Anthem |OT| GaaS Effect

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know how you get to be able to craft higher tier components? I’m an epic Colossus now at 424 and can still only craft rare components at the highest.
In order to craft a handful of masterwork components you have to get 50,000 reputation points with each of the 3 factions. So basically by the time you can craft them you'll likely have all the components you want even though it'll take hundreds of hours of farming.

shinobi602

Newman
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It's rank 3 in sentinals or freelancer faction I think.
That’s not too bad then. Almost there.
In order to craft a handful of masterwork components you have to get 50,000 reputation points with each of the 3 factions. So basically by the time you can craft them you'll likely have all the components you want even though it'll take hundreds of hours of farming.
Goddamn...masterworks going to be out of reach for a long ass time.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know what's going on with this game today but somehow my master work assault launcher combo does half the damage in a combo strike than it does just normally. This has never happened. Also I just unlocked another masterwork machine pistol... apparently that's all I can get, and ontop of that it increases weapon and melee damage by 0% for 0 seconds. Why do I even bother with this game at this point. Might he time to put it down for a bit until its a functional game.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the buff is real. No legendaries but a shower of MW just running world events in GM2. Unfortunately I hit my loot limit AND my game crashed when I was quitting and I don't have the loot yet. Hope it shows up soon. Had over 10 MW.

Oct 25, 2017
So I kinda get this game now.

First off, playing on PC. Took me now 3 days to find perfect settings. Fucking around w/ the nvidia control panel, some tricks w/ origin/triple buffering/no vsync I got a locked flawless 60 on high (w/ some medium settings) @ 1440p/85%. Game is gorgeous.

Second, game is SUPER tight on PC w/ a controller, wow. Feels almost as good as Destiny to play. And the loop is fun...

...but, theres not enough atm. I can already tell.

Chasing MW's and legendaries will be addicting, because, well, I love loot. The issue is theres only 3 strongholds.

Now, I get what role Strongholds have in this game. They are the DUNGEONS of the game. If they can dish out another 1-3 in the next 6 months, that could be substantial content, given the addicting combat and loot chase being as fun as it is.

Add in a traditional raid and I think they have a winner.

Don't spend time on systems no one will care about. Give us loot, give us cool bosses in these "dungeons" and give us a reason to role support/damage/tank w/ a traditional 6-8 player raid.

I know its asking a lot, but I can see this game getting big in a year if they prioritize their shit correctly.

Sorry for the rant/grammer (on mobile).

Sep 16, 2018
Loot’s definitely been bumped up. Been getting a bunch of MW and two legendaries just from standard contracts in the last hour on GM1.
I had no luck tonight. Maybe a tad more masterworks than usual from legendary contracts and freeplay on GM2, but nothing useful and no legendaries.

Seemed harder and that we were doing less damage in GM2 than last night too.

Oct 27, 2017
God damn I'm finding this game unplayable tonight. I don't know if all the geared players said fuck it and went to The Division 2 or what?

Every single Stronghold I get into my teams are just dead in seconds. They have no armor or shields for a GM1 run. Bioware needs to put some sort of gear check on the random Strongholds. If you have no MW Components you shouldn't be allowed into a GM1 Stronghold.

Literally I've joined up in 5 Strongholds tonight and the only one I finished was the one where I spawned in on the final boss of Heart of Rage. Every other missions I've had to leave after multiple wipes on TRASH mobs.

Oct 27, 2017
God damn I'm finding this game unplayable tonight. I don't know if all the geared players said fuck it and went to The Division 2 or what?

Every single Stronghold I get into my teams are just dead in seconds. They have no armor or shields for a GM1 run. Bioware needs to put some sort of gear check on the random Strongholds. If you have no MW Components you shouldn't be allowed into a GM1 Stronghold.

Literally I've joined up in 5 Strongholds tonight and the only one I finished was the one where I spawned in on the final boss of Heart of Rage. Every other missions I've had to leave after multiple wipes on TRASH mobs.
I had some weird stuff tonight where I was dieing super fast. I was doing a bunch of GM2 and surviving fine, but one Tyrant Mine on GM1 I was going down almost instantly. I had to close the game and rejoin the stronghold and then everything was fine.

So I think there was something going on with gear today.

Oct 25, 2017
^yeah, i had the same issue with damage today. i thought they had fixed the bug but i guess its back. happened in a contract in the beginning. we all died in seconds. but after respawn it was fine. odd.

loot has definitely been approved. got two legendaries. one from a random contract on GM3 where i couldnt kill a single enemy but they dropped an epic and legendary anyway.

tried some freeplay on GM3 and nope only two MWs in like half an hour of play.

Nov 16, 2017
oh and be sure to have less than 90% luck. im pretty sure its bugged if you go over.
The new theory on reddit is that luck is more important than ever. But you must have 90 or less.

Loot’s definitely been bumped up. Been getting a bunch of MW and two legendaries just from standard contracts in the last hour on GM1.
GM2 and GM3 were bumped, not GM1. The enemies that were buffed for all difficulties, rarely spawn in regular contracts.

Oct 31, 2017
I still dont know why they bother with non Primer or Detonator skills. They should add them so we have more options. Instead, we end up using the same few skills because they work.

On a side note, starting playing Thiccboi again and MW were raining down. Typical.

Oct 31, 2017
This video shows a lot of concept art. The channel sounds fairly certain this stuff is going to be in game (I mean, with some of it, it obviously is, but there is a lot of concept art here).

At the very least, check all the weapons: https://youtu.be/SSGmKCX2sYY?t=336

WHERE ARE THESE
Faction weapons sound great. Especially showing off energy weapons. I can see them pushing more Dominion stuff, especially after the story stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Faction weapons sound great. Especially showing off energy weapons. I can see them pushing more Dominion stuff, especially after the story stuff.
Yeah, I am kinda over the Scar. They remind me too much of Destiny and Warframe factions.
There's no patch. Back end things from what they've said.
Damn, you're right--just saw this: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...rently_there_will_be_a_2_hour_maintenance_on/

Fuck that lol. Currently have 107, and can't unequip anything, or it'll take me under 90 lol.

Got two legendaries today, one from freeplay (out of 49 drops), and one from an LC.
lol

The reddit theories are hilarious. "I got X with 123 luck but YZ with 45 luck...!"

It's almost like there's a random element at play!

Nov 16, 2017
Fuck that lol. Currently have 107, and can't unequip anything, or it'll take me under 90 lol.

Got two legendaries today, one from freeplay (out of 49 drops), and one from an LC.
I've got an interceptor build with 275 luck. 1st time using it got a legendary and 3 mws within a few minutes. The next day I was getting more blues than ever with the build. At this point I just ignore luck. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't working as intended.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused why my Colosus seems to die SO fast in hard Strongholds. I get shot two or three times and I'm basically dead.

We were doing the Temple of Scar, and I would die in 5 seconds upon entering the boss chamber. And there were so many adds becuase nobody was killing them, so that didn't help. But nobody would revive me so I missed out on boss loot (which was cool).

What am I doing wrong with my build?

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused why my Colosus seems to die SO fast in hard Strongholds. I get shot two or three times and I'm basically dead.

We were doing the Temple of Scar, and I would die in 5 seconds upon entering the boss chamber. And there were so many adds becuase nobody was killing them, so that didn't help. But nobody would revive me so I missed out on boss loot (which was cool).

High level colossus specific components are what will help with your survivability. The universal components give pretty much no armor compared to the colossus specific ones.

Oct 27, 2017

You could also be getting the health bug.

Oct 25, 2017

I hope this doesn't come off patronizing, because I'm not sure which level you are/where you're at, but are you using Colossus components? If you use universal components you miss out on pretty much necessary armor/health

Oct 27, 2017
Any advice on an Interceptor build? Taking a break from Colossus but I'm kind of all over the place gear wise.

Weapons wise, I use the Thunderbolt of Yvenia, to do electrical damage and shred shields. Supplement that with Conductive Lattice component (or whatever the epic version is called, that increases electrical damage). Currently, my other weapon is a sniper rifle - Siege Breaker, that freezes targets after three consecutive hits from the rifle. Currently only using it, as it's a legendary. I'll swap it out for a legendary Elemental Rage (if I ever get one lol).

If you only have epic components, or not a full set of mw yet, go for epic melee, epic armor, epic shields, blade inscription, and maybe ultimate inscription.

If you have mw, go for Talisman of Power, Way of the Bold, Way of the Swift, and any other decent mw.

If you want a glass cannon (I.e pure dps), try to equip/roll melee damage bonus stats.

For survivability, equip/roll armor and/or shields.

For great all round, aim for a mix of the above + gear speed.

For gear, assault system: I use Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), although I know people recommend Serpent's Veil (venom bomb). For Strike system: use Sudden Death (Tempest Strike), or plasma star if you want a ranged attack.

Conductive Lattice, (and the epic version), enhances your melee with an electrical explosion (upon a three hit streak).

Absolute Zero (and cryo glaive) freeze supposedly lock on and freeze five targets (although mine has never frozen more than one, and doesn't always lock on lol). It's also a primer.

Sudden Death (and Tempest Strike) is a detonator, and your melee is a detonator too.

Int has to always stay on the move, so keep dashing or jumping or flying.

Best approach for me is to throw in Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), and then jump in with either Sudden Death (Tempest Strike) or straight melee.

You also have a passive ability called an aura, that transfers any status effects on to another target, once you melee the affected target. E.g. melee frozen target, and then melee another target and it will also freeze (unless it has shields).

Mw components mentioned above:

Way of the Bold: increases aura combo and also restores 20% armor after you defeat an enemy with melee.

Way of the Swift: increases assault system damage by 5%, and any LB hit increases RB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Conductive Lattice: increases electricity damage and electricity resistance, and increases gear cool down speed, and a three hit melee streak detonates an electric explosion.

Talisman of power: increases strike system damage by 10%, and any RB hit increases LB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Btw, be wary of the Vengeance Matrix component, its worded funny, as the wording says that it increases all damage by 50% and reduces damage taken by -25%. According to a dev on reddit, it decreases damage resistance by 25%.

Last two slots are for whatever you have.

Assault system: Absolute Zero apparently locks onto five targets and freezes them, and hitting an enemy from above detonates an ice explosion.

Strike system: Sudden Death, hitting an enemy detonates a fire explosion.

Or for ranged:

Plasma star is a throwing star that "melts through armor".

Support system: go for Target Beacon; it locks onto a target and reduces their resistances by 33%. If that enemy is defeated, the effect jumps to another enemy.

For consumables, I go for the gear sigil (speeds up gear recharge speed) , armor sigil, and melee sigil.

Oh yeah, Int also has triple jump and triple dash.

I think that pretty much covers everything lol. All the descriptions are 99% word for word for the description on the items.

Btw, logged 129 hours, over 120 of which are on Int, and I was maining gm1, before it was nerfed. Currently sitting with a 704 mw int javelin.

Let me know if you want to know anything else!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Weapons wise, I use the Thunderbolt of Yvenia, to do electrical damage and shred shields. Supplement that with Conductive Lattice component (or whatever the epic version is called, that increases electrical damage). Currently, my other weapon is a sniper rifle - Siege Breaker, that freezes targets after three consecutive hits from the rifle. Currently only using it, as it's a legendary. I'll swap it out for a legendary Elemental Rage (if I ever get one lol).

If you only have epic components, or not a full set of mw yet, go for epic melee, epic armor, epic shields, blade inscription, and maybe ultimate inscription.

If you have mw, go for Talisman of Power, Way of the Bold, Way of the Swift, and any other decent mw.

If you want a glass cannon (I.e pure dps), try to equip/roll melee damage bonus stats.

For survivability, equip/roll armor and/or shields.

For great all round, aim for a mix of the above + gear speed.

For gear, assault system: I use Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), although I know people recommend Serpent's Veil (venom bomb). For Strike system: use Sudden Death (Tempest Strike), or plasma star if you want a ranged attack.

Conductive Lattice, (and the epic version), enhances your melee with an electrical explosion (upon a three hit streak).

Absolute Zero (and cryo glaive) freeze supposedly lock on and freeze five targets (although mine has never frozen more than one, and doesn't always lock on lol). It's also a primer.

Sudden Death (and Tempest Strike) is a detonator, and your melee is a detonator too.

Int has to always stay on the move, so keep dashing or jumping or flying.

Best approach for me is to throw in Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), and then jump in with either Sudden Death (Tempest Strike) or straight melee.

You also have a passive ability called an aura, that transfers any status effects on to another target, once you melee the affected target. E.g. melee frozen target, and then melee another target and it will also freeze (unless it has shields).

Mw components mentioned above:

Way of the Bold: increases aura combo and also restores 20% armor after you defeat an enemy with melee.

Way of the Swift: increases assault system damage by 5%, and any LB hit increases RB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Conductive Lattice: increases electricity damage and electricity resistance, and increases gear cool down speed, and a three hit melee streak detonates an electric explosion.

Talisman of power: increases strike system damage by 10%, and any RB hit increases LB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Btw, be wary of the Vengeance Matrix component, its worded funny, as the wording says that it increases all damage by 50% and reduces damage taken by -25%. According to a dev on reddit, it decreases damage resistance by 25%.

Last two slots are for whatever you have.

Assault system: Absolute Zero apparently locks onto five targets and freezes them, and hitting an enemy from above detonates an ice explosion.

Strike system: Sudden Death, hitting an enemy detonates a fire explosion.

Or for ranged:

Plasma star is a throwing star that "melts through armor".

Support system: go for Target Beacon; it locks onto a target and reduces their resistances by 33%. If that enemy is defeated, the effect jumps to another enemy.

For consumables, I go for the gear sigil (speeds up gear recharge speed) , armor sigil, and melee sigil.

I think that pretty much covers everything lol. All the descriptions are 99% word for word for the description on the items.

Let me know if you want to know anything else!
Awesome! Thanks for the help. I've been using the vengeance matrix (the epic version) so I will have to get rid of that. I have a MW version of all three guns you mentioned so I will play around with those. Components and abilities are my lacking areas so I look out for what you listed. Thanks again!

Oct 26, 2017

*looks at imaginary build*

Can't tell you if you don't show us!

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Thanks for the help. I've been using the vengeance matrix (the epic version) so I will have to get rid of that. I have a MW version of all three guns you mentioned so I will play around with those. Components and abilities are my lacking areas so I look out for what you listed. Thanks again!
If you don't think Vengeance Matrix is affecting your survivability, then maybe stick with it. See how you feel.

Btw, imo, don't get rid of mw components, if you don't have to, or decent epics. You never know what combo you'll want, and you can stack a mw component, with an epic version of the same.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know why my assault launcher pulse blast does two times more damage by itself than when I use it as a denitator in a combo strike for half the damage. This is even with a component that allows my combo strikes to have 50% more damage when I do a combo. Not sure what's happening.

Oct 28, 2017
Any advice on an Interceptor build? Taking a break from Colossus but I'm kind of all over the place gear wise.
Raneri's Charge (Spark Dash mw). Recharges spark dash.
Cariff's Talon (Detonating Strike mw). Instantly restores 35% health on kill. Does not affect Shields though so i'm stacking armor instead.

Conductive Lattice - Electric explosion on 3 melee hits. Also boost Electric Resistances and Electric damage.
Talisman of Power - Any E hit increases Q damage by 50% for 5 seconds.
Way of the Swift - Any Q hit increases E damage by 50% for 5 seconds.
Way of the bold - Defeating enemy with a melee hit restores 20% Armor.
Way of integration - Gear hit streaks increases all damage by 30% for five seconds. Also boosts Acid resistances and Acid damage.
Way of Resolve - Dashing increases melee damage by 40% for 10 seconds.

I currently am missing Way of Resolve and am using a Legendary Vengeance Matrix instead.

For weapons i'm biased towards Machine pistols and shotties.
Vassa's Surprise - On a melee hit, gain 25% ammo in the magazine. (Hailstorm)
Rolling Carnage - Dashing increases this weapon's damage by 50% for 20 seconds. Stacks to 3. (Vengeance)

Papa pump is also great.
Divine Vengeance should also be good.
Ralner's Blaze too maybe.
Unending Battle is good as well.

I almost never use my weapons though. Constantly spark dashing from target to target. Gotta go fast!

Stack Purple Armor, Purple Shield and Green Armor for consumables just cause dps is already high enough so survivability is nicer.

Edit:
Oh and with a battle cry or rally cry or whatever it's called. The status clearing one, but i've been tempted to switch to the dps one... but clearing status effects is just so good.

Last edited: