• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The fact they show devs PLAYING their own game is hilarious. That's been one of the community questions the past couple of weeks. Found it very amusing.
Lol! I thought that was comical too. And in the blog, "I'm the ranger" in whatever colors he mentioned. It's just...... Ugh. It's not the right way to go about any of this.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got done playing a little Path of Exile.

There really isn't a loot shooter equivalent of it or Diablo yet. Warframe is closest, but only when it comes to mobs and mob density, I think.

Anthem gets close when there are a lot of enemies, but there is a different design philosophy and sense of satisfaction that comes from destroying hundreds of enemies per dungeon. Loot drops are so frequent it can be almost annoying in PoE sometimes, if you want to actually sell things you pick up (limited inventory).

I get that there are graphics hurdles when it comes to having dozens of on-screen characters in a modern shooter vs them. The only real loot shooters on the market are AAA (I guess Warframe may not be technically an AAA game) and tend to prioritize presentation and graphics.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, my Alliance friends list is down to 1 person playing currently (it reset today). Add my on Xbox if you want coin or want to play sometime.

GT: Gareth Marenghi

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong or does solo GM1 feel super easy compared to group GM1? Like with contracts and such?

Also, I have 3 yellow contracts on my map still. And one seems to keep repeating - the Arcanist one? Do you eventually run out of yellow contracts and only have purple ones? Or do they repeat forever?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Am I wrong or does solo GM1 feel super easy compared to group GM1? Like with contracts and such?

Also, I have 3 yellow contracts on my map still. And one seems to keep repeating - the Arcanist one? Do you eventually run out of yellow contracts and only have purple ones? Or do they repeat forever?

Difficulty scales by number of players. So if you have bad randos or can be harder with others.

Yellow contracts repeat endlessly. Legendary once a day.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Fuck me. So you can get 3 Legendary Contracts a day, right? I need to figure out which quest line I need to finish to open the third then...

Yarrow, Brin and Matthias.

For Brin's I had to just go talk to her (no map indicator showing) and for Mathias I had a quest or contract in the journal that wasn't showing in the mission select map until I tracked it in the journal.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Yeah my alliance coins have been going down every week because so many people have stopped playing. Was all 10s week 1 and 2. Reset just past had one level 10, a 7 and three 5s. I fully anticipate it being a 7, a 4 and a couple of 2s this time around.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Another endgame piece of shit I hope they fix...

Selecting a specific Stronghold still matches you with people mid-match. So joining HoR is a fucking crapshoot. What the fuck is the difference between selecting versus QP at this point as a solo player? Nothing.
Huh, I rarely get put into strongholds mid-match when selecting "strongholds" from the menu. Starts at the beginning 95% of the time. I'm playing on the X though, does the platform matter?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I rarely get put into strongholds mid-match when selecting "strongholds" from the menu. Starts at the beginning 95% of the time. I'm playing on the X though, does the platform matter?
nope its a major issue that they highlighted on reddit and are fixing as its not worth it (if you dont need the guaranteed MW ability) to waste time fighting the bosses in SH, most are bailing after the 2nd chest since the boss cannot drop legendaries. Made it impossible to play strongholds all weekend

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 20 people that were playing when I started are all gone. Anedoctal, for sure, but it seems Anthem is in dire, dire straits right now. Plus no new content on the horizon, a blog post that doesnt say anything (And a tad bit desperate) and still tons of bugs and loot issues, not to mention the absurd smoke and mirror mechanics that are exposed on reddit almost daily makes me worry this game wont be supported not even six months down the line.

They did say Andromeda was going to be supported at the beginning of that games fiasco, so they saying that they will support Anthem right now doesnt mean much.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
i havent touched the game in 2 days and with sekiro on Friday, thinking Anthem will be going on the shelf for a while. The myriad of issues with loot and end game has taken all the winds out of my sails. I still love how the game feels and plays but there's too many issues with it right now that makes me feel like I'm just wasting my time grinding while not being able to trust my armor bar (whether its bugged, the ui is bugged or if it's correct), the luck stat and the scaled damage.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nope its a major issue that they highlighted on reddit and are fixing as its not worth it (if you dont need the guaranteed MW ability) to waste time fighting the bosses in SH, most are bailing after the 2nd chest since the boss cannot drop legendaries. Made it impossible to play strongholds all weekend
It can also depend on your difficulty. I started HoR from the beginning, first try, in GM1 the other day. GM2? I can go 10 tries without getting into a fresh game.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure everyone has a different experience. But anytime I start HoR on GM1, I am joining right as everyone hits the Monitor fight. I've not seen the whole instance in well over 10 runs now. So I just don't run it anymore. It's actually really starting to get to me and BW needs to prioritize some of these fixes.

Oh, and communicate with everyone about what's going on. Because that fucking piece of trash "we're working on the game still" announcement was a waste of everyone's time. I LOVE the way the game feels and plays, but as I pass the 40 hour mark, I'm stating to see why people don't like playing the game.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some fixes and perhaps some info about upcoming content.

I'm at the point that I don't really have an incentive to play currently. Normally I'd happily lap up the hunt for collectibles but the way that works in this game is so fucking stupid I'm not sure I can be bothered to. I'm at about 20/30 of the misplaced writings and fuck knows how many of the intel locations.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm at the point that I don't really have an incentive to play currently. Normally I'd happily lap up the hunt for collectibles but the way that works in this game is so fucking stupid I'm not sure I can be bothered to. I'm at about 20/30 of the misplaced writings and fuck knows how many of the intel locations.
Same. I'm back on Path of Exile. Really need that loot fix.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After spending 5-6 hours a day playing on GM2 since the loot patch and getting one legendary a day, i decided to give GM3 a shot. Strongholds are a crapshoot because the community fucking sucks and has a bunch of Epic level guys in their 500s trying to play an activity desgined for 700 level players. but freeplay GM3 and contracts are ok i guess. i am 732 now and prime the hell out of everyone leaving my team to detonate those primers.

got three legendaries yesterday in around 3 hours of play time. all for other classes so useless in a way, but its something.

i really hope they increase the drop rates even more and make them guaranteed. i have 500 masterwork embers and absolutely nothing to spend them on because i cant make components until i get 50k and i am literally swimming in masterwork abilities. the end game is supposed to be about legendaries and they have an awful drop rate with no other guaranteed way of obtaining them.

despite all of destiny's issues, you could go into the raid and get some of the best weapons in the game. you also had xur coming in selling weapons every now and then. they introduced three of coins in year 2. they had exotic quests in year 1 for thorn, pocket infinity and the last word. it felt like you were making progress. diablo let you craft your own weapons and edit your legendaries. here its all RNG. you cannot make a game 100% RNG.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, they need to do three things:

1) Fix the mid-game join issue.
2) Let Monitor drop legendaries/a chest after you defeat him (same for all bosses)
3) New Content. Like, everywhere. Missions, Strongholds, free-play (and a reason to play free-play like Legendary drops from a world-event).

As an unpopular opinion, I think Legendaries need to be an RNG drop for blueprints and then crafted. Give us a reason to go to free-play to farm crap, make them more unique looking and tied to specific feats. Because right now, my farming happens in Strongholds when I pick up a ton of purple items and then destroy them.

There are other issues of course. Without a shared social space and ability to show off hard-earned loot the incentive to grind just isnt there. Say what you will about destiny but Raid specific loot, seeing other peoples ships in combat, down to player banners let you know how good a player was or how dedicated they were to the game. With Anthem I have NO idea how good my team-mates are, what their stats are, etc. They need to incentivize grinding forever so I can impress randos or the player drop-off will only get worse.

The biggest issue with the game is it has a single grindy challenge post-game and it nets you a Vinyl that is hard for other players to see because of the (admittedly awesome) character customization.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Strongholds are a crapshoot because the community fucking sucks and has a bunch of Epic level guys in their 500s trying to play an activity desgined for 700 level players. but freeplay GM3 and contracts are ok i guess. i am 732 now and prime the hell out of everyone leaving my team to detonate those primers.

Yeah, they need to set a minimum javelin level for GM3 and GM2.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are other issues of course. Without a shared social space and ability to show off hard-earned loot the incentive to grind just isnt there. Say what you will about destiny but Raid specific loot, seeing other peoples ships in combat, down to player banners let you know how good a player was or how dedicated they were to the game. With Anthem I have NO idea how good my team-mates are, what their stats are, etc. They need to incentivize grinding forever so I can impress randos or the player drop-off will only get worse.
they dont even show if the other players got something. in destiny, you know who got the Gjallahorn and who didnt. thats what made it fun.

i remember how one of our friends was insanely lucky with exotic guns through out all first three years of destiny. it became kind of a meme after a while because it felt like he was stealing everyone's loot.

i also think its hilarious how they show a level 30 has joined the game. ok? everyone is level 30 in the end game. in the first e3 2017 demo, they had the sense to show that the person joining was had a masterwork javelin and another icon next to them. back then they went over level 30 as well. its such an easy thing to fix, just show the goddamn light level of the person joining.

P.S i am with you on letting us craft legendaries.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
they dont even show if the other players got something. in destiny, you know who got the Gjallahorn and who didnt. thats what made it fun.

i remember how one of our friends was insanely lucky with exotic guns through out all first three years of destiny. it became kind of a meme after a while because it felt like he was stealing everyone's loot.

i also think its hilarious how they show a level 30 has joined the game. ok? everyone is level 30 in the end game. in the first e3 2017 demo, they had the sense to show that the person joining was had a masterwork javelin and another icon next to them. back then they went over level 30 as well. its such an easy thing to fix, just show the goddamn light level of the person joining.

P.S i am with you on letting us craft legendaries.

Yeah, all of this. I mean, the core gameplay here is *so* good. But it's like they never looked at what it is that makes online grind-fests popular to begin with. Going back to WoW having a dope mount, cool gear was the point. People saw you come into a game and knew you weren't someone to mess with.

Like, why do the MW versions of gear have the same animation as the regular ones? If I've got a legendary weapon or legendary abilities I want it to *look* like I'm raining hellfire down from above. Why doesn't my super ability change when I level? Like, these are small things. The Gjallahorn didn't *just* look cool, it had the arching second blast animation. When a raid party was lobbing bombs at a downed boss it felt epic as hell. Here? I don't know what damage other players are doing, I don't know their power level, I don't know what they are bringing to the fight. Half the time I don't know what they are doing at all.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Yes this was a real shame for me. I planned on there always being something to do with trinkets to find and what have you, but it's not going to be any fun chasing those down.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that they can introduce some kind of skill/perk/sigil that pings your radar in freeplay for that stuff, that would be a fairly elegant solution and we know that something like that already exists within the game because most of the contracts use it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Talking elysian caches.
Bosses will have more uncapped loot rolls to make it worth it.
Chests are also boosted with more items.
Forge. No loading screen. Accessable from options. Also shows all your components.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yay loot fixed!

Bosses drop legendaries now. And its uncapped.
All chests in strongholds and freeplay got buffed. more chance for legendaries
No more spawning in a stronghold boss.
Chest at the end of Legendary contract.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Legendary missions. Crit path missions to redo. Cycles randomly. Apex creatures added to story. Plus new chests. No story conversations, it's just right into missions. All encounters are balanced to full party and more difficult.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legendary missions. Crit path missions to redo. Cycles randomly. Apex creatures added to story. Plus new chests. No story conversations, it's just right into missions. All encounters are balanced to full party and more difficult.
i joined the stream a few minutes late. did they say when this patch goes live?

hope its today

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
FOV to cover flight, zooming, ground etc.
Performance updates. Weather, time of day etc tweaked to improve performance.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
So far I'm pretty impressed with these changes. Seems like they are doing serious work on the game. That Forge QOL change is awesome.