• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
so it only effects certain missions/strongholds?...it's not a universal bug that is in effect all the time?

I don't know much about the conditions it can appear under, other than sometimes you'll load a mission and have paper for armour, but it won't permanently effect your Javelin and doesn't seem to be tied to particular missions. You just have to cross your fingers every time you load an activity.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Anyone else getting MW Components for javelins you aren't playing as when doing Legendary Contracts and Strongholds? It wasn't happening, but the last 2 night it's like every other one I do.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
I don't know much about the conditions it can appear under, other than sometimes you'll load a mission and have paper for armour, but it won't permanently effect your Javelin and doesn't seem to be tied to particular missions. You just have to cross your fingers every time you load an activity.
I wish it was that random for me, it has persisted for a couple of days and well over 20 expeditions on my side.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I never really noticed that selecting different difficulties makes a different sound for each one haha.

Serial Killa

Mar 9, 2019
I would like to actually be able to play a mission or stronghold or contract. Turned the game off earlier out of frustration. One and a half hours and only managed one stronghold. The rest of the time spent in loading screens, load into tarsis, back to loading screen, back to title screen, load into stronghold, back to loading screen, load into tarsis, back to loading screen, lost connection, no pilot data, rinse and repeat. Even get taken back to Xbox home page sometimes.

Never have I ever had a game this broken, never have I had server or connection issues other than the odd disconnect. It's very annoying as I just want to play for a few hours, which at this point is nearly impossible.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done. I still played everyday to do all the legendary contracts after the Division 2 came out cause I wanted that 300% damage buff on shield component on the Collosus. Not only did I not get the component I want, I only got about 4 garbage duplicates MWs with bad rolls drop randomly while doing it.

I'm just tired. I'm barely even enjoying myself. I'm just double jumping and bashing my way through the enemies cause I feel like that is the most efficient. Not even using my skills and weapons. It's sad. This game broke me.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Well, I just got a legendary from the first and only GM 2 legendary contract I've done since the loot increase patch so I guess that's nice? No time for further testing today.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I just had a survey about Anthem in my email inbox. It was mainly about how the game met your expectations and how you'd like to see it improve. Check your inbox if you want to fill it out too

Edit: Whoops, I see Pickman already posted about it

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
when playing as Storm some of the inscriptions talk about gear damage...is gear damage referring to the Blast and Focus seals?...so what is the difference between gear damage versus elemental damage?...Storm's gear abilities are all elemental

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
The animations in this game - both combat and cutscenes/convos - really was excellent.
Yes they are.

TiredAcademicAmericanquarterhorse-size_restricted.gif

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting MW Components for javelins you aren't playing as when doing Legendary Contracts and Strongholds? It wasn't happening, but the last 2 night it's like every other one I do.
Seems to have been introduced with the most recent patch yeah.

when playing as Storm some of the inscriptions talk about gear damage...is gear damage referring to the Blast and Focus seals?...so what is the difference between gear damage versus elemental damage?...Storm's gear abilities are all elemental
Gear means it's a boost to that specific piece of gear. You can tell at a glance by the gear/person icon next to the inscription. Gear = effects that item only, person = javelin wide.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Tried out equipping only legendaries on my Storm and....it's pretty crazy. 1v1ing yellow bar enemies on GM1 with just melee is silly, but it brings whole new meaning to 'glass cannon'. Nuking the Tyrant boss for over half its health in one use of my ultimate was insane though.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't understand...in the picture I attached it says Gear +10% Dmg (with a gear icon)...what do you mean by 'effects that item only'...what item?...and what does 'javelin wide' mean?...it works with all javelins?

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand...in the picture I attached it says Gear +10% Dmg (with a gear icon)...what do you mean by 'effects that item only'...what item?...and what does 'javelin wide' mean?...it works with all javelins?

Electrical damage will jump from target to target in an AOE, fire damage ignites enemies for a DoT, Ice damage slows targets, Acid damage provides a defensive debuff. Elemental + will increase those effects. Gear damage + will increase damage of the initial hit.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Electrical damage will jump from target to target in an AOE, fire damage ignites enemies for a DoT, Ice damage slows targets, Acid damage provides a defensive debuff. Elemental + will increase those effects. Gear damage + will increase damage of the initial hit.

so what does the person icon mean in the inscriptions?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A person icon means it effects all the hardware on the javelin. For instance if it's a +10% DMG with a gear icon, it's going to increase the damage done by that one ability. If it's a javelin (person) icon, it means that all the damage of all your gear is increased by 10%.
The cog means it's a boost just for the item its on and the person icon means its a boost for everything on your javelin

ah...cool...thanks...be nice if the game explained some of these things

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
On the one hand it's a bit of a leg up for your next class, on the other it makes gearing up your current class harder. :-/

Can't recall if they said it was intended or not.

It was in game from launch. You could always get gear for other javelins but it was supposed to be a rare occurrence. Last patch has made it happen a lot more frequently. Dev said it sounds like a bug and they'll look into it. Has been no update since.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Doing some missions and the storm is so bad, I can hardly see what the hell I am shooting!!

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anything new since Monday? Anything better or worse, or any patches incoming?
Server side patch today that increased chances of MW and Legendary drops in GM2 and GM3 difficulties, as well as from Legendary enemies. Didn't give a percentage but say it is "significant".

Also claim to be fixing the loot scaling issue with the next patch.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Server side patch today that increased chances of MW and Legendary drops in GM2 and GM3 difficulties, as well as from Legendary enemies. Didn't give a percentage but say it is "significant".

Also claim to be fixing the loot scaling issue with the next patch.

Not gm1? Damn fuck that.

Re loot scaling patch, I'm assuming that means that patch that's due end of March iirc?

Anthem has until 26th March to become more enjoyable for me...

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so playing as Storm is it better to have a primer/detonator gear or have a non-primer/detonator gear but higher base damage?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Primer detonator for sure unless you're in a group with a cooperative detonator class. Combo damage is your sweet sweet baby.

for Storm everyone seems to love the Ice Storm primer but I prefer the Shock Burst followed by the Lightning Strike detonator...I have the Masterwork versions of both and they are pretty powerful...isn't there supposed to be a March content/DLC drop?...they mentioned new Events every month in their roadmap

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone leaves at Monitor. It pisses me off! I'm carrying these assholes through the whole stronghold, then they bail.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
so playing as Storm is it better to have a primer/detonator gear or have a non-primer/detonator gear but higher base damage?

I use Black Ice and Venomous Blaze. They don't typically prime/detonate, their purpose is to deal damage/debuff. Combo damage isn't good enough to change my build tbh.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got the Ammo replen item...feel like its named wrong haha extra ammo and more ammo drop. thanks

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Drowning in purples in GM1 Tyrant Mines. They were irritating before but knowing they're useless to even equip makes it feel pointless.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I keep getting Masterwork drops and not a single Legendary...I've done Strongholds, Quickplay, Freeplay, Legendary Contracts all on GM1 and still nothing

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting Masterwork drops and not a single Legendary...I've done Strongholds, Quickplay, Freeplay, Legendary Contracts all on GM1 and still nothing
they increased the drops on GM2 and GM3 only.
AND legendary enemies. so go to GM2 which should have more legendary enemies.

I just got 6 drops plus one legendary from a stronghold. FOUR of them were weapons. crazy. Legendary weapon dropped from chest. the other three dropped from enemies and boss.

had no such luck in legendary contracts. only one extra MW drop from an enemy which is what i usually get everyday.

oh and be sure to have less than 90% luck. im pretty sure its bugged if you go over.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
they increased the drops on GM2 and GM3 only.
AND legendary enemies. so go to GM2 which should have more legendary enemies.

I just got 6 drops plus one legendary from a stronghold. FOUR of them were weapons. crazy. Legendary weapon dropped from chest. the other three dropped from enemies and boss.

had no such luck in legendary contracts. only one extra MW drop from an enemy which is what i usually get everyday.

oh and be sure to have less than 90% luck. im pretty sure its bugged if you go over.

It's probably best to move on to GM2 now with the hotfixes earlier today.

they increased the drops on Legendary enemies only in GM2 and above?...I don't remember seeing a patch come through on Origin today