• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I had some good luck last night and got 4 legendaries over 4 hours or so of playing. One from a chest in Tyrant Mines on GM2, one from a random enemy on a GM2 legendary contract and two from one run of Heart of Ruin on GM1 (was my third run).

Two were pretty meh, but the other two were very good. A storm component with 43 luck and ok rolls otherwise and a better version of my Vassa's Suprise machine pistol that also had 43 luck and 250% weapon damage (old was 200% and meh rolls in other slots).

Now I'm well over the 90 luck cap (think 159) without even trying and having to equip gear I don't want to use and can go higher if the cap gets removed/changed.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Slowly getting to the point where I am happy with my Ranger and working on Colossus. Not even bothered with Interceptor or Wusswizz.

Find myself mainly logging in to do my Legendary Contracts and Story stuff. Damn, I hope the April update is big on content because I am drying up here.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Find myself mainly logging in to do my Legendary Contracts and Story stuff. Damn, I hope the April update is big on content because I am drying up here.

Yeah my buddy and I are much the same. Mostly just logging on to hang out and chat as gaming is the main way we talk and it's the first game we've gotten into together since Destiny 1. We're really looking forward to Borderlands 3 as we played a shitton of BL2 together.

But yeah, we mostly just do our dailies, do a stronghold to use the key (maybe some freeplay events to get the key on days it isn't just doing contracts to get it) and maybe do the story mission. If I play by myself any these days I'll just do that and maybe do some HoR GM1 runs as I still need legendaries in several slots on my Storm.

I have the Interceptor and Collossus geared enough to do GM1 with randos or GM2 with my buddy and a couple randos, but rarely play them. The game is a enough of a grind already with trying to gear up one class. I just messed around some as I got a lot of MW and a few Legendary drops for them while playing Storm before the last patch.

I don't have high hopes for the update this month. From what's been rumored just sounds like some minor changes/event in free play and a new stronghold. Having another stronghold will be nice, but odds are it will just be harder/longer and not worth doing vs. GM1 HoR runs for legendary farming. i.e. it will be fun for a few runs, and then back to the faster grind for those still playing and gearing up.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those struggling to do damage in GM3 with Storm, i have the perfect build for you.

I call it Thor The God of Thunder.

You need some Legendary god rolls on these two items.

- Statis Chain
- Ponder Infinity

I have Statis Chain for +250% damage and 3 charges for Ponder Infinity. You need Ponder Infinity for the 60% boost in electric damage while hovering that will turn your statis chain into a 250k-350k DPS machine.

Statis Chain does not prime anyone but it hits hard twice AND it chains to other two enemies. First hit is usually 40k, second hit is 60k. For each enemy. It shreds shields.

For weapons, I roll with Thunderbolt of Yuvenia, which has a 33% damage of dealing electric damage. This usually procs for 60k.

I can run elemental rage and get 100% extra elemental damage for all my abilities but i find it annoying to switch weapons and build the 20 hit meter just to get that extra damage. its good for bosses though. I just run a different weapon that has a 100% shield inscription to give me that extra health on GM3. Or if i am running GM3 freeplay or GM2 content, i use another legendary weapon that has inscriptions that give me like +60% total gear damage.

With Gunslinger Mark component, i do 100k crit damage per statis chain hit on all bosses. I am not even using the Token of Precision for extra electric damage because a legendary version of that component has yet to drop for me. But with Mark of Wrath, Token of the Master, Token of the Pupil and Gunslinger Mark, i think i have enough DPS capabilities to be able to afford some defensive components like Emergency power and Vanguard Token.

I might switch to Vol Blaze to get that acid damage buff at the expense of 60% extra hovering damage since the acid buff should give everyone on my team extra damage. I find that acid debuffs on GM2 and GM3 are very important. I ran into a ranger yesterday who primed everyone with an acid grenade and proceeded to one hit kill them.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doing my little check-in here. Has performance improved on PC during the last few weeks?
DLSS has improved performance a lot and i dont notice any difference between native 1440p and DLSS 1440p. if anything, i think it looks better. I used to have to go down to High settings at 1440p on my RTX 2080 to maintain a locked 60 fps with vsync on, but with DLSS, i can do Ultra at a locked 60 fps.

they also turned off all the weather effects which drastically improved performance as well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I'll have to try that electric build, think I have a few Ponder Infinity and Stasis Chains, so hopefully some have good rolls.

I still have a hard time getting away for Winter's Wrath though as it's so good for crowd control and help's my buddy's ranger just shred mobs--even better when the rando's with us are better. But I could probably use a better DPS build for when playing with three randos to alleviate frustration some when they suck.

Otherwise, we mostly just play on GM2 and GM3 just isn't much fun (other than Freeplay, which we rarely do anymore) and the rewards don't seem any better in terms of legendary drop rates to justify the added time. We sometimes do the legendary contracts on GM3 just for some added challenge to break up the monotony some. Strongholds on GM3 just don't seem worth the time investment at all. We usually do them together on GM2 to not have them be a total cakewalk, but HoR on GM1 seems the best for legendary farming still.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Yeah my buddy and I are much the same. Mostly just logging on to hang out and chat as gaming is the main way we talk and it's the first game we've gotten into together since Destiny 1. We're really looking forward to Borderlands 3 as we played a shitton of BL2 together.

But yeah, we mostly just do our dailies, do a stronghold to use the key (maybe some freeplay events to get the key on days it isn't just doing contracts to get it) and maybe do the story mission. If I play by myself any these days I'll just do that and maybe do some HoR GM1 runs as I still need legendaries in several slots on my Storm.

I have the Interceptor and Collossus geared enough to do GM1 with randos or GM2 with my buddy and a couple randos, but rarely play them. The game is a enough of a grind already with trying to gear up one class. I just messed around some as I got a lot of MW and a few Legendary drops for them while playing Storm before the last patch.

I don't have high hopes for the update this month. From what's been rumored just sounds like some minor changes/event in free play and a new stronghold. Having another stronghold will be nice, but odds are it will just be harder/longer and not worth doing vs. GM1 HoR runs for legendary farming. i.e. it will be fun for a few runs, and then back to the faster grind for those still playing and gearing up.
If they're sticking to the road map there should be a new stronghold, mastery system (some sort of max level use for XP), guilds, weekly stronghold challenges, legendary missions part 2, leaderboards and some new items.

But yeah generally I agree with you guys. Totally hitting that wall, need more stuff to do than do dailies and run HoR and not get legendaries.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
If they're sticking to the road map there should be a new stronghold, mastery system (some sort of max level use for XP), guilds, weekly stronghold challenges, legendary missions part 2, leaderboards and some new items.

But yeah generally I agree with you guys. Totally hitting that wall, need more stuff to do than do dailies and run HoR and not get legendaries.

Yeah I overly simplified a bit as I really just need more playable content, so the new stronghold is the only thing I'm really looking forward to.

A mastery system isn't that compelling as it's just something else to grind (along with power level/god rolls) to level up for no real reason since their aren't any raids or other tough end game content to level up for right now. Challenges are either the same, or just more coin which is useless since the in-game store sucks and I'm not big on cosmetics.

To be fair, I just always hit a wall after 2 or 3 months (or less) with these kind of "endless" loot games as there's always that point where I realize I'm pretty much a hamster on a wheel doing the same thing over and over and getting nowhere. It just doesn't seem possible to put out enough new gameplay content often enough to have a true, constant sense of progression in AAA looter shooter type games. If you're not one that just loves optimizing builds and chasing god rolls at some point you get bored and leave until there's a major expansion (if you come back at all).

Last edited:

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yay! New stronghold.

D35hYbBU4AAj8OH.jpg:large

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
We need a Outlaw Stronghold. 2 Scar ones and 1 Dominion one. I need an Outlaw one to grind out the weekly challenges. heh

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Along with the new Stronghold, I would love if they would add 3-4 more areas to the world map. With 2 caves/dungeons in each and 2-3 new world events in each as well. It would be cool for them to be a snowy environment where you fly a lot longer because of the cold temp. It would include new missions with a new part of Fort Tarsis where you talk with new NPC's that give out missions etc.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Yeah I overly simplified a bit as I really just need more playable content, so the new stronghold is the only thing I'm really looking forward to.

A mastery system isn't that compelling as it's just something else to grind (along with power level/god rolls) to level up for no real reason since their aren't any raids or other tough end game content to level up for right now. Challenges are either the same, or just more coin which is useless since the in-game store sucks and I'm not big on cosmetics.

To be fair, I just always hit a wall after 2 or 3 months (or less) with these kind of "endless" loot games as there's always that point where I realize I'm pretty much a hamster on a wheel doing the same thing over and over and getting nowhere. It just doesn't seem possible to put out enough new gameplay content often enough to have a true, constant sense of progression in AAA looter shooter type games. If you're not one that just loves optimizing builds and chasing god rolls at some point you get bored and leave until there's a major expansion (if you come back at all).
Yeah true, the Stronghold is the only really new content apart from the new items. Everything else is slightly additional reasons to do what's already there, and there's only so many hours you can repeat the same few things even if the combat loop is really fun.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the big patch at the end of the month comes with a bunch of bug fixes and QoL changes aswell. I also hope we'll see a new boss at the end of the new stronghold but im sure they'll just reuse an already existing enemy type.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased this game on PC but did not yet play it.

I would play mainly single-player focused.

Should I jump into this or is it better to wait for more issues to get resolved?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I purchased this game on PC but did not yet play it.

I would play mainly single-player focused.

Should I jump into this or is it better to wait for more issues to get resolved?
It's a solid game. I think, if you jumped in now, the new content would hit at a good time, right about where you might be getting bored/frustrated. Otherwise, might as well wait.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
end of april patch might comes with a few QoL changes and fixes beside the new content.

As for may... dont get your hopes up about cataclysm. I think it will be a shitty freeplay event on steroids

The state of this game is so damn depressing. I miss my Colossus, but they need to give us a reason to give a shit anymore.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSA

switch between javelins and run at least one stronghold, GM1 HOR for efficiency, with each javelin to increase your legendary drop rate. Saw this on YouTube and it works like a charm..

Spent the whole day running gm3 and gm2 content with just one drop after 4 hours. then saw the vid and started switching after every round, only played multiple consecutive rounds with storm because it's my main and got 6 legendaries in 12 games. That's 1 every 15 minutes. Pretty crazy stuff.

Pretty sure they will fix this soon so try it before it hits Reddit.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I just purchased and started to download the standard edition from origin, if I played the legion of dawn edition via Premier Access do I get to keep the dlc content if my sub ends?

Last edited:

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

Looks like outlaws for the new stronghold, thank fuck. Fingers crossed they reveal some juicy details about other new content in the stream tonight.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
That is almost certainly exactly what's going to happen. Just don't watch and catch up here for any new info that drops without spoiling the content.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently (according to some on reddit), BW have upped the leg loot drops pre-stream. Whether it'll go back afterwards is unknown.
I'm so fucking depressed with this game, that I can't even be bothered to turn it on to check, after months away from it. It was my first pre-order since SW BFII, and that was a fucking disappointment too. Don't think I'll ever pre-order an EA game again...well until Jedi Fallen Order lol.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently (according to some on reddit), BW have upped the leg loot drops pre-stream. Whether it'll go back afterwards is unknown.
I'm so fucking depressed with this game, that I can't even be bothered to turn it on to check, after months away from it. It was my first pre-order since SW BFII, and that was a fucking disappointment too. Don't think I'll ever pre-order an EA game again...well until Jedi Fallen Order lol.
First game I preordeded in years. Got me to go back to Destiny so I would can calm down about the level of fraud this game is lol.

Actually logged in yesterday for the first time in forever to check things out and the game is still in a terrible state. Took me 9 minutes of loading screens from booting to going directly to a stronghold.

cdn_bacon13

Mar 13, 2019
Took me 9 minutes of loading screens from booting to going directly to a stronghold.

Is this for real? What are you running it on? I am on an OG PS4 and I have never timed it but I know I don't come close to 9 minutes to get into stronghold from boot. I am probably less than half of that. Which I think is OK, Destiny is no different, you just get to watch a flying ship instead of a still image.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Is this for real? What are you running it on? I am on an OG PS4 and I have never timed it but I know I don't come close to 9 minutes to get into stronghold from boot. I am probably less than half of that. Which I think is OK, Destiny is no different, you just get to watch a flying ship instead of a still image.
Ps4 slim on wifi. For fun I'll try it on my pro which has a wired connection (1gbps) this week.

I expected the loading though, I just wanted to see if the gameplay had improved at all.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Actually logged in yesterday for the first time in forever to check things out and the game is still in a terrible state. Took me 9 minutes of loading screens from booting to going directly to a stronghold.

Fuck that's bad. At worst I had to wait a minute or so, unless loading screen bug hit.

Against all better judgement, was thinking of moving on to Division 2, but that seems to be having problems as well, with builds being nerfed, and no one knowing where they stand until May at least.

In all honesty, I would like to get back into Anthem, because there is a gem amongst all that turd, but I don't know if EA will ever allow BW to polish it.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
"Freelancers - We are moving the Anthem Livestream to Tuesday, April 23rd due to some unforeseen connection issues we're having in our streaming studio. We'll follow up with more details next week. "

giphy.gif

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"Freelancers - We are moving the Anthem Livestream to Tuesday, April 23rd due to some unforeseen connection issues we're having in our streaming studio. We'll follow up with more details next week. "

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This isn't the first time they've had issues with their streams either lmao

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Issues my ass. Just say that you are not ready to show off the new content because its not ready at all.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely disgusting lol. Their first live stream in almost a month and they do this literally an hour before the stream. i am flabbergasted tbh.

I mean even if they ran into streaming issues, there is nothing stopping them from doing the stream tomorrow. or the day after tomorrow. Or you know just put down the patch notes. Tell us they will fix the loot at least.

i know you get banned here for criticizing the competence of devs, but i think the management around this game is absolutely trash. I have put up with Bungie's stubborness for 5+ years, and have played several other GaaS games and Bioware is by far literally the worst GaaS studio I have ever seen when it comes to community management. i like their games, i went to bat for Anthem and Andromeda a couple of years ago, but this is just plain inexcusable.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017

giphy.gif

So... this couldn't be:
• Recorded on video and then uploaded from a different connection and released
• Written down in bullet points

" Nope, we have internet issues. Wait 6 days."

They aren't ready to give an update