• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
I unlocked the Interceptor first thinking it would play a bit like the Adept/Biotic build from Mass Effect, with Charge and Nova (pounding the ground) but it feels kinda weak so far. The melee ultimate is also confusing since the FoV is so low.

Game in general feels confusing and incoherent so far. No idea what the fuck is going on with the "story".

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, are the loading screens for those offshoot areas in the open world still there or was that just for the demo?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I unlocked the Interceptor first thinking it would play a bit like the Adept/Biotic build from Mass Effect, with Charge and Nova (pounding the ground) but it feels kinda weak so far. The melee ultimate is also confusing since the FoV is so low.

Storm is basically your Adept in this and yeah Interceptor is kiiiinda like Vanguard, it has a Charge ability (although not quite as good as Vanguard's). They could probably make a Vanguard Javelin in this at some point lol.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
It is hard to overstate how much better the full game is than the demo. Very much relieved. I can't understand what they were thinking putting out that demo.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Storm is basically your Adept in this and yeah Interceptor is kiiiinda like Vanguard, it has a Charge ability (although not quite as good as Vanguard's). They could probably make a Vanguard Javelin in this at some point lol.
Yeah I need to unlock more abilities first but Interceptor was probably not the best choice as a first unlock. At least for me.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I hate myself so much, I paid the £15 bribe to play a week early. Damn my friend for twisting my arm.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Game plays way better with a controller imho, even on PC. The rumble alone makes shooting so much more fun.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Game in general feels confusing and incoherent so far. No idea what the fuck is going on with the "story".

In the demo I found that while playing the Interceptor is fun, you kind of miss a lot of combat cues and information if that's the first javelin you play.

You need to get your feet wet with Ranger or Storm so you can get a proper understanding of combat flow imo.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Performance seems to be a lot better for me on PC. Not that I was having problems previously, performance seems to be higher.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
After checking out the Legion of the Dawn stuff, I really dont think its worth it for the extra $20. Its just the colors/skins and vynls right? If thats it, I would not pay the extra imo.
EDIT: oh, I guess it comes with some weapons too for the Ranger, but I didnt see them in my Forge so i dunno how they are yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Legion of Dawn Ranger:

LPsZQ5i.jpg

ri4wuZg.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Origin isn't letting me download Anthem even though I should have a 10 hour trial for it with Access Basic. When I press "Get the game" it just gives me the option to pre-order (10% off) or get Premier.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Performance seems to be a lot better for me on PC. Not that I was having problems previously, performance seems to be higher.
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus so far. Someone in performance thread with a 970 said they were getting 60fps on High/Ultra @ 1080p.

Origin isn't letting me download Anthem even though I should have a 10 hour trial for it with Access Basic. When I press "Get the game" it just gives me the option to pre-order (10% off) or get Premier.
I just signed up for Basic and I'm currently installing. Try restarting the client? I found the game by searching Anthem.

Oct 25, 2017
I just signed up for Basic and I'm currently installing. Try restarting the client?
I think you have to search for it via the shop or something, it's apparently not in the obvious place.
Solved it.

The trial only appeared when I go to Origin with my web browser. The client never gives the option to get the trial and just pushes Premier. Now I got the trial through the web store.

Shitty design from EA.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017

Good to hear that performance will be improved. It's much better than the demo, but I don't think it's fully there yet.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see myself potentially double dipping for the XB1X version if it goes on sale in the next few months if the performance and HDR are good just so I can put my OLED through its paces lol

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Damn, I was pretty down on Anthem in Alpha and the Demo but the gameplay is REALLY fun. Lets see if it holds up.
Anyone know when you unlock your second javelin?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not liking how every character is a jokester. Every dialogue seems sarcastic.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Solved it.

The trial only appeared when I go to Origin with my web browser. The client never gives the option to get the trial and just pushes Premier. Now I got the trial through the web store.

Shitty design from EA.

Off topic but I was having the same exact issue with Uplay Windows client vs. website and getting into the Division 2 install. Such simple things get overlooked and suck.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
The flight controls are noticably improved from the pre patch demo but it's still annoying, the in flight camera wobbling needs to be turned way down and the crosshair needs to be more precisely controlled with a mouse.