• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I messed around with things yesterday. NO idea what is going on with the new Cataclysm stuff. But I had fun, so I may keep at it.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Mods if this is not allowed then please delete.
Anthem guild list. Up to now it's only the Playstation guild that's filling up quickly but all guilds were only made live today.

PS4 - Obsidian Guard
Xbox - Obsidian GuardX
PC - Obsidian Guard1

Search the one that relates to your platform via the phone app. (link sharing is not an option yet)

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem guild list. Up to now it's only the Playstation guild that's filling up quickly but all guilds were only made live today.

PS4 - Obsidian Guard
Xbox - Obsidian GuardX
PC - Obsidian Guard1

Search the one that relates to your platform via the phone app. (link sharing is not an option yet)

What's the phone app called? I can't find it on Google Play.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

EDIT: I'm searching for Obsidian Guard for PS4 via the app but it returns no hits. Anybody know what's up?

Last edited:

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit 1k achievements for this game on the Xbox. I feel empty inside time to play with others I guess.

At this point we should probobly put together another Discord if people want a small support community.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just hit 1k achievements for this game on the Xbox. I feel empty inside time to play with others I guess.

At this point we should probobly put together another Discord if people want a small support community.
1k takes a bit of doing, Im scroll finishing the story on Xbox so a way to go lol.
As for Discord I might look at setting it up if enough interest in the guilds.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is up with all the random stuff outside of the safe zones in the cataclysm? I found an electric ball thing that looks like it needs to be powered by 3 echoes, a few teleportation pads (which teleported me all the way back to the beginning, underwater, killing me before I could make it back to Vara--thanks, BW), and a bunch of other ? spots.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
What is up with all the random stuff outside of the safe zones in the cataclysm? I found an electric ball thing that looks like it needs to be powered by 3 echoes, a few teleportation pads (which teleported me all the way back to the beginning, underwater, killing me before I could make it back to Vara--thanks, BW), and a bunch of other ? spots.
It's all for bonus points. There are runes that give points and time, the electric ball opens for a bunch of point orbs, the teleporters allow you to travel quickly once you know which leads where. The best way to maximize your score is to get your multiplier as high as possible by doing all available events and then all the bonus stuff outside the safe zones.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the cataclysm event. The group I was with just did a few of the events and then went for the boss. This is going to take a few days before people understand what to do. I really do not believe there is enough content to bring back people but if anyone is coming back and playing on PC or Xbox look me up and I will tag along for some mindless fun.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
the pads unlock statues that give orbs and if you mean the bomb near the old Fort that part of the secret Grabbit King ears quest.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I tried the cataclysm event. The group I was with just did a few of the events and then went for the boss. This is going to take a few days before people understand what to do. I really do not believe there is enough content to bring back people but if anyone is coming back and playing on PC or Xbox look me up and I will tag along for some mindless fun.
Sure what's you GT on both platforms?
EDIT - Already got you on Xbox guild.

Last edited:

g23

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot how pleasant and satisfying the moment to moment gameplay is for this game.

If only there just more content and gameplay systems to keep you invested and engaged.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

PS4 - Obsidian Guard
Xbox - Obsidian GuardX
PC - Obsidian Guard1

I applied ps4 legoman-D

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
You know, I'm liking the new content a lot, and I'm having fun with the game.

The biggest issue Anthem has right now is *content*. They need things for me to do in the game, and they need to give us more content.

I think a PVP mode and something like the Gambit from D2. They really need to focus their effort on content that players can entertain themsleves with, because right now they are creating very little content, and the content they are putting out is the sort of thing that once I've done it 5-10 times I'm more or less done with.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty impressed with what I've seen coming back, going to finish off the new story stuff at some point, watch a few videos on the cataclysm mechanics and see how long that lasts. A nice distraction from grinding solstice armour and other crap I don't particularly want in D2 at least.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Tried the cataclysm for the first time, but felt so lost. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, so I just followed the randoms I was playing with. Eventually, I ended the mission as they flew off on their own.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
The store has a season section that has some nice stuff at the moment,I'm saving up crystals on pc for these two.
48498211481_346f709188_o.jpg

48498385857_45e76540a7_o.jpg

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Cataclysm is an interesting concept that is going to take another week for people to get used to. Running it with randoms takes a lot of patience.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Done a few myself but still wouldn't say I'm 100% on the event.
I can say I've failed the Grabbit King quest four times now lol.

We will have to put together a group and do Grabbit King. My understanding is it is harsh for timing. I really should have focused on PC first now I feel as though I played the game in reverse.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I want to run Cataclysm on PC, but I keep reading posts like this. Is it really that confusing?

Cataclysm is set up as mini events before the boss fight. You can do as few or as many of said events which in total are seven I believe. Each event gives a bonus point chain so that when you finish the boss you get a huge score. Modifers are linked to events done, time, party size and if you finish the boss. Right now a lot of people are going in blind so it feels confusing and horrible but in a few days more and more people will get into the swing of things and random groups will be able to get it done.

I am not high enough on PC as I just started there but give me a week and we can do some runs.

I really do believe that this is the last patch for the game. I want to be wrong and eat my words but the silent update and no hype from Bioware on release of Cataclysm really has me confused and leaning towards the game is dead.

Oct 29, 2017
Anthem has its hooks back in me a little. I'm still at epic ranked javelin; is farming Cataclysm the best way to get to masterwork level? I'm seeing masterwork drops at 58-61 and one legendary so far at 75.

Should I be doing any other daily stuff right now or is Cataclysm the best use of time?

What do embers do? I have no idea how to use them. Googling for Anthem stuff just finds outdated info from launch.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I just started to play the other day and this game isn't bad. I was expecting much worse, but I'm actually enjoying myself. I will say this Tomb of the Legionnaires quest is horrible. It's just strange that they interrupted the story for this long and tedious quest line. I'm almost done with it now; I just have to do world events, chests, and combos.

Other than that shitty quest and some bugs here and there, the game is great so far. I imagine the issue is the end game and there not being a lot of content. So I'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Synless

Oct 30, 2017
I just started this game due to this update, how do my buddy and I get up to speed quickly? We want to level and gear up fast.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Should I be doing any other daily stuff right now or is Cataclysm the best use of time?

What do embers do? I have no idea how to use them. Googling for Anthem stuff just finds outdated info from launch.
Embers are to craft weapons and the once off mission buffs, I expect they will have a much greater role in the near future. Currently the epic embers are the only ones that have any real use.
As for what to focus on I'm trying to just stash large and small shards ready for the next update.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I just started this game due to this update, how do my buddy and I get up to speed quickly? We want to level and gear up fast.
You really need to get the story out of the way,when you get to the crappy unlocking of tombs section don't forget that multi kills is more of a speed kill thing,eight bad guys in ten seconds rather than killing three at once.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Store reset day and this week's updates.

Cataclysm "Echoes of Reality" Changes:

"Diana's Landing" Event - You'll now have a 4th arena to test your wits and boost your point output before taking on Vara. Diana's Landing, which is located in the "Dominion Foothold" district, will have you facing the Riftmaster in this brand new puzzle. (No spoilers from me)
Inversions Changes - Hope you didn't get too used to Week 1's buffs, as this week's inversions are a bit different:
Lightning Rod: Close-range kills chain lightning to nearby enemies.
Close Encounters: Shotguns and Machine Pistols deal increased damage.

Seasonal Store Refresh:

War Chest: Melee Weapon - (returning)
War Chest: Gear - In addition to melee weapon War Chests, you'll also be able to spend your earned Crystal currency on new War Chests containing a (random) javelin Gear piece. As a reminder, these War Chests allow you to trade in Crystals for a Masterwork item (with a chance to roll Legendary).
Shard Torrent Armor Pack (Storm Javelin)
Wrap: Fractured Twilight
Painted: Amethyst Gemstone Material
Graphic: Harmonic Crest
Graphic: Night Lattice
Decal: Emerald Warp
Decal: Cobalt Warp
Decal: Amber Warp
Arrival: Kung Fu Bring It (Interceptor Javelin)
Emote: Excited Come Here

Daily Cataclysm Challenge:

Daily Cataclysm Arenas Challenge: Gear - These challenges granted a Melee weapon in Week 1, and now they reward you with a Gear piece (Masterwork with a chance to be Legendary). These can be repeated daily, so don't forget them!
Power of the Storm (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Storm javelin and be rewarded with one Storm Gear piece.
Heart of the Ranger (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Ranger javelin and be rewarded with one Ranger Gear piece.
Strength of the Colossus (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Colossus javelin and be rewarded with one Colossus Gear piece.
Speed of the Interceptor (Daily) - Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Interceptor javelin and be rewarded with one Interceptor Gear piece.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Strongholds are trash xp unless they've been buffed since I stopped playing a couple months ago. Do quickplay missions instead.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Quickplay seems to be where it's at. Half the time I join and it's just ending and I still get a good chunk of xp.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Is this game viable to play through the story now? I spent $80 on it, so I should at least give the story a play-through, but I was unable to play during launch because I would get booted from the network 90% of the time (no joke with that)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Is this game viable to play through the story now? I spent $80 on it, so I should at least give the story a play-through, but I was unable to play during launch because I would get booted from the network 90% of the time (no joke with that)

The story is actually decent. It's much better than the Division 2 story line and other GaaS.

It has some good and likable characters. The game play can get redundant, but all looters share that flaw at times.

I didn't have any issues soloing the story.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Started getting back into the game tonight since they seemingly fixed the constant crashing on Xbox. I forgot how fun the gameplay is in this.

Think I'll try to finish the story this week. We'll see what happens afterwards, since I don't really have many friends who play this game.

Also, I wish the mobile app were good for more than just guild management.

Last edited: