• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Huh? The Division has legitimately one of the mildest monetization models in the industry. It's barely there, it's cosmetic only and the game showers you with tons and tons of ingame cosmetics + premium currency to buy the premium ones.
I was going off what he himself said directly in his Division 2 beta analysis when he spoke of Anthem's monetisation and the original Division: blind loot boxes (booo!) and pay-only cosmetics (mild grumble).

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The game crashed at the "this is what you got after completing the expedition" after the Stronghold Scarab Egg mine.

It was difficulty and took me like 30-40 min.

I finished it.

But apparently not.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

IM FUCKING OUT.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

giphy.gif

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The game crashed at the "this is what you got after completing the expedition" after the Stronghold Scarab Egg mine.

It was difficulty and took me like 30-40 min.

I finished it.

But apparently not.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

IM FUCKING OUT.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

giphy.gif

lol yup it's a bug apparently, some had to do it a few times

Frostbite was a mistake (in non fps games)

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got a combo hit last night before bed, loaded into a on going mission then instantly loaded again, got a hard crash, rejoined mission and it was bugged not letting it progress, quit out and restarted the mission, got hit with no audio bug about 5 mins in...

I can see why people would hate the game if they running into these bugs constantly lol.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
to be fair, i don't think many have remained in Bioware since that game, but this game took 6 years and this is what we get
I know, but it's like Rare: they went from Banjo and Kazooie to Sea of Thieves. Probably the old staff is gone, but the name of your company is like a brand, Bioware only released garbage after ME3, and that had some problems too.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Anyone else having severe Pop-In issues at Fort Tarsis?

I sometimes come out through the door - to the adjacent fountain area - and the whole mini-town filled with stalls isn't there at all, it's just lots of people and white/clear backdrops.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Anyone else having severe Pop-In issues at Fort Tarsis?

I sometimes come out through the door - to the adjacent fountain area - and the whole mini-town filled with stalls isn't there at all, it's just lots of people and white/clear backdrops.
I've had it. Seems like there's texture streaming issue which depends on your session. When I played the game early this morning, this issue is very prevalent. Even after I came back after a mission to Fort Tarsis, it'd happen again. After I quit the game and restart after lunch, it's completely gone until now.

Like this, right?

8K8TRiN.jpg

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
What purpose does the overheating mechanic even have? I think it's super frustrating and it's killing a lot of the fun while flying around. Especially while doing combat.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
What purpose does the overheating mechanic even have? I think it's super frustrating and it's killing a lot of the fun while flying around. Especially while doing combat.

That's what gets me too.
It's clear now, if you really want to fly away in combat it's just so easy - you can fly away from a fight and dodge with near impunity already as it is.

I'd happily take just infinite flight outside of combat, people say "it stops people going where they shouldn't" but no, it' doesn't.
There's a flight ceiling and if people go where they shouldn't it's probably a bug :P

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'd say precisely balancing combat. Being able to fly around or away with no limitations trivializes combat.

I'm in the minority I think but personally I like playing the little metagame of seeing how long I can extend a flight without having to touch down by using waterfalls, skimming water, nosediving...

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Anyone getting a persistent glitch where previous mission objectives around Fort Tarsis don't disappear even when they're completed? I keep getting the blue arrow pointing me to NPCs even after I've talked to them...

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
ME:A was made by a totally different studio. This games been in production since 2012, and Dragon Age: Inquisiton was released in 2014 so even if you assume the entire studio was working on that it's still over 4 years of work here.

I was under the impression from Kotaku/Jason Schrier that BioWare (like most studios these days) Montreal/Austin operated under a Ubisoft-style model of satellite support studios. Each of the studios handles the pre-production/general direction of the project, but all three studios end up working as support studios to push the project through during production. Especially Andromeda, which didn't "exist" in its present form until Montreal started working on it after shipping Inquisition. But I could be misremembering his stuff.

I was going off what he himself said directly in his Division 2 beta analysis when he spoke of Anthem's monetisation and the original Division: blind loot boxes (booo!) and pay-only cosmetics (mild grumble).

He's just trying to play both sides of the idiotic Div 2/Anthem fanboy wars. The Division 1 had an incredibly mild in-game monetization system (quite similar to Anthem, eventually fleshed out with lots of fun little challenges) and Div2 is going full GaaS/Rainbow Six Siege model (free Y1 content to all, season pass gets early access), which I think is great.

Last edited:

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
I've had it. Seems like there's texture streaming issue which depends on your session. When I played the game early this morning, this issue is very prevalent. Even after I came back after a mission to Fort Tarsis, it'd happen again. After I quit the game and restart after lunch, it's completely gone until now.

Like this, right?

8K8TRiN.jpg

Yeah exactly like that. I've had it before but last night it was frequent enough to become a severe issue.

I hope when I hop on later today it's resolved, definitely seems like a texture streaming issue.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I'd say its an elegantly designed restriction on open world traversal, no need for those "out of bounds" messages or invisible ceilings.

o wait

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
They really need to sort these server issues out, trying to craft and get stuck with the issue of NO SERVER CONNECTION then it just infinite loops the crafting. Never known such a game be this messy close to launch.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's it for me. I have come to the moment where I have to do the tombs stuff. I am absolutely not doing that. Well, good thing I only got 1 month of Premier.

Tried to everything else, contracts, stronghold before doing the tombsa, but still got lots of tombs challenges to do.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Man, not getting drops from enemies while downed is such a kick to the nuts.

Died at the last second against a titan from some seemingly invisible damage source.
He pops and I see everyone do the post loot rush towards the corpse.

Oddly, I was auto-revived the instant after the boss died. Haven't experienced that before.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
That's it for me. I have come to the moment where I have to do the tombs stuff. I am absolutely not doing that. Well, good thing I only got 1 month of Premier.

Tried to everything else, contracts, stronghold before doing the tombsa, but still got lots of tombs challenges to do.

That's a bit hyperbolic, basically they are saying try our other activities and missions and come back later, it's not a big deal really.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
What? Other than the Epic store, what's wrong with Metro? And Division 2 isn't even out yet.

Could be just me getting things wrong. I was away this entire weekend, and I was so psyched reading the various threads seeing you guys so excited for all the new stuff coming out on Friday.

Reading the impressions in the threads was kind of a bummer, but maybe I got the wrong impression about Metro. I'll read some more comments and watch some reviews.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's a bit hyperbolic, basically they are saying try our other activities and missions and come back later, it's not a big deal really.

I mean it's not good design at all. But still it's basically - play the game. If you enjoy the game I can see the challenge being an annoyance but won't be that hard if you enjoy the combat and exploration.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Or Baldur's Gate 2. Honestly, Bioware is probably a two-hit-wonder in my book. They don't deserve their reputation.

Heresey.

Baldur's Gate 2, Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect 2 are timeless masterpieces widely recognized as some of the best RPG/games of all time. This kind of quality is rare for any developer. They still have many other titles that if don't reach that level, hit the next best one.

But that Bioware seems to be gone now.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Could be just me getting things wrong. I was away this entire weekend, and I was so psyched reading the various threads seeing you guys so excited for all the new stuff coming out on Friday.

Reading the impressions in the threads was kind of a bummer, but maybe I got the wrong impression about Metro. I'll read some more comments and watch some reviews.

Metro seemingly reviewed well. I've half the mind to grab it to hold me over until Division 2 lol.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I mean it's not good design at all. But still it's basically - play the game. If you enjoy the game I can see the challenge being an annoyance but won't be that hard if you enjoy the combat and exploration.

Absolutely, I found it very poor design, but definitively not a reason to stop playing the game if you otherwise enjoy it which I think is the real issue, people not liking the base game.

Well I found it a big deal, it's not fun.

Yes but I think there are other factors that weighted much heavier on your decision not to keep playing, I don't think you were having fun before that point, am I right?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Wait, so there is still a day one patch for the 22nd? Why would you let it out a week early and sour a lot of people on it? The same thing happened with BFV.