• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
My power in the forge says 662 but in the squad screen it says 480. Is it that same old bug?

Edit: Unequipped and equipped my gear all over again and now it's good

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Any advice on an Interceptor build? Taking a break from Colossus but I'm kind of all over the place gear wise.

Weapons wise, I use the Thunderbolt of Yvenia, to do electrical damage and shred shields. Supplement that with Conductive Lattice component (or whatever the epic version is called, that increases electrical damage). Currently, my other weapon is a sniper rifle - Siege Breaker, that freezes targets after three consecutive hits from the rifle. Currently only using it, as it's a legendary. I'll swap it out for a legendary Elemental Rage (if I ever get one lol).

If you only have epic components, or not a full set of mw yet, go for epic melee, epic armor, epic shields, blade inscription, and maybe ultimate inscription.

If you have mw, go for Talisman of Power, Way of the Bold, Way of the Swift, and any other decent mw.

If you want a glass cannon (I.e pure dps), try to equip/roll melee damage bonus stats.

For survivability, equip/roll armor and/or shields.

For great all round, aim for a mix of the above + gear speed.

For gear, assault system: I use Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), although I know people recommend Serpent's Veil (venom bomb). For Strike system: use Sudden Death (Tempest Strike), or plasma star if you want a ranged attack.

Conductive Lattice, (and the epic version), enhances your melee with an electrical explosion (upon a three hit streak).

Absolute Zero (and cryo glaive) freeze supposedly lock on and freeze five targets (although mine has never frozen more than one, and doesn't always lock on lol). It's also a primer.

Sudden Death (and Tempest Strike) is a detonator, and your melee is a detonator too.

Int has to always stay on the move, so keep dashing or jumping or flying.

Best approach for me is to throw in Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), and then jump in with either Sudden Death (Tempest Strike) or straight melee.

You also have a passive ability called an aura, that transfers any status effects on to another target, once you melee the affected target. E.g. melee frozen target, and then melee another target and it will also freeze (unless it has shields).

Mw components mentioned above:

Way of the Bold: increases aura combo and also restores 20% armor after you defeat an enemy with melee.

Way of the Swift: increases assault system damage by 5%, and any LB hit increases RB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Conductive Lattice: increases electricity damage and electricity resistance, and increases gear cool down speed, and a three hit melee streak detonates an electric explosion.

Talisman of power: increases strike system damage by 10%, and any RB hit increases LB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Btw, be wary of the Vengeance Matrix component, its worded funny, as the wording says that it increases all damage by 50% and reduces damage taken by -25%. According to a dev on reddit, it decreases damage resistance by 25%.

Last two slots are for whatever you have.

Assault system: Absolute Zero apparently locks onto five targets and freezes them, and hitting an enemy from above detonates an ice explosion.

Strike system: Sudden Death, hitting an enemy detonates a fire explosion.

Or for ranged:

Plasma star is a throwing star that "melts through armor".

Support system: go for Target Beacon; it locks onto a target and reduces their resistances by 33%. If that enemy is defeated, the effect jumps to another enemy.

For consumables, I go for the gear sigil (speeds up gear recharge speed) , armor sigil, and melee sigil.

Oh yeah, Int also has triple jump and triple dash.

I think that pretty much covers everything lol. All the descriptions are 99% word for word for the description on the items.

Btw, logged 129 hours, over 120 of which are on Int, and I was maining gm1, before it was nerfed. Currently sitting with a 704 mw int javelin.

Let me know if you want to know anything else!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Weapons wise, I use the Thunderbolt of Yvenia, to do electrical damage and shred shields. Supplement that with Conductive Lattice component (or whatever the epic version is called, that increases electrical damage). Currently, my other weapon is a sniper rifle - Siege Breaker, that freezes targets after three consecutive hits from the rifle. Currently only using it, as it's a legendary. I'll swap it out for a legendary Elemental Rage (if I ever get one lol).

If you only have epic components, or not a full set of mw yet, go for epic melee, epic armor, epic shields, blade inscription, and maybe ultimate inscription.

If you have mw, go for Talisman of Power, Way of the Bold, Way of the Swift, and any other decent mw.

If you want a glass cannon (I.e pure dps), try to equip/roll melee damage bonus stats.

For survivability, equip/roll armor and/or shields.

For great all round, aim for a mix of the above + gear speed.

For gear, assault system: I use Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), although I know people recommend Serpent's Veil (venom bomb). For Strike system: use Sudden Death (Tempest Strike), or plasma star if you want a ranged attack.

Conductive Lattice, (and the epic version), enhances your melee with an electrical explosion (upon a three hit streak).

Absolute Zero (and cryo glaive) freeze supposedly lock on and freeze five targets (although mine has never frozen more than one, and doesn't always lock on lol). It's also a primer.

Sudden Death (and Tempest Strike) is a detonator, and your melee is a detonator too.

Int has to always stay on the move, so keep dashing or jumping or flying.

Best approach for me is to throw in Absolute Zero (cryo glaive), and then jump in with either Sudden Death (Tempest Strike) or straight melee.

You also have a passive ability called an aura, that transfers any status effects on to another target, once you melee the affected target. E.g. melee frozen target, and then melee another target and it will also freeze (unless it has shields).

Mw components mentioned above:

Way of the Bold: increases aura combo and also restores 20% armor after you defeat an enemy with melee.

Way of the Swift: increases assault system damage by 5%, and any LB hit increases RB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Conductive Lattice: increases electricity damage and electricity resistance, and increases gear cool down speed, and a three hit melee streak detonates an electric explosion.

Talisman of power: increases strike system damage by 10%, and any RB hit increases LB damage by 50% for five seconds.

Btw, be wary of the Vengeance Matrix component, its worded funny, as the wording says that it increases all damage by 50% and reduces damage taken by -25%. According to a dev on reddit, it decreases damage resistance by 25%.

Last two slots are for whatever you have.

Assault system: Absolute Zero apparently locks onto five targets and freezes them, and hitting an enemy from above detonates an ice explosion.

Strike system: Sudden Death, hitting an enemy detonates a fire explosion.

Or for ranged:

Plasma star is a throwing star that "melts through armor".

Support system: go for Target Beacon; it locks onto a target and reduces their resistances by 33%. If that enemy is defeated, the effect jumps to another enemy.

For consumables, I go for the gear sigil (speeds up gear recharge speed) , armor sigil, and melee sigil.

I think that pretty much covers everything lol. All the descriptions are 99% word for word for the description on the items.

Let me know if you want to know anything else!

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I've been using the vengeance matrix (the epic version) so I will have to get rid of that. I have a MW version of all three guns you mentioned so I will play around with those. Components and abilities are my lacking areas so I look out for what you listed. Thanks again!

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused why my Colosus seems to die SO fast in hard Strongholds. I get shot two or three times and I'm basically dead.

We were doing the Temple of Scar, and I would die in 5 seconds upon entering the boss chamber. And there were so many adds becuase nobody was killing them, so that didn't help. But nobody would revive me so I missed out on boss loot (which was cool).

What am I doing wrong with my build?

*looks at imaginary build*

Can't tell you if you don't show us!

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Thanks for the help. I've been using the vengeance matrix (the epic version) so I will have to get rid of that. I have a MW version of all three guns you mentioned so I will play around with those. Components and abilities are my lacking areas so I look out for what you listed. Thanks again!

If you don't think Vengeance Matrix is affecting your survivability, then maybe stick with it. See how you feel.

Btw, imo, don't get rid of mw components, if you don't have to, or decent epics. You never know what combo you'll want, and you can stack a mw component, with an epic version of the same.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you can use epic versions of equipped MW components.

Of course, it's hard to know what exactly is happening without a damned Stat page.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know why my assault launcher pulse blast does two times more damage by itself than when I use it as a denitator in a combo strike for half the damage. This is even with a component that allows my combo strikes to have 50% more damage when I do a combo. Not sure what's happening.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just started playing the WussWizz...such a different style of gameplay when you hide 2 miles in the sky and nuke people.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you just love it when the way loot drops makes it look like you've got a yellow, but it's just a blue in front of an orange or something...

accx

Oct 28, 2017
Any advice on an Interceptor build? Taking a break from Colossus but I'm kind of all over the place gear wise.

Raneri's Charge (Spark Dash mw). Recharges spark dash.
Cariff's Talon (Detonating Strike mw). Instantly restores 35% health on kill. Does not affect Shields though so i'm stacking armor instead.

Conductive Lattice - Electric explosion on 3 melee hits. Also boost Electric Resistances and Electric damage.
Talisman of Power - Any E hit increases Q damage by 50% for 5 seconds.
Way of the Swift - Any Q hit increases E damage by 50% for 5 seconds.
Way of the bold - Defeating enemy with a melee hit restores 20% Armor.
Way of integration - Gear hit streaks increases all damage by 30% for five seconds. Also boosts Acid resistances and Acid damage.
Way of Resolve - Dashing increases melee damage by 40% for 10 seconds.

I currently am missing Way of Resolve and am using a Legendary Vengeance Matrix instead.

For weapons i'm biased towards Machine pistols and shotties.
Vassa's Surprise - On a melee hit, gain 25% ammo in the magazine. (Hailstorm)
Rolling Carnage - Dashing increases this weapon's damage by 50% for 20 seconds. Stacks to 3. (Vengeance)

Papa pump is also great.
Divine Vengeance should also be good.
Ralner's Blaze too maybe.
Unending Battle is good as well.

I almost never use my weapons though. Constantly spark dashing from target to target. Gotta go fast!

Stack Purple Armor, Purple Shield and Green Armor for consumables just cause dps is already high enough so survivability is nicer.

Edit:
Oh and with a battle cry or rally cry or whatever it's called. The status clearing one, but i've been tempted to switch to the dps one... but clearing status effects is just so good.

Last edited:

accx

Oct 28, 2017
20%
Not 200%

:p

Oh, i just copied info from a site cause i can't remember everything, Thanks for the correction!

Also i posted in the performance thread but perhaps this is more active and was wondering if there's any way to get 85% resolution scale to stick after restart? Read-only ini file doesn't work.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, i just copied info from a site cause i can't remember everything, Thanks for the correction!

Also i posted in the performance thread but perhaps this is more active and was wondering if there's any way to get 85% resolution scale to stick after restart? Read-only ini file doesn't work.

Lol, np I was only teasing.
Sorry I'm on X1.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Fire up the game for first time since last Friday.
Hard crash...

Sok probably had to fix some server side handshake stuff. Try again

Connection problem, loading screen, reset, press x, loading screen, reset, Anthem servers are down, connecting to online services, loading screen, reset, Anthem is currently unavailable, connecting...

Welp. I honestly forgot how bad just getting the game to start was. Cya next month I guess.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hard crash...

Connection problem, loading screen, reset, press x, loading screen, reset, Anthem servers are down, connecting to online services, loading screen, reset, Anthem is currently unavailable, connecting...

Welp. I honestly forgot how bad just getting the game to start was. Cya next month I guess.
Yesterday and today I had some weird connection/session issues.

I was running GM2 Freeplay and hit my loot limit. As I was losing back to base, the game crashed. I figured my items would arrive later and so I do a GM2 QP mission. Got some great drops but, what the, it's acting like my loot is still full...from Freeplay??

Well, we beat the mission but I die RIGHT at the end and it respawns me...back into the mission, without a team, with all enemies back. And all the drops still uncollected, INCLUDING a legendary.

Still haven't received that legendary. Got all the loot from the Freeplay session, but the QP mission loot was lost :(

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
As any of you been successful requesting a refund from EA?

I am currently in a battle to get this refunded (EA Wallet) seeing the game is broken, however they are not budging.

The biggest issue i have is that the game is not even 30 days old and as its currently broken i am "entitled" to a refund under EU law.

EA seems to think that because they are a US company, their refund policy supersedes EU government regulations and as such they will not do anything.

Surely what they are doing is illegal?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not a single legendary today. my god.

doesnt help that i have killed like 20 bosses today.

MWs have been raining though.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Legendary drop from a normal Scar while solo farming a dungeon in GM2. Don't think that's ever happened before. Also, I got a bunch of MWs so far.
yeah, legendaries can drop from anything. got one to drop from a GM3 contract (regular) last night without me killing a single thing. they just dropped it while spawning an enemy. i am pretty sure the loot in this game is bugged right now.

What difficulty/content are you farming?
GM2. Spent an hour on GM3 playing a legendary contract. no legendaries. only two MWs. One from finishing it.

Then on GM2, did a legendary contract that had SIX drops during the mission and another guaranteed upon finishing it. completed three strikes from start to finish and killed like five bosses. luck ranged from 65-90.

must have gotten over 40 MWs today without getting a legendary.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Okay, I bit the bullet. I bought anthem for PC, any good tips? Is there an Era team? Help a n00b out plz :)

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Hard crash...

Gave it a God's honest hour later tonight, same exact thing. Spent about 6 minutes in a game, then kicked back to loading screen and reset loop that won't end.

Fuck this.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
have they fixed the health bug?...my health seems over-powered 1 second and then totally under-powered the next

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Stilly lousy loot luck for me. Ran the three legendary contracts on GM2 and got 6 MWs (counting the 3 guaranteed) and no legendaries.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stilly lousy loot luck for me. Ran the three legendary contracts on GM2 and got 6 MWs (counting the 3 guaranteed) and no legendaries.
I've had the best luck with GM2 dungeons. Just run through the various dungeons on the map + World Events mixed in. It's the best way to farm right now with Heart of Rage busted through matchmaking.
Yeah, I haven't had any luck with the contracts. Got about 9 MW earlier today running them but that's it. I got my legendaries last night on World Events and QP mission.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to fix that real soon.
tenor.gif

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given how much downtime you have between strongholds and contracts, running dungeons and events might be best for farming.

12 MW in 2.5 hours of GM2 Freeplay. World Events and Dungeons. No legendaries so far, though.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wish you could launch a mission again after finishing one instead of having to go back to town/forge. Would speed things up considerably.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Did EA release a patch for the whole PS4 crash thing yet? I played some earlier this week and it crashed just before the end of a mission.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Still enjoying the core combat loop but the repetition is getting to me a bit. I must admit, i seemed to get some more varied missions but silencing relics is just damn boring/can be super hard on GM+. I am happy that BW keep trying to fix stuff but we need that content.