• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Javelin is your go to choice/main when playing Anthem?

• Ranger

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • Colossus

Votes: 254 25.8%
  • Storm

Votes: 330 33.6%
  • Interceptor

Votes: 200 20.3%

• Total voters

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I've played like 15 hours since the Cataclysm came out I hated the game while I was leveling but it's a lot of fun now the drop rates are way better as well. I did a GM2 cataclysm and got 2 legionaries within 5 minutes.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I've been debating on picking this up for a while now, because I always thought that once I make the dive, that they would put it on EA Access. I went ahead and ordered a used copy for $12, so I won't feel too bad when it hits EA Access next week. 🤣

EDIT: Also, I'll be on Xbox. Is there an active guild that's on here looking for a new recruit?

EDIT:
Mods if this is not allowed then please delete.
Anthem guild list. Up to now it's only the Playstation guild that's filling up quickly but all guilds were only made live today.

PS4 - Obsidian Guard
Xbox - Obsidian GuardX
PC - Obsidian Guard1

Search the one that relates to your platform via the phone app. (link sharing is not an option yet)
I sent an application for the Xbox guild! 😄

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I've been debating on picking this up for a while now, because I always thought that once I make the dive, that they would put it on EA Access. I went ahead and ordered a used copy for $12, so I won't feel too bad when it hits EA Access next week. 🤣

EDIT: Also, I'll be on Xbox. Is there an active guild that's on here looking for a new recruit?

EDIT:

I sent an application for the Xbox guild! 😄
Got you, Welcome to the guild!

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I played about an hour of GM1 freeplay and did a couple of legendary contracts last night and came away with 2 legendary weapons and 5 masterwork items (one of which was a minor upgrade) so the drop rates definitely seem better. I am going to check out some of the Cataclysm stuff tonight...

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Played this again for the first time in months and I had a really good time. You certainly get a lot of loot thrown at you unlike before. I can see myself playing this again for a few weeks, at least until Gears 5 is out. It feels far more polished and player friendly than before for sure.

Last edited:

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
The new Interceptor armor is great I got mine today and want to see more like it.

0dSehlr.png

Oct 27, 2017
I just applied to join the PS4 guild. Is there a new discord for this game or do we need to make one? I've been meaning to fire this game back up. I never finished the campaign. Got distracted with other games.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Got a pretty nice Legendary 350% gear damage plus 50% armor refill for using it. Certainly gonna help with my Interceptor. So far I can handle GM2 pretty easily but I still need to work on being able to take a little more damage I have a rough balance of power to armor, I mean right now I have a decent build but I'm lacking in taking damage. I have other legendaries for my components but I don't wanna give up the 3 dash ammo refill on the elusive talisman component right now it's too beneficial lol. I also sent a clan app in for the PC group.

1rwctsL.png

9eAxu2W.png

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Got a pretty nice Legendary 350% gear damage plus 50% armor refill for using it. Certainly gonna help with my Interceptor. So far I can handle GM2 pretty easily but I still need to work on being able to take a little more damage I have a rough balance of power to armor, I mean right now I have a decent build but I'm lacking in taking damage. I have other legendaries for my components but I don't wanna give up the 3 dash ammo refill on the elusive talisman component right now it's too beneficial lol. I also sent a clan app in for the PC group.

1rwctsL.png

9eAxu2W.png
Nice upgrade!
Got you on the guild. Welcome!

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played in ages, I played loads and loads ok release...finnaly come back, and I still get like 10 solid minutes of server disconnects, and pilot errors. Haha

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the Raid Lite mechanics in Cataclysm are pretty well done. A few weeks into it, playing the full Cataclysm run is fun, rewarding, and feels satisfying. You get a lot of loot, lot of crystals (I bought about 10 weapon chests and got one of the new weapons as a Legendary).

It does feel a bit like it should be a permanent feature. Is it going to be removed next "season"? It's a fair amount of content.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i finally played the Cataclysm. And much to my surprise....I enjoyed it???
I still get a little lost. And not entirely sure how to complete all events.

And im getting a fair amount of loot for my time investment. There is still a maddening amount of chaos. Where ur just like on fire for some reason, cant fly, enemies are spawning right behind u and ur being shot from like 3 angles and dont even realize it until u see ur health bar is red. There is just a carelessness in feedback of when ur being attacked or overheating.

the game is still buggy. Using the launch bay is just a recipe for disaster. The vendors are nonsensical. There are 3 within 10 feet of each other and they all sell the same thing. Armor is too expensive. I dont think i've ever been able to afford armor in this game. I still just have the default armor and the pre-order armor. I have tons of materials and nothing to use them on. As far as i can tell u just use them to craft loot. But u can't craft loot until you have already used that loot u want to craft a million times in missions and combat already? whats the point of that

i still think this game could be good. It just needs a lot of attention

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized that this was available now via ea/origin access. Installed it on my Xbox One X and it seems to play and control very well so far. HDR seems to look off though? Why do dark, shadowy areas have purple splotchy spots?

Edit:
Nevermind, just realized that I should leave the brightness slider at the default 50 instead of following instructions.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just realized that this was available now via ea/origin access. Installed it on my Xbox One X and it seems to play and control very well so far. HDR seems to look off though? Why do dark, shadowy areas have purple splotchy spots?

Edit:
Nevermind, just realized that I should leave the brightness slider at the default 50 instead of following instructions.
You mean the demo not that the game has entered the vault yeah?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Never played this... worth grabbing a month of EA access basic to give it a go?
It's fun enough. It's sort of failed as a live service game, but if you just want to run through the campaign and maybe check out the side content afterwards, you'll get your money's worth.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got this for $20 when buying the husband's switch lite... haven't found any good guides... any recommendations?
just do the story missions for now. dont worry about exploring too much. at a certain point in the story its going to ask you to do that anyway.

once you are done with the story, be sure to complete the faction quests. once you are done with that, the end game begins and its going to be all about acquiring masterworks and legendaries over and over again until you find ones that best suit your build. its going to take a lot of grinding to get the best rolls but the game is so much fun you wont care.

dont worry about any of that for your first 20-30 hours though. you should start getting MW weapons and abilities after you finish the story and hit level 30. the Legendary weapons and abilities are basically the same as MW but with better attributes and one awesome new ability in every weapon/ability. thats going to keep you busy from hour 50-100 or more if you want to change up your builds. there is a lot of variety for each class. you can have a fire build or a shock build or a freeze build if you are playing as storm. or a simple support build where you prime everyone and have your team detonate combos. i spent well over 150 hours just trying to find the best items for my class.

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
just do the story missions for now. dont worry about exploring too much. at a certain point in the story its going to ask you to do that anyway.

once you are done with the story, be sure to complete the faction quests. once you are done with that, the end game begins and its going to be all about acquiring masterworks and legendaries over and over again until you find ones that best suit your build. its going to take a lot of grinding to get the best rolls but the game is so much fun you wont care.

dont worry about any of that for your first 20-30 hours though. you should start getting MW weapons and abilities after you finish the story and hit level 30. the Legendary weapons and abilities are basically the same as MW but with better attributes and one awesome new ability in every weapon/ability. thats going to keep you busy from hour 50-100 or more if you want to change up your builds. there is a lot of variety for each class. you can have a fire build or a shock build or a freeze build if you are playing as storm. or a simple support build where you prime everyone and have your team detonate combos. i spent well over 150 hours just trying to find the best items for my class.

thanks! Any alliance I could join?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I'm on Xbox and put in an application. Do you have to reach a certain point in the story or level to access the feature?
Trying to recall if it's lvl 5 or 8 but either way your in and can access guild coin each week.
The Cataclysm has just finished and with Shadowkeep launching it will be a bit quite for a while but just shout out for help on Strongholds and such like.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I've been playing it lately and finished the story few days ago and finished all the side quests yesterday, it's so much fun, really good, the gameplay is satisfying and amazing.

Was farming gear today and got full legendary and masterwork gear, except for the melee weapon, these don't drop or what?
Edit: yep, they don't drop but I managed to get from the Cataclysm war chest.

I'll try to farm the cataclysm tomorrow but unlocking the war chest melee weapon is random and most likely won't get one for the Interceptor.

Last edited:

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
So... it's telling me to talk to Adams in prison, but I don't get a prompt to open the door. Is this a known glitch? Or do I need to complete other quests for the door to open?

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone sumarize to me why all the hate against the game? I got it from EA Access the other day on Pro and I think it is quite an amazing game.
So is it the campaing boring? No end game? Not good drops? no PVP?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone sumarize to me why all the hate against the game? I got it from EA Access the other day on Pro and I think it is quite an amazing game.
So is it the campaing boring? No end game? Not good drops? no PVP?
The game was absolutely unplayable at launch, with a ton of technical issues. There was no endgame since loot progression was broken, and also not much of a reason to get things because there was no content. Then Bioware abandoned all their future plans with expansions and DLC (They deleted the roadmap from their website). There was a lot of lies, too, like when one of the lead devs said you would be able to get new armor from Elysium chests, and then that was not the case.

A lot of the systems for damage calculation made no sense since it had a ton of weird scaling that simply made getting better gear made your Javelin worse (People find out that the starter weapon of the game did the most amount of damage, for example).

Then Bioware went absolutely radio silent, saying the community was toxic. Cataclysm rolled out in phases, with the first appearance being very underwhelming (People joked that the "Shaper Storm' was no more than a blue filter on the screen and some wind that made the trees sway a bit). The next phases of Cataclysm were a little better, but then they pulled the event from the game.

Now people are here, with no future planned for Anthem, the subreddit has like 400 people online posting just memes and the OT on Era getting one post every six days or so.

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks bud, that says it all I guess. Well, this is a missed opportunity I must say as the game looks and plays incredible, but all those issues cannot be ignored.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks bud, that says it all I guess. Well, this is a missed opportunity I must say as the game looks and plays incredible, but all those issues cannot be ignored.
I honestly think you should play the campaign, see the story, and them see where it goes from there, since Cataclysm (the one thing you could be doing after the story) is now gone.

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm level 30, getting masterwork items which is pushing my overall power up.
now how do I get legendary? Only by playing Grandmaster 2 or higher missions? Is it all random?

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
Btw... I went into this expecting nothing, and even though I see all the flaws in the game... it just keeps pulling me back.

i got another 2 friends into it and now helping them raise their level so we can do cataclysm.

theres no much potential in this game, I really think that the 2.0 version will be pretty amazing.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Btw... I went into this expecting nothing, and even though I see all the flaws in the game... it just keeps pulling me back.

i got another 2 friends into it and now helping them raise their level so we can do cataclysm.

theres no much potential in this game, I really think that the 2.0 version will be pretty amazing.
GM1 drops legendary weapons and Cataclysm.
If your friends are starting to play then you wl be able to reap coin every week because friends and/or a guild gives you coin contributions.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
There was a new twitter post saying to spend your crystals before maintenance tomorrow so it looks like Cataclysm is coming to an official end possibly. Post taken from reddit.
ebdc4kvmkrs31.jpg

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
New Halloween event "Season of Skulls" is up with a bunch of new stuff plus welcome needed fixes.
Anthem 1.5.0 Patch notes

New Features
  • The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you'll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
  • New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
  • Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.
  • Mass Salvage is now available on all inventory management screens.
  • The chance to obtain a legendary item from a war chest has increased by 250%
  • A Legendary-Only War Chest has been added to the Seasonal Store