love the combat and it being more power and combo focused than pure shooter with the short cooldowns. The Storm is especially fun to play, and I just unlocked the Interceptor as my second. Flying and hovering around is very satisfying and the game looks nice and seems to run pretty well on PS4 Pro at 1080p. All the NPC conversations have been mostly interesting and add to the immersion over something like Destiny. The lore is interesting enough as well with lots to read in the Cortex.

So I'm very pleasantly surprised and glad we bought it after being mixed in the demo and seeing the reviews. My wife is out of town for the weekend and my friend and I have been itching for a new co-op game so the timing was right even with those reservations. Glad we took the plunge.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
New update 1.03 dropped? 10gigs on ps4? Dloading now. Hmm
Hope it fixes HDR. Going to try it soon.
Probably this:
Hey Freelancers,

Yesterday we let you know that we were working on some issues and a patch is being prepared to deploy on
February 23rd around 7am CT to address them. Here is the list of fixes:

• The final boss in the "Return to the Heart of Rage" stronghold and crit path mission will now properly appear if a squad of freelancers wipe before reaching it.
  • HDR on consoles can now be properly turned on.
  • Fixed a number of issues that were causing players to crash.
We are continuing to investigate additional issues that the community have been reporting and will provide more updates on when they will be fixed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/atr55f/anthem_fixes_for_2232019/

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Loading seems pretty much exclusively down to HD performance. Matchmaking times for me have been basically non-existent.

Within reason. My 970 Evo and 860 Evo are approximately the same. It takes 45s per Mission to load. Matchmaking shouldn't have anything to do with your HD anyway as it's searching for either an empty spot for you to join, or creating a new instance entirely.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone think they'll patch in an option to resize the screen? Slight annoyance to see the edges of the HUD cut off.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the flying and combat mechanics feel so perfect...this game deserves to succeed...I hope they can add more content and continue to improve the game

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Load times are mostly a combination of whatever HDD and CPU you have. IIRC the CPU has to unpack a lot of compressed files and then load them to memory. Certain very weak hardware like the PS4 and Xbox would struggle a lot with this process due to their limited CPUs, regardless of the HDD speed.

Could be I'm in the wrong here, but that's my take on it.
I get that but the developers knew this when the have was designed as consoles are uniform hardware and software. No game should have loading being 10% of your playing session

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
the flying and combat mechanics feel so perfect...this game deserves to succeed...I hope they can add more content and continue to improve the game

I'd agree if enemies weren't so braindead. Missions are like a glorified horde mode. There's nothing perfect here, or close to it. So disappointed with this.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I get that but the developers knew this when the have was designed as consoles are uniform hardware and software. No game should have loading being 10% of your playing session

Completely agree. Remember how World of Warcraft had no loading screens within each major continent? You could walk for hours through multiple zones and biomes and it all streamed seamlessly with hundreds of players pr. server. This was back in 2005 when we had Pentium processors, 256 megabytes of RAM and ADSL internet.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'd agree if enemies weren't so braindead. Missions are like a glorified horde mode. There's nothing perfect here, or close to it. So disappointed with this.
I'm fine with glorified horde mode. Honestly a bigger ME3 multiplayer experience is all I wanted out of this game and so far it's scratching that itch for me

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
How many hours do I have left in the story? I'm trying to eat though it before the trial is up.

I am on the sentinel and need to fix the javelin.

Thanks

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Played for about 10 hours on PC and ran into my first bug. One of the side missions (the one where you fight 2 big monsters at the end, notorious for breaking) wouldn't end after defeating the last 2 enemies.
I kind of want to be done with it, but I'm worried that the patch didn't fix it.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Why do people won't shut up in the middle of the action? I'm a man, I can't do 2 things at the same time, shoot aliens and listen to your boring banter.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Seems like HDR is working again.
1.03 patch notes:
Yesterday we let you know that we were working on some issues and a patch was deployed today to address them. Here is the list of fixes:

The final boss in the "Return to the Heart of Rage" stronghold and crit path mission will now properly appear if a squad of freelancers wipe before reaching it.
HDR on consoles can now be properly turned on.
Fixed a number of issues that were causing players to crash.

We are continuing to investigate additional issues that the community have been reporting and will provide more updates on when they will be fixed.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of quick questions:

1. If I miss picking up an item that drops during a mission or something, do you lose it? Or do you automatically have anything that dropped at the end?

2. The launch bay is an actual social spot where you can be with other players right?