• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is your first OT? Wow! Knocked it out of the park. Nice work. Hopefully us EA access basic folks can preload tomorrow.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Lovely OP! Looking forward to Friday morning (PST) to experience a new sci-fi story from BioWare. Hopefully we'll have PC performance thread on Friday too, as I (and others) will likely need some guidance with video settings (really struggled with maintaining a stable frame rate during the VIP Demo)

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
This is your first OT? Wow! Knocked it out of the park. Nice work. Hopefully us EA access basic folks can preload tomorrow.
Thanks :) I did the design for the main demo post too, which Cornbread78 posted. But yeah this was my first Solo effort at an OT.

Fantastic OT with the best title, thanks for the good work, iFirez.

Preloading the game now...
I hope people are happy that I let the vote happen and that I listened to the community because I was never ever going to choose that title if it was just me picking it.

Thank you iFirez Great job with the OT
Thank you, and thank you to everyone saying similar. Makes me want to maybe tackle some other OT's in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
That is a fantastic OT title.

Looking forward to seeing impressions of the full game though. Will determine whether I should keep the GCU preorder I have or not.

Johnny Cage

Nov 26, 2017
Can't wait. Got legion of dawn edition ready to go on my X.
It's either ranger or colossus as my first pick

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
How does the 10 hour trial work? Will it just hard shut off after that time expires even if I'm in the middle of something?

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope this game has substantial content. Wouldn't want a Destiny type scenario where we are waiting for big expansions to flesh it out.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TlqMkan.gif

Truly a superlative OT. Kudos to you all iFirez Datajoy Cornbread78 and Guillaume Onyeaghala

Last edited:
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Thanks Shy :) I wouldn't have been able to post this without Datajoy, I wouldn't have had the experience doing Anthem thread designs if it wasn't for Corn and Guillaume is my go to with all things Anthem for feedback, discussion and just a nice chat. Our PM on here is at 3 pages long right now... we have a problem.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweet OT dude, had no doubts it would be after seeing your hard work on graphics and videos in the run up. Thanks for all the effort, it looks ace and is informative.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Question, is there a free week or something to that effect for Origin Premier? I mean it is only $19.99 for a month but I'd kind of like to know if I'll even play the game first before sinking into another subscription.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Question, is there a free week or something to that effect for Origin Premier? I mean it is only $19.99 for a month but I'd kind of like to know if I'll even play the game first before sinking into another subscription.

I thought it was included completely in Premier and there was a week early access for it.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

No. You just get access to the game a week early.

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
$14.99, but no.

What you could do is start with origin basic and use the $5 as a 10-hour demo to see if you want to stick with it or not, then upgrade to premier if you choose (you get refunded the difference via time remaining)
I thought it was included completely in Premier and there was a week early access for it.
I believe he means like a free trial of the service itself to demo the game at no cost

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Colossus looked way more viable in the stream than it felt in my limited time during the demo, won't be leaving it until last anymore (sorry, Interceptor).

Poor Chad inverting all those controls and still hitting pretty much every obstacle available and hanging on to those charged powers for no good reason. It looked solid when Ben had the pad even if they only played on normal.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
What a great OT!

Thanks for Dark Mode ability chart.

How can I start pre-load on Origin Basic? I only see link to upgrade to Premier.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finnaly the OT for iFirez ability chart went up! And theres a dark version too? Talk about player choice!

What is Anthem?

/s

Just kidding, you did amazing bro! I Just think the Conviction banner should have a little more context to it, maybe saying its a short by Neil Blokamp?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Shy :) I wouldn't have been able to post this without Datajoy, I wouldn't have had the experience doing Anthem thread designs if it wasn't for Corn and Guillaume is my go to with all things Anthem for feedback, discussion and just a nice chat. Our PM on here is at 3 pages long right now... we have a problem.
You're very welcome. And your only problem, is that you all top humans.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So apparently people cant play the 10 hour trial on friday... even though EA advertised it:

DyLy-s0V4AAPjYm.jpg:large

4a2qSRg.jpg
That EA Help agent is not very helpful. Because Origin Premier members can already add Anthem to their library from the vault they can preload ahead of Friday's early access launch. However, the trial for the game (for Origin Basic members) will go live in the 'trials' section of Origin and be downloadable on Friday... so basically little to no pre-load for Basic members.

Just kidding, you did amazing bro! I Just think the Conviction banner should have a little more context to it, maybe saying its a short by Neil Blokamp?
I'm planning on updating that image tomorrow once we have the actual film. I just grabbed the image from the thumbnail and title for that. But when the actual film is out tomorrow I'll update it for sure :)

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting that I can't pre-install to be ready for the 10 hour trial. There is no reason for this but consumer friendly is not to be expected with EA so it is what it is.

Terrific op btw great job!

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this turns out good.

And coincidentally, if it does, EA is looking mighty good with this and Apex Legends. I just hope BioWare was able to pull this off. If they can make a great story campaign set in a Destiny mold (but again with actual story) then they may just do it.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
I'm somewhat intrigued by Anthem, but gonna have to wait for impressions from early adopters to see if I want to pick it up. The demo's performance was bad, so I want to know how the final build runs on PS4 Pro before jumping in.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Balls I got a meeting at 1pm Friday so won't get to play much before Sunday. Sure I'll get my 10 hrs in before the launch.