• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
The PTS is being opened on PC today if anyone wants to check out the work in progress cataclysm. Separate download though so I don't think I can be bothered.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This comparison video really made me laugh. God this game is pathetic.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Pretty bold move by EA the "ongoing GaaS" status. This'll most likely be the penultimate nail in its coffin.

The game is reaching a point where it cannot even function as intended due to the lack of players. There isnt anyone running GM3 anymore, for example. They will quietly let it die the same way Andromeda did.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
I think it's a bit early to write cataclysms off considering it's a work in progress and far from complete, either graphically or mechanically. I haven't seen much in the way of reporting on the PTS. AtG reddit says it's a total failure and catastrophe, but they were always going to say that. Low sodium reddit says it's got some cool new areas, features, puzzles and enemies and after it's complete will be well worth playing, but they were always going to say that.

I'm just waiting on the Ryan Central video on whether to hope it'll be any good because he's like the only guy making Anthem content who is pretty objective.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a bit early to write cataclysms off considering it's a work in progress and far from complete, either graphically or mechanically. I haven't seen much in the way of reporting on the PTS. AtG reddit says it's a total failure and catastrophe, but they were always going to say that. Low sodium reddit says it's got some cool new areas, features, puzzles and enemies and after it's complete will be well worth playing, but they were always going to say that.

I'm just waiting on the Ryan Central video on whether to hope it'll be any good because he's like the only guy making Anthem content who is pretty objective.

Player numbers are way way down though. How can the game function as intended if it is multiplayer at its base and there is no base.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Haven't really been following the game much since the middle of April (mainly just seeing all of the bigger articles about it), but the state of the game a few weeks after launch seemed to get to even Ryan. He definitely wasn't gushing positively hard like some questionable channels, or blasting it into oblivion, but I'm not sure he's all that objective. I think if nothing else, he's the most balanced I've seen when it comes to trying to simply state facts, with what he likes, dislikes and hopes to see.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Haven't really been following the game much since the middle of April (mainly just seeing all of the bigger articles about it), but the state of the game a few weeks after launch seemed to get to even Ryan. He definitely wasn't gushing positively hard like some questionable channels, or blasting it into oblivion, but I'm not sure he's all that objective. I think if nothing else, he's the most balanced I've seen when it comes to trying to simply state facts, with what he likes, dislikes and hopes to see.
That's basically what I was getting at, though you're right that balanced is a better word choice to describe it.

You'd think a professional writer would have got it right the first time but no :p
Player numbers are way way down though. How can the game function as intended if it is multiplayer at its base and there is no base.
Yes, this is an issue but not insurmountable - if the actual cataclysm release gets some good press then a lot of players would be willing to give it a try at least.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
SPSgPWr.jpg

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
EA surprised Anthem fans by not giving the game an official spot on its EA Play presentation, but it did squeeze some time for the game between its FIFA and Madden NFL spots. Lead producer Ben Irving appeared for a short interview and recognized the game's weak spots while committing to continuing to work on it.

Irving said that right now the team is working with influencers and getting feedback from players about recent events and the Cataclysm. The idea right now is to gather impressions from the test server and use that to shape content going forward.

"Anthem does have a future. A very bright future, we hope," Irving said. "We've learned a lot these last few months, we really want to make the game better, we believe Anthem can be a really amazing game. We know we have some work to do, we just want to work with the community and build it together and make it the game that everyone wants it to be."

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Returning to this after they added some much needed QoL changes in 1.2.0.

I enjoy the cutscene work a lot. Faye, Haluk, and Owen have some cool interactions.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah I see them having pretty much no chance of saving this. Even if they fix it and have new content this fall and next spring are loaded with new releases and then new consoles are launching next fall so it would get lost in the shuffle outside of its remaining base. Even in the coop loot game space there's Monster Hunter World DLC, Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 DLC (and base game going F2P) in September.

I'm guessing the cataclysm will come out and EA will pull the plug on funding any more major updates.

Last edited:

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I see them having pretty much no chance of saving this. Even if they fix it and have new content this fall and next spring are loaded with new releases and then new consoles are launching next fall so it would get lost in the shuffle outside of its remaining base. Even in the coop loot game space there's Monster Hunter World DLC soon and Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 DLC (and base game going F2P) in September.

I'm guessing the cataclysm will come out and EA will pull the plug on funding any more major updates.

Hmm, although unlikely, I'm hoping there's a chance they rehaul the game (whatever they can do realistically) and relaunch it with the next gen consoles.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Hmm, although unlikely, I'm hoping there's a chance they rehaul the game (whatever they can do realistically) and relaunch it with the next gen consoles.

If it was any publisher other than EA I'd have more hope. I only see it happening if BioWare can get away for EA like Bungie did from Activision. EA only cares about games that bring in big, continuous revenue streams and this doesn't seem like a game that's likely to do that even with a reworking.

Looter service games need paid expansions unless they're F2P like Warframe where they can get away with pay to progress faster stuff and they promised no paid dlc beyond cosmetics. Looter fans are starved for new content to grind and more meaningful loot to obtain and will pay for expansions to get more of both. It doesn't seem like cosmetics sell all that sell in this or Destiny like they do in PvP games like Overwatch.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
There's little hope now of a grand overhaul IMO, the team left seeing to the live service are all about creating content and working within the existing framework. AFAIK the other parts of EA that were giving the game all hands on deck attention months ago and obviously the team who are now working hard on DA are no longer in the picture. As there's no real prospect of this game ever becomming a MTX cash cow with barely a single udder to tug on, there's no incentive to throw good money after bad.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
If it was any publisher other than EA I'd have more hope. I only see it happening if BioWare can get away for EA like Bungie did from Activision. EA only cares about games that bring in big, continuous revenue streams and this doesn't seem like a game that's likely to do that even with a reworking.

Looter service games need paid expansions unless they're F2P like Warframe where they can get away with pay to progress faster stuff and they promised no paid dlc beyond cosmetics. Looter fans are starved for new content to grind and more meaningful loot to obtain and will pay for expansions to get more of both. It doesn't seem like cosmetics sell all that sell in this or Destiny like they do in PvP games like Overwatch.

I agree. It's a shame because I still truly belive that under all the crap, there's still a decent game to be had somewhere. One day I'd love to see a video of how everything started to go wrong (from a game design and content creation standpoint), and when the feeling started to spread that they'd not be ready by launch.

Oct 28, 2017
Game was only $20 new at Best Buy so I game it a chance. So far I freaking love this game. Playing on the One X (if that matters). Production values are of the chain, and since ive never played Destiny or and other game in the genre, its all new to me. I dig this.

Also to quote Huber, "Good Faces!"

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's a great game for 30 hours, not bad for quite a few more. Then there's little reason to play - well worth your $20!

Oct 28, 2017
How is the community on Xbox One?
you able to find groups easily?

I wouldn't know, my damn son took the Xbox in his room when i was buildung a BBQ pit in the yard. I only got to play the prologue (I think) inwas going onna mission to find some guy for this boss looking chick and I think I was by myself exploring.

Admittedly ive never played any online game that wasn't a fighting game so I might be missing some of the details.

This game is flat out gorgeous too!

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Hey guys I have a question,
I bought the legion of dawn edition of the game for ps4 yesterday from best buy because it was on sale. So when I redeemed the code from the store it didn't give me an option to download and it's not showing up in my game library. Is this normal for it? Support was completely useless one person told me to contact the retailer and I explained the code issue would be on EA because they manufacturer the game. The transaction on my account shows I redeemed it

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Hey guys I have a question,
I bought the legion of dawn edition of the game for ps4 yesterday from best buy because it was on sale. So when I redeemed the code from the store it didn't give me an option to download and it's not showing up in my game library. Is this normal for it? Support was completely useless one person told me to contact the retailer and I explained the code issue would be on EA because they manufacturer the game. The transaction on my account shows I redeemed it
If u have it...u have to like unlock the shop at fort tarsis like 2-3 missions in or something. Then in the shop u will see a tab or something that u can click over and get the armor and gun

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
If u have it...u have to like unlock the shop at fort tarsis like 2-3 missions in or something. Then in the shop u will see a tab or something that u can click over and get the armor and gun
Thanks for the reply. I'll try it out and see if it's available that way. It's just weird to me that it come up as a download on the playstation store. Same thing happened to me with battlefront 2 deluxe edition dlc.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Era's discord for Anthem was killed on June 21st. Hoping BW manages to do something with the game eventually but for now I don't have any hope for it.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, I jumped back into the campaign after a huge break and remembered how much I really like the combat in this game, it just speaks to me. If the darn thing performed better (lag, what's hitting me?) and had more interesting loot I would be obsessed with this nonsense

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I still quite like the gameplay. Just needs a loot revamp and something repeatable that's dynamic/changes.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I still quite like the gameplay. Just needs a loot revamp and something repeatable that's dynamic/changes.

yeah tbh, that would be dope. Some story missions are really hype. Idk what the deal is with performance though. Sometimes it seems fine and then sometimes I bug out and have no health haha

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about the GaaS elements, I just want to know if this is a decent "bonus" game I can give in a Xmas present bundle for the PS4. The classes and solo mechanics are tempting.

Are the crazy bugs fixed? How are the loading times? If someone just wants to play the story, will that be satisfying?