• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Couple of quick questions:

1. If I miss picking up an item that drops during a mission or something, do you lose it? Or do you automatically have anything that dropped at the end?

2. The launch bay is an actual social spot where you can be with other players right?
1. Not sure would love to know.
2. Yes but it seemed a bit poop. Didn't even get put in to the same room with my team mate.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Played for four straight hours last night with no issues, then it froze up on me. Restarted and it kept freezing/dropping to dashboard from the login screen so I went to bed...probably for the best anyway, but I hope the patch fixes that lol

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
People keep complaining about the tombs but it really wasn't bad. My guess is that it's there as a tutorial into freeplay mode. The only thing that sucked about it was reviving 3 people. As a solo player that sucked. Everything else was easy and I had a lot of it completed before I even got to that quest.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Couple of quick questions:

1. If I miss picking up an item that drops during a mission or something, do you lose it? Or do you automatically have anything that dropped at the end?
I deliberately did an entire mission while avoiding epics and I counted atleast 8 but IIRC I got 3 or something on the expedition complete screen.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
"They don't update their title immediately after launch to fix shit that went wrong. This is too little."
"They update 20GB within days after release to fix shit that went wrong. This is too much."

I mean..

what SHOULD they do?

I have no issue with big early updates personally.

But it's not rocket science to understand what the people who do have issues with it think they should have done: delayed it and launched it in a better state.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Another question:

I just got the ice storm blast seal. It has a little icon of a guy, then an orange RB, and says plus 20% damage. What do those first two icons mean?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
on PC what AA setting is it using on Ultra?...it lists TAA but then the next step up is Ultra but it doesn't say what form of AA it uses

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
"They don't update their title immediately after launch to fix shit that went wrong. This is too little."
"They update 20GB within days after release to fix shit that went wrong. This is too much."

I mean..

what SHOULD they do?
Release a working product?

The demo should have been a huge heads up for them

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Release a working product?

The demo should have been a huge heads up for them
Well yeah, they didn't apparently. So would you rather have them not release those patches, then?

Some stuff in here honestly reads like the "eating those crackers" image in thread form. It's a good thing they're throwing out patches left and right. It's too late for changing metacritic numbers, but it's good for the players who enjoy or try to enjoy the game.

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
Another question:

I just got the ice storm blast seal. It has a little icon of a guy, then an orange RB, and says plus 20% damage. What do those first two icons mean?

The guy icon means the bonus is suit-wide, RB means right bumper I think. Are you playing on console?

So basically it increases the damage of your skill that is assigned to RB by 20%.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well yeah, they didn't apparently. So would you rather have them not release those patches, then?

Some stuff in here honestly reads like the "eating those crackers" image in thread form. It's a good thing they're throwing out patches left and right. It's too late for changing metacritic numbers, but it's good for the players who enjoy or try to enjoy the game.
Why the hell is a patch for bug fixes 1/5 of the size of the entire goddamn game, and why can't people complain about it?

They fucked up releasing a broken product. They're forcing players to download ridiculously big patches as they try to recover from that fuckup. From the player's perspective, they are still getting punished by the development team.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I mean..

what SHOULD they do?
There is something wrong with a patch that big when it only fixes 3 things and it's half the size on other platforms.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah, crap loot on easy. Even normal isn't returning decent stuff, but not equipped to play hard yet...hmm...
You can play Hard from the very beginning and it's not a problem. Some world events have been annoying to solo on Hard, but most of them have been fine. Regular missions are still pretty easy.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It won't make a difference, full Epic is 396, you should just jump on GM after that.

Well no shit it doesn't make difference or matter as you have no options for progression at that point.

You go into GM1, take beating for a while before you have 2-3 MW components equipped just so you have more shields and HP.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
The guy icon means the bonus is suit-wide, RB means right bumper I think. Are you playing on console?

So basically it increases the damage of your skill that is assigned to RB by 20%.
But...that seems silly because that's the only place I can apply that skill?

Or maybe not. I just got some weapons that have LB and RB icons and say + 11% speed. Does that mean the RB skill has an increase in speed?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
But...that seems silly because that's the only place I can apply that skill?

Or maybe not. I just got some weapons that have LB and RB icons and say + 11% speed. Does that mean the RB skill has an increase in speed?

Referring to bind makes sense when both slots can have skills that are primer, detonator or neither.

Speed refers to cooldown, +X speed makes skill come back faster as it shortens cooldown.

------------------------------------

Vinyl from the Titan event

unknown.png

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Referring to bind makes sense when both slots can have skills that are primer, detonator or neither.

Speed refers to cooldown, +X speed makes skill come back faster as it shortens cooldown.

------------------------------------

Vinyl from the Titan event

unknown.png
Does the game add more to the tutorial section the further you get in? I have nothing that describes how the combo system actually works.

Loving this so far, but I think they really need to improve item descriptions and what these stats mean. For a loot game that's incredibly important and right now I have no idea what half of these items are actually augmenting.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yeah right now the only thing I have in there basically describes the types of elements and that's it. Nothing about how combos work

Short of it is...

1. Can't prime enemies that have shields up
2. Primer is skill with round icon, use that to prime enemy
3. Detonator has explody icon, use that to detonate (read: combo) primed enemy

Skill that doesn't have either of icons is just raw damag, cant prime or detonate.

I hope they ad end game content because there's none :( I'm already 500

How many hours you did soft lock chest farms to get that 100% legendary gear?

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Short of it is...

1. Can't prime enemies that have shields up
2. Primer is skill with round icon, use that to prime enemy
3. Detonator has explody icon, use that to detonate (read: combo) primed enemy

Skill that doesn't have either of icons is just raw damag, cant prime or detonate.

How many hours you did soft lock chest farms to get that 100% legendary gear?
Been playing with premium. Early access. I've been playing allot, doing contracts and dungeons. I've done no freeplay tho.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I bought this last night just to check out since I liked the beta and I am so glad I did. It looks amazing and so far I am having a great time playing coop with my wife. The only annoying thing is that I have been kicked to the dashboard twice and had to restart. Hope they get that fixed soon.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me why I can't ever seem to pull off a multi kill?

Is there a timer on it or what's up? This tomb quest is never getting done at this point and it's upsetting me. If I suck and can't pull off enough multi kills then I'm not allowed to keep playing this game?

Ridiculous.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017

Is there a timer on it or what's up? This tomb quest is never getting done at this point and it's upsetting me. If I suck and can't pull off enough multi kills then I'm not allowed to keep playing this game?

Ridiculous.
Use AOE skills on Easy, like the Storm's or Ranger's Ultimate.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i wonder why ps4 update so much bigger? i guess its to do with how they update perhaps?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017

Ridiculous.
Have you tried using your ultimate or a combo? Most of mine have come from those I think.