• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Well, Bioware posted two big responses to some reddit threads/concerns.

The first was about the invisible walls in Strongholds: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...t_legendary_drop_locked/eihady9/?context=1000

Big response from the community manager for a huge list of complaints: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG..._bioware_whats_going_on/eih2azb/?context=1000

Jesus, that original post.

No other company, has gone through something like Andromeda under the partnership of a company like EA and still managed to have a fanbase that said, 'you know what? it's fine, mistakes happen, go ahead and take 6 years to create an amazing game and we'll stay here waiting for you'.

Yes everyone was very forgiving of Andromeda and it has never been brought up since.

Another topic that has been mentioned plenty above, but you know why this needs its own section, you in your current state do not deserve the community that is carrying you on its shoulders.

Jesus

Right now this subreddit and the fanbase in general suffers from lack of knowledge about a game they paid money for .

No other consumer base in the world demands as much attention as fucking capital G Gamers.

I don't want to talk about EA's malpractices through the years thanks to EA not even being secretive with their sinister actions, the hatred towards them is very well justified,

holding hands with a company like that, putting their name upfront and claiming you're bringing change, doesn't have a very hopeful image in people's eyes, the community still doesn't know how much of your production was handled and or scrapped by EA

It's a fucking business relationship not a hostage situation.

you have fans that are going through stats and statistics, graphs and experiments and giving you detailed information of what's wrong with your game and how you can fix it

And we all know that all that feedback is totally useful and could be implemented with no muss, no fuss.

That's only some of the drivel I could have picked out. If I had to politely respond to this kind of hyped up Gamer nonsense everyday I'd never stay in that industry.

This is being hailed as constructive feedback. This. The bar for constructive feedback is so fucking low, its no wonder it devolves into outright harassment at a moments notice.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
what difficulty are you playing on?

On GM2, i got two legendaries. one weapon and one component. i played three contracts and three strongholds. got around 20-25 masterworks. one stronghold dropped 7 masterworks, one dropped five. out of of those 20-25, i would say 5 were weapons.

I was able to do GM2 pretty easily today. there were some games where no one could do any damage and i had to quit out, but in some games we pretty much breeze through it.

i know reddit wants them to open the floodgates but i think 4-7 masterworks per stronghold isnt that bad. of course i had my luck up very high but oddly enough, i only got 4 masterworks when my luck was 140, and 7 when my luck was only 50.

i think what they should do is guarantee a legendary from the GM2 boss. it will keep players coming back for more. and maybe slightly increase the chance of enemies dropping MW in GM2. right now, most of my MWs come from chests despite high luck.

I truly believe that they want people to go to GM3 and no one is doing it. everyone is upset over the loot cave nerf. its bizarre tbh. i am a destiny player and we grinded for weeks just to do the raid and then another few weeks to do that hard raid. the BEST loot was in the hard mode raid. The Vex Mythlocast, the Fatebringer, the legendary helmet that you needed to get to level 30. i dont know why the anthem community is so apprehensive about not wanting to try out harder difficulties. yes, GM2 was grindy in the beginning but after some experimentation and research i found a build that lets me survive and deal massive damage.

im not saying loot shouldnt be fixed. there needs to be more of it. but i think GM2 is where its at and i just dont see people here and on reddit playing on GM2 regularly.
Gm1, running scar temple yesterday 3 times. twice I got only the ability at the end and the 3rd got 4 mw, 3 abilities and 1 component

Maybe I should reduce my luck, I'm sitting at 93 I think

Last edited:

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
lol, it's insane and scary some of that shit in the anthem sub.

That Anthem subreddit is pretty funny. Before release and during the first week or so they voted down negative posts and comments, and it was generally a sea of positivity surfacing, even during release.

Now a few weeks post release and it's turning 180, they've realised the lack of content etc and it's eating itself alive.

It's only going to get much worse, as BioWare communicated a 90 day plan on launch day full of new content - but the chance of it being delivered is small, given the sheer number of major issues with the game.

I feel really sorry for the devs in the trenches as it must feel horrible. It's going to take them a long time to fix all the issues, by which time the community will be a toxic radioactive wasteland with few left. Imagine going to work and thinking 'this is what we do now'.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am playing Ranger more now because I want more Ranger gear and I seem to be getting plenty of MW items for other classes. Latest drop was the pistol that has damage boost while hovering, seems like a good storm gun. I did get Yvenia but I don't use many rifles like that but it's a good shield stripper. Does it add the status effect as well or not?

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know what's happening with the patch to fix level 1 weapons being more powerful than Masterwork and Legendary items? They had announced it for March 12th patch, but that didn't arrive (on Xbox at least).

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing Ranger more now because I want more Ranger gear and I seem to be getting plenty of MW items for other classes. Latest drop was the pistol that has damage boost while hovering, seems like a good storm gun. I did get Yvenia but I don't use many rifles like that but it's a good shield stripper. Does it add the status effect as well or not?
You could pair that with the universal component that greatly increases the amount of time it takes for thrusters to overheat (or try and find some gear with thruster inscriptions)... but I found that I could get by with a reasonable amount of hovering when I was playing my ranger.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You could pair that with the universal component that greatly increases the amount of time it takes for thrusters to overheat (or try and find some gear with thruster inscriptions)... but I found that I could get by with a reasonable amount of hovering when I was playing my ranger.
I guess I need to find that stuff first haha.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the damage boost is not just the gun right? I can hover to kick it in and swap weapons? Does it effect damage from other sources?

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Does anybody know what's happening with the patch to fix level 1 weapons being more powerful than Masterwork and Legendary items? They had announced it for March 12th patch, but that didn't arrive (on Xbox at least).
They released that patch early, that was the one released on Friday. I haven't checked but I think that fix is in it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I need to find that stuff first haha.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the damage boost is not just the gun right? I can hover to kick it in and swap weapons? Does it effect damage from other sources?
Hmm, I'll have to check the perk descriptions when I'm home. I haven't done any testing though.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Look, I'll repeat again the same thing I said previously, take it from me, as a player who brought into Rainbow Six Siege in he beginning, at this point no form of feedback, from unconstructive statements to essays on the loot will solve the problems like lack of content and reworking systems. They will take months of work, of Dev time, and the result is your not gonna see instant change. On Reddit particularly, I see a ton of responses regarding the player population fading away, pleas for Bioware to do something but the simple fact is that this content needs time to be made and nothing can be done to change the game here and now.

If you can't play the game anymore cause you finished the content, drop it. If your frustrated, drop it, if your spending your days waiting for new stuff, just walk away. Check in every so often on Reddit if you want, but don't spend your time focusing on the game in the hopes things will change immediately. There are plenty of games to enjoy and the best thing about GaaS is that you have maybe 50/50 Anthem will be supported long term. If your feeling ripped off, I can't smoothe that than to warn you about preordering and buying new games. If it makes you feel better, I brought Andromeda at full price....on one hand I sympathize with criticism about the game, on the other, alot of people need to walk away and accept the current situation as is.

I agree. Though I do think it's useful for devs to be getting feedback on what players want and aren't liking. But at this point that message has been sent. I've got better things to do with my time than go online and keep complaining about the same bugs, the same limited loot with to infrequent drop rates, the general lack of end game content etc. I'm still playing some as it's fun to play with a buddy, but I'm playing less, not going on the sub-Reddit and mostly just check this thread every now and again to see if anything's new (like the long Reddit post from the community manager posted here last night) and see if I can help anyone out who's asking questions etc.

I'm sure the game will be like Destiny 1 and 2 and be in a better place in a few months, and hope they can at least improve the loot drops in the meantime and give us some reasons to play more until then. Even if it doesn't, I've played a lot and got my $60 worth already in anycase, so it's not like I'm disgruntled. The main quest and sidequests/contracts alone were worth it for me.

I truly believe that they want people to go to GM3 and no one is doing it. everyone is upset over the loot cave nerf. its bizarre tbh. i am a destiny player and we grinded for weeks just to do the raid and then another few weeks to do that hard raid. the BEST loot was in the hard mode raid. The Vex Mythlocast, the Fatebringer, the legendary helmet that you needed to get to level 30. i dont know why the anthem community is so apprehensive about not wanting to try out harder difficulties. yes, GM2 was grindy in the beginning but after some experimentation and research i found a build that lets me survive and deal massive damage.

im not saying loot shouldnt be fixed. there needs to be more of it. but i think GM2 is where its at and i just dont see people here and on reddit playing on GM2 regularly.

Well the big difference is GM2 and GM3 don't offer exclusive, top-tier loot like the Raids and hard mode Raids in Destiny do. They just offer a chance for a higher number of drops from the same limited loot pool as GM1. There'd be less complaining if there was exclusive loot with decent drop rates from the harder modes. As is, GM2 doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're already 700+ and/or playing with 2 or 3 friends who are good and leveled appropriately as it ends up taking longer (way longer with bad/underleveled randoms) and you can often get more drops in the same amount of time.

I also don't really find GM2 much fun as it's just even more bullet spongey, even more shielded enemies with shields that pop up instantly etc. It's doable with friends who know what they're doing and are leveled and geared appropriately and in ways that sync well with each other. Just a frustrating slog with 3 randos--as you noted it's a lot of quitting out of missions with people who are terrible, under leveled for GM2 or both to find people who can get through them at a decent clip.

I really just need some legendary components to drop for my Storm as it's still too squishy for me to have much fun above GM1 currently. I've only had one legendary drop (Vassa's whatever machine pistol that I really like) and have been stuck at 662 power for week or so. My buddies up over 700 on his ranger and we do GM2 some together and generally get through it pretty quick as long as at least one of the two randos is semi-competent.

All that said, it's also worth noting that I'm just not big on hard end game content in the first place. Over 300 hours across the two Destiny games and I raided 3 times and did a handful of nightfalls. I more just like chasing loot in the easier to solo end game stuff and usually move on until a new content drop/level cap increase and then come back and play the new content and chase the new loot for a bit. So I'm just close to that point of putting the game down for a while with Anthem.

Hmm, I'll have to check the perk descriptions when I'm home. I haven't done any testing though.

If you don't already know, the little icons next to the perks will tell you whether things like damage boosts apply just to that weapon/power (a gear icon) or everything on your javelin (the little javelin icon).

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gm1, running scar temple yesterday 3 times. twice I got only the ability at the end and the 3rd got 4 mw, 3 abilities and 1 component

Maybe I should reduce my luck, I'm sitting at 93 I think
Run strongholds and especially Legendary Contracts on GM2. They will have enemies that drop weapons. I believe chests and final bosses/contract rewards only drop components and abilities. It's the enemy drops that are usually weapons for me and enemies drop MWs and Legendaries far more often in GM2.

You will need to rework your build to be effective in GM2. It IS a completely different mode. you need to min and max the shit out of your build to get the most damage, most shields and have weapons that do dps to the boss. your GM1 luck build just wont do. I was running around with 100+ luck and got fewer loot. once i learned to stop caring and focused on increasing cooldowns, dps and shields, GM2 became a lot more manageable. Plus, by now a lot of interceptors and collosus have made some incredibly OP builds, they just go and melee everyone in a few hits. you can just provide them support while they do all the work.

P.S thanks to everyone that told me to go with a Volumonous cloud build. really helped, but the legendary heavy pistol i got yesterday with double damage just shreds bosses. I got it to drop with +200% physical damage too which means i was doing 40k damage to the spider's crit spot by the end of the round when she starts taking more damage. and this is on an elemental storm build too.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Run strongholds and especially Legendary Contracts on GM2. They will have enemies that drop weapons. I believe chests and final bosses/contract rewards only drop components and abilities. It's the enemy drops that are usually weapons for me and enemies drop MWs and Legendaries far more often in GM2.

You will need to rework your build to be effective in GM2. It IS a completely different mode. you need to min and max the shit out of your build to get the most damage, most shields and have weapons that do dps to the boss. your GM1 luck build just wont do. I was running around with 100+ luck and got fewer loot. once i learned to stop caring and focused on increasing cooldowns, dps and shields, GM2 became a lot more manageable. Plus, by now a lot of interceptors and collosus have made some incredibly OP builds, they just go and melee everyone in a few hits. you can just provide them support while they do all the work.

P.S thanks to everyone that told me to go with a Volumonous cloud build. really helped, but the legendary heavy pistol i got yesterday with double damage just shreds bosses. I got it to drop with +200% physical damage too which means i was doing 40k damage to the spider's crit spot by the end of the round when she starts taking more damage. and this is on an elemental storm build too.
O I play colossus and yeah I can make myself quite tanky, using Arekkz tank build. Also lucked out that my Voltaic dome is legendary with 38 luck as well as a support ability with 30. I've been helping my brother gear up (he's still missing the correct MW abilities ) so we've been sticking with GM1 but yeah I'll take a look at some GM2 maybe swap out one of my components for an epic to get another 50% combo dmg

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
O I play colossus and yeah I can make myself quite tanky, using Arrez tank build. Also lucked out that my Voltaic dome is legendary with 38 luck as well as a support ability with 30. I've been helping my brother gear up (he's still missing the correct MW abilities ) so we've been sticking with GM1 but yeah I'll take a look at some GM2 maybe swap out one of my components for an epic to get another 50% combo dmg

Care to share your build? I am in love with my Colossus...

Oct 25, 2017
I want to enjoy your game, EA. But when I join a squad with two other people, and it's a roll of the dice that we all make it into the legendary contract, it makes it really difficult.

Staring at that long-ass loading screen only to see NoobCakes777 instead of my intended squadmate is really disheartening.

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
Gave this another chance after taking a break. Did 4 Tyrant Mine strongholds and a few legendary contracts, got no mw/leg drops other than the guaranteed ones. This was on my Colossus that I was gearing up too so anything new has a high chance to be an upgrade. Didn't take long to remember why I took a break in the first place.

Anyway my premier sub is running out so will drop this and come back if/when they fix the many issues I have with this game. And I genuinely do hope they stick with this, for all it's faults I still played for quite long :D

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the big difference is GM2 and GM3 don't offer exclusive, top-tier loot like the Raids and hard mode Raids in Destiny do. They just offer a chance for a higher number of drops from the same limited loot pool as GM1. There'd be less complaining if there was exclusive loot with decent drop rates from the harder modes. As is, GM2 doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're already 700+ and/or playing with 2 or 3 friends who are good and leveled appropriately as it ends up taking longer (way longer with bad/underleveled randoms) and you can often get more drops in the same amount of time.

I also don't really find GM2 much fun as it's just even more bullet spongey, even more shielded enemies with shields that pop up instantly etc. It's doable with friends who know what they're doing and are leveled and geared appropriately and in ways that sync well with each other. Just a frustrating slog with 3 randos--as you noted it's a lot of quitting out of missions with people who are terrible, under leveled for GM2 or both to find people who can get through them at a decent clip.

I really just need some legendary components to drop for my Storm as it's still too squishy for me to have much fun above GM1 currently. I've only had one legendary drop (Vassa's whatever machine pistol that I really like) and have been stuck at 662 power for week or so. My buddies up over 700 on his ranger and we do GM2 some together and generally get through it pretty quick as long as at least one of the two randos is semi-competent.

All that said, it's also worth noting that I'm just not big on hard end game content in the first place. Over 300 hours across the two Destiny games and I raided 3 times and did a handful of nightfalls. I more just like chasing loot in the easier to solo end game stuff and usually move on until a new content drop/level cap increase and then come back and play the new content and chase the new loot for a bit. So I'm just close to that point of putting the game down for a while with Anthem.
Agreed. There is definitely a loot problem in the game and they definitely need GM2 and GM3 exclusive loot.

I dont think you need to be 700 for GM2 or need any legendary components. it's all about min maxing. your storm basically needs shields and you can get +70% max shields from two weapons.

I dont know. I agree with you in that it IS tanky and not fun especially when paired with randoms who dont know what they are doing but i felt like i was having fun yesterday after i rebuilt my storm and spent a lot of time agonizing over every single inscription. i used to only care about luck and gear damage % and that really hurt my DPS, cooldowns and survivablity.

one good thing about so many dupes (and i literally got three black ice dupes in one game yesterday) is that the inscriptions are always different. so when i went back to try and min max, i found a lot of really cool inscriptions like 100% charges that give me double uses for my abilities, cooldowns and shields. im actually still rocking an Epic component because i feel it gives me more options than the legendary armor perk that just gives me more shields and armor. I actually have fun in GM2 now.

And I am like you, i still havent played the latest Destiny raid. i never beat the forsaken raid because no LFG group could successfuly do the Riven cheese and i mostly just stuck with nightfalls and strikes. I think the loot here is fantastic because of the random rolls. i still roll my eyes when i get a dup MW but at least there is a small chance it could work with a different build.

anyway, you can try and play some of the other classes. you should have enough MW universal components and weapons to go straight into GM1.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
anyway, you can try and play some of the other classes. you should have enough MW universal components and weapons to go straight into GM1.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. Try some more GM2 when my buddy is on, and otherwise start playing more Colossus and Interceptor (probably not Ranger as my buddy mains that) as I should at least be powered up enough to do GM1 free roam and legendary contracts with randos to get some class-specific MW gear.

I'll need to mess around with Storm builds too. I've been rocking the Winter's Wrath and Ten Thousand Suns which is great for crowd control, but not for dealing with all the shields on GM2 so I'm at the mercy of their being a random well geared do take those down for that build to be useful on higher difficulties.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume your wording here isn't the best, but as far as I'm concerned toxicity can NEVER be justified. Of course people can be (and are) justifiably disgruntled with their experience and are welcome to share feedback on it, but there's never an excuse to cross the line into toxic behaviour
People are allowed to be angry and use unsavoury language. Crossing the line into death threats or hoping for Bioware's dissolution is too far, but honestly? Anything up to that line is justifiable. "Fuck this game." "This game shows the dev's incompetence." "I want a fucking refund." I wouldn't chastise anyone saying any of those things.

Oct 28, 2017
Maidenhead
People are allowed to be angry and use unsavoury language. Crossing the line into death threats or hoping for Bioware's dissolution is too far, but honestly? Anything up to that line is justifiable. "Fuck this game." "This game shows the dev's incompetence." "I want a fucking refund." I wouldn't chastise anyone saying any of those things.

While I'd agree people should be allowed to voice their displeasure as rudely as they like, expecting the developers and community managers to actually respond and converse with you after saying these things is beyond stupid IMO.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Toxic suggests a line has been crossed, but as far as I'm concerned none of that is something I'm interested in hearing directed at the people responsible for making a game. I don't care what the game is, or who it's made by. It's why I don't browse Reddit (in general). This thread has had plenty of complaints but for the most part they've been constructive or at least somewhat polite, but I'll dip out at the point that comments such as that become the norm.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
what difficulty are you playing on?

On GM2, i got two legendaries. one weapon and one component. i played three contracts and three strongholds. got around 20-25 masterworks. one stronghold dropped 7 masterworks, one dropped five. out of of those 20-25, i would say 5 were weapons.

I was able to do GM2 pretty easily today. there were some games where no one could do any damage and i had to quit out, but in some games we pretty much breeze through it.

i know reddit wants them to open the floodgates but i think 4-7 masterworks per stronghold isnt that bad. of course i had my luck up very high but oddly enough, i only got 4 masterworks when my luck was 140, and 7 when my luck was only 50.

i think what they should do is guarantee a legendary from the GM2 boss. it will keep players coming back for more. and maybe slightly increase the chance of enemies dropping MW in GM2. right now, most of my MWs come from chests despite high luck.

I thought GM2 and GM3 didn't have better loot drops?, the enemies are just super bullet sponges and it just takes too much time to do those in GM2, specially if your team of randoms suck.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Toxic suggests a line has been crossed, but as far as I'm concerned none of that is something I'm interested in hearing directed at the people responsible for making a game. I don't care what the game is, or who it's made by. It's why I don't browse Reddit (in general). This thread has had plenty of complaints but for the most part they've been constructive or at least somewhat polite, but I'll dip out at the point that comments such as that become the norm.

Same. The one thing that keeps me on this site is that the OTs for games are generally mostly positive, even for very divisive games with a lot of major flaws like Anthem.

This site is good about having separate threads pop up for things like the level 1 weapon glitch or the loot issues etc. so that OTs stay more level headed and are mostly people discussing a game they still mostly enjoy playing.

That changes and I'd bail as the news/hype threads are pretty ridiculous at times here and review threads, sales threads and what not are toxic cesspools most of the time. The rest of the threads are mostly polls and fanboy-ish crap that doesn't interest me. The OTs and occasional other fun thread are the reason I stick around and I hope they stay high quality and don't devolve into crap like the Anthem sub-Reddit where it's just repeated negativity and toxicity.

It can be, and many are, valid points for sure. But it's not healthy to immerse yourself in such negativity. If I feel negatively about a game (or movie or whatever), I say my piece and move on. Silly to waste more time and energy on something that's causing you negative emotions IMO. Life is short, say your piece and move on to something you enjoy that makes you happy.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I thought GM2 and GM3 didn't have better loot drops?, the enemies are just super bullet sponges and it just takes too much time to do those in GM2, specially if your team of randoms suck.

Not better drops in terms of better loot with better perks etc. But the drop rates are higher. You're 100% right that time wise it's not usually worth it playing with randoms as you could clear the GM1 version 2 or 3 times before a bad team of randos gets through. GM2 can be worth it with two or three friends who are decent and geared/leveled appropriately though.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
While I'd agree people should be allowed to voice their displeasure as rudely as they like, expecting the developers and community managers to actually respond and converse with you after saying these things is beyond stupid IMO.
Yep, you'll get the community manager to stick around because they pretty much have to be strong and put up with crap like that, but none of the devs are going to go out of their way to be confronted with that kind of pointless anger, "fuck this game", "dev incompetence" and comments of this ilk are toxic af and serve no purpose other than highlighting a lack of decency and respect from those uttering them.

It's why I don't browse Reddit (in general).
Some stuff is outright offensive, but then there's fun stuff like this:
So ashamed to see two Storms, not only on foot, but scampering around on the ramp /o\

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Not better drops in terms of better loot with better perks etc. But the drop rates are higher. You're 100% right that time wise it's not usually worth it playing with randoms as you could clear the GM1 version 2 or 3 times before a bad team of randos gets through. GM2 can be worth it with two or three friends who are decent and geared/leveled appropriately though.

Yeah, it's not worth it to me, I have little time to play and would have to start tinkering too much with my build to be at least decent in GM2.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically the loot pool might be the same, but like i said, the enemies drop more MWs in GM2 than they do in GM1. In GM1, the main source of my loot drops are the chests. Enemies were rarely drop loot. And again, i dont have any numbers, but my chests and end game masterwork drops are usually abilities and components so i'd rather play GM2 strongholds and legendary contracts to get drops from enemies which are mostly weapons and legendaries.

I mean how many GM1 strongholds have dropped 7 masterworks for you? its happened to me twice now. i had two legendary drops in GM2 yesterday after a week of slaving away in GM1 with just one legendary drop.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, it's not worth it to me, I have little time to play and would have to start tinkering too much with my build to be at least decent in GM2.

Mostly the same. I'll do some GM2 when playing with my buddy was we usually do ok together as long as both the randos aren't awful. Too frustrating with three randos though as I have terrible luck getting matched with decent ones. That said, GM1 is pretty easy and getting boring with my Storm. As above I'll probably start trying to gear up my Colossus and Interceptor when my buddy isn't on to add some variety.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

I agree with you, devs have no obligation to walk into a toxic wasteland. I said that in my original post. But the toxicity is there for a reason.

The constructive comments here are cause the angry people have stopped posting. Look at the middle of the thread and you'll see more toxic posts here.

I don't blame you for not going to reddit, but... Era is a pretty toxic place. If you were thinking this forum was a bastion of reason, well, you're wrong.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yep, you'll get the community manager to stick around because they pretty much have to be strong and put up with crap like that, but none of the devs are going to go out of their way to be confronted with that kind of pointless anger, "fuck this game", "dev incompetence" and comments of this ilk are toxic af and serve no purpose other than highlighting a lack of decency and respect from those uttering them.

Some stuff is outright offensive, but then there's fun stuff like this:
So ashamed to see two Storms, not only on foot, but scampering around on the ramp /o\

LOL!!!!

This triggers me to no end. Just stay in the damn circle.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I don't blame you for not going to reddit, but... Era is a pretty toxic place. If you were thinking this forum was a bastion of reason, well, you're wrong.

The internet as a whole is toxic and negative for sure, and Era is no different. As above, the saving grace of this forum for me is that the game OTs are pretty good.

Yeah, there's anger and toxicity in OT threads for flawed/divisive games like this for sure. But as you note, here that tends to die down as the angry people stop playing and stop posting in the OT.

This place is also pretty good for allowing new threads when there's some new controversy about a game (like that level 1 weapon glitch and some other things with this game). That keeps most of that negativity out of the game OT which is nice.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Masterwork universal components suck when you're gearing up a new class to get over the initial squishyness moving into GM1. Used to be you'd be set after a few LC's but no more! Apologies to all of the people who matched with me last night and either had to spend too much time reviving my ass or because I spent too much time out of the fight. :(

The best survivability set up you can have is probably with 1 or 2 universal components. One with 70-80% max shields and one with 70-80% max armor. That would put you above what javelin specific mods would. I got one with 70% shields and 40% ult damage that I always use on my interceptor.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
you cant hover in that circle my man.
EDIT: sorry didn't reload, see it was already posted above.

If one person deals with the electric orbs, the other three can easily deal with the skorpions, but it rarely plays out that way with randos.

What happens often is there'll be 2 people (not shaming but it's often colossus and interceptor players) that will rush off and ignore the "freelancer, stay on the platform" cries and go causing melee madness down or at the bottom of the ramp. Fun for them but not for anyone else. That'll leave 2 up top, and one of those is quite often massively under-levelled and leeching along for the guaranteed MW drop. So that leaves me stood in the centre shooting the orbs trying to make sure leechy doesn't fry, and also dealing with the skorpions that the melee maestros kindly missed.

In an organised group, everyone stays up top, one or two get the orbs, 2 or 3 hold the choke point, and it's all fine and dandy. And sometimes nothing even spawns so you all just throw flares at each other and wait for the green bar to fill.

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone ran HoR on GM1 20 times. First ten with no luck, and then with 91% luck to see how many legendaries drop. He got two drops at 91% and 0 at 0% over the course of ten games.

2 out of 10 runs is pretty bad imo. I had much better luck in GM2.

TfuDFJO.jpg

Ls7pEQd.png

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Tried Heart of Rage stronghold last night for the first time and it's fairly smooth sailing until you encounter the two furies. Jesus Christ getting past them even with a strong team felt tough as nails...

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

"Toxic" has taken on so many meanings. It's become a "catch-all" term to describe anything you disagree with or find even remotely offensive/insensitive.