• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about the GaaS elements, I just want to know if this is a decent "bonus" game I can give in a Xmas present bundle for the PS4. The classes and solo mechanics are tempting.

Are the crazy bugs fixed? How are the loading times? If someone just wants to play the story, will that be satisfying?
I picked it up for the X so I am speaking for consoles in general. Loading times are better than they were at launch so far I have had groups to play with but I am low level. Story so far has been ok, nothing to be excited about as Bioware storytelling has been abysmal lately. Flying as a javelin is brilliant and that alone is worth the price of a cheaper admission.

Do not buy full price.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up for the X so I am speaking for consoles in general. Loading times are better than they were at launch so far I have had groups to play with but I am low level. Story so far has been ok, nothing to be excited about as Bioware storytelling has been abysmal lately. Flying as a javelin is brilliant and that alone is worth the price of a cheaper admission.

Do not buy full price.
Ok. I can buy it for $20 or less as a physical copy for an Xmas gift for smeone else. Problem is, I myself want to fly around and use powers myself but I buy digital and on PSN it's still $60 freaking dollars.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I can buy it for $20 or less as a physical copy for an Xmas gift for smeone else. Problem is, I myself want to fly around and use powers myself but I buy digital and on PSN it's still $60 freaking dollars.

It's not worth it at 25$. Don't get it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Even knowing what I know now, I'd still buy Anthem, not full price, but maybe around £20. I may return to the game in September/ October (as in six months after release), but otherwise unless there's somekind of major overhaul (unlikely), I'm done with it personally, and will remember it as an ok sp game.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I have mostly good memories of this game. Didn't try to make it my daily driver GaaS, and ended my EA access sub before I felt burned

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Did they ever fix loot? Like at all?

Is there any reason whatsoever to do grandmaster 3 difficulty?

Last edited:

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
So I finally got around to trying to play this today and it's basically not playable? I get disconnected from the servers every five minutes. Can't complete anything. Is there a fix for this or is this just how Anthem is?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally got around to trying to play this today and it's basically not playable? I get disconnected from the servers every five minutes. Can't complete anything. Is there a fix for this or is this just how Anthem is?

That is the game! The same problem has been there since the "beta".

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Looks like the cataclysm might be starting to role out.
Getting reports of Crystal formations in freeplay and storms popping up. Not checked myself yet but I did notice yesterday the sky box had changed to show a distant storm.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I switched over to the PC version from PS4 and I'm on the final mission but no matter what the game crashes to desktop anytime I try to run the final mission any know of a work around for this? I've re-installed, updated all drivers and pretty much everything I could find online but I simply can't start the mission as it crashes right after the cutscene.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I switched over to the PC version from PS4 and I'm on the final mission but no matter what the game crashes to desktop anytime I try to run the final mission any know of a work around for this? I've re-installed, updated all drivers and pretty much everything I could find online but I simply can't start the mission as it crashes right after the cutscene.

My understanding is it is crashing a lot on all systems. I am mopping up achievements on Xbox right now and the game constantly crashes or freezes.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I watched the whole scene when I completed the story on PC,still working on getting the gear up to max for when the new event kicks in.
I was skipping cutscenes because I already maxed out and did the story on PS4. I just built a new beefy PC so I would rather play on that and I've been trying to power through the game to max level. I like the new crystal events and stuff leading up to the cataclysm so far it's kind of neat but they need to figure out their servers before it launches cause it's an absolute mess right now. Constant crashing, massive frame rate drops, Tarsis chugs sometimes it's rough.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I was skipping cutscenes because I already maxed out and did the story on PS4. I just built a new beefy PC so I would rather play on that and I've been trying to power through the game to max level. I like the new crystal events and stuff leading up to the cataclysm so far it's kind of neat but they need to figure out their servers before it launches cause it's an absolute mess right now. Constant crashing, massive frame rate drops, Tarsis chugs sometimes it's rough.
Yeah servers are poor all round (I play on X1X & PC)
Other than some micro stutters on Tarsis the game is smooth for me. Installed on an M8 drive so maybe that helps.
I around lvl 28 360ish power so feel free to add me for Alliance bonus, same screen name as on here.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah servers are poor all round (I play on X1X & PC)
Other than some micro stutters on Tarsis the game is smooth for me. Installed on an M8 drive so maybe that helps.
I around lvl 28 360ish power so feel free to add me for Alliance bonus, same screen name as on here.

Playing on two systems with all these issues. You have patience.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Guilds are active and a phone app to run them is available.
I'm in an active PS guild and will be setting up Xbox & PC guilds shortly if no Era guilds spring up.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Bioware and EA released a trailer for Cataclysm:

Ngl It looks interesting enough to make be boot up the game for the first time in a looooong while.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Just played the cataclysm it's actually pretty fun the guns feel way more useful now and my damage went up alot. The drop rates are better as well and they even fixed the expedition results screen now if it gets stuck you can skip it by pressing the touch pad I dunno what button it is on xbox though.