• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the real issue here EA's insistence in every bloody game they make using Frostbite? It seems that engine just causes enormous issues whenever a dev team tries to make something that isn't an FPS.

Frostbite is awful, but it's not like these problems (long load times, texture stream issues) haven't been present in each of BioWare's UE3 games as well.

The movement in Fort Tarsis is so comically awful that it makes me wonder if they just ported over the movement from, say, Mirror's Edge and took away the run and jump buttons. I mean, if there's anything Frostbite is supposed to be good at, isn't it first person movement?

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Basically, when you get the trials, it's supposed to count all the things that you did before you actually received the quest. So if you did 20 missions before you received the quest, it should say 20 out of 30 completed. For some, it's starting at zero.
Like, one of the trials asks you to complete 5 world events. Let's say I did 5 world events before getting to the tomb section, that trial should already be complete when I find the tomb. It sounds like for some reason, they weren't counting, and people are having to satisfy those conditions from scratch, which is very time consuming.
Maybe it's meant to be like this? Like it'll actually count when the assignments gets assigned. Otherwise everyone will be done with everything and the way will just be always open for them. Thank you lads for your patience and info

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
The only bad challenge is the Yvenia one. Do you just fly around to look for chests? I only found two so far, this shit isn't easy to see thanks to the low FoV. Also what are collectibles? The stuff you see on the walls sometimes where you have to press X?

Edit: Ok I found multiple videos on YT showing the locations. All good.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
The only bad challenge is the Yvenia one. Do you just fly around to look for chests? I only found two so far, this shit isn't easy to see thanks to the low FoV. Also what are collectibles? The stuff you see on the walls sometimes where you have to press X?

Copllectibles are lore entry. Check near the tomb entrance there's a lot of them. For the chest, the chest from world event also count so make sure you're the one opening those.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Do world events, a chest drops always after finishing one

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like this game is a hard pass for me. Thanks for the early impressions lol. Bless you EA for having EA access

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm playing solo and holy shit the rubberbanding is INSANE.
It's unplayable in this state, and I don't understand why I have so much rubberbanding if there are only AI enemies with me in the mission.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Very strange how they fucked this up so bad, considering they had 6 years and could easily learn from Destiny and Warframe in the process.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
why does it not credit others? it would be like Destiny awarding only the player who opens the chest first at Public Events l

I'm guessing because you can't play Freeplay without grouping up online (even if they're on the other side of the map, which they usually are). Dumb design.

Very strange how they fucked this up so bad, considering they had 6 years and could easily learn from Destiny and Warframe in the process.

Eh I doubt it's been in full production for more than 2 years or so, since ME:A's release. Destiny, Division, Warframe all had tons of growing pains -- this is the price of BioWare coming to the party five years late.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Even on PS4 Pro, Gamble was very proud to indicate that they cut near half of the frames for more "smooth"
I was expecting this (they suggested as much in a previous tweet), but it's a little disappointing to be confirmed. Hopefully they add performance options for Pro/X in the future, because the demo for me was really solid performance wise.

Happy enough with a smooth 30, but I'd have liked the opportunity to unlock the framerate.

why does it not credit others? it would be like Destiny awarding only the player who opens the chest first at Public Events l
You get the rewards from opening the chest, it just doesn't credit you for the quest if you're not the one doing the opening. Pretty sure I read this is fixed in the real day 1 (22nd) patch.

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
I'm playing solo and holy shit the rubberbanding is INSANE.
It's unplayable in this state, and I don't understand why I have so much rubberbanding if there are only AI enemies with me in the mission.
I had this happen too. Also a weird thing where you reload but you are still shooting and then it actual reloads and you still hear the shooting sound.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing because you can't play Freeplay without grouping up online (even if they're on the other side of the map, which they usually are). Dumb design.

Eh I doubt it's been in full production for more than 2 years or so, since ME:A's release. Destiny, Division, Warframe all had tons of growing pains -- this is the price of BioWare coming to the party five years late.

ME:A was made by a totally different studio. This games been in production since 2012, and Dragon Age: Inquisiton was released in 2014 so even if you assume the entire studio was working on that it's still over 4 years of work here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, I know. It just seems like it's not even there compared to the demo. It's likely just a perception issue in Tarsis, since in the demo I was barely able to stay at even 50fps there.

Edit: Ok I found multiple videos on YT showing the locations. All good.

There are changing it in the full release to count for everyone in a group. However, if you really want to cheese it solo, here's the really easy way to do it (this is going to work on GM3 as well until they nerf it)...

As soon as you leave Tarsis, go directly to the right. Drop off the side and keep going along the top of the lower portion of the right wall. There is always a chest just sitting there. Until others start catching on anyway.

Last edited:

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Now look at this wicked cosplay!!

35-EFE03-E-95-D1-4416-BDE8-0118906-E6-AA1.jpg

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't really get a definitive answer last time so I'm gonna ask again.

Are there any different biodomes other than the ancient jungle?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Talked myself out of it last night, but going from 10 hour trial to buying a month of premiere, I've just got to have more despite the myriad issues. Telling myself it's worth a few quid a day (even if progress won't carry over to ps4 where I'm playing).

My Day 1 impressions:
Lots of that seems spot-on and fair, but I think the voice acting, characters and how they deliver, in the context of a multiplayer loot game, is good to decent. They don't lack a spark of life for me, they seem every bit as alive as any game I've played recently - and animation absolutely does bring life to them, they've believable and natural, despite not being ultra-realistic... it's odd, it somehow helps them leapfrog the uncanny valley for me. But then if you're only 8 hours in and if you've been interacting with the characters between missions, that's early days.

SkillUp is not pleased and he was cheering this one on. Looks like he'll be posting a review before it's official release too.
He's not at all, but to be fair I only really got the idea that he was championing the game's monetisation model vs predatory stuff he'd experienced in games like The Division.

He was not cheering it on he was optimistic but his EA hatred makes me think he could never give it a positive review regardless.
He didn't have much negative to say about Apex, but we'll never know. As it is, the game is in a state where nobody should be reviewing it too positively, despite how much fun it can be at times. He's got plenty to work with when it comes to being able to tear the game to shreds if he wants to, and as we know, there's very little middle ground when it comes to what works for him and his audience.

I'll watch it, and I'll likely agree with most of what he says, even if I'm not nearly as angered by it. And I'll still be playing long after he's had all his clicks and offering his opinion on the next game.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who plays on PC with mouse & keyboard and also has access to a joypad tell me if they have a massive discrepancy between the two in terms of movement in Tarsis? With mouse it's horrible, slow, jerky, but on joypad it's definitely smoother and acceptable. Just want to know if others can reproduce that before I make a bug report.

Now look at this wicked cosplay!!

35-EFE03-E-95-D1-4416-BDE8-0118906-E6-AA1.jpg
whoa, that's incredible. Is it real, it looks too good.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that the devs had said there would be an improvement in loading in the full launch client? Not expecting it to eradicate them completely, but anything will help I guess.

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Didn't really get a definitive answer last time so I'm gonna ask again.

Are there any different biodomes other than the ancient jungle?
No.

yeah i'm starting to get annoyed with the loading haha. died doing a world event solo and it took a minute for the load and i ended up nowhere near the event.
Ugh. I know direct comparison is generally in poor taste, but how does Destiny manage to respawn you seamlessly and close to the area where you died when you're out in patrol? Frostbite was a mistake.

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Anyone who plays on PC with mouse & keyboard and also has access to a joypad tell me if they have a massive discrepancy between the two in terms of movement in Tarsis? With mouse it's horrible, slow, jerky, but on joypad it's definitely smoother and acceptable. Just want to know if others can reproduce that before I make a bug report.

whoa, that's incredible. Is it real, it looks too good.
I tried the closed beta with mouse and keyboard, flying and swimming was horrible. With the pad on the full game I have no problem.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i'm starting to get annoyed with the loading haha. died doing a world event solo and it took a minute for the load and i ended up nowhere near the event.

there are so many things i like about this game but like others have said some of this shit will start to get annoying

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of that seems spot-on and fair, but I think the voice acting, characters and how they deliver, in the context of a multiplayer loot game, is good to decent. They don't lack a spark of life for me, they seem every bit as alive as any game I've played recently - and animation absolutely does bring life to them, they've believable and natural, despite not being ultra-realistic... it's odd, it somehow helps them leapfrog the uncanny valley for me. But then if you're only 8 hours in and if you've been interacting with the characters between missions, that's early days.

I wrote all that on Day 1, which was... Thursday night to Friday?

Faye, Haluk, and Dax are pretty good, thought the latter doesn't get a ton to do. Characters outside of that drop down in to that weird spot I talk about in the impressions. Somewhat similar to Bethesda NPCs. Like, the difference between Owen and Faye, or say... Zoe is night and day.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
He's not at all, but to be fair I only really got the idea that he was championing the game's monetisation model vs predatory stuff he'd experienced in games like The Division.

Huh? The Division has legitimately one of the mildest monetization models in the industry. It's barely there, it's cosmetic only and the game showers you with tons and tons of ingame cosmetics + premium currency to buy the premium ones.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I wrote all that on Day 1, which was... Thursday night to Friday?

Faye, Haluk, and Dax are pretty good, thought the latter doesn't get a ton to do. Characters outside of that drop down in to that weird spot I talk about in the impressions. Somewhat similar to Bethesda NPCs. Like, the difference between Owen and Faye, or say... Zoe is night and day.
Gotcha and agree.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Huh? The Division has legitimately one of the mildest monetization models in the industry. It's barely there, it's cosmetic only and the game showers you with tons and tons of ingame cosmetics + premium currency to buy the premium ones.
You're right. But they're probably talking about how The Division has lootbox, while Anthem has not.