• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I found a +100% legendary shotgun but i keep dying trying to stay close to enemies...
How do you effectively use a shotgun in this game?
Either high mobility or high shields/armor. There are some fairly good shotguns in Anthem but toe-to-toe to most enemies on the higher GM's is suicide. Or use freezing skills to lock them down and then shotgun,

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So Anthem family, how's the loot now?
I must admit, I am not running Strongholds etc like crazy, so my thoughts might be a bit off. It feels better in terms of frequency. I still get purples and the random blue but it makes the MW drops more exciting (still wish they had a cool Diablo 3 noise when then drop). The downside is not knowing what it is and also not knowing if it's any good for you/rolls are good.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I must admit, I am not running Strongholds etc like crazy, so my thoughts might be a bit off. It feels better in terms of frequency. I still get purples and the random blue but it makes the MW drops more exciting (still wish they had a cool Diablo 3 noise when then drop). The downside is not knowing what it is and also not knowing if it's any good for you/rolls are good.
People aren't even running strongholds because bosses doesn't drop anything. Most people doing freeplay and dungeons and I'm seeing lots of improvements

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People aren't even running strongholds because bosses doesn't drop anything. Most people doing freeplay and dungeons and I'm seeing lots of improvements
Agreed. Sometimes freeplay is fantastic because encounters happen frequently and loot is dropping from the sky. Other times I fly around and see nothing apart from empty chests.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Agreed. Sometimes freeplay is fantastic because encounters happen frequently and loot is dropping from the sky. Other times I fly around and see nothing apart from empty chests.
They need to improve a lot in this matter. You expect people to continue playing a loot game when the loot itself is weak? Hell no mate. I hate to say this because I had lots of faith in Anthem but, they need to learn from the division

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They need to improve a lot in this matter. You expect people to continue playing a loot game when the loot itself is weak? Hell no mate. I hate to say this because I had lots of faith in Anthem but, they need to learn from the division
The Division still has loads and loads of crap loot as you progress but that's part of the loot drive when something better drops. If the stats and upgrades in Anthem were more obvious/transparent, they people would see a loot path. As it stands, it's hard to see if something is a meaningful upgrade to what you have or not.

Personally they should drop the gearscore in terms of controlling damage etc and just make it a score for gauging content but they should stick with the traditional dps/defence etc style of stats and let people build around that.

On top of that, it needs to having interesting and meaningful updates to loot and not just at 30. Diablo 3 has lower level legendaries that just keep the flow more interesting, even if it's replaced fairly quickly. Anthem should have lower level MW items that are useful but get replaced by epic items etc at higher levels. Then they can make the actual endgame MW items far more interesting and varied.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two weeks left in March for:
  • Events: Beasts of the Field, Scar Infestation, Outlaw Outrage
  • Legendary Missions - Phase 1 (4 missions)
  • Elysian Caches

At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they delay all of the new content and just claim "Transparency". Things must look really rough for the team working their asses of to deliver the patches.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
At this point I wouldnt be surprised if they delay all of the new content and just claim "Transparency". Things must look really rough for the team working their asses of to deliver the patches.

I could see the Elysian chests getting delayed since the loot is such a mess. The free play events and legendary versions of story missions imagine will drop this month as those should be easy insertions. Who knows though with how every update seems to break something else though.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Just a quick though on the loot, they should just make some weekly challenges that guarantee legendary drops. Like Destiny 2 has the challenges that guantee powerful rewards. Just set some things like complete 10 legendary contracts get a legendary drop, beat ten stronghold bosses, complete 20 world events and so on.

Give people some things to work toward with a guaranteed legendary drop. That's a good way to keep people playing IMO.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got that Divine Vengeance finally!

I also realized my Renewed Courage legendary is actually pretty amazing. It does 500 damage (marksman rifle territory) at 850 RPM with basically zero recoil (part of its perk). Just shreds.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick though on the loot, they should just make some weekly challenges that guarantee legendary drops. Like Destiny 2 has the challenges that guantee powerful rewards. Just set some things like complete 10 legendary contracts get a legendary drop, beat ten stronghold bosses, complete 20 world events and so on.

Give people some things to work toward with a guaranteed legendary drop. That's a good way to keep people playing IMO.
More than that, even Xur gave one exotic per week, unless they changed it after I stopped playing.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
I either need that new content or some media from Bioware to keep things interesting. The way Warframe does livestreams makes the game even more exciting to play tbh.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
So Anthem family, how's the loot now?

The day they upped gm2 and gm3 drops is the day I started regularly playing GM2. Up to that point I felt pretty good in GM1 and only dabble din GM2. I have done all the available legendary contracts since the "patch" and my drops are no different from my experience with GM1. Just guaranteed drops with maybe 1-2 extras per the 3 runs. I do run without the support ability to get a bit more DPS out of my Javelin, which brings me to this

https://old.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...uality_is_linked_to_group_average_item_level/

I thought I was going nuts when the "level 1 gear fiasco" was happening as I was getting nothing but blues/purples with low power gear. Good to see my sanity is still somewhat intact.

Two weeks left in March for:
  • Events: Beasts of the Field, Scar Infestation, Outlaw Outrage

These took/are taking place. World events seem to be the only things working as intended.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems a little different than the tutorial area. Also that's a Brute.

I meant Brute but thought of Furies for some reason, lol, you are right. Still, recycled enemy. I wonder if there will be anything "new" new in March, like a new enemy or location. So far nothing on the horizon.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I meant Brute but thought of Furies for some reason, lol, you are right. Still, recycled enemy. I wonder if there will be anything "new" new in March, like a new enemy or location. So far nothing on the horizon.

It's just an enemy, it's not recycled.

Hopefully there is some good actual new stuff this month though, yeah. These world events have been a huge letdown. Nothing new and exciting, and like 1000 coin as a reward.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just an enemy, it's not recycled.

Hopefully there is some good actual new stuff this month though, yeah. These world events have been a huge letdown. Nothing new and exciting, and like 1000 coin as a reward.

I firmly believe those coin rewards are leftovers of when the economy was balanced in another completely different way. I saw when I was playing that there was a challenge were you had to kill 75 Titans? and the reward was like 2k coins. So absurd.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Isnt this just a Fury in the place you do the tutorial mission on?

Looks like the final room of one of the dungeons. That one already has Dominion and those brutes in it. The problem with Anthem is that so many areas look the same and are used so many times, it all sort of blends together. I'm assuming this is supposed to be a legendary mission.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
they really need to improve the drop rates on Legendary items...I'm all for end-game grind but this is crazy...I've done a ton of Strongholds, Quickplay, Freeplay at various Grandmaster levels and have only received 2 Legendary drops (I did receive the Divine Vengeance assault rifle which is pretty cool)...I keep getting the exact same Masterwork drops over and over

also where is the March content drops?...way too many new Freeplay events listed on the March roadmap...they really needed to add at least 1 new Stronghold in March (a new one is scheduled for April)

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the legendary missions will offer a guaranteed MW weapon (so that we have an activity for each item type, although it would be nice if all were repeatable for farming). I'd also like the guaranteed drop to have a small chance of dropping at legendary level.

And having the bosses drop their own loot seperately to the guaranteed drop for the SH would be a nice addition and extra incentive to stay for the boss kill.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Legendary...

jLVNnzj.jpg

Blah.

So I'm starting to see the issue with endgame.

Purples are worthless and not even worth picking up. The time it takes to dismantle or "mark as trash" is the worst. Until they make it so you can convert embers up for crafting, what's the point?

How do you unlock MW and Legendary craftables?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we have guaranteed MW. Some kind of weekly Legendary would be great.
Got my first Legendary...

jLVNnzj.jpg

Blah.

So I'm starting to see the issue with endgame.

Purples are worthless and not even worth picking up. The time it takes to dismantle or "mark as trash" is the worst. Until they make it so you can convert embers up for crafting, what's the point?

How do you unlock MW and Legendary craftables?
Completing challenges with them--basically, kill legendaries. I recently unlocked a few MW gear pieces to craft.

Also, give that weapon a shot. Remember, the Legendary versions are better, stat-wise, than MW. They don't just have better inscriptions. The LMG legendary I got only did 350 damage a shot as a MW but does 500 damage a shot at Legendary, which is like a marksman rifle damage output.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've now gotten Venoms Bite FIVE OUT OF SIX fucking times in my last 6 Stronghold runs.

The RNG is this game is fucked, and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist.

What are the statistical odds that I get the same fucking ability that many times in a row?

Fuck this game.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we have guaranteed MW. Some kind of weekly Legendary would be great.

Completing challenges with them--basically, kill legendaries. I recently unlocked a few MW gear pieces to craft.

Also, give that weapon a shot. Remember, the Legendary versions are better, stat-wise, than MW. They don't just have better inscriptions. The LMG legendary I got only did 350 damage a shot as a MW but does 500 damage a shot at Legendary, which is like a marksman rifle damage output.

Holy shit. It hits the Monitor for 29k per shot on the head. Guess that's a thing...

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Another endgame piece of shit I hope they fix...

Selecting a specific Stronghold still matches you with people mid-match. So joining HoR is a fucking crapshoot. What the fuck is the difference between selecting versus QP at this point as a solo player? Nothing.

Oct 27, 2017

Selecting a specific Stronghold still matches you with people mid-match. So joining HoR is a fucking crapshoot. What the fuck is the difference between selecting versus QP at this point as a solo player? Nothing.

They're aware of that and looking into that fixing it. Adding Legendary drops to the boss loot table should also give players an incentive to finish the whole thing.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah they said it's bugged and hope to fix it soon.

It's annoying as fuck, I like hoping into a SH and just finishing a boss, but only when I select quickplay, not all the fucking time. I've done HoR like 20 times and only 1 was from the beginning, and then after carrying the whole team to monitor, they all fucking ditch. I must have had 15 different people join on me after that, finally I had to abandon it because no one would stay, and I wasn't going to waste my time soloing the boss.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, those rolls are beautiful. Congrats mate!

I used it last night and it turned out to be stronger than I expected. But I'm wondering if it's because it's a legendary weapon or if its because of the rolls.

The Harvest roll seems useless. The low Elemental roll seems bad. The Physical might be OK for jump slam combo spam? The Crit damage is fine, but if the max roll is 100%, my roll just seems low.

I guess I just need context!

Nov 17, 2017
I used it last night and it turned out to be stronger than I expected. But I'm wondering if it's because it's a legendary weapon or if its because of the rolls.

The Harvest roll seems useless. The low Elemental roll seems bad. The Physical might be OK for jump slam combo spam? The Crit damage is fine, but if the max roll is 100%, my roll just seems low.

I guess I just need context!

Physical is weapon damage as well.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Can you stack legendary contracts? I didn't have the time to do them last night, but I accepted them from the faction boards.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
This better be a fucking placeholder during the maintenance downtime otherwise I'm gonna be so pissed, was looking forward to getting the interceptor scar armour so much.

c4p3fu4if2n21.png

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Casey's statements seem to stoke more anger than anything else. I mean I get he wants to reassure people they're not bailing on the game, but unless you have some specifics to show / tease I don't think people are going to receive this as a positive 'update'... not sure how much longer they can just keep telling people "they're listening"