• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
8KleWPK.png

I hate everything
least you got a legendary good for all javs. I haven't seen 1 legendary and barely and MW since Thursday. And with the Stronghold bug, I think I'm gonna put the game down for a bit while this gets sorted out...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Now is the ideal time to finish up your QP task for Challenge of Valor, thanks to almost always loading into the final boss fight of HOR. 5-10 minutes per run and a guaranteed MW component to boot.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Starting GM1 strongholds finally. Got my first 2 MW items...My Q and E items (whatever those types are).

Should I run strongholds or contracts/freeplay for grinding gear early on at 30?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Things I don't understand.

Why have items with gear speed and also LB/RB speed on the same item. Are they not doing the same thing?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Consistently getting 8-12 MW in 2-3 hours of Freeplay time, with the occasional Contract/mission thrown in. Sometimes more than that.

No legendaries yesterday, but after I put on my Luck build, I had a pretty mediocre Freeplay run (45-60 minutes, 1-2 MW) and then popped a Legendary from a Scar trash mob. Unfortunately, it is one of the not-great weapons, the LMG that has the recoil reducing ability.

Still, 3 legendaries in as many days since the loot update. Really wish I could get that lost one restored.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Consistently getting 8-12 MW in 2-3 hours of Freeplay time, with the occasional Contract/mission thrown in. Sometimes more than that.

No legendaries yesterday, but after I put on my Luck build, I had a pretty mediocre Freeplay run (45-60 minutes, 1-2 MW) and then popped a Legendary from a Scar trash mob. Unfortunately, it is one of the not-great weapons, the LMG that has the recoil reducing ability.

Still, 3 legendaries in as many days since the loot update. Really wish I could get that lost one restored.
What difficulty are you freeplaying on?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What difficulty are you freeplaying on?
GM2 Colossus. I tried my Ranger in GM2 but he's mushy as hell. Even my Storm had an easier time staying alive. Colossus is kinda easy mode, but also not, because you get yourself into even worse situations since you're aware you're a tank.

I've been using the Rubidium Furnace a lot more lately to prime mobs from a distance or set up flaming checkpoints they have to pass through. Particularly satisfying to pop one on a spawn point and just ground pound them into oblivion. It's especially good to tag team with another Colossus. It's like an alley-oop, priming them ahead of time.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
GM2 Colossus. I tried my Ranger in GM2 but he's mushy as hell. Even my Storm had an easier time staying alive. Colossus is kinda easy mode, but also not, because you get yourself into even worse situations since you're aware you're a tank.

I've been using the Rubidium Furnace a lot more lately to prime mobs from a distance or set up flaming checkpoints they have to pass through. Particularly satisfying to pop one on a spawn point and just ground pound them into oblivion. It's especially good to tag team with another Colossus. It's like an alley-oop, priming them ahead of time.
I dove right into gm2 with my ranger as he has the most legendary gear. Having an empty support slot really makes a difference. Sucks that they're patching that, though I wish they'd rather fix the problem itself. Tried colossus for the 1st time today in GM2. No legendaries except weapons. It felt like I was on GM1. Though a stronghold will be a better test.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Yea, colossus feels solid but my Ranger struggles more on higher GM. Maybe I need more gear but the Ranger seems a bit too much focused around having solid guns, whereas the other classes just use great abilities.

I personally think the Ranger single target combo is weak Compared to the other classes.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Is it right i am only getting one MW on GM2 level legendary contracts?

Been like this for the past 3 i have done. Seems measly.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, colossus feels solid but my Ranger struggles more on higher GM. Maybe I need more gear but the Ranger seems a bit too much focused around having solid guns, whereas the other classes just use great abilities.

I personally think the Ranger single target combo is weak Compared to the other classes.

Ranger has the best single target combo damage with a +50% boost, where other classes only get +20%. On GM2, when you see a Ranger priming - let it detonate the combos. With Tip of the Spear, every combo the Ranger procs will restore 40% to nearby teammates. I posted an unkillable Ranger build yesterday and it's great for GM2 solo, even better in groups.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ranger has the best single target combo damage with a +50% boost, where other classes only get +20%. On GM2, when you see a Ranger priming - let it detonate the combos. With Tip of the Spear, every combo the Ranger procs will restore 40% to nearby teammates. I posted an unkillable Ranger build yesterday and it's great for GM2 solo, even better in groups.
I get the feeling I just need more gear to make him viable. Also, seeing what items to equip and what they do without the stats screen, makes builds a little tricky to figure out.

accx

Oct 28, 2017
What's wrong with that? It's pretty good, especially if you get repair packs to drop often.

Yea except being an universal component it's severly lacking in Armor/Shields.
If the Armor were on par with Javelin specific components, but the shield were still gimped, i'd find it much much better.
It also didn't help that it was the first legendary drop in about 9 hours of playing.
However it seemed to create a snowball effect so i had like 3-4 legendary drops in 10 minutes afterwards.
The damage roll is nice though but meh..

I'm sure someone will come up with a super OP universal component build in the next few days. Some of the inscriptions are insane.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I finally unlocked a MW craftable gear. Rubidium Furnace which I've been using a ton. Guess I'll need to start harvesting more nodes.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dove right into gm2 with my ranger as he has the most legendary gear. Having an empty support slot really makes a difference. Sucks that they're patching that, though I wish they'd rather fix the problem itself. Tried colossus for the 1st time today in GM2. No legendaries except weapons. It felt like I was on GM1. Though a stronghold will be a better test.
I'll give the slot trick a try. I did it with Colossus but didn't really feel it was worth it since its whole role is surviving and tanking. Losing the possible armor/shield buff there hurts it too much IMO.

I am staying out of Strongholds until it's patched. Definitely feeling its absence but glad Freeplay can be fruitful.
addb7cf2-4b11-4d8b-8rhjpe.jpeg

Good roll? That damage looks like a beast.
Yeah, that's a keeper. The gear itself isn't one of the best but it's still a really good one to have, just knowing you can launch a rocket to (likely) restore a chunk of armor.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
Did anyone attend the The Technical Art of BioWare's Anthem at SXSW or is there a video of it? I wanted to hear what was said I know they promised a question and answer session.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
It should be solved when they put in legendaries on bosses and the special vanity chest after the boss. It's just annoying right now!
They did say they were fixing it these days. They're proving to be quite quick with these fixes.
I wouldn't say it's a major one though. I need more content soon most of all. Hopefully they manage to do everything together.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
with the Challenges there's one for discovering various locations...but I'm missing 1 in each area...there's a 'Track' option...what does this do if I enable it?...will it show a marker for me to follow to find the mission locations?...screenshot attached for clarification...

UV7cWOnh.png

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
They did say they were fixing it these days. They're proving to be quite quick with these fixes.
I wouldn't say it's a major one though. I need more content soon most of all. Hopefully they manage to do everything together.

Yeah, if chosing a specific stronghold started new ones instead of joining into old ones it would work too. Lots of things will help, I'm sure they will fix all these things soon enough.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
They need to put all of the chests at the end until you defeat the final boss of the Stronghold. For completion, you get Stronghold boss loot and 2 chests. Problem solved.
That was a no brainer from the start. I like the staggered chests, but the boss should be the one dropping all the loot at the end with the guaranteed master work. It's insanity no one saw this coming

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
with the Challenges there's one for discovering various locations...but I'm missing 1 in each area...there's a 'Track' option...what does this do if I enable it?...will it show a marker for me to follow to find the mission locations?...screenshot attached for clarification...

UV7cWOnh.png

Nope, best bet is to go into each thing and find the name of the one your missing, and Google the location.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh we've moved into hangouts now. I've been crazy busy lately so haven't played much since I reached a full Masterwork losdout on my Storm. How are people finding the new updates and such? Is loot closer to what people expect/want too?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to put all of the chests at the end until you defeat the final boss of the Stronghold. For completion, you get Stronghold boss loot and 2 chests. Problem solved.
That was a no brainer from the start. I like the staggered chests, but the boss should be the one dropping all the loot at the end with the guaranteed master work. It's insanity no one saw this coming
That causes the problem of not finishing a long Stronghold=waste of time. What if you make it to the boss, then wipe so often people quit out?

It really doesn't have to be one or the other. Simply add a chest for beating the boss that has higher chance of better loot and/or higher quantity of loot.
It's not a major one, but one of their primary endgame activities, Strongholds, are basically not an option right now. You can QP 10 or more times and still only get to the boss fights.

I know that's not the EXACT issue (there's a bug making people match into current games too often) you're addressing (lack of loot from bosses) but they're related. Fixing that bug, plus adding that boss loot, will do a lot.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
so what does the 'Track' option do if I enable it for those challenges?...I think some of the locations don't show you what you're missing...it just shows a question mark

It adds it to your tracked challenges list. So it's easier to find the ones you are looking to finish. Haha.

Sorry yeah, basically find a video or site that has everything for that area, and figure out what one you're missing.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
it's strange that playing Freeplay solo on Grandmaster 1 is pretty easy but playing some of those Legendary Contracts solo on GM1 feels pretty difficult...Strongholds are also pretty easy with a group on GM1...seems like GM2 and GM3 are where the insane difficulty spike hits...I haven't gotten a single Legendary drop during any Quickplay session on GM2 and GM3...

Oct 27, 2017
That causes the problem of not finishing a long Stronghold=waste of time. What if you make it to the boss, then wipe so often people quit out?

It really doesn't have to be one or the other. Simply add a chest for beating the boss that has higher chance of better loot and/or higher quantity of loot.

I see Anthem's Strongholds like Destiny's Strikes, and the way it's set up where you get your loot at the end makes sense. If you can't complete it on Heroic (GM1) or Nightfall (GM2/GM3), then want to quit out... tough s***! Git gud :p

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see Anthem's Strongholds like Destiny's Strikes, and the way it's set up where you get your loot at the end makes sense. If you can't complete it on Heroic (GM1) or Nightfall (GM2/GM3), then want to quit out... tough s***! Git gud :p
That actually might be a good way to balance the difficulty since the respawn changes made the game generally easier. I wouldn't mind a high risk high reward mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh we've moved into hangouts now. I've been crazy busy lately so haven't played much since I reached a full Masterwork losdout on my Storm. How are people finding the new updates and such? Is loot closer to what people expect/want too?

It's not as bad as it was, and I think it's in a good place right now. What BioWare needs to do is fix the Stronghold loot issue of people leaving and adding Legendary drops to the boss loot table. And then of course, get some new content out that isn't just kill more Scars in a different area while plugging in a battery in a Stider's ass.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Kind of shitty that javelin abilities are tied to loot drop being playing both Storm and Colossus and after being gear level 110 with my Colossus I still have no flamethrower and I still only have one focus seal ability with Storm.

Also the loot drop so far is boring with some shit afixes. 1% more damage? Ok Bioware.

That said I'm enjoying the game. It fun just hovering with the Storm while bringing down thunder and lightning onto the enemies or face tanking with the Hulkbuster.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two weeks left in March for:
  • Events: Beasts of the Field, Scar Infestation, Outlaw Outrage
  • Legendary Missions - Phase 1 (4 missions)
  • Elysian Caches

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I was wondering where you were lol
I've been offered a job in the games industry so lots of big change in my life, it's been a busy few weeks. I designed and almost finished 3 more charts for Anthem before becoming stupidly busy too.
It's not as bad as it was, and I think it's in a good place right now. What BioWare needs to do is fix the Stronghold loot issue of people leaving and adding Legendary drops to the boss loot table. And then of course, get some new content out that isn't just kill more Scars in a different area while plugging in a battery in a Stider's ass.
That's good to hear and I'm surprised the content hasn't dropped yet - we're meant to get the start of Act 1 this month right? Maybe they're saving it right for the end of March. Whatever that will be, I hope it reinvigorates some interest in the game along with their continued tweaking (hopefully for the better) of the loot drops and loot tables.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
I found a +100% legendary shotgun but i keep dying trying to stay close to enemies...
How do you effectively use a shotgun in this game?