• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Ive been rolling with Binary Star and Seal of an Open Mind. I think I'll mix it up and try yours out though.

tbh my main advice would be to mainly use your best inscription-rolled gear, with some exceptions. like for me, my Venomous Blaze is great as is but with a 175% damage inscription it's even better and definitely worth using over my Ponder Infinity which has 225% damage inscription.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they increased the drops on Legendary enemies only in GM2 and above?...I don't remember seeing a patch come through on Origin today
n the latest server-side update, we've made some notable changes to the loot drop rate in specific scenarios, which will take effect immediately in a server-side tuning update (you will not need to download anything.)

These changes include:

• Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulty levels.
  • Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for harder enemies at all difficulty levels. This includes: Legendary Titan, Epic Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Acid Ursix and Legendary Luminary Elder.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
n the latest server-side update, we've made some notable changes to the loot drop rate in specific scenarios, which will take effect immediately in a server-side tuning update (you will not need to download anything.)

These changes include:

• Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulty levels.
  • Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for harder enemies at all difficulty levels. This includes: Legendary Titan, Epic Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Acid Ursix and Legendary Luminary Elder.

thanks for the details...is there a place I can go to view all the previously released patch notes?...and maybe info on upcoming patches as well?...it's hard to keep track of all the fixes as they seem to be coming fast and furious (which is a good thing)

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the details...is there a place I can go to view all the previously released patch notes?...and maybe info on upcoming patches as well?...it's hard to keep track of all the fixes as they seem to be coming fast and furious (which is a good thing)
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/update-notes

the game actually gives you an option to review notes when you boot into fort tarsis for the first time.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
tbh my main advice would be to mainly use your best inscription-rolled gear, with some exceptions. like for me, my Venomous Blaze is great as is but with a 175% damage inscription it's even better and definitely worth using over my Ponder Infinity which has 225% damage inscription.

Gotcha.

I'll have to double check my best stuff. Legendary worth running over slightly better inscriptions?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Looks like some of the sub bosses in the last mission strong hold are dropping yellows in GM1, think I'll run it tonight test my luck (Titian and furries).

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Gone for a week and it's like a clusterfuck in here lolol

Some massive broken mechanics so loot literally doesn't matter and a patch to follow that give more loot! Lol

Pretty happy they're making gm2&3 worth a dam finally. Will definitely hop back in for that.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Gone for a week and it's like a clusterfuck in here lolol

Some massive broken mechanics so loot literally doesn't matter and a patch to follow that give more loot! Lol

Pretty happy they're making gm2&3 worth a dam finally. Will definitely hop back in for that.

That's already live, it was a server-side change.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did a handful of Contracts, got some MW items, so that was nice. Trying just to play Ranger so I can get more gear.

I still enjoy the combat, I just wish there was more variety in terms of abilities etc. I would happily swap out my bubble shield for something more active or interesting.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone know how you get to be able to craft higher tier components? I'm an epic Colossus now at 424 and can still only craft rare components at the highest.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know how you get to be able to craft higher tier components? I'm an epic Colossus now at 424 and can still only craft rare components at the highest.
In order to craft a handful of masterwork components you have to get 50,000 reputation points with each of the 3 factions. So basically by the time you can craft them you'll likely have all the components you want even though it'll take hundreds of hours of farming.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's rank 3 in sentinals or freelancer faction I think.
That's not too bad then. Almost there.
In order to craft a handful of masterwork components you have to get 50,000 reputation points with each of the 3 factions. So basically by the time you can craft them you'll likely have all the components you want even though it'll take hundreds of hours of farming.
Goddamn...masterworks going to be out of reach for a long ass time.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know what's going on with this game today but somehow my master work assault launcher combo does half the damage in a combo strike than it does just normally. This has never happened. Also I just unlocked another masterwork machine pistol... apparently that's all I can get, and ontop of that it increases weapon and melee damage by 0% for 0 seconds. Why do I even bother with this game at this point. Might he time to put it down for a bit until its a functional game.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the buff is real. No legendaries but a shower of MW just running world events in GM2. Unfortunately I hit my loot limit AND my game crashed when I was quitting and I don't have the loot yet. Hope it shows up soon. Had over 10 MW.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
So I kinda get this game now.

First off, playing on PC. Took me now 3 days to find perfect settings. Fucking around w/ the nvidia control panel, some tricks w/ origin/triple buffering/no vsync I got a locked flawless 60 on high (w/ some medium settings) @ 1440p/85%. Game is gorgeous.

Second, game is SUPER tight on PC w/ a controller, wow. Feels almost as good as Destiny to play. And the loop is fun...

...but, theres not enough atm. I can already tell.

Chasing MW's and legendaries will be addicting, because, well, I love loot. The issue is theres only 3 strongholds.

Now, I get what role Strongholds have in this game. They are the DUNGEONS of the game. If they can dish out another 1-3 in the next 6 months, that could be substantial content, given the addicting combat and loot chase being as fun as it is.

Add in a traditional raid and I think they have a winner.

Don't spend time on systems no one will care about. Give us loot, give us cool bosses in these "dungeons" and give us a reason to role support/damage/tank w/ a traditional 6-8 player raid.

I know its asking a lot, but I can see this game getting big in a year if they prioritize their shit correctly.

Sorry for the rant/grammer (on mobile).

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if it's just RNG, but I'm getting more masterworks in GM1 than GM2 Stronghold. The loot levels were the same too.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
GM2 huh? The last time I tried GM2 the only way I could do damage was by setting enemies on fire and hitting them with combos..

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Loot's definitely been bumped up. Been getting a bunch of MW and two legendaries just from standard contracts in the last hour on GM1.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Loot's definitely been bumped up. Been getting a bunch of MW and two legendaries just from standard contracts in the last hour on GM1.

I had no luck tonight. Maybe a tad more masterworks than usual from legendary contracts and freeplay on GM2, but nothing useful and no legendaries.

Seemed harder and that we were doing less damage in GM2 than last night too.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn I'm finding this game unplayable tonight. I don't know if all the geared players said fuck it and went to The Division 2 or what?

Every single Stronghold I get into my teams are just dead in seconds. They have no armor or shields for a GM1 run. Bioware needs to put some sort of gear check on the random Strongholds. If you have no MW Components you shouldn't be allowed into a GM1 Stronghold.

Literally I've joined up in 5 Strongholds tonight and the only one I finished was the one where I spawned in on the final boss of Heart of Rage. Every other missions I've had to leave after multiple wipes on TRASH mobs.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
God damn I'm finding this game unplayable tonight. I don't know if all the geared players said fuck it and went to The Division 2 or what?

Every single Stronghold I get into my teams are just dead in seconds. They have no armor or shields for a GM1 run. Bioware needs to put some sort of gear check on the random Strongholds. If you have no MW Components you shouldn't be allowed into a GM1 Stronghold.

Literally I've joined up in 5 Strongholds tonight and the only one I finished was the one where I spawned in on the final boss of Heart of Rage. Every other missions I've had to leave after multiple wipes on TRASH mobs.

I had some weird stuff tonight where I was dieing super fast. I was doing a bunch of GM2 and surviving fine, but one Tyrant Mine on GM1 I was going down almost instantly. I had to close the game and rejoin the stronghold and then everything was fine.

So I think there was something going on with gear today.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^yeah, i had the same issue with damage today. i thought they had fixed the bug but i guess its back. happened in a contract in the beginning. we all died in seconds. but after respawn it was fine. odd.

loot has definitely been approved. got two legendaries. one from a random contract on GM3 where i couldnt kill a single enemy but they dropped an epic and legendary anyway.

tried some freeplay on GM3 and nope only two MWs in like half an hour of play.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To the surprise of no one, loot feels so much better now. Even if the scaling is still fucked, the drop rate feels much more fair. That next patch can't come soon enough.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
oh and be sure to have less than 90% luck. im pretty sure its bugged if you go over.

The new theory on reddit is that luck is more important than ever. But you must have 90 or less.

GM2 and GM3 were bumped, not GM1. The enemies that were buffed for all difficulties, rarely spawn in regular contracts.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Grinding to 30 is starting to feel slow. I'm halfway to 28 and have full 35 gear. So anything that drops is of no use at the moment. Just want to start the loot grind at max...

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Any Colossus players here use the flak cannon at all? Curious if it's of any use or what to combine it with.

235f255c-cc46-4fd3-blokgo.jpeg

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still dont know why they bother with non Primer or Detonator skills. They should add them so we have more options. Instead, we end up using the same few skills because they work.

On a side note, starting playing Thiccboi again and MW were raining down. Typical.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone know yet if it's worth running GM2 all day instead of GM1? I'm aware the loot drops are increased, but GM1 is significantly easier to run through.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This video shows a lot of concept art. The channel sounds fairly certain this stuff is going to be in game (I mean, with some of it, it obviously is, but there is a lot of concept art here).

At the very least, check all the weapons: https://youtu.be/SSGmKCX2sYY?t=336

WHERE ARE THESE
Faction weapons sound great. Especially showing off energy weapons. I can see them pushing more Dominion stuff, especially after the story stuff.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Faction weapons sound great. Especially showing off energy weapons. I can see them pushing more Dominion stuff, especially after the story stuff.
Yeah, I am kinda over the Scar. They remind me too much of Destiny and Warframe factions.
There's no patch. Back end things from what they've said.
Damn, you're right--just saw this: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...rently_there_will_be_a_2_hour_maintenance_on/

Fuck that lol. Currently have 107, and can't unequip anything, or it'll take me under 90 lol.

Got two legendaries today, one from freeplay (out of 49 drops), and one from an LC.
lol

The reddit theories are hilarious. "I got X with 123 luck but YZ with 45 luck...!"

It's almost like there's a random element at play!

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Fuck that lol. Currently have 107, and can't unequip anything, or it'll take me under 90 lol.

Got two legendaries today, one from freeplay (out of 49 drops), and one from an LC.

I've got an interceptor build with 275 luck. 1st time using it got a legendary and 3 mws within a few minutes. The next day I was getting more blues than ever with the build. At this point I just ignore luck. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't working as intended.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused why my Colosus seems to die SO fast in hard Strongholds. I get shot two or three times and I'm basically dead.

We were doing the Temple of Scar, and I would die in 5 seconds upon entering the boss chamber. And there were so many adds becuase nobody was killing them, so that didn't help. But nobody would revive me so I missed out on boss loot (which was cool).

What am I doing wrong with my build?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused why my Colosus seems to die SO fast in hard Strongholds. I get shot two or three times and I'm basically dead.

We were doing the Temple of Scar, and I would die in 5 seconds upon entering the boss chamber. And there were so many adds becuase nobody was killing them, so that didn't help. But nobody would revive me so I missed out on boss loot (which was cool).

High level colossus specific components are what will help with your survivability. The universal components give pretty much no armor compared to the colossus specific ones.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You could also be getting the health bug.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017

I hope this doesn't come off patronizing, because I'm not sure which level you are/where you're at, but are you using Colossus components? If you use universal components you miss out on pretty much necessary armor/health