Anthem |OT| GaaS Effect

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Total voters
Nov 16, 2017
So Anthem family, how’s the loot now?
The day they upped gm2 and gm3 drops is the day I started regularly playing GM2. Up to that point I felt pretty good in GM1 and only dabble din GM2. I have done all the available legendary contracts since the "patch" and my drops are no different from my experience with GM1. Just guaranteed drops with maybe 1-2 extras per the 3 runs. I do run without the support ability to get a bit more DPS out of my Javelin, which brings me to this

https://old.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...uality_is_linked_to_group_average_item_level/

I thought I was going nuts when the "level 1 gear fiasco" was happening as I was getting nothing but blues/purples with low power gear. Good to see my sanity is still somewhat intact.

Two weeks left in March for:
  • Events: Beasts of the Field, Scar Infestation, Outlaw Outrage
These took/are taking place. World events seem to be the only things working as intended.

Oct 27, 2017
I meant Brute but thought of Furies for some reason, lol, you are right. Still, recycled enemy. I wonder if there will be anything "new" new in March, like a new enemy or location. So far nothing on the horizon.
It's just an enemy, it's not recycled.

Hopefully there is some good actual new stuff this month though, yeah. These world events have been a huge letdown. Nothing new and exciting, and like 1000 coin as a reward.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just an enemy, it's not recycled.

Hopefully there is some good actual new stuff this month though, yeah. These world events have been a huge letdown. Nothing new and exciting, and like 1000 coin as a reward.
I firmly believe those coin rewards are leftovers of when the economy was balanced in another completely different way. I saw when I was playing that there was a challenge were you had to kill 75 Titans? and the reward was like 2k coins. So absurd.

Nov 1, 2017
they really need to improve the drop rates on Legendary items...I'm all for end-game grind but this is crazy...I've done a ton of Strongholds, Quickplay, Freeplay at various Grandmaster levels and have only received 2 Legendary drops (I did receive the Divine Vengeance assault rifle which is pretty cool)...I keep getting the exact same Masterwork drops over and over

also where is the March content drops?...way too many new Freeplay events listed on the March roadmap...they really needed to add at least 1 new Stronghold in March (a new one is scheduled for April)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the legendary missions will offer a guaranteed MW weapon (so that we have an activity for each item type, although it would be nice if all were repeatable for farming). I’d also like the guaranteed drop to have a small chance of dropping at legendary level.

And having the bosses drop their own loot seperately to the guaranteed drop for the SH would be a nice addition and extra incentive to stay for the boss kill.

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Legendary...

Blah.

So I'm starting to see the issue with endgame.

Purples are worthless and not even worth picking up. The time it takes to dismantle or "mark as trash" is the worst. Until they make it so you can convert embers up for crafting, what's the point?

How do you unlock MW and Legendary craftables?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we have guaranteed MW. Some kind of weekly Legendary would be great.
Got my first Legendary...

Blah.

So I'm starting to see the issue with endgame.

Purples are worthless and not even worth picking up. The time it takes to dismantle or "mark as trash" is the worst. Until they make it so you can convert embers up for crafting, what's the point?

How do you unlock MW and Legendary craftables?
Completing challenges with them--basically, kill legendaries. I recently unlocked a few MW gear pieces to craft.

Also, give that weapon a shot. Remember, the Legendary versions are better, stat-wise, than MW. They don't just have better inscriptions. The LMG legendary I got only did 350 damage a shot as a MW but does 500 damage a shot at Legendary, which is like a marksman rifle damage output.

Oct 27, 2017
I've now gotten Venoms Bite FIVE OUT OF SIX fucking times in my last 6 Stronghold runs.

The RNG is this game is fucked, and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist.

What are the statistical odds that I get the same fucking ability that many times in a row?

Fuck this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we have guaranteed MW. Some kind of weekly Legendary would be great.

Completing challenges with them--basically, kill legendaries. I recently unlocked a few MW gear pieces to craft.

Also, give that weapon a shot. Remember, the Legendary versions are better, stat-wise, than MW. They don't just have better inscriptions. The LMG legendary I got only did 350 damage a shot as a MW but does 500 damage a shot at Legendary, which is like a marksman rifle damage output.
Holy shit. It hits the Monitor for 29k per shot on the head. Guess that's a thing...

Oct 25, 2017
Another endgame piece of shit I hope they fix...

Selecting a specific Stronghold still matches you with people mid-match. So joining HoR is a fucking crapshoot. What the fuck is the difference between selecting versus QP at this point as a solo player? Nothing.

Oct 27, 2017

Selecting a specific Stronghold still matches you with people mid-match. So joining HoR is a fucking crapshoot. What the fuck is the difference between selecting versus QP at this point as a solo player? Nothing.
They’re aware of that and looking into that fixing it. Adding Legendary drops to the boss loot table should also give players an incentive to finish the whole thing.

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah they said it's bugged and hope to fix it soon.

It's annoying as fuck, I like hoping into a SH and just finishing a boss, but only when I select quickplay, not all the fucking time. I've done HoR like 20 times and only 1 was from the beginning, and then after carrying the whole team to monitor, they all fucking ditch. I must have had 15 different people join on me after that, finally I had to abandon it because no one would stay, and I wasn't going to waste my time soloing the boss.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, those rolls are beautiful. Congrats mate!
I used it last night and it turned out to be stronger than I expected. But I'm wondering if it's because it's a legendary weapon or if its because of the rolls.

The Harvest roll seems useless. The low Elemental roll seems bad. The Physical might be OK for jump slam combo spam? The Crit damage is fine, but if the max roll is 100%, my roll just seems low.

I guess I just need context!

Nov 17, 2017
I used it last night and it turned out to be stronger than I expected. But I'm wondering if it's because it's a legendary weapon or if its because of the rolls.

The Harvest roll seems useless. The low Elemental roll seems bad. The Physical might be OK for jump slam combo spam? The Crit damage is fine, but if the max roll is 100%, my roll just seems low.

I guess I just need context!
Physical is weapon damage as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Casey's statements seem to stoke more anger than anything else. I mean I get he wants to reassure people they're not bailing on the game, but unless you have some specifics to show / tease I don't think people are going to receive this as a positive 'update'... not sure how much longer they can just keep telling people "they're listening"