• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, you're right. I'm almost positive it had been slated for March. Right??

giphy.gif

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I still got another 4 days til my origin premier access ends, but I think I'm quitting now. I might revisit the game in later months, but I'm just tired of constantly getting disappointed everytime I read a new update on the game.

I may/may not jump to Division 2 but I'll wait and see first. DMC5 and Sekiro should be enough to keep me busy.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Is the There Be Giants thing on at the moment? I did it when it was first up (I have the vinyl) but the challenge shows as incomplete in game.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just gave GM2 Tyrant Mines a shot for the first time and man, WTF; such a slog. I'm fully kitted out in MW gear and legendary weapons, yet I feel like I've skipped a difficulty tier somewhere. So much health for the enemies and near 1-shots on my Colossus from snipers. Yuck.

I like a decent challenge, but this doesn't feel like the way to do it. If you're completely geared from GM1, then it should be a smooth transition to GM2, then GM3 after that. As it is, I spent most of my time flying around playing field medic for the squishy's which sucked.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
if they put crafting materials in those chests I'm sending my javelin to the compactor.

Pretty sure it's materials like different metals and fabrics to change your look, not crafting stuff.
Just gave GM2 Tyrant Mines a shot for the first time and man, WTF; such a slog. I'm fully kitted out in MW gear and legendary weapons, yet I feel like I've skipped a difficulty tier somewhere. So much health for the enemies and near 1-shots on my Colossus from snipers. Yuck.

I like a decent challenge, but this doesn't feel like the way to do it. If you're completely geared from GM1, then it should be a smooth transition to GM2, then GM3 after that. As it is, I spent most of my time flying around playing field medic for the squishy's which sucked.
I find this surprising to be honest, maybe you had the health bug? I can run GM2 strongholds on my ranger build which still uses an epic component without ever getting one shot.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I like a decent challenge, but this doesn't feel like the way to do it. If you're completely geared from GM1, then it should be a smooth transition to GM2, then GM3 after that.
Ideally even fully geared from GM1 GM2 should still be a challenge, and as you progress through GM2 you should get better gear that allows you to steamroll GM2 and move into GM3. But with no tiers of MW loot that sense of progression just isn't there.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019

Because GM2 is bollocks. I don't get one shotted ofcourse, my Storm build is good. The rewards on the other hand isn't worth it. It's broken so grind on GM1 better

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
do all Faction quests need to be completed in order to gain access to Legendary contracts?...do all those Faction Contracts need to be completed as well?...seems like they never end...I'm at Lvl 26 and getting tired of doing these quests and want them to end

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
do all Faction quests need to be completed in order to gain access to Legendary contracts?...do all those Faction Contracts need to be completed as well?...seems like they never end...I'm at Lvl 26 and getting tired of doing these quests and want them to end
As you approach the end of the story each of the contacts will have their own dedicated quest line (I want to say it's maybe 5/6 missions per contact) and when those quest lines are complete (and you've done a single normal contract I believe) you'll have access to the legendary contracts.

EDIT: Did y'all see this post on that EA answers page?

I don't know whether it is coincidence or not, but launching Quickplay from Fort Tarsis resulted in broken missions every time, whereas launching from the Launch Bay gave consecutive working missions every time.
Anyone else have this experience? I've literally loaded into the launch bay twice in the game but I'm going to to try it out later.

Last edited:

Serial Killa

Mar 9, 2019
I can't even play anything atm. Long loading screen, then booted to another loading screen, or data error, or lost ea server connection, or server shutdown. Stuck in one long ass error loop.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
"Predators are surging"

It's a totally normal amount of enemies, I don't think they've changed spawn rates at all. Why am I even doing this when its only 1k coins >.>

Edit: I've killed a stack of all sorts of enemies in the great falls region and my counter has moved from 4 to 6......

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
After getting two more MW and a Legendary in a quick Freeplay run, I decided to up the game to GM2. After getting 20 purples and 4 blues without a single other drop, I just decided maybe it's not for me for now. Woof.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got my first yellow and it's the the ten thousands suns (fireball) that I actually use. Woot. Loving runnng strongholds, they give me that same feeling as strikes from destiny. Been trying to relax and run strikes in destiny but everyone is rushing thru them so much be a quest or something. Sucks there are only 3 in anthem but I've run the same strikes in destiney 100s of times each now so guess it will take a while to do that in anthem as well.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After getting two more MW and a Legendary in a quick Freeplay run, I decided to up the game to GM2. After getting 20 purples and 4 blues without a single other drop, I just decided maybe it's not for me for now. Woof.
It's too much random and in a bad way, two days ago my friend I did our 6 legendary contracts in GM2, then a stronghold in GM2 and then the same one in GM1. I only got one MW in the GM1 stronghold when my friend got two Legendary and 4 MW from the GM2 stronghold, and other MWs, almost 1 every two contract...

I'm not counting the MW you get when completing contracts as it's guaranteed. And our "luck" is the same, null.

Got tired of this, gameplay is phenomenal, but the loot is really bad, thankfully there's The Division 2 for now while we wait for an update and new content.
(but my friend already had two "blue" loot drops in TD2 when I just stick with greens, guess I have bad luck in both games :p)

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any good boss killing Storm builds out there?

My Chaotic Rime + Pocket Infinity (or whatever that lightning attack is called) is good for both killing mobs in GM1 and GM2 but I hit a wall as soon as we get to the Stronghold bosses. Chaotic Rime no longer freezes bosses and the lightning attack takes forever to recharge and only does around 20k damage with all my elemental and gear damage perks. Which i guess isnt bad considering the fact that its almost quadrupaling the base damage which is around 4.7k but still.

I found that Glacier Spear is a lot of damage to a Boss' crit spot. It recharges pretty fast too, but it's a detonator, not a primer. which means i need to swap my Pocket Infinity. But i dont know what to replace it with.

I am also running two elemental storm components (one epic, one masterwork) that increase elemental damage by 35% and reduce physical damage by 35% which means my weapons do shit damage to bosses. i find that its better to run two of those than waste a slot on a Ice, Fire or Lightning component that only gives 5% extra damage.

Played all my legendary contracts on GM2 yesterday. Only one extra MW drop from an enemy. Disappointing. My luck was almost 100% too.

Went to heart of rage GM1, and kept getting put into the final boss. Literally four times in a row before i finally got to start from the beginning and every chest dropped a MW with 90% luck. Tried another run with 60% luck and only the final boss dropped a MW. Lame.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
"Predators are surging"

It's a totally normal amount of enemies, I don't think they've changed spawn rates at all. Why am I even doing this when its only 1k coins >.>

Edit: I've killed a stack of all sorts of enemies in the great falls region and my counter has moved from 4 to 6......
I did a freeplay session with some mates last night and we found a few world events that were basically a mini horde mode with brutes, I'm guessing that event is what this challenge is related to but I'm not at home so I can't check my challenge list to be sure.

I tend to fall back to weapons when it comes to DPS'ing the boss as I think in general that's a better overall amount of damage, but I don't know if that's because my builds are mostly focused on clearing out trash.

Only reason I would use abilities is to apply a debuff or build ultimate meter.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

My Chaotic Rime + Pocket Infinity (or whatever that lightning attack is called) is good for both killing mobs in GM1 and GM2 but I hit a wall as soon as we get to the Stronghold bosses. Chaotic Rime no longer freezes bosses and the lightning attack takes forever to recharge and only does around 20k damage with all my elemental and gear damage perks. Which i guess isnt bad considering the fact that its almost quadrupaling the base damage which is around 4.7k but still.

I found that Glacier Spear is a lot of damage to a Boss' crit spot. It recharges pretty fast too, but it's a detonator, not a primer. which means i need to swap my Pocket Infinity. But i dont know what to replace it with.

I am also running two elemental storm components (one epic, one masterwork) that increase elemental damage by 35% and reduce physical damage by 35% which means my weapons do shit damage to bosses. i find that its better to run two of those than waste a slot on a Ice, Fire or Lightning component that only gives 5% extra damage.

As a Storm main I don't see the need to combo. The only thing that matters is the damage output, so Black Ice + Venomous Blaze and the best boss killer for Storm: Avenging Herald, which is a gun and does way more damage than anything else in our arsenal.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I did a freeplay session with some mates last night and we found a few world events that were basically a mini horde mode with brutes, I'm guessing that event is what this challenge is related to but I'm not at home so I can't check my challenge list to be sure.

Yeah I did two of those last night. Protect the Arcanists missions with tons of Brutes. Soloed the second on GM1. Didn't get any MW or ledgendaries from either. I have no luck gear currently though. Accidentally dismantle the couple I had as they were shit componets and left me too squishy so I hadn't been using them and forgot about them when doing a mass inventory clean out. I haven't gotten any MW drops with luck inscriptions yet.

I had shut luck all night with only a couple drops MW beyond guaranteed ones and nothing worth equipping over what I have already. I've still only gotten one legendary drop.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
It's too much random and in a bad way, two days ago my friend I did our 6 legendary contracts in GM2, then a stronghold in GM2 and then the same one in GM1. I only got one MW in the GM1 stronghold when my friend got two Legendary and 4 MW from the GM2 stronghold, and other MWs, almost 1 every two contract...

I'm not counting the MW you get when completing contracts as it's guaranteed. And our "luck" is the same, null.

Got tired of this, gameplay is phenomenal, but the loot is really bad, thankfully there's The Division 2 for now while we wait for an update and new content.
(but my friend already had two "blue" loot drops in TD2 when I just stick with greens, guess I have bad luck in both games :p)
Yeah, it sucks, because I still thoroughly enjoy the actual gameplay. All the leadup to getting MW weapons just felt so good, too. But now it's just too random. The RNG is so bad that I don't even really know what to do from moment to moment.

I've actually stalled big time in the story mode, because I'm waiting on my co-op buddies to catch up. Maybe after I polish that off, I'll still like doing dailies and Legendary contracts, but we'll see. I might have to put this game down for a few months, and I really didn't want to do that.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017

Played all my legendary contracts on GM2 yesterday. Only one extra MW drop from an enemy. Disappointing. My luck was almost 100% too.

Went to heart of rage GM1, and kept getting put into the final boss. Literally four times in a row before i finally got to start from the beginning and every chest dropped a MW with 90% luck. Tried another run with 60% luck and only the final boss dropped a MW. Lame.

Chaotic Rime is pretty awful, honestly. It's weak so its only advantage is CC, but then you may as well use Winter's Wrath which is an AOE CC. I think the general consensus is a Venomous Blaze/Black Ice duo is the best for damage dealing. Personally I use Ponder Infinity and Ten Thousand Suns, I like the quick recharge on TTS and the shield-nuke capability of PI which means I never need to rely on guns.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
My one and only Anthem mate was getting frustrated yesterday because of the constant shitty drops, I fear that soon he'll quit the game and I'll be playing with randoms only :(

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I'm using Ten Thousand Sun and Winter Wrath, componets are gunslingers mark, mark of ruin, token of daring, token of the pupil, mark of wrath.

Baslicly using stuff that increases one skill dmg when using the other and vice versa. Also mark of wrath and gunslinger mark work well together to Incase dmg and decease recharge time. Token of the daring buffs element dmg but hurts physical, I seldom using weapons with this build so ok with me.

For weapons I use what ever, the mw sniper with hover bonus is prob the only one I fire if my skills are on recharge.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm using Ten Thousand Sun and Winter Wrath, componets are gunslingers mark, mark of ruin, token of daring, token of the pupil, mark of wrath.
That's pretty much my setup most of the time on Storm, it all synergises well and gives a good deal of control over a hectic situation. It might be more fun to skip that Winter's Wrath, but I miss not being able to freeze turrets and set up huge frozen swathes of enemies for a combo (that will often get stolen by the time the fireball has charged lol). I'm sure there's a good weapon to help deal with shielded enemies in my vault, but haven't really looked beyond the floaty pistol and the various legendaries that have attractive armor and shield bonuses.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's pretty much my setup most of the time on Storm, it all synergises well and gives a good deal of control over a hectic situation. It might be more fun to skip that Winter's Wrath, but I miss not being able to freeze turrets and set up huge frozen swathes of enemies for a combo (that will often get stolen by the time the fireball has charged lol). I'm sure there's a good weapon to help deal with shielded enemies in my vault, but haven't really looked beyond the floaty pistol and the various legendaries that have attractive armor and shield bonuses.

Yeah I've tried to not running a freeze but find it to useful just stoping huge groups of mobs. There is a marksmen rifle that does lighting dmg, I would use it but haven't fount it yet. Think that would be my 2nd weapon of choice if I ever fount it for sheild guys, they get a bit harder to deal with on GM2 then GM1.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Pretty sure it's materials like different metals and fabrics to change your look, not crafting stuff.

I find this surprising to be honest, maybe you had the health bug? I can run GM2 strongholds on my ranger build which still uses an epic component without ever getting one shot.

They said you can also get crafting materials or ember. You have ~100 items that never repeat meaning you should get them all in ~100 chests. You add ember and mats into the mix and that's when the fun starts.

Anyone else have this experience? I've literally loaded into the launch bay twice in the game but I'm going to to try it out later.

I tried it when I first read it a couple weeks ago. Very 1st mission from the bay was bugged. Some have stated that running easy/normal difficulty never gives issues but I haven't tried that.

"Predators are surging"

It's the new Arcanist Korox world event. You have to kill the brutes that spawn for that event.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
They said you can also get crafting materials or ember. You have ~100 items that never repeat meaning you should get them all in ~100 chests. You add ember and mats into the mix and that's when the fun starts.

I tried it when I first read it a couple weeks ago. Very 1st mission from the bay was bugged. Some have stated that running easy/normal difficulty never gives issues but I haven't tried that.
Jesus Christ. Do you have a source for that? If they put crafting materials in the cosmetics chest to lengthen the time required to get all the cosmetics after having so few in the release, the player base is going to revolt. Again.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
My one and only Anthem mate was getting frustrated yesterday because of the constant shitty drops, I fear that soon he'll quit the game and I'll be playing with randoms only :(

If on ps4, send me a friend request. same tag as here

Jesus Christ. Do you have a source for that? If they put crafting materials in the cosmetics chest to lengthen the time required to get all the cosmetics after having so few in the release, the player base is going to revolt. Again.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/383951554

It's the 2nd to last stream. The discussion about the vanity chests starts around 38 minute mark. The specifics start around 40:30 mark.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
There isn't really a reason to play GM2, right? (for any progression/better loot). Other than if you prefer enemies to be more spongey and hit harder, I don't see a clear reason right now.

I'm at the point where I got all masterworks on my colossus loadout, pretty lethal abilities I can self combo with(masterwork firewall mortor, plus the prized legendary railgun I managed to get). The only thing to play for is maybe some better side perks on my equips, or to luck out and get a few more legendaries, but meh. I'm already running through everything efficiently enough, including legendary contracts and all storngholds, so I don't really feel an inpetus to try and max it out more.

I think at this point, I'm pretty much on hiatus with this until new story content arrives, or they introduce new strongholds, some kind of larger scale raid, or they raise level cap & introduce new higher end loot d that improves on whats available now, and maybe makes progression into GM2 and GM3 (and beyond) be actually worth something. I could maybe pick a new javelin type and start a new pilot, but.. nah.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoyed my 40 hours or so spent, but I guess this is perfect timing to take a break and jump into Division 2. But I'll be back if Bioware does come through with content.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
If on ps4, send me a friend request. same tag as here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/383951554

It's the 2nd to last stream. The discussion about the vanity chests starts around 38 minute mark. The specifics start around 40:30 mark.
Thanks. Looks like they decided they wanted a nice round number for the chests so are padding out the unknown number of cosmetics with crafting materials to reach 100. It's a bit shitty, I was under the impression it was 100 cosmetics total, not 70-90 with some dud rolls to pad it out. Though at least the crafting materials count as unique rolls too, so there's a finite number of times you can get them.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
First Legendary in days and it's exclusively for the Colossus when I'm Storm. Thanks I guess.

Is the There be Giants event still on btw? Trying to find one more but no luck.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Another day, another adventure. 1st enemy killed, masterwork. 1st freeplay chest, masterwork. 1st world event, legendary. All within 15 minutes. 70 minutes and 68 drops later, no other MWs or legendaries.