• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
cfeimSK.png

Welcome Freelancers! The world of Anthem is about to open its doors to everyone with the Early Access on Feb 15 (3pm UTC / Feb 14) and the Worldwide Launch on Feb 22. Datajoy was supposed to be making and posting this OT but due to some issues it was passed to me so the OT could be posted 24hrs before the launch of the early access. So I took up the challenge of creating all the graphics and text within a fairly short window of time. Some of you may notice me from the Discussion or Demo thread (with Cornbread78 ), I also created the Ability Damage Chart people may have seen floating around. Big shoutout to Guillaume Onyeaghala for all the feedback on earlier versions of this OT too, helped make it what it is.

I had a blast designing this OT so I hope it is useful and informative to everyone new to the game as well as those already well versed in all things Anthem, I'll keep it up to date with information that we learn as time goes on.

FreelancERA Discord
For those looking for a link to the FreelancERA Discord, reply to this thread and you should see it below:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Story Spoilers
If you want to discuss the story of Anthem in this OT, please use the spoiler tags. Other game mechanics and loot can be shared and discussed openly, but story content should be discussed in spoiler tags.
[SPOILER="Anthem Story Spoiler"]You suit up in Javelin's[/SPOILER]

Which will turn into:
You suit up in Javelins.
OT Title
The title for this OT was chosen by the community via a poll in the pre-launch discussion thread as I felt it was a more fair option than me just picking one. The winning title 'GaaS Effect' was originally posted by panda-zebra - Congrats :)

Updates
I'll try to keep this OT updated if any information in it becomes outdated or if anything needs to be added after the game is updated and we get content drops. We're expecting the first content drop for Anthem in March, which is due to bring a new Stronghold, Rewards, Guilds, Missions and various Quality of Life updates too.

No matter if you're jumping into Anthem during the PC Early Access or 10 hour trial on PC and Xbox, or waiting for the worldwide launch on the 22nd February... I hope to see you all in the world of Anthem and safe flying out there everyone!

QHCYlYH.png

4noU8Fi.png

TXoUMTw.png

FvCExqp.png

UDT1D4W.png

XiM5F1L.png

wpxv3C2.png

m7fqVwD.png

lzDOwKx.png

OyOUHu6.png

Countdown to Worldwide Launch:[/SIZE][/B]
[US]
t1550811600z1.png

[UK]

t1550793600z0.png

If anyone wants to see some of the more active devs, who answer questions often and such; Lead Producer Ben Irving, Executive Producer Mark Darrah & Lead Producer Mike Gamble. They have been very transparent during the development of Anthem, during its Demo's and in the run up to launch.

vHOfNAT.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
08Dp9d4.png

Countdown to Worldwide Launch:
[US]
t1550811600z1.png

[UK]

t1550793600z0.png

This post will be updated with important news and updates relating to Anthem.

Conviction is here

In Anthem, players must venture into an evolving, living world and battle the dangers that threaten the safety of the people in Fort Tarsis. Through exploring the world, completing missions, and protecting humanity, players are introduced to intriguing characters and a unique BioWare story.

In Conviction, Academy Award-nominated director of District 9, Elysium, and Chappie Neill Blomkamp (with Oats Studios), explores the vast world of BioWare's Anthem through a new narrative set decades before the beginning of the game. Neill's live-action short is a chance to see the world of Anthem through a different lens, with stunning locations, new characters, and a new story.

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Why did they change the unlock time? Was pretty hyped to get home from work tomorrow and jump on.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Great job OP. I object to "flying safely", as all I seem to do is crash into things, left, right and centre lmaoo!

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All in with a Premier sub. $15 for a month is a good start. I hope the endgame is there. I loved the gameplay loop in the demo.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost here yeet.

Gonna be all up in this OTs business.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
No real reason why, seems like the time we had on Origin was old/made up or something. They confirmed on the stream today that 9am Central (US) is the new unlock time for Anthem Early Access on the 15th.

Still disappointing last minute change for no apparent reason other than that they can.

Or if build for 15th is coming together just as last minute as that stream obviously came together maybe they need those extra hours.. :D

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
No real reason why, seems like the time we had on Origin was old/made up or something. They confirmed on the stream today that 9am Central (US) is the new unlock time for Anthem Early Access on the 15th.

Disappointing. I wish they would've told us like a week ago instead of waiting until the last minute.

Great OT btw!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice work on the OT, looks great!

The long wait until us PS4 plebs can play next week is going to be painful haha

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Still disappointing last minute change for no apparent reason other than that they can.

Or if build for 15th is coming together just as last minute as that stream obviously came together maybe they need those extra hours.. :D
Think the devs always said early acces was the 15th. It was just origin being wrong and causing confusion.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Preloading slowly now, not really too hype but hopefully the game proper will introduce systems better vs the beta.

accx

Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful OT! Lets gooo (@ nerfed EU time).

EDIT:
also, "javelin a good time" got robbed.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
proper OT ifirez, well done
Nice job OP. Looks great
Great looking OP! I'll try it out with Origin Access
sweet OT. and awesome title!
Great job OP. I object to "flying safely", as all I seem to do is crash into things, left, right and centre lmaoo!
Amazing OT. Now I wait until 22nd.
Nice work on the OT, looks great!
Great Job on the OT!
Thanks everyone. This is my first OT, after helping with design on 1 other. So it was a little nerve wracking. Big Thanks to Datajoy who originally had the claim for this OT but was unable to get it posted this week due to some issues, so asked me to step in and design the OT instead. It's been a blast.

Corn didn't help with this one but he deserves credit anyway, so YEY CORN![/QUOTE]

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OP! I'm still torn over whether I'm going to pick this game up or not. I will definitely be putting my 10 hour EA Access trial to good use.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
so depressing it got delayed. I would have got out of work an hour before launch tomorrow and would have been perfect.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said anything about improving mouse control on PC for flying? Really the main thing that turned me off for the beta.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Bummed that Origin baited me into getting hype to play tomorrow. Ah well, I would've only been able to play for ~3 hours.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England